Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

195x11 and 205x5 Bench Press - New Personal Best!

Charm

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
About 5 months ago this year, I started really focussing on quality form in my bench presses. I am slowly bringing the bar all the way to touch my chest as opposed to only bringing it a few inches above my chest on bench. So yesterday I did for the first time 11 reps at 195 without a spotter and 205 for 5 reps with another 2 reps with a spotter which I don't count.

I am 5'9.5 and 193 lbs.

I am looking forward to doing 10 reps at 225 and beyond!

Quagmire911

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Congratulations man.

You should try and get some videos posted and log your training. Would be interesting to see.

Good luck with your training,

Quagmire

blackbelt2k

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
congrats brother. Its incredible when you dimiss all the glory, and just concentrate on quality and making training a passion. The weights go up by themselves, your always looking and feeling good. Keep up the good work.

Charm

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
blackbelt2k said:
congrats brother. Its incredible when you dimiss all the glory, and just concentrate on quality and making training a passion. The weights go up by themselves, your always looking and feeling good. Keep up the good work.
I could not have said it better myself. Quality and humility and respect for every moment leads to bliss.

insidious

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Charm said:
I could not have said it better myself. Quality and humility and respect for every moment leads to bliss.
blackbelt2k & charm, you guys...I love little Zen moments like this :)

Charm, that's great work. You stayed within yourself and resisted the
ego and progress still came. I too have discovered the hard way that progress follows form. The lure of the big numbers has phucked me up enough times, I'm a slow learner...

Charm

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
spiff said:
dude your at my Bw goal already, how does 190 feel on 5'9" whats your bf look like?
I feel very strong at this weight. My by is probably 12-14%.

Charm

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DevanE said:
That's pretty good man!!!! Have you maxed out...?
Nope. I've never gone for a 1rep max because I'm worried about injuring my shoulders. I always lift within my 3-5 MAX REP zone and make small adjustments over-time.