Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Losing weight should not be the goal. Reducing insulin resistance should be.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
How the hell do you guys eat that many carbs? If I eat too many I just crash the entire day. I always skip breakfast and for lunch I tend to just eat canned sardines or pickled herring then before a workout I eat a small meal like grape nuts or fruit as i'm going to the gym. Then I eat 1-2 big meals a couple hrs after the workout (in the evening) where I get the bulk of my carbs.

Also have to ask, what are your BF%s at? I prefer being more lean even if it means sacrificing more "gainz". Last summer I was probably at the peak of my physical fitness, i'm guessing BF% was around 12% but I was also relatively strong, and I was only eating maybe 100g of carbs per day.
It's only 2 days of high carbs for me. I then immediately fast for between 32-40 hours directly after the following day. So for instance Sunday is a high carb day and then I fast started around 6pm Sunday night and the next time I eat is somewhere between 8-10am on Tuesday.

Basically I use the high carb day to reset Leptin levels and rev the thyroid to put my body in optimal fat loss mode, then fast for optimal fat loss.

Additionally, net carbs are what you should really be concerned with. Net carbs are carbs-fiber.

Also, as my weight drops, I continue to adjust that downward...high carb days are roughly 50% carbs for me. Medium around 30-35% and low 15-20%.

I'd suggest you are spiking glucose levels because that is when you will experience that crash. If you are eating lower glycemic foods and balancing higher glycemic carbs with protein you shouldn't get that.

Currently I am around 20% BF, but I am steamrolling towards being in shape for summer...down 25 lbs since beginning of January and hitting a groove now. Took me a little longer to tweak things than it normally does, things get more difficult as you get older that is for sure... normally I would have hit that 25lb mark by early to mid February.

Happy with the progress but irritated I allowed myself to get into an unacceptable state.

Last edited:

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How the hell do you guys eat that many carbs? If I eat too many I just crash the entire day. I always skip breakfast and for lunch I tend to just eat canned sardines or pickled herring then before a workout I eat a small meal like grape nuts or fruit as i'm going to the gym. Then I eat 1-2 big meals a couple hrs after the workout (in the evening) where I get the bulk of my carbs.
I get about 100g of carbs in breakfast alone. No crashes throughout the day. The key is carb quality and meal composition. I’ve lost 12 lbs in 4 months, and I’m not actively trying to lose weight. I eat as much as I can! My stats are age 33 height 5’7, weight 160 lb. Roughly 10-12% BF. I eat three full meals per day. I don’t actually track macros but I’d estimate I’m probably 15-20% fat, 20-30% protein, 50-65% carbs.

Your diet is probably hurting the training more than helping. Food is fuel. Carbohydrates are the preferred fuel.

SargeMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How does one gain weight? I eat constantly and never gain anything. Doctors tell me I’m fine and to eat more. I literally can’t eat any more unless I’m eating 24/7 so it’s frustrating

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
How does one gain weight? I eat constantly and never gain anything. Doctors tell me I’m fine and to eat more. I literally can’t eat any more unless I’m eating 24/7 so it’s frustrating
It means your body has great insulin sensitivity. I have the opposite problem. I gain weight easily.

Different body type. You are an ectomorph. I am an endomorph. The ideal type is the mesomorph where they gain weight easily but it's usually muscle weight

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Add calorie density. Sneak some extra oils into food and drink more calories. Ever heard of GOMAD? (Gallon of Milk a Day) It will turn you into a fat fvck real quick.

SargeMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It means your body has great insulin sensitivity. I have the opposite problem. I gain weight easily.

Different body type. You are an ectomorph. I am an endomorph. The ideal type is the mesomorph where they gain weight easily but it's usually muscle weight
Yes I would love to be meso

SargeMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Add calorie density. Sneak some extra oils into food and drink more calories. Ever heard of GOMAD? (Gallon of Milk a Day) It will turn you into a fat fvck real quick.
No it doesn’t. Tried that years ago. I also have dairy intolerances. Also, since I been working on this for years, I’ll let you know anything you can suggest that is a google search I have already tried

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
No it doesn’t. Tried that years ago. I also have dairy intolerances. Also, since I been working on this for years, I’ll let you know anything you can suggest that is a google search I have already tried
The old bodybuilder method was to drink pineapple juice with heavy whipping cream. Tried it before and it's actually damn good...but with a dairy intolerance that won't work.

SargeMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The old bodybuilder method was to drink pineapple juice with heavy whipping cream. Tried it before and it's actually damn good...but with a dairy intolerance that won't work.
I haven’t been able to get pineapple juice at my local store for over a year. I’ll have to check other locations. Isn’t that too risky tho? I don’t wanna get diabetes

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
I haven’t been able to get pineapple juice at my local store for over a year. I’ll have to check other locations. Isn’t that too risky tho? I don’t wanna get diabetes
Highly unlikely if you struggle to gain weight.

Here are some other weight gainer shake ideas, not sure if you have tried any of them or not.

IMO, it's far easier to drink a lot of calories than try to eat them.

SargeMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Highly unlikely if you struggle to gain weight.

Here are some other weight gainer shake ideas, not sure if you have tried any of them or not.

IMO, it's far easier to drink a lot of calories than try to eat them.

Thanks, that’s like the exact shake I had for years as well. Just got tired of making it and getting no results. I even added olive oil to it. Nada

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks, that’s like the exact shake I had for years as well. Just got tired of making it and getting no results. I even added olive oil to it. Nada
I seen a quote from a bodybuilder that looks about to go pro..... He stated, "bodybuilding is learning to be comfortable with being uncomfortable". He was talking about feeling like death during calorie restriction periods during prep phase leading up to standing on stage, and also talking about feeling bloated, and pregnant during off season (bulk). I'd bet if you ate one of those shakes every 3 hours with meals in between, you'd gain weight.

SargeMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You must not be doing enough. It’s a math problem and consistency. Calorie surplus you will gain. Pack it all in there.
I’ve theorized that the energy used to digest as much food as I consume negates the net positives

SargeMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I seen a quote from a bodybuilder that looks about to go pro..... He stated, "bodybuilding is learning to be comfortable with being uncomfortable". He was talking about feeling like death during calorie restriction periods during prep phase leading up to standing on stage, and also talking about feeling bloated, and pregnant during off season (bulk). I'd bet if you ate one of those shakes every 3 hours with meals in between, you'd gain weight.
Nope. Tried it. In fact, I was on weight gainer powder for a while. Nothing. I don’t think you guys realize that literally all I do when I’m home is eat

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nope. Tried it. In fact, I was on weight gainer powder for a while. Nothing. I don’t think you guys realize that literally all I do when I’m home is eat
How many calories were you consuming daily when you were trying your hardest?

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
It's possible your body may not absorb nutrients from food very well and much of it just passes thru undigested...

I would honestly love to have that problem because I love eating.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I’ve theorized that the energy used to digest as much food as I consume negates the net positives
Eat 3,500 calories per day. That’s about 1,200 per meal. Then drink a gallon (2,400 calories) of whole milk a day. If it’s a lactose problem buy one of the lactose free milk substitutes. That will give you 5,900 cals per day. Report back in 3 months. Good luck.

SargeMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How many calories were you consuming daily when you were trying your hardest?

Eat 3,500 calories per day. That’s about 1,200 per meal. Then drink a gallon (2,400 calories) of whole milk a day. If it’s a lactose problem buy one of the lactose free milk substitutes. That will give you 5,900 cals per day. Report back in 3 months. Good luck.
See above

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't know what to tell you unfortunately... I guess just accept being super skinny... If one can't gain weight on 6000 calories, then you must have the digestion problem backinthegame mentioned.

You could try adding Betaine HCL and digestive enzymes to see if they help.