"She Laughed All Night. Then She Ghosted You. Here's Why."

Dinner ran three hours. She laughed at everything. You walked her to her car thinking this one's locked in.

Then: nothing. Two texts. No reply. What happened?

You did what most men do on a great date. You filled every silence, answered every question, and left her with nothing to wonder about. No mystery. Nothing to sit with when she got home.

Rule 3 of the "22 Rules" changes the ending: tell her a little, hold back the rest, and let her imagination do the chasing. The ghosting stops too.

Read more...

What instantly tells you a dude is going through a 'mid life crisis'?

Travel memoir21

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 20, 2020
Messages
1,992
Reaction score
1,132
Age
40
Location
Rio Grande Valley, Texas
I can testify some stories coming from some people I know including my father. Things like cheating on your significant other, buying expensive stuff and not living within your means etc. What are you guys opinion on this matter? Can a guy have a mid life crisis or is it a normal state of mind people go through every day?
 

“The 22 Rules That Flip the Script With Women… And How You Can Use Them Tonight”

Most guys accidentally kill attraction before they even speak. They assume they need a bigger bank account, a better physique, or smoother lines. They miss the point.

Female desire operates on a specific set of psychological triggers.  Break them, and you're invisible. Follow them, and you become magnetic.

I learned this the hard way. Years of freezing up. Getting friend-zoned. Watching other guys walk away with the girl I wanted. Then I discovered a set of 22 simple rules that rewired my entire approach.

Read more...

BaronOfHair

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 14, 2024
Messages
5,456
Reaction score
2,940
Age
37
This varies from era to era. During The 1970s, I'm told one could identify such a man by noting the leisure suit he'd thrown on + The fact that he was a few decades past twenty

Today, beware any guy who graduated HS in The early 2000s, who's rediscovered his affinity for New Found Glory, Good Charlotte, and regular visits to Hot Topic
 

Travel memoir21

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 20, 2020
Messages
1,992
Reaction score
1,132
Age
40
Location
Rio Grande Valley, Texas
Today, beware any guy who graduated HS in The early 2000s, who's rediscovered his affinity for New Found Glory, Good Charlotte, and regular visits to Hot Topic
Lol...sounds like me minus the tattoos, accessories and spiked up hair....I still listen to plenty of early 2000s and late 90s pop music...as a matter a fact I was listening to Britney Spears oops I did it again while taking a dump the other day lol haha.

But seriously, the EMO style is still in style decades after it has gone out in my opinion.
 

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 10, 2020
Messages
3,128
Reaction score
3,625
Location
US
I've always thought mid life crisis is projection from the perspective of others.

I don't think you can easily infer someone's internal state based on superficial external behaviors like that.
 

“The 22 Rules That Flip the Script With Women… And How You Can Use Them Tonight”

Most guys accidentally kill attraction before they even speak. They assume they need a bigger bank account, a better physique, or smoother lines. They miss the point.

Female desire operates on a specific set of psychological triggers.  Break them, and you're invisible. Follow them, and you become magnetic.

I learned this the hard way. Years of freezing up. Getting friend-zoned. Watching other guys walk away with the girl I wanted. Then I discovered a set of 22 simple rules that rewired my entire approach.

Read more...

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 22, 2007
Messages
8,390
Reaction score
5,132
Location
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
I've always thought mid life crisis is projection from the perspective of others.

I don't think you can easily infer someone's internal state based on superficial external behaviors like that.
Yes.

There’s a big difference between “I genuinely enjoy XYZ” and “I’m doing XYZ because I’m insecure about my age.”
 

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 10, 2020
Messages
3,128
Reaction score
3,625
Location
US
Yes.

There’s a big difference between “I genuinely enjoy XYZ” and “I’m doing XYZ because I’m insecure about my age.”
For the past 70 or so years, "acting your age" in your 40s and 50s means means developing male breasts, going bald, becoming diabetic, and being poison dripped by an ugly/fat wife. If you're fit, stylish, have your hair, maybe drive a nice car, and you insist on still running through women half your age, it's somehow seen as a sign of immaturity or insecurity, which is just absurd. All the shame is just coping from men who have let themselves and all their dreams go and have somehow convinced themselves that having man boobs is normal.
 
Last edited:

BaronOfHair

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 14, 2024
Messages
5,456
Reaction score
2,940
Age
37
Lol...sounds like me minus the tattoos, accessories and spiked up hair....I still listen to plenty of early 2000s and late 90s pop music...
You're certifiably "there" then, no less so than a 60something gal who began using her preferred pronouns, the day after Trump was elected in '16
 

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 2, 2022
Messages
5,291
Reaction score
6,146
Sometimes a midlife crisis is appropriate, as oftentimes a man will be in a crisis in the midst of his life.

Ofcourse you mean stuff that's already been mentioned. But the positive side of a midlife crisis might be a man suddenly realising he gotta lose weight, stopping xyz while actually doing what should be done.

Could be small shyte like dressing better.
Could be whatever positive thing .
 

“The 22 Psychological Triggers That Make Women Chase You… Starting Tonight”

Forget the cash, the cars, and the chiseled jawlines. Female desire operates on a completely different frequency. Primal. Subconscious. Triggers that bypass her logic and hit her on a gut level. Most guys are totally blind to them.

I know because I was one of them. The overthinking. The paralysis. The silent drive home kicking yourself for freezing up. Watching average guys walk away with the girl while you stood there stuck in your own head.

Then I decoded the psychology behind what actually makes women tick. 22 hard rules.  Subtle behavioral shifts that rewired my entire reality. The anxiety evaporated. Women started leaning in. Investing. Chasing.

Read more...

plumber

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 1, 2022
Messages
996
Reaction score
834
guy is working hard to be happy. but does not know how. no mentor, no luck, just hard work. at some point he understand he is improving but not happy. instead of figuring out the truth he starts randomly making adjustments. usually his resources are much more than when he is younger.

good or bad, who knows... its just another season of life. some of the mid life crisis events are the most interesting of life. its a time when your constraints have changed but the problems are the same.
 

BadBoy89

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 18, 2020
Messages
2,388
Reaction score
2,688
Being on Sosuave for several years despite knowing what to do to attract women.

He'd rather give advice because its much more fun to tell people what to do than to improve and be vulnerable.
 

SpartanWarrior77

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Sep 7, 2016
Messages
482
Reaction score
375
Location
Europe
Dying ur hair (looks weird on most men)
 

Plinco

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 29, 2008
Messages
3,028
Reaction score
1,890
Age
42
Location
Florida
Guys that suddenly want to go out to the clubs again in their early 40s.
That might be true in some cases but I think the problem with your assertion is that you're using conformity as a standard instead of an individual's relationship with reality.
 

“The 22 Rules That Flip the Script With Women… And How You Can Use Them Tonight”

Most guys accidentally kill attraction before they even speak. They assume they need a bigger bank account, a better physique, or smoother lines. They miss the point.

Female desire operates on a specific set of psychological triggers.  Break them, and you're invisible. Follow them, and you become magnetic.

I learned this the hard way. Years of freezing up. Getting friend-zoned. Watching other guys walk away with the girl I wanted. Then I discovered a set of 22 simple rules that rewired my entire approach.

Read more...

BackInTheGame78

Moderator
Joined
Sep 10, 2014
Messages
16,856
Reaction score
19,083
That might be true in some cases but I think the problem with your assertion is that you're using conformity as a standard instead of an individual's relationship with reality.
No my man, this is called the Mid-Life Crisis.

Some guys get divorced, some guys start working out or playing sports again, some guys buy a new car or boat, some guys start going back to the clubs. Same thing just different responses to it.
 

Plinco

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 29, 2008
Messages
3,028
Reaction score
1,890
Age
42
Location
Florida
No my man, this is called the Mid-Life Crisis.

Some guys get divorced, some guys start working out or playing sports again, some guys buy a new car or boat, some guys start going back to the clubs. Same thing just different responses to it.
So is that your opinion or are you confident enough to state this as a fact?

I'd hate to hijack op's thread. If need be I'll make a separate thread
 
Top