Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Losing weight should not be the goal. Reducing insulin resistance should be.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
I'm not sure enough people understand this.

Insulin resistance is the main problem many people have who are overweight. Weight gain is merely a side effect from this. This manifests itself in various things but one the easiest ways to know if you are insulin resistant is if you are carrying significant fat around your mid section. By definition, if this is true for you, you are insulin resistant to some degree. Perhaps not a full diabetic yet, but on your way to that if you don't make some changes to your lifestyle.

When you increase your insulin sensitivity weight just starts falling off even while everything else might stay the same. People attribute this to various things but the main reason is you are improving your insulin sensitivity by doing these things.

Having a lot of fat in and of itself or being obese creates a negative feedback loop within the body whereby it becomes more and more insulin resistant which leads to more fat being stored easier. It also increases estrogen, as fat cells themselves can create estrogen which creates a negative feedback loop lowering testosterone which then lowers insulin sensitivity even more.

So we know the problem. What's the solution?

Basically to do things that are going to improve insulin resistance.

Sleep 7-8 hours a day. Lack of sleep is literally the worst thing you can do to your body from a stress and insulin sensitivity standpoint.

Intermittent fasting(24+ hours 2 times a week if possible for maximum GH release benefits) or 16-8/20-4, etc.

Intense Resistance exercise(20-30 mins)

HIIT cardio(sprints, bike, elliptical, BW exercises, etc) for 5-15 mins.

Walking(walking has been shown to help force glucose into the muscles in the ABSENCE of insulin, aka, the lower body muscles themselves, moving repetitively in this fashion, can lower blood sugar). Walking is one of the most underrated things in terms of improving insulin resistance there is. 30 minutes a day can do wonders for you. If you have a hill or incline you can walk up repeatedly, even better. If you can add a weighted vest even better. If you can both add a weighted vest and walk up an incline you have the best of both worlds. Walking outdoors or hiking on trails is much better than tredmills as there are variations present that are not there in treadmills.

Cinnamon, Berberine, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Amla powder, ACV before bed(to lower livers ability to produce glucose overnight) prior to meals.

Walking directly after eating has been shown to reduce blood sugar, even if it's only for 2 minutes. 5+ minutes is better tho.

Getting a standup desk if you spend a lot of time seated. The greatest predictor of any cause mortality is the amount of time spent seated. This happens for many reasons but suffice to say it is terrible for the body. Effectively the body "forgets" how much you weigh if you spend long periods of time seated because bearing weight in your leg bones somehow signals your weight to your brain on a regular basis. If you spend lots of time seated your body thinks you weigh far less than you do and it causes a very very negative reaction in the body from everything to hormonal profiles to cholesterol to blood pressure to pretty much anything else.

Eat low GI foods. These are foods that do not cause a sharp spike in blood sugar. You can look up these type of foods and they are not always what you think. For instance grapes are very sweet but they are a low GI food. Raisins are not tho. Typically the more nutrient dense and water containing a food is, the lower the GI rating. Things to avoid are stuff like white potatoes, white bread, sugary foods and drinks, HFCS, processed foods, etc.

Your body didn't become insulin resistant overnight, it has likely been years or even decades in the making, but you have the ability to improve it and improve it far quicker than it went downhill.

Last edited:

TheManMasenko

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Do you recommend a person in the middle of body recomposition to start intermitting fasting?

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Do you recommend a person in the middle of body recomposition to start intermitting fasting?
No. IF is a band aid.

Eat low GI foods. These are foods that do not cause a sharp spike in blood sugar. You can look up these type of foods and they are not always what you think. For instance grapes are very sweet but they are a low GI food. Raisins are not tho. Typically the more nutrient dense and water containing a food is, the lower the GI rating. Things to avoid are stuff like white potatoes,
White potatoes are fine, perfectly healthy. What’s missing in this piece is it is not GI foods themselves that cause problems, it’s the overall meal composition. White potatoes for example are higher glycemic if eaten by themselves. However, they are a staple with high protein, high fat meat “steak and potatoes.” You aren’t going to get diabetes from potatoes.

To summarize this entire post to be concise- you get fat by being sedentary. Being sedentary harms the bodies ability to handle glucose. Diet is of course a contributor. Eat healthier meals and move more.

Cappo Yung

Don Juan
Reaction score
Very informative brother, thanks for taking the time to write this.

evan12

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not sure enough people understand this.

Insulin resistance is the main problem many people have who are overweight. Weight gain is merely a side effect from this. This manifests itself in various things but one the easiest ways to know if you are insulin resistant is if you are carrying significant fat around your mid section. By definition, if this is true for you, you are insulin resistant to some degree. Perhaps not a full diabetic yet, but on your way to that if you don't make some changes to your lifestyle.

When you increase your insulin sensitivity weight just starts falling off even while everything else might stay the same. People attribute this to various things but the main reason is you are improving your insulin sensitivity by doing these things.

Having a lot of fat in and of itself or being obese creates a negative feedback loop within the body whereby it becomes more and more insulin resistant which leads to more fat being stored easier. It also increases estrogen, as fat cells themselves can create estrogen which creates a negative feedback loop lowering testosterone which then lowers insulin sensitivity even more.

So we know the problem. What's the solution?

Basically to do things that are going to improve insulin resistance.

Sleep 7-8 hours a day. Lack of sleep is literally the worst thing you can do to your body from a stress and insulin sensitivity standpoint.

Intermittent fasting(24+ hours 2 times a week if possible for maximum GH release benefits) or 16-8/20-4, etc.

Intense Resistance exercise(20-30 mins)

HIIT cardio(sprints, bike, elliptical, BW exercises, etc) for 5-15 mins.

Walking(walking has been shown to help force glucose into the muscles in the ABSENCE of insulin, aka, the lower body muscles themselves, moving repetitively in this fashion, can lower blood sugar). Walking is one of the most underrated things in terms of improving insulin resistance there is. 30 minutes a day can do wonders for you. If you have a hill or incline you can walk up repeatedly, even better. If you can add a weighted vest even better. If you can both add a weighted vest and walk up an incline you have the best of both worlds. Walking outdoors or hiking on trails is much better than tredmills as there are variations present that are not there in treadmills.

Cinnamon, Berberine, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Amla powder, ACV before bed(to lower livers ability to produce glucose overnight) prior to meals.

Walking directly after eating has been shown to reduce blood sugar, even if it's only for 2 minutes. 5+ minutes is better tho.

Getting a standup desk if you spend a lot of time seated. The greatest predictor of any cause mortality is the amount of time spent seated. This happens for many reasons but suffice to say it is terrible for the body. Effectively the body "forgets" how much you weigh if you spend long periods of time seated because bearing weight in your leg bones somehow signals your weight to your brain on a regular basis. If you spend lots of time seated your body thinks you weigh far less than you do and it causes a very very negative reaction in the body from everything to hormonal profiles to cholesterol to blood pressure to pretty much anything else.

Eat low GI foods. These are foods that do not cause a sharp spike in blood sugar. You can look up these type of foods and they are not always what you think. For instance grapes are very sweet but they are a low GI food. Raisins are not tho. Typically the more nutrient dense and water containing a food is, the lower the GI rating. Things to avoid are stuff like white potatoes, white bread, sugary foods and drinks, HFCS, processed foods, etc.

Your body didn't become insulin resistant overnight, it has likely been years or even decades in the making, but you have the ability to improve it and improve it far quicker than it went downhill.
Is Insulin resistance = type 2 diabetes ? or they are not the same

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
IF and Keto for max insulin resistance, prob worth looking into if diabetic or pre diabetic. It’s not for everyone though.

Carbs spike insulin and blood sugar the most, it’s a fact.

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, you will lose fat and providing you bump up protein can easily but on muscle in a cut with muscle sparing IF growth hormones surging through your body. You must be lifting heavy/intensely too though.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That is overly simplistic. Not all carbs are equal, and it also depends on meal composition. For example, beans are a carbohydrate that are very low glycemic because they are high in fiber and protein. Beans do not “spike” blood sugar. Whole grains are similar.

I eat oatmeal with honey, peanut butter, and chia seeds for breakfast. I went to the doctor one morning and they tested my glucose just an hour after eating this meal. It was only 102. Fasted I run 85-90. The lack of blood sugar “spike” is due to fat and protein contribution of peanut butter and chia seeds.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
IF and Keto for max insulin resistance, prob worth looking into if diabetic or pre diabetic. It’s not for everyone though.

Depends, but in a very general term yes that's true. However people rarely eat only carbs at a meal. Or at least they shouldn't be.

I am not a keto fan for many reasons.

IF if done properly can do wonders for insulin resistance.

So can walking, exercise and things like Berberine, Cinnamon and ALA.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am not a keto fan for many reasons.
I gained weight on keto deserts over the past holidays. It was full of animal fat/butter just no sugar.

I'm hearing stuff like the carnivor diet, but think that sounds like a crazy youtube fad too. (ie just eat a good pound of stake or allot of meat and you should be okay). Don't trust that either. People can say any crazy thing on youtube.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
I gained weight on keto deserts over the past holidays. It was full of animal fat/butter just no sugar.

I'm hearing stuff like the carnivor diet, but think that sounds like a crazy youtube fad too. (ie just eat a good pound of stake or allot of meat and you should be okay). Don't trust that either. People can say any crazy thing on youtube.
Carb cycling with real foods is all you actually need to do. These "diets* are mostly nonsense.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

I'm hearing stuff like the carnivor diet, but think that sounds like a crazy youtube fad too. (ie just eat a good pound of stake or allot of meat and you should be okay).
Butter / vegetable oils are the most calorie dense foods on the planet. They should be the first thing cut if trying to lose weight. It does no good to cut all carbs then lather shvt up with butter.

Focus on whole foods, most of which should be plant-based. Raw fruits, vegetables, legumes, raw nuts, and whole grains. Eat as much of those as you’d like.

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cut all carbs and load up on butter, fats, protein.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Cut all carbs and load up on butter, fats, protein.
Wrong answer. Carbs are not only vital for your well being and health long term they fill your muscles with glycogen. People on Keto are pretty much lifting 70% of what they should be due to muscles being flat and having no volume. Strong muscles are volumized muscles. Weak muscles are flat muscles.

You are basically working out with a flat tire.

I have no idea why people insist on abandoning carbs so they can lose tons of strength and set themselves up for health issues the longer they are on it when carb cycling works as good if not better than Keto and has Zero drawbacks.

Carbs are not the enemy. Anyone suggesting otherwise is not living in reality and is only looking at things in a vacuum.

Last edited:

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Excess carbs are definitely a problem, especially from sugars and refined grain/wheat. Otherwise yes, carbs are needed for muscle recovery and they're also needed for Test production...they increase serotonin which might alleviate cortisol build up though i'm not certain how that all works.

I did keto for 8 months and while I did get quite lean I still lost no small amount of muscle mass. The issue I ran into was exactly as you described, and my workout performance suffered a lot.

It definitely annoys me how people cannot seem to find a place in between the two extremes. Personally I limit my carb intake a lot, usually about 50-100g per day at most, it's just enough to get the benefits without feeling lethargic and bloated from too much carb intake. Under 50g, especially <20g as keto demands, is ridiculous.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It definitely annoys me how people cannot seem to find a place in between the two extremes. Personally I limit my carb intake a lot, usually about 50-100g per day at most, it's just enough to get the benefits without feeling lethargic and bloated from too much carb intake. Under 50g, especially <20g as keto demands, is ridiculous.
The in-between isn’t there because of a widespread misunderstanding of the pathology that causes IR, weight gain, and T2D.

If you are training, carb intake should be at least 300 g (1,200 calories). Serious lifters should aim even higher 400+ g. The carbs should be of good quality- fruit, whole grains, and legumes. The bloating is usually insufficient water intake and body not used to the fiber. It corrects itself in just a couple weeks.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
The in-between isn’t there because of a widespread misunderstanding of the pathology that causes IR, weight gain, and T2D.

If you are training, carb intake should be at least 300 g (1,200 calories). Serious lifters should aim even higher 400+ g. The carbs should be of good quality- fruit, whole grains, and legumes. The bloating is usually insufficient water intake and body not used to the fiber. It corrects itself in just a couple weeks.
IR is an end result of your body being in an overall trash state, NOT the result of eating carbs. Yes, eating some types of carbs likely helped with this, but that doesn't mean suddenly ALL carbs are bad.

See this post by a doctor who advised his diabetic patients eat a HIGH carb diet.

I aim for 300-350 on my two high carb days, one of which is a cheat day where I typically will eat whatever and then fast the day after. Primes the pump for optimal fat loss by resetting leptin and revving the thyroid.

One day is medium carbs(175-225) and the others are low carbs(somewhere in the 100g range).

The refeeds days are hugely important for me and assist in helping to manipulate hormones for optimal fat loss. Basically setting up the body to burn fat rather than store it.

Last edited:

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How the hell do you guys eat that many carbs? If I eat too many I just crash the entire day. I always skip breakfast and for lunch I tend to just eat canned sardines or pickled herring then before a workout I eat a small meal like grape nuts or fruit as i'm going to the gym. Then I eat 1-2 big meals a couple hrs after the workout (in the evening) where I get the bulk of my carbs.

Also have to ask, what are your BF%s at? I prefer being more lean even if it means sacrificing more "gainz". Last summer I was probably at the peak of my physical fitness, i'm guessing BF% was around 12% but I was also relatively strong, and I was only eating maybe 100g of carbs per day.

Last edited: