Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Miller Lite: We're Sorry For Using Women in Bikinis in Past Ads

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Miller Lite says using women in bikinis and lingerie was wrong. Miller Lite says their past advertising was shiit.

Way to insult your customers! Pathetic!

Guess who created this ad campaign? 2 women. Sofia Colucci (whose personal social media was filled with progressive talking points -- she has now deleted it all) and Elizabeth Hitch. Hitch has also deleted all of her social media.

Billtx49

Reaction score
Any advertising not focused on product quality, taste, availability, and other important product factors is the low level variety that a sixth grader can think up.
It insults a thinking man’s intelligence to push the idea that sex is somehow connected to the brand of beer he drinks, and it preys on desperate men…

Peaks&Valleys

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Miller Lite did use women in lingerie to hype up its "Great Taste!" and "Less Filling!" attributes.
Ahhh... the golden age.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ahhh... the golden age.
That one was probably their most blatant use of female sexuality to sell beer, but there were plenty of others.

One of the first rules of marketing is that sex sells.

I don't know why female marketing managers feel the need to mess with an existing formula that makes brands money.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
One of the first rules of marketing is that sex sells.
There is nothing wrong with using females wearing provocative attire such as bikinis or bras/panties to sell beer.

The beer consumer skews more male than female. When women drink, they tend to drink more wine and spirits.

The audience for beer brands has typically been more male and men want to have sex with women.

It makes sense to connect beer with sex through the use of women in provocative attire for a male audience.

Any beer brand can choose a different approach than women in skimpy clothing. It's ridiculous for a brand that was partially built on ads emphasizing sex and scantily clad women to make an ad now to say that was wrong. Making an ad to say it was wrong to connect beer with sex is insulting to the male customer base.

HaleyBaron

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So these beer companies are doubling down, eh? Clown world.

threeforfree

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Any advertising not focused on product quality, taste, availability, and other important product factors is the low level variety that a sixth grader can think up.
It insults a thinking man’s intelligence to push the idea that sex is somehow connected to the brand of beer he drinks, and it preys on desperate men…
The reason they do it is because IT WORKS. Advertising isn't aimed at thinking people. It is meant to appeal to the basest emotions.

I think what is going on is that there is a push to go "woke" amongst these big corporations... rather than let Budweiser fall, the strategy will be for all the competitors to also join the insanity so that there really isn't any choice anymore. If you buy a product from a large corporation, you're going to be supporting the woke agenda.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Miller Lite released this ad in March during Women's History Month. International Women's Day also happens in March, as that day is March 8.

Do any of you use LinkedIn? My LinkedIn Newsfeed on March 8 has plenty of women with She/Her pronouns making pro-feminist posts on International Women's Day.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
There is nothing wrong with using females wearing provocative attire such as bikinis or bras/panties to sell beer.

The beer consumer skews more male than female. When women drink, they tend to drink more wine and spirits.

The audience for beer brands has typically been more male and men want to have sex with women.

It makes sense to connect beer with sex through the use of women in provocative attire for a male audience.

Any beer brand can choose a different approach than women in skimpy clothing. It's ridiculous for a brand that was partially built on ads emphasizing sex and scantily clad women to make an ad now to say that was wrong. Making an ad to say it was wrong to connect beer with sex is insulting to the male customer base.
And it also was meant to appeal to women in the party/nightlife scene. Women like that are comfortable wearing skimpy clothes or being around other women in skimpy clothes.

threeforfree

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Do any of you use LinkedIn? My LinkedIn Newsfeed on March 8 has plenty of women with She/Her pronouns making pro-feminist posts on International Women's Day.
I used to. I hibernated it as I'm not looking for work, and I took a day to remove my real name from Google search results. Too many people out there that have nothing to lose that would love to get a person fired because they don't have the "proper" viewpoint on any number of issues.

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The reason they do it is because IT WORKS. Advertising isn't aimed at thinking people. It is meant to appeal to the basest emotions.

I think what is going on is that there is a push to go "woke" amongst these big corporations... rather than let Budweiser fall, the strategy will be for all the competitors to also join the insanity so that there really isn't any choice anymore. If you buy a product from a large corporation, you're going to be supporting the woke agenda.
It doesn't work. Alienating your existing base demographic is a recipe for eroding money and support. Star Wars destroyed their brand doing this.

threeforfree

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It doesn't work. Alienating your existing base demographic is a recipe for eroding money and support. Star Wars destroyed their brand doing this.
Using bikini clad women absolutely does work when it comes to advertising. Of course, using gender-benders in your ads will NOT work for blue-collar beer drinkers.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
And it also was meant to appeal to women in the party/nightlife scene. Women like that are comfortable wearing skimpy clothes or being around other women in skimpy clothes.
Women who are in the party/nightlife scene are more likely to be possible consumers for beer, even Miller Lite. In certain types of bars, it would be unusual for a woman to drink wine, as those bars are more likely to be serving beer and liquor. Women would more likely be drinking some sort of liquor based mixed drinks.

Public pools, pool parties at bars/hotels, and beaches have plenty of women wearing bikinis. Nightlife venues have women wearing provocative attire too.

It makes me wonder how often these female marketing executives get out into the real world.

Elizabeth Hitch is the Senior Director of Marketing at Miller Lite. She has a background similar to Alissa Heinerscheid of Bud Light. Hitch got an MBA from an elitist private university, as Hitch graduated from Northwestern University's Kellogg School of Management. Hitch's undergrad degree is from Marquette University, another private college.

Sofia Colucci is the Chief Marketing Officer of Molson Coors. The Miller Brewing Company is a division of Molson Coors. Colucci has an undergrad degree from a university in Toronto. Toronto is a feminist hotbed.

It appears that both Hitch and Colucci were born around 1982, making both early Millennials. Alissa Heinerscheid of Bud Light was born in 1984, also placing her as an early Millennial.

Both Colucci and Hitch have deleted their social media accounts in reaction to the backlash.

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Using bikini clad women absolutely does work when it comes to advertising. Of course, using gender-benders in your ads will NOT work for blue-collar beer drinkers.
It's not about what person they're putting into their advertising. It's fine to use different marketing campaigns to appeal to different demographics

The problem is that these new campaigns are directly insulting their main demographic as a means appeal to the new target demographic.
Bud Light called their customers "Fratty" and "Out of touch".
Star Wars called their customers sexist and misogynist after they rightly pointed out that the protagonist was a Mary Sue and the new content was of low quality.
Gillette called standard male behavior "problematic"

This is a direct reflection of the combative, marxist "us vs them" mentality that permeates all the "critical theory" crowd of feminists and race baiters.

HaleyBaron

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The marketing demographic has nothing to do with women, cause women who drink tend to be around men who drink. So it's a bad move if it's suppose to be going for a new crowd. No, this move is far more motivated by an ethical directive from the top. Most likely to do with that egregious ESG crap that keeps popping up. And the women over it being yet another pusher of these messages cause they make the best religious servants.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Are the "Miller Lite Girls" still a thing? I went to law school with one. She ended up going into the beer business instead of practicing law. We also had a Miller Lite guy. He was of course tall and handsome. I was deeply offended at this objectification of men. The funny part was that despite being good looking, he managed to still be awful with women. I would see girls talking to him with great interest one day and then literally running away from him a few days later.

threeforfree

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Are the "Miller Lite Girls" still a thing? I went to law school with one. She ended up going into the beer business instead of practicing law. We also had a Miller Lite guy. He was of course tall and handsome. I was deeply offended at this objectification of men. The funny part was that despite being good looking, he managed to still be awful with women. I would see girls talking to him with great interest one day and then literally running away from him a few days later.
As of a couple of months ago we did have some local bars with "Miller Lite girls" as a promotion, they'd come and do giveaways etc.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As of a couple of months ago we did have some local bars with "Miller Lite girls" as a promotion, they'd come and do giveaways etc.
My prediction is that Miller will either start to include trans people or have to cancel the Miller girls altogether. The whole point is that when a group of attractive women show up at a bar, men will follow and buy beer. But I don't know that guys are going to do the same if there are trannies in the group.