Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

3 day tuna diet

zinc4

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey has anyone tried this? Just tuna and water
You obviously can't do it full time like for weeks or months because of mercury poisoning which sucks because i could live on tuna and vegetables forever.

This 3 day diet us accompanied by hard exercise running on the beach and swimming hard in the ocean then doing a few hundred pushups and a lot of leg swings laying down for my core.

I feel like i need to lose 15 pounds at least and get more toned. I notice that the guys who always pull here in Playa are either really skinny or just straight up jacked. Im approaching 40 but look early 30s like 32 or something. At this age it seems fat tends to accumulate more easily unless you are dieting and working out hard.

After this 3 day jumpstart i plan to just eat meats and vegetables and eggs too. Nothing else. And lean meet like chicken no beef only rarely.

If i go out and drink later after this 3 days ill just drink.wine or spirits.

This is my 2nd day and i can feel i lost water weight already which us good. I did a few hundred pushups yesterday and swam hard. What do you guys think? Any experts on dieting and working out here?

I might look for an mma gym as well.

cola

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You don’t get fit by going on diets. You need to find out your daily maintenance calories and eat slightly beneath that for permanent results. Figure out your macronutrient needs and literally eat whatever you want as long as it fits your caloric and macro goals. In addition you need to find a routine at the gym and stick to it religiously.

Crash diets are for fat girls with no discipline.

logicallefty

Reaction score
I lost 15 x lbs once in two weeks by eating nothing but grilled chicken, baked or crock pot turkey, and baked fish. I don't think I could do just tuna for more than a couple days.

darksprezzatura

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What's your goal deadline? (~15 lb fat loss)

What are your stats? Height, weight, body fat

What's your daily energy expenditure?

I can't help unless I know these details. I doubt anybody can.

And +1 what @cola said.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
You don’t get fit by going on diets. You need to find out your daily maintenance calories and eat slightly beneath that for permanent results. Figure out your macronutrient needs and literally eat whatever you want as long as it fits your caloric and macro goals. In addition you need to find a routine at the gym and stick to it religiously.

If you want to spend a lot more time getting to your goals you could do that. Or you could do it a lot faster by using hormones to your advantage rather than your disadvantage. People think it needs to be some long drawn out process but there is no reason why most people can't drop 15-20 pounds in a month if they understand how to set themselves up properly to do it.

Eating tuna for 3 days isn't it tho. Great way to take in a crapload of mercury tho.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sardines > tuna.

Do not eat predatory fish.

I agree with other posters; diets are not the way to go. Though keto as a lifestyle is very effective. For weight loss cut out the carbs. Feast on Protein and vegetables.

jimwho

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The longer you eat healthy the more ingrained it becomes. Just don't eat anything that comes in a box, or processed.
Accept maybe butter or wine;) Nobody gets jacked in 72 Hours. I'm admittedly too strict, I see peoples shopping
Carts and feel uneasy knowing they're poisoning themselves. 200 pushups negates any can of tuna. PS, when you can, (no pun) get fresh tuna instead and nix the jumpstart.

zinc4

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

For sure man. I have a plan after the 3 or 4 days of only tuna. This is just a jump start. You guys do pushups every day or should u every other to rest yr muscles like bench pressing?

zinc4

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What's your goal deadline? (~15 lb fat loss)

What are your stats? Height, weight, body fat

What's your daily energy expenditure?

I can't help unless I know these details. I doubt anybody can.

And +1 what @cola said.
Im 6'3 probably 225 pounds or so. I used to lose weight just from extreme cardio running. My knees got weak though. But ive been swimming freestyle hard in the ocean daily here. Excellent full body workout especially when u swimming against big waves. But im going to start jogging as well. After the tuna diet i plan to just eat lean meat and vegetables for the next 2 ir 3 weeks.

Whoever asked me my timeline of losing 15 pounds: honestly as fast as possible. 1 week or 2. A lot of that will prob be water but whatever im going meat and all veggies after this. If i drink alcohol on spirits and red wine.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Sardines > tuna.

Do not eat predatory fish.

I agree with other posters; diets are not the way to go. Though keto as a lifestyle is very effective. For weight loss cut out the carbs. Feast on Protein and vegetables.
Keto is great if you want to cause longterm metabolic issues where you become very insensitive to insulin when you go to back to eating carbs. And make no mistake you WILL go back to it as some point and quickly gain a bunch of fat.

You also are flattening your muscles due to lack of glycogen and lowering your performance output in the gym. A volumized muscle is a strong muscle. Without glycogen to volumize the muscle properly your strength output is going to go down 10-20% by default. It is why creatine works so well and has stood the test of science...it forces volumization of the muscle.

Also newer studies have shown high carb diets are more effective than low carb diets for fat loss. Part of it is because they enhance the bodies insulin sensitivity.

At the end of the day every benefit you could get from Keto can be obtained from carb cycling without having flatten your muscles, lower your gym performance or cause long term metabolic disorders and insulin insensitivity. Which leads me to say Keto is not a great choice.

Last edited:

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I personally have not used Keto for weight loss. I have two formerly diabetic coworkers that have been on Keto for two years and lost significant weight (30 lbs and 45 lbs) and have since kept it off and are no longer having insulin issues.

EyeOnThePrize

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@zinc4 that's basically a keto diet, but only for 3-4 days, which doesn't make much sense on it's own. If you really want to do it at least eat salmon instead of tuna, the mercury content is a magnitude or two lower.

I've had good results with cyclical keto, which is keto with a 1-2 day carb load every week or two weeks. Like others have said if you're going to hit the gym hard and are trying to pack muscle you need glycogen.

If you're trying to lose weight you can simply stick to keto(with vitamins of course) and do very light workout days only a couple times a week. It'll be extremely hard to hit your calorie targets, that's how you'll lose weight beyond the first two weeks(which is just water weight drop).

It's definitely more fun(and probably more productive) to cut or bulk one at a time rather than try to do both at once. Keto can get you shredded but it's definitely not a good diet for building muscle.

I'd say keto it up or otherwise go low carb til you're down to 200 or 195 and see how you look. If you want to put on more muscle at that point, switch it up to cyclical keto or eat whatever and hit the gym hard. You'll come back up to 220 most likely(mostly water weight) but stick with it for at least 6 months, hit some new 1RM, then shred again to see what you look like at your low range. Rinse repeat.

From all this switching back and forth you'll find a rhythm where you can master slight calorie deficits and surpluses, making the gains and cutting a lot easier. Stay low on the glycemic index unless you're experimenting with post workout recovery like gummy bears.

Then when you want to look cut you can just maintain a slight deficit or semi strict keto with small occasional carb loads and minimal workouts.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
@zinc4 that's basically a keto diet, but only for 3-4 days, which doesn't make much sense on it's own. If you really want to do it at least eat salmon instead of tuna, the mercury content is a magnitude or two lower.

I've had good results with cyclical keto, which is keto with a 1-2 day carb load every week or two weeks. Like others have said if you're going to hit the gym hard and are trying to pack muscle you need glycogen.

If you're trying to lose weight you can simply stick to keto(with vitamins of course) and do very light workout days only a couple times a week. It'll be extremely hard to hit your calorie targets, that's how you'll lose weight beyond the first two weeks(which is just water weight drop).

It's definitely more fun(and probably more productive) to cut or bulk one at a time rather than try to do both at once. Keto can get you shredded but it's definitely not a good diet for building muscle.

I'd say keto it up or otherwise go low carb til you're down to 200 or 195 and see how you look. If you want to put on more muscle at that point, switch it up to cyclical keto or eat whatever and hit the gym hard. You'll come back up to 220 most likely(mostly water weight) but stick with it for at least 6 months, hit some new 1RM, then shred again to see what you look like at your low range. Rinse repeat.

From all this switching back and forth you'll find a rhythm where you can master slight calorie deficits and surpluses, making the gains and cutting a lot easier. Stay low on the glycemic index unless you're experimenting with post workout recovery like gummy bears.

Then when you want to look cut you can just maintain a slight deficit or semi strict keto with small occasional carb loads and minimal workouts.
Cyclical keto is a form of carb cycling basically.

christie

Banned
Reaction score
I highly recommend this if you have had an injury. My leg was stepped on by a mare at a rodeo. Agony.

Within a week I could ride again. Unheard of. The only glucose you should have in your system is from gluconeogenisis. Basically your body takes the tuna protein and synthesizes glucose for other functions requiring glucose in your body.

I learned it from a sports medicine doctor who specializes in sports injuries. The fastest route to injury recovery is absolutely no carbs of any type.
huh, interesting, never learned this before.
A week is quick to be up and mobile again after what you experienced.:up:

darksprezzatura

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Im 6'3 probably 225 pounds or so. I used to lose weight just from extreme cardio running. My knees got weak though. But ive been swimming freestyle hard in the ocean daily here. Excellent full body workout especially when u swimming against big waves. But im going to start jogging as well. After the tuna diet i plan to just eat lean meat and vegetables for the next 2 ir 3 weeks.

Whoever asked me my timeline of losing 15 pounds: honestly as fast as possible. 1 week or 2. A lot of that will prob be water but whatever im going meat and all veggies after this. If i drink alcohol on spirits and red wine.
For optimal results, lose 1% body weight/week, or you might lose muscle.

Keep it like clock work.

Calculate your TDEE, use sedentary.
Subtract 200-300 calories from it.

Use it to see weight loss progress.

Max out protein 1g/lb, fill up healthy fats and complex carbs w the rest.

Keep cardio to a minimal for now.

Max out strength training.

More muscle = higher metabolism.

Use cardio only a tool to break through plateaus

The reason I'm saying this is, if you drastically drop your calories while maxxing out cardio, where will you go from there when you hit a plateau?

zinc4

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For optimal results, lose 1% body weight/week, or you might lose muscle.

Keep it like clock work.

Calculate your TDEE, use sedentary.
Subtract 200-300 calories from it.

Use it to see weight loss progress.

Max out protein 1g/lb, fill up healthy fats and complex carbs w the rest.

Keep cardio to a minimal for now.

Max out strength training.

More muscle = higher metabolism.

Use cardio only a tool to break through plateaus

The reason I'm saying this is, if you drastically drop your calories while maxxing out cardio, where will you go from there when you hit a plateau?

Hmmm seems like you need some cardio regularly to speed things up.

darksprezzatura

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hmmm seems like you need some cardio regularly to speed things up.
I lost over 100 lbs without any cardio, just a calorie deficit and strength training to keep my muscle.

But it was slow af. If I added cardio, I'd probably lose fat quicker but it's a recovery burden too.

Instead, going for walks, taking the stairs, generally being more active helped more than an hour of jogging daily.

Slow and steady