Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

“Are you up” text

BJP1991

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Been on 2 dates with a girl - lots of making out and touching but no sex yet.

After our second date last night, dropped her off around midnight and went to bed. Woke up and saw she texted me at 4am, asking “Are you up?”

How do you interpret this? Like she wanted to see me again late at night for presumably a booty call?

I replied this morning, saying I was asleep. She replied right away as if nothing was new and asked me about my morning, etc. As if she never had texted in the first place.

Part of me genuinely wants to know why she was texting me. Did she want a BootyCall or was it because she had something on her mind to discuss? Either way - do you ever ask the girl why she would do this or just sweep it under the rug and forget about it/continue going on dates and escalating things physically?

Stupid question, but should I even ask her about what she meant by texting me that?

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
She gave you status by texting you at 4 a.m. If you ask why you will give it right back.

The reason was to see if you were awake. The reason behind the reason is for her to see what kind of dude she's dealing with. Lucky for you, you were asleep. Don't bother trying to guess rationales behind their silliness. Do monitor your responses and their frequency.

BJP1991

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I think she was simply thinking of you.

Think nothing of it, ask her out again, and escalate.
Hear ya. That’s what I plan on doing - she’s been texting me this morning quite a bit already so will probably just ask her out again via text today for sometime this week.

I’ve tried to escalate more and more as the dates go on. She’s being receptive but part of me wonders if she’s trying to get me for the “long run” - meaning a LTR. Which I’m not opposed to with a girl like her.

To the other responder, yeah it’s happened before. Just not with any girls I haven’t already been sexual with - usually is from women I’ve already been there with before, not ones who haven’t yet.

BJP1991

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hear ya. That’s what I plan on doing - she’s been texting me this morning quite a bit already so will probably just ask her out again via text today for sometime this week.

I’ve tried to escalate more and more as the dates go on. She’s being receptive but part of me wonders if she’s trying to get me for the “long run” - meaning a LTR. Which I’m not opposed to with a girl like her.

To the other responder, yeah it’s happened before. Just not with any girls I haven’t already been sexual with - usually is from women I’ve already been there with before, not ones who haven’t yet.
Furthermore, just confirming that this isn’t the only girl I’ve been on dates with lately. So it isn’t like she’s the only one on my radar

BJP1991

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
She gave you status by texting you at 4 a.m. If you ask why you will give it right back.

The reason was to see if you were awake. The reason behind the reason is for her to see what kind of dude she's dealing with. Lucky for you, you were asleep. Don't bother trying to guess rationales behind their silliness. Do monitor your responses and their frequency.
Yeah I’ve been keeping the balance and she does initiate more texts than I do, typically. I’m always cheerful/charming when she texts me and I never do any double texting or anything like that.

Is that what you mean by “monitoring”?

FJA

Don Juan
Reaction score
Girls can be emotional without any reason which has nothing or less to do with you and than start doing these kind of stupid things, like texting in the middle of the night.

About 2 dates without s*x, this happened to me last years twice. What I did, I wrote her (2 girls, some months in between when I met them) when making an appointment for next date.....ok, 3. appoinment, so I´m going to b*ng you, totally directly like this (of course in my language, Dutch). From both I didn´t here for some days, can ben even a week or two for one girl as far as I can remember. Than, both agreed! And I b*nged them! So, be the bad boy, if theres no s*x at the 2. date, make things clear like this. The result can be negative, she can even be angry, I know, that was also my risk, but at least you tried and you don´t waste your time with dating without s*x. I´m not a 6-pack-build man, totally normal, even for me it worked.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Been on 2 dates with a girl - lots of making out and touching but no sex yet.

After our second date last night, dropped her off around midnight and went to bed. Woke up and saw she texted me at 4am, asking “Are you up?”

How do you interpret this? Like she wanted to see me again late at night for presumably a booty call?

I replied this morning, saying I was asleep. She replied right away as if nothing was new and asked me about my morning, etc. As if she never had texted in the first place.

Part of me genuinely wants to know why she was texting me. Did she want a BootyCall or was it because she had something on her mind to discuss? Either way - do you ever ask the girl why she would do this or just sweep it under the rug and forget about it/continue going on dates and escalating things physically?

Stupid question, but should I even ask her about what she meant by texting me that?
If you want almost guaranteed sex on date 2 invite the girl over for dinner and cook for her. I'm 3 for 3 this month on 2nd dates with that.

2Rocky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
if you get a text like that from a girl you are seeing about the time the bars close,she is drunk and horny.

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
MAybe she wants to know if you wake up early. I went on an OLD date with a girl who is a VERY early am person. Like wakes up at 445 everyday to workout before school (teacher.) she texted me once like 6am asking if I was up and how it's important to be a morning person and get stuff done. total sh** test to see if I was awake. A qualifier.

andreihaha

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, good thing you were sleeping at that hour.
I have to agree with everyone that you're overthinking this.
She was interested in you enough to text you at 4 am.
Invite her to your place. "I'm gonna fry some meat" or "I feel like drinking some blabla tonight" should work. Close the deal, if that's what you want. Should be easy.

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
Its weird. What girl texts you at 4 am.
I dont answer and i next her. Your neediness for the booty call is the problem bj and i would suspect this woman is less then stellar.
That hot teacher last summer texted me like 530am to see if I was up. Wtf.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Serious, it was like 530am. I woke up at 830 and was wondering who the hell was texting me so early since everyone knows I'm not a morning person.
And if you start popping up at 530am then what?