“Should work for me”

stringpuller

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Pook adopted anti dumps method of buy a relationship, don't build one. You screen for high interest. When you are screening for high interest, why would you care about OPs predicament at all. If you responded "wrong" and she blew you out, Pook calls that dodging a bullet and weeding out low interest.
Screening is what he's doing. Its a process that's not static. Being blown out shouldn't be a concern or a worry. That i agree with.

OP can take his own route. He asked our opinions and i would have taken it away and moved to a more definitive girl with more interest. "Should be" or should anything is a waste of my time. The interest should be higher then this. Take it away and leave it open for her to contact me. If not then we don't speak again at that point. Simple Sally here

Last edited:
Read the 22 Rules for Massive Success with Women. Everything you need to know to become a huge success with women. And it's free!

LARaiders85

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Screening is what he's doing. Its a process that's not static. Being blown out shouldn't be a concern or a worry. That i agree with.

OP can take his own route. He asked our opinions and i would have taken it away and moved to a more definitive girl with more interest. "Should be" or should anything is a waste of my time. The interest should be higher then this. Take it away and leave it open for her to contact me. If not then we don't speak again at that point. Simple Sally here
I promise you, you and OP spent more thought on the world "should" than she did when she said it. Maybe she has to check her calendar to be sure or she is on call, so what.

stringpuller

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I promise you, you and OP spent more thought on the world "should" than she did when she said it. Maybe she has to check her calendar to be sure or she is on call, so what.
We are not worried about how much thought she put into it. I don't care. We are reading her women speak. That's part of the deal.

Were i live and talk. "Should be" or Should work in this context is flaky or means open but ill let you know.

OP makes a decision and goes with it. I told him what i would reply and it would have had 0 thought after the reply.
Being a student of game is just that. Its a study and implication. We are on a discussion board bro.
Apparently you don't see all the text fail chase me threads these days do you.

So anyhow OP that's my opinion and how i roll. I have had better results being the taker rather then the chaser. Your ability to be indifferent is your core of your frame.

A great follow up text to any flaky unsure set is to cancel and leave it open for her to hit you up. And then you move on. How you word that is up to your style.

Read the 22 Rules for Massive Success with Women. Everything you need to know to become a huge success with women. And it's free!

Espi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In my opinion it boils down to this:

In order to attract them, you must, at some point, be willing to risk losing them.

There are two ways I would handle it, and it depends on the girl, and my gut feeling.

You can simply text back: " Great! See you then ;) ;)"

Or, you can text this:

"Sounds like you might have a lot going on. No worries. Let's cancel that date. I'll reach back out to you next week and see what day might work best. Have a good day ;) ;) "

Either way.

When asking a girl out and you get any variance of the following response, what do you say?

“Yes, that should work for me!” Or “Yes, I should be free then!”

Do you just continue and setup the time and location? Or do you do a Corey Wayne style of takeaway?

Also, this would be via text messaging and not on the phone or in-person.

stringpuller

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You are more invested than she is. Woman speak means what she says isn't that important, only actions.
Misread bro. Its text. New interaction. No rapport. Or very little. Your plugging socket A into B. Thats my take on it. The takeaway is not overly invested.
He already asked her out and got a flaky answer. " So if he pushes through and takes the time to be wasted by maybe or maybe not?
Shaky route to take.
Not this guy. I pull it.

stringpuller

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sounds like you might have a lot going on. No worries. Let's cancel that date. I'll reach back out to you next week and see what day might work best. Have a good day ;);)
Perfect. And she will either say ok. Nothing or escalate her interest from this point.

lamath

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Did not read most reply.

But imo this situation can be avoided by asking when she is available.
If its not clear it mean low interest.

ShePays

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
When asking a girl out and you get any variance of the following response, what do you say?

“Yes, that should work for me!” Or “Yes, I should be free then!”

Do you just continue and setup the time and location? Or do you do a Corey Wayne style of takeaway?

Also, this would be via text messaging and not on the phone or in-person.
What's your flake rate?

I would recommend, if you aren't 100% confident in this girl, you either arrange to pick her up at her place, or have her meet you wherever you'll be, doing whatever you'll be doing.

If she'd rather meet you there, overbook. If they both/all show up, there are less fun problems to have. If none shows, you need to work on your approach.

Espi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
imo this situation can be avoided by asking when she is available. If its not clear it mean low interest.
I make it a point to never ask when they are available.

I simply invite them to drink with me at a specific place...day...time. The ones who are interested will either accept the invite or counteroffer.

Espi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would recommend, if you aren't 100% confident in this girl, you either arrange to pick her up at her place
I don't recommend a pick-up offer on the first meetup.

In my opinion women should be wary of any guy who offers to pickup on the 1st date. Good way to spook them.

And guys should be wary too (in the rare case that women ask to be picked up on a first date).

I'm not convinced she's sane or even worthy enough to be picked up. I'll gladly arrange the meetup and pay for the drinks. All she has to do is show up, so I ain't volunteering to pick her ass up. She can do that.

2nd date yes. 1st date never. I've had a few 1st-date chicks who asked for me to pick them up, and yes I usually got sex the same night. But really sex on a first date is awkward. And overrated, in my opinion.

Last edited:

ShePays

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't recommend a pick-up offer on the first meetup.

In my opinion women should be wary of any guy who offers to pickup on the 1st date. And guys should be wary too (in the rare case that they ask). I'm not convinced she's sane or even worthy to be picked up. I'll gladly arrange the meetup and pay for the drinks. All she has to do is show up, so I ain't volunteering to pick her ass up. She can do that.

2nd date yes. 1st date never. I've had a few 1st-date chicks who asked for me to pick them up, and yes I usually got sex the same night. But really sex on a first date is awkward. And overrated, in my opinion.
You're right. I forgot what century this was. Whenever I see OLD, i take it personally.

stringpuller

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In my opinion women should be wary of any guy who offers to pickup on the 1st date. Good way to spook them.

And guys should be wary too (in the rare case that women ask to be picked up on a first date)
Product of the times but back in the day was a strong masculine indicator. Not today.
Resources and indifference lead the charge these days. On to the 2020's

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Product of the times but back in the day was a strong masculine indicator. Not today.
Resources and indifference lead the charge these days. On to the 2020's
Girls with nice careers are still thinking a man should be a full provider...

Espi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
indifference
Most definitely, especially in the early phase of courtship. It's perhaps more important than status or looks.

In my opinion best to mix game and charm with detachment and aloofness.

I think @Jeffst1980 hits the mark:

be a "challenge"...the only way to get her interest level up is going to be to plant the seed that you aren't sure about her yet and have other prospects.

Her need for validation is...key...so you need to make her feel that tension and uncertainty.
To me this includes minimal texting before AND after the date..embracing awkward pauses in the conversation during the date...respectfully disagreeing/risking dissapproval during the date...not mentioning or even hinting at a second date while still on the first...not texting if she arrived home safely after the date.

Things like that convey the type of indifference that are actually significant in my opinion.

Last edited:

Espi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Girls with nice careers are still thinking a man should be a full provider...
Absolutely agree. Because in my opinion they are genetically programmed to think that way. And they always will be.

It's definitely an advg. that women exploit. They expect equality without paying the price or accepting the responsibility. In 2019 men are still expected to do the "dirty work" when it comes to building and destroying and maintaining. Men are expected to fight the wars, dig ditches, and collect the trash.

BJP1991

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Interesting how the subject changes overtime.

I think certain people are now putting way way way more thought into this than I ever did, but they accused me of doing so.

I double booked dates for that night and if both stay true, I’m cancelling on the “should” girl - also because she’s been delaying her texts a full day or more, whereas the other is a second date with a girl who shows good IOIs