Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Observations on Phoenix's Scene

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I felt the eyeballs on me and all the local energy when I was in Yuma. Not anything to make me uncomfortable either. And I'm from the East Coast. I was happy AF surrounded by Latinas.
Generally any place both hot and boring will be good for women.

Even better than Yuma is the Mexicali/El Centro area. Surprising number of hotties there. Mexicali in particular is massively slept on for women.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There's a relative lack of colorful personalities here relative to what you would see in California, the deep south, or the East Coast. If you stand out through personality and charisma and have game, it can work in your favor. and you don't have to rely on status so much.
It seems like a lot of guys in the Phoenix area are chasing status. Status + looks from lifting in the gym + tanning seems like a lot of the game for guys in Phoenix metro.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It seems like a lot of guys in the Phoenix area are chasing status. Status + looks from lifting in the gym + tanning seems like a lot of the game for guys in Phoenix metro.
And the phucking lifted trucks. Twice are many trucks per capita vs. California.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My friend just came back from Phoenix/Scottsdale and she hated second of it lol.
A lot of women don't like it here when they're here for the first time :rofl: A little tougher sledding for them in a lot of cases.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My friend just came back from Phoenix/Scottsdale and she hated second of it lol.
Why did she dislike it?

A lot of women don't like it here when they're here for the first time :rofl: A little tougher sledding for them in a lot of cases.
Tougher, but still favorable. My view of the area is biased by having spent too much time in the Old Town Scottsdale bars, which are a tough mating environment for men but favorable for women. In other venues besides Old Town bars, it's not as difficult. Old Town is Game on Hard Mode.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why did she dislike it?

Tougher, but still favorable. My view of the area is biased by having spent too much time in the Old Town Scottsdale bars, which are a tough mating environment for men but favorable for women. In other venues besides Old Town bars, it's not as difficult. Old Town is Game on Hard Mode.
Tougher dating market from where they come from. It's only favorable from a male perspective.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just wanted to say it feels like spring around here. Obviously, it is spring, but it's been 90 degrees for over a week. More people out and about, more smiles on the streets, people getting excited about pool season, etc. It's different here lol.

Young OG

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just wanted to say it feels like spring around here. Obviously, it is spring, but it's been 90 degrees for over a week. More people out and about, more smiles on the streets, people getting excited about pool season, etc. It's different here lol.
Hey bro, PM me if you want to hit some bars and game. I’m near Scottsdale

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tougher dating market from where they come from. It's only favorable from a male perspective.
I never found Phoenix to be a favorable dating market when I was there. I was operating on Hard Mode in the Old Town Scottsdale bars. However, Phoenix has more single men than single women in the 20s/30s age range.

Young OG

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I never found Phoenix to be a favorable dating market when I was there. I was operating on Hard Mode in the Old Town Scottsdale bars. However, Phoenix has more single men than single women in the 20s/30s age range.
I’ve always done better online here in AZ compared to night game. AZ Latinas online seem to like this white boy lol. I can make a profile and have multiple dates lined up. White women seem to be a lot harder to pull but I could care less

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I’ve always done better online here in AZ compared to night game. White women seem to be a lot harder to pull but I could care less
In my days living in Phoenix, I was a 20 something, mostly night game guy in Old Town Scottsdale. Since I was in Old Town Scottsdale, that meant that I was mostly dealing with pretentious White women. That's a more frustrating experience. Even when a man has success in that sort of environment, he deals with a lot of nonsense behavior from women to get that success.

After leaving Phoenix, I learned how to do daygame and became a mostly daygame person.

Online game is difficult and has always been difficult. It was difficult in the dating websites era of the 2000s and hard today too.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah at clubs and bars.
East Valley? Neither Scottsdale nor Tempe (Mill Ave/Arizona State area) were known as big nightlife spots for Latinas 10-15 years ago. Looking for Latinas in bars and clubs would likely be different places than those.

I don’t do much day game. I usually have my kid with me when I go places during the day
Having a kid around can work wonders in daygame.

This is a fictional representation of an uncle with his nephew in a grocery store...

Kids and dogs can help start conversations. I've never taken a nephew, niece, or child's friend out on my daygame sessions. Many years ago, I asked one of my friend's to borrow his dog for a daygame session on a walking path and he told me no.

Young OG

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
East Valley? Neither Scottsdale nor Tempe (Mill Ave/Arizona State area) were known as big nightlife spots for Latinas 10-15 years ago. Looking for Latinas in bars and clubs would likely be different places than those.

Having a kid around can work wonders in daygame.

This is a fictional representation of an uncle with his nephew in a grocery store...

Kids and dogs can help start conversations. I've never taken a nephew, niece, or child's friend out on my daygame sessions. Many years ago, I asked one of my friend's to borrow his dog for a daygame session on a walking path and he told me no.
I’m in the East Valley. Old Town isn’t good for Latinas but Mill Ave has plenty. If I want to drive farther then I could hit bars at Westgate. Westgate is a Latina over load. I prefer Asian women but I rarely see them in bars/clubs and if I do, it’s a huge mixed set. My current gf grew up in the Philippines.

My kid is 14 now so I don’t think that will help with daygame. I don’t have a dog so that’s out lol.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My kid is 14 now so I don’t think that will help with daygame. I don’t have a dog so that’s out lol.
Smaller children would work better for daygame.

I’m in the East Valley. Old Town isn’t good for Latinas but Mill Ave has plenty. If I want to drive farther then I could hit bars at Westgate. Westgate is a Latina over load. I prefer Asian women but I rarely see them in bars/clubs and if I do, it’s a huge mixed set. My current gf grew up in the Philippines.
Filipinas are good.

As mentioned previously, I spent more time in the Old Town Scottsdale bars than the Mill Avenue bars back in the day. It's good to know that my impression of Old Town bars isn't yet dated. I have been back a few times since moving away. Good to know Mill would be good for Latinas. There would be spots in Mesa that would be good for Latinas too since you are in the East Valley and West Valley spots like Westgate would be a little bit far to go to meet some women. Westgate isn't worth the drive for that even if traffic isn't too bad.

Some of the bars have changed since I was around Old Town but a few names in Old Town have remained for decades.

Young OG

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Smaller children would work better for daygame.

Filipinas are good.

As mentioned previously, I spent more time in the Old Town Scottsdale bars than the Mill Avenue bars back in the day. It's good to know that my impression of Old Town bars isn't yet dated. I have been back a few times since moving away. Good to know Mill would be good for Latinas. There would be spots in Mesa that would be good for Latinas too since you are in the East Valley and West Valley spots like Westgate would be a little bit far to go to meet some women. Westgate isn't worth the drive for that even if traffic isn't too bad.

Some of the bars have changed since I was around Old Town but a few names in Old Town have remained for decades.
For Old Town I only go to Boondocks and Wasted Grain now. I used to go to the roof of The W but I haven’t since Covid. All the other places are practically impossible to game in because of the noise.

For Mill my favorite would be Fat Tue. Lots of Latinas go there and I like the back patio for game. I used to go there so much back in 2017 that I was allowed to enter through the exit because I knew the door people. Otherwise the other good places are Varsity and Sun Bar. Just like OT, the rest of the places are impossible to game inside.

I stay away from Westgate cause it’s too far. Bars in Mesa are too split apart. I like to hop from venue to venue without getting in a car.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For Old Town I only go to Boondocks and Wasted Grain now. I used to go to the roof of The W but I haven’t since Covid. All the other places are practically impossible to game in because of the noise.
Most of the places I used to go when I lived in the area have closed and re-opened as other nightlife venues.

I have been to Maya Dayclub after I moved away but on a trip back to the area. Maya reminded of when I used to live there and the pretentious crowds. Very good talent there on the one day when I was there.

I went to the predecessor bar that was in the location where Wasted Grain is now.

You have a good point about noise levels. I found that to be the case when I was out in Old Town.

Pattie's First Avenue Lounge (been around for decades) was a place I wanted to live because it was more of a dive and has a less pretentious reputation. I didn't remember many attractive 20 something women being there when I went.

For Mill my favorite would be Fat Tue. Lots of Latinas go there and I like the back patio for game. I used to go there so much back in 2017 that I was allowed to enter through the exit because I knew the door people. Otherwise the other good places are Varsity and Sun Bar. Just like OT, the rest of the places are impossible to game inside.
Fat Tuesday has been on Mill Avenue for decades. There's a reason for that. I can see why you would like that.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Where do you want to live in Phoenix if you want to maximize your chances of getting laid and getting into relationships?

Where you choose to live in Metro Phoenix and where you choose to start interactions with women (either non-bar venues or bars) should be close to each other. Phoenix traffic is pretty bad. You don't want to live in Mesa and be dating a woman in Glendale. You don't want to live in Peoria and date someone in Chandler. It would be improbable to have those interactions start in the real world but they could happen. Additionally, these interactions can happen with swipe apps without setting the geolocation filter to a narrow range. I would recommend setting the geolocation filter to no more than 10-15 miles no matter where you live in Metro Phoenix. The traffic is too difficult otherwise. Public transportation isn't that great in Phoenix, though it has improved with light rail in some central-ish neighborhoods since the late 2000s. There are a lot of sketchy people on Phoenix's light rail, similar to the sketchy people on NYC's subways. More people commute by car in Phoenix.

If you're in your early 20s-early 40s, childless and want to date other childless people, you want to live as close as possible to Old Town Scottsdale, Tempe's Mill Avenue, or Downtown/Uptown Phoenix. Scottsdale's city limits extend far north. If you want to be closer to Old Town Scottsdale and make Old Town your main scene, I do not recommend living any further north of Shea Boulevard. If you'll be choosing Phoenix as your main area, it is best to live south of the Phoenix Mountain Preserve and north of Downtown. Phoenix areas south of Downtown are a bit sketchy, but might work you're into Latinas.

North Phoenix (north of the Phoenix Mountain Preserve within Phoenix city limits) is a difficult place to date, especially if you're 35 and under. North Phoenix doesn't have a lot of nightlife and the closest nightlife areas are Old Town Scottsdale and a few central-ish Phoenix pockets. Your logistics in North Phoenix won't work well for one night stands at Old Town or Central Phoenix type bars. Daygame and social circle game might work better in North Phoenix.

North Scottsdale (areas north of Shea Boulevard) is similar to North Phoenix, except North Scottsdale has a few more bars and a more active nightlife scene. The women in North Scottsdale nightlife venues are 35+ typically. There are some divorcees and single moms. I wouldn't recommend North Scottsdale for men under 40, even though there are some solid apartment complexes, townhomes, and condos in the area. You're well positioned for the 35+ set in North Scottsdale so this might be a viable option for a 45-60 year old man, with or without children.

Far East Valley: These are the suburbs east of Phoenix and east of Scottsdale and Tempe. This includes Mesa, Chandler, Gilbert, Queen Creek, and Apache Junction. Living out in these suburbs is difficult on your dating life. There is some nightlife in the Far East Valley. However, you're not well positioned to date people outside of this area. Lots of families in Chandler and Gilbert. Mesa is more Hispanic so a man seeking Latinas might find Mesa acceptable.

West Valley: These are west of Phoenix suburbs. This is also a hard home base for dating. There are some middle class + divorced single moms in places like Peoria and Glendale. The more southern part of West Valley is more Hispanic/Latina. Areas like Avondale, the southern half of Glendale, and Goodyear. Childless men in the West Valley trying to date childless White Phoenix/Scottsdale/Tempe women are at a major disadvantage here.

If you're 55+ and want to date women 55+, Sun City and Sun City West are ideal for that. Areas near Surprise's Sun City Grand would also work for that. I don't think that applies to most men on this forum, but plenty of divorced/widowed 55+ guys are having sex with 55+ divorced/widowed women in the Sun City retirement areas.

Most men under 45 won't be out near these areas looking to get laid. The primary reason for a man under 45 to be out in the Sun Cities would be to visit his parents or an uncle/aunt that happened to be a retiree.

Last edited: