Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Miller Lite: We're Sorry For Using Women in Bikinis in Past Ads

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I still can't figure out why more men are not pissed off at Miller Lite for insulting them. Women in bikinis are a good thing. Miller Lite has gotten a free pass for doing the same thing Bud Light did.
If I were the manager of a small brand with national reach like Pabst, I'd actually start cranking up the bikini ads - heck make fun of the way all the feminists get mad at it, like this - the men boycotting Bud LGBTQIA+Light would easily swap out one mediocre American adjunct lager for another.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not going back to Miller Lite ever. It was my go-to beer in college. I thought I was better than everyone else on campus because it was all Natural Light and Bud Light back then. LOLOL gay. Lately I rediscovered an old favorite, gin. That and some CBD to relax me.
What, The Beast (Meister Brau) is no longer popular with broke college lads?

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If I were the manager of a small brand with national reach like Pabst, I'd actually start cranking up the bikini ads - heck make fun of the way all the feminists get mad at it, like this - the men boycotting Bud LGBTQIA+Light would easily swap out one mediocre American adjunct lager for another.

That's a solid marketing idea!

Nothing riles up men more than having a tranny slobbering all over the beer brand they've been drinking. Miller has been quite tame by comparison.
Miller Lite only used some un-funny feminist comedian to insult men for liking women in bikinis and lingerie.

The Miller Lite marketers of the 1980s-2000s who used women in bikinis to gain market share were good marketers. Elizabeth Hitch and Sofia Colucci are shiit marketers.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is a brand that just about any Gen-X man knows about, in a "rite of passage", "badge of courage" sort of way, LOL.

BMX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is a brand that just about any collegiate Gen-X man knows about, often as a badge of courage of being able to drink it, LOL.
Ahh. I must've just missed the timeframe. I did my initial run through college 2006-2010. Natural Light was heaviest on scene, then Bud Light. I could never tolerate the taste of Bud Light from the get go. It was just ass and still is ass. I got flamed on here by some midwestern middle-aged perv long ago for calling out Bud Light and saying it tasted like ass. Hopefully he's chugging the stuff at double speed now.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I still refuse to buy any beer from Miller or Coors for this insult to men. They never apologized for insulting their male customer base.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There is nothing wrong with using females wearing provocative attire such as bikinis or bras/panties to sell beer.

The beer consumer skews more male than female. When women drink, they tend to drink more wine and spirits.

The audience for beer brands has typically been more male and men want to have sex with women.

It makes sense to connect beer with sex through the use of women in provocative attire for a male audience.

Any beer brand can choose a different approach than women in skimpy clothing. It's ridiculous for a brand that was partially built on ads emphasizing sex and scantily clad women to make an ad now to say that was wrong. Making an ad to say it was wrong to connect beer with sex is insulting to the male customer base.
When the product is at the level of refinement of low-quality commodity, then aside from just being the cheapest (which profit-wise is unstable), there needs to be some type of meme associated with the product that motivates consumers to buy it. Patriotism, either on a national level or local level (i.e., support the local brand), is one way; being associated with a memorably funny meme (e.g., "less filling, tastes great") is another; and of course, good old T & A is always one that can be counted on, whether it's effect is unconscious or conscious (i.e., I'm going to buy this beer because it shows good T & A).

Contrast this with micro-brew, which because it is good beer and will have a consumer base precisely because it is good, doesn't need all that stupid stuff - all it needs is to be good and put all the money into making the beer consistently good. My global favorite, Hoegaarden, has a product meme that is the exact opposite of T & A - i.e., Belgian monks!

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When the product is at the level of refinement of low-quality commodity, then aside from just being the cheapest (which profit-wise is unstable), there needs to be some type of meme associated with the product that motivates consumers to buy it.
Agree

Patriotism, either on a national level or local level (i.e., support the local brand), is one way;
When the Busch family ran Anheuser-Busch, that was a big part of their approach. Anheuser-Busch was supposed to be a compelling American story. German immigrants come to America and brew Budweiser beer, eventually extending it into Bud Light. They did also take the humor approach with both Budweiser and Bud Light.

Coors and Coors Light did this with the whole emphasis on Rocky Mountain water and Rocky Mountain freshness.

being associated with a memorably funny meme (e.g., "less filling, tastes great") is another; and of course, good old T & A is always one that can be counted on, whether it's effect is unconscious or conscious (i.e., I'm going to buy this beer because it shows good T & A).
Before the Miller Brewing Company and Coors Brewing Company came together, they used to take this approach with what eventually became their primary brands (Miller Lite, Coors Light). T & A was a part of advertising for both Miller Lite and Coors Light. When the Miller Brewing Company advertised Miller Genuine Draft, they used T & A and classic rock in their 1990s ads regularly.

Contrast this with micro-brew, which because it is good beer and will have a consumer base precisely because it is good, doesn't need all that stupid stuff - all it needs is to be good and put all the money into making the beer consistently good. My global favorite, Hoegaarden, has a product meme that is the exact opposite of T & A - i.e., Belgian monks!
I am now drinking local microbrew type beers that do not need woke advertising.

I prefer liquor over beer.

obelisk

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I watched the pilot episode for Miami Vice a few weeks back. SO refreshing and real camera work, character development and plot lines. As Every 5 seconds I was thinking to myself "NO WAY they could make this kind of show today".

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Before the Miller Brewing Company and Coors Brewing Company came together, they used to take this approach with what eventually became their primary brands (Miller Lite, Coors Light). T & A was a part of advertising for both Miller Lite and Coors Light. When the Miller Brewing Company advertised Miller Genuine Draft, they used T & A and classic rock in their 1990s ads regularly.
When your beer tastes like Arse, you need Tits to sell it.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I watched the pilot episode for Miami Vice a few weeks back. SO refreshing and real camera work, character development and plot lines. As Every 5 seconds I was thinking to myself "NO WAY they could make this kind of show today".
How is the pilot episode of "Miami Vice" related to Miller Lite? I have seen the pilot episode of "Miami Vice" and it is awesome. I will post the most iconic scene from that episode below because it is such a good scene, even though not related to Miller Lite.

Fortune_favors_the_bold

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Advertisements SHOULD create positive emotions and desire in their target audience first of all.

Then once they have them hooked, indirecly promote the quality, the use and the cost/benefit ratio.

The only thing more stupid than plain cold ads that lists feature as a check list, are ads where you piss off or create negative emotions on viewers.

In such case you either fail to sell or worse yet you push them to boicott it on purpose.

Regarding women making stupid ads, it's because they do what they love rather than what it needs...they are feeling oriented rather than goal oriented.

Men dont want to get lectured in any case.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Regarding women making stupid ads, it's because they do what they love rather than what it needs...they are feeling oriented rather than goal oriented.

Men dont want to get lectured in any case.
Feminist brand marketers Sofia Colucci and Elizabeth Hitch are responsible for this atrocity.

Both should have been FIRED for doing this.

Men are the target market for Miller Lite. Miller Lite cannot survive on the female beer drinker alone.

Any man who drinks Miller Lite now is not a man. He's a mangina and a cuckold. Miller Lite went out of their way to insult men with this ad on International Women's Day.

Miller Lite could have quietly taken a different advertising approach and not used women in bikinis in ads in the present and future. They didn't need to draw attention to this.

Advertisements SHOULD create positive emotions and desire in their target audience first of all.

Then once they have them hooked, indirecly promote the quality, the use and the cost/benefit ratio.

The only thing more stupid than plain cold ads that lists feature as a check list, are ads where you piss off or create negative emotions on viewers.
Miller Lite ads from the 1970s-2000s that featured women in bikinis often did create positive emotions and desire. They were good ads.

Fortune_favors_the_bold

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Feminist brand marketers Sofia Colucci and Elizabeth Hitch are responsible for this atrocity.

Both should have been FIRED for doing this.

Men are the target market for Miller Lite. Miller Lite cannot survive on the female beer drinker alone.

Any man who drinks Miller Lite now is not a man. He's a mangina and a cuckold. Miller Lite went out of their way to insult men with this ad on International Women's Day.

Miller Lite could have quietly taken a different advertising approach and not used women in bikinis in ads in the present and future. They didn't need to draw attention to this.

Miller Lite ads from the 1970s-2000s that featured women in bikinis often did create positive emotions and desire. They were good ads.
This is a very well made AD, it sexualize women in a positive way and drives both them and their man to buy that lingerie.

AureliusMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Miller Lite says using women in bikinis and lingerie was wrong. Miller Lite says their past advertising was shiit.

Way to insult your customers! Pathetic!

Guess who created this ad campaign? 2 women. Sofia Colucci (whose personal social media was filled with progressive talking points -- she has now deleted it all) and Elizabeth Hitch. Hitch has also deleted all of her social media.
Wow why do they never learn, but make the same dumb shyte over and over again...:rolleyes:?