Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

10 Ways to Stop Eating Junk Food

stronglifts

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Espi said:
Good stuff, but I believe very few people have the desire to quit eating junkfood, and I don't think it's necessary to quit eating junkfood. Cheat days, IMO, are a necessity.

Eat right through the week, but reward yourself 1-2 times a week, and if that means pigging out on junk food, do it. No one's perfect, and better still, no none has to be perfect.
Totally agree. If you eat clean 80-90% of the time you'll be ok.

speakeasy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I cut out junk food starting a week ago. As much a sugar addict as I am, I don't even have the withdrawls that I thought I would, weird. I just keep a box of soy chocolate ice cream in the freezer and I have a little bit of that here and there just to suppress the urge for something sweet. I also cheated and had some soda and sweetened ice tea. I told myself I'd cut out anything with high fructose corn syrup.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
speakeasy said:
I cut out junk food starting a week ago. As much a sugar addict as I am, I don't even have the withdrawls that I thought I would, weird. I just keep a box of soy chocolate ice cream in the freezer and I have a little bit of that here and there just to suppress the urge for something sweet. I also cheated and had some soda and sweetened ice tea. I told myself I'd cut out anything with high fructose corn syrup.
I've been able to stop drinking soda because of the new flavored, no calorie, bottled waters that are out. I've found one that taste like Dr. Pepper and another that taste like Sprite, all is good with the world. As for my chocolate fix, I've found 90 calorie, 3g of carbs fudge pops that taste like a Wendy's Frosty (on a stick). Now I just need to find a substitute for Jelly Belly jelly beans...

speakeasy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
^^^I've heard some pretty bad things about the chemical composition of the sweeteners they use for those sparkling flavored waters. I used to drink them but stopped. Make sure you read the labels on those.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
speakeasy said:
^^^I've heard some pretty bad things about the chemical composition of the sweeteners they use for those sparkling flavored waters. I used to drink them but stopped. Make sure you read the labels on those.
Yeah, I've heard about them too but after spending a few months researching it I hadn't found any substantial evidence of any of it being harmful. I wasn't searching Wikipedia either, I've checked with the AMA, NMA and the BMA. There hasn't been enough time to gather substantial information for an accurate study. I'll put it like this, there's more substantiated information about the bad additives they put into sports drinks. Oh well, we're all eventually die some day... :cry:

speakeasy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I just have this weird belief that you don't get something for nothing. Sugar tastes sweet and it's bad for you. If they make something claiming to be as sweet as sugar but without the bad effects, look out, it'll probably catch up with you in one way or another.

i am me

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i could quit eating junk food if i wanted to...ive tried it for a lil while...but i hav no reason to cus people wit high metabolism like me can eat a helluvalotta junk and get away wit it...its really not that hard to quit tho. all u gotta hav is willpower and i think thats connected to self confidence/esteem...also, when u exercise, ur not gonna want that hard work to go to waste jus cus u ate too many sweets...also, stay away from soda. i dont even like the taste, its not refreshing at all...but thats jus me

dot

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I barely eat fast food. And if I do I'm not eating a rapist corporation's fast food. **** all that McDonalds, Taco Bell, KFC, Burger King.

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I really don't eat any junk food. I feel guilty even attempting it anymore. Every bite is just pushing my goals further away. I rarely even crave any junk. I'm also meticulous in weighing and logging my food. It's just not that much of a hassle to me.