Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Emotional eating weight gain

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've recently gotten into making and eating falafel burgers. The mix is pre-made, simply add water; let the mixture rest for 30, form into patties, then fry in just a little bit of olive oil.

On toasted bun with yogurt sauce or tzatziki, lettuce, tomato, really yummy and healthy.
Fried anything and healthy aren’t in the same sentence. Same with oil. Oil is not a health food. Olive oil contains some healthy compounds but it’s still mostly empty calories. Good for drizzling on salads if it gets one to eat more vegetables. Not much use past that.

For meatless burgers, there are a few good companies. One is Actual Veggies. Or you can make ‘em yourself. Just mash some vegetables and beans together in a patty and cook it!

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I shouldn't have said "fry," I meant sauté in maybe a tablespoon of olive oil or you could bake.

Extra virgin olive oil has many health benefits, sometimes I will take a teaspoon before bed even.
Olive oil should not be consumed at all by the OP, as he is trying to lose weight. He shouldn’t have any oil. Oil is still empty, high density, fat calories that are low in nutrition.

The “benefits” of olive oil are overhyped and overstated. Yes, extra Virgin olive oil is more heart healthy than animal fats and processed seed oils. The “benefit” seen is mostly via replacement (I.e. cooking with EVOO vs butter will probably improve blood lipids). There is no evidence of benefit to adding oil to anything.. other than trying to gain weight (easy empty calories).

jimwho

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Disagree with Brollin. My Uncle 95 eats old school. Wynn, the Grandma of an X is 101 and even spreads Karo-sugar-goop on everything. My mom is 85 and will kill you if you throw out any drippings. I think it's genetics. We need fats oils for fuel. I'm at 500-Cal a day of healthy fats. Feel great.

edit: I've been trying Lard with success also.. uh oh I'm going to get banned.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well don't want to argue about it but
gonna have to disagree @EyeBRollin.

Fats are necessary even when losing weight.

The key is eating healthy fats versus unhealthy fats.
Fat is still 9 calories per gram, vs 4 for carbs and protein. It is energy dense and oil is nutritionally low. It won’t help @corrector lose weight. We aren’t discussing essential fatty acids when mentioning oil; they are added fats. (Cooking oil is not the same as eating nuts, seeds, fish)

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Extra virgin olive oil isn't "cooking oil" but it's fine @EyeBRollin I'm not here to change your mind.

That said, here is what the linked article said about eating healthy fats for losing weight if anyone's interested.
“Healthy fat” is not the point. We were talking about oil. Healthy fats are found in nuts, seeds, and fish. Those are all better options than oil. Oil is made by literally stripping the fat out of the nut / seed then processing it. That removes most of the nutrients and fiber. There is nothing controversial about this point. OP should not be consuming oil if weight loss is the goal or the least amount of oil possible. Oil is empty calories.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eskimos can live without carbs, but no one lives very long without any fat in their diet. The healthier oil options are simply pressed out of a seed, nut, or other food product. And a lot of the antioxidants, flavenoids and healthy substances in food are fat soluble, so fat is required to absorb them.

But once again, most of what is for sale anywhere is garbage in health terms, whether it is fat or carbs.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It’s impossible to not eat any fat. Even spinach has fat in it.
Hey, it was the 90s and everyone else was doing it :). Truth was I was just too ignorant to realize corporate profits are greater when they use sugar and junk carbs to replace oil. The margins on sugar are very attractive, that's why it gets shoved down our throats whenever they can, and that is what is behind the fat free and low fat fads.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
On a side note, I'm about to read this article by Roosh right now. Warning - it might be a little religious if you're on The Heathen side of things.

https://www.rooshv.com/do-you-love-your-stomach
I've just read that article. It's more than just a little religious, but it does have some salient points. Unfortunately, it doesn't characterize the reason for my creeping weight gain (ie I don't eat all the time or eat too heavy for escapism), or the stubborness to see it removed, despite tweaking up my diet or increasing exercise (ie at least last week and prior). I think it's more likely a metabolic issue, maybe the thyroid, or something else, rather than a food issue.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
The level of delusion going on here is absurd. Calories in versus calories out if all else is the same when was the last time you had your testosterone levels checked? Chances are they’re just fine.

If you want to lose weight, eat oatmeal for breakfast, made with salt and water and nothing else in it, for lunch, and a salad, and a piece of salmon in a balsamic vinaigrette, for dinner, a boneless, skinless chicken breast grilled, not fried, and some steamed broccoli with no butter on it or cheese. I guarantee you if you eat this for seven days and nothing else drink water exclusively you will lose a lot of weight quickly.

That’s a simple example of a diet that will get you where you want to go. If I recall correctly, at your height, your weight makes you morbidly obese, which means you’re probably borderline diabetic and you have hypertension.

You must lose weight and it’s not going to be easy. You need to cut out all the sweets all the fake sweets that say that they’re low calorie or 0 cal and go hard-core.

Did she do this for a couple of weeks and you have a lost at least 10 pounds there’s something wrong with you metabolically again the chances of that being the case are very low.

You don’t have a weight problem you have a spoon to mouth problem. You must practice self control.

anything else is a platitude.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Have a full time job starting tomorrow. Lunches are preplanned for the week with salad and some protein. No emotional or distracted eating or unplanned eating. Should lose at least 50 lbs or more by the end of the 3 month probation period. First time working and it feels like I am visiting another country by leaving my home to go to work. Tomorrow is day one.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
At the end of the day, when you are sick of looking in the mirror and seeing what is looking back at you, you'll commit to doing something about it.

Until then, you'll keep making excuses.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
The level of delusion going on here is absurd. Calories in versus calories out if all else is the same when was the last time you had your testosterone levels checked? Chances are they’re just fine.

If you want to lose weight, eat oatmeal for breakfast, made with salt and water and nothing else in it, for lunch, and a salad, and a piece of salmon in a balsamic vinaigrette, for dinner, a boneless, skinless chicken breast grilled, not fried, and some steamed broccoli with no butter on it or cheese. I guarantee you if you eat this for seven days and nothing else drink water exclusively you will lose a lot of weight quickly.

That’s a simple example of a diet that will get you where you want to go. If I recall correctly, at your height, your weight makes you morbidly obese, which means you’re probably borderline diabetic and you have hypertension.

You must lose weight and it’s not going to be easy. You need to cut out all the sweets all the fake sweets that say that they’re low calorie or 0 cal and go hard-core.

Did she do this for a couple of weeks and you have a lost at least 10 pounds there’s something wrong with you metabolically again the chances of that being the case are very low.

You don’t have a weight problem you have a spoon to mouth problem. You must practice self control.

anything else is a platitude.
I created a thread that details why calories in versus calories out is mostly BS unless you are eating processed garbage all the time. At best it's a very loose guideline, at worst it's total BS that can be off by 500-1000 calories a day.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
The human body is a closed system that requires energy to maintain its basic functions, such as breathing, circulation, and digestion. This energy is obtained from our food, which is converted into calories that our body can use for fuel.

When we consume more calories than our body needs for these basic functions, the excess calories are stored as fat, which can lead to weight gain over time. Conversely, when we consume fewer calories than our body needs, the stored fat is used for energy, which can lead to weight loss.

This is the basic principle behind the concept of "calories in versus calories out" for weight loss. By consuming fewer calories and/or increasing physical activity to burn more calories, we create a calorie deficit that can lead to weight loss over time.

While it is true that some people may have a genetic predisposition to weight gain or loss, the majority of individuals can achieve a healthy weight through a balanced diet and regular physical activity. Moreover, studies have shown that the most effective way to lose and keep weight off is through a combination of diet and exercise.

In conclusion, while the concept of "calories in versus calories out" may be oversimplified at times, it remains a fundamental principle for weight loss and overall health. By consuming a healthy diet and engaging in regular physical activity, individuals can create a sustainable calorie deficit that can lead to long-term weight loss and improved health outcomes.

This is why when you're undernourished, you lose weight. People that can't lose weight are either skin and bones or in caloric excess.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
The human body is a closed system that requires energy to maintain its basic functions, such as breathing, circulation, and digestion. This energy is obtained from our food, which is converted into calories that our body can use for fuel.

When we consume more calories than our body needs for these basic functions, the excess calories are stored as fat, which can lead to weight gain over time. Conversely, when we consume fewer calories than our body needs, the stored fat is used for energy, which can lead to weight loss.

This is the basic principle behind the concept of "calories in versus calories out" for weight loss. By consuming fewer calories and/or increasing physical activity to burn more calories, we create a calorie deficit that can lead to weight loss over time.

While it is true that some people may have a genetic predisposition to weight gain or loss, the majority of individuals can achieve a healthy weight through a balanced diet and regular physical activity. Moreover, studies have shown that the most effective way to lose and keep weight off is through a combination of diet and exercise.

In conclusion, while the concept of "calories in versus calories out" may be oversimplified at times, it remains a fundamental principle for weight loss and overall health. By consuming a healthy diet and engaging in regular physical activity, individuals can create a sustainable calorie deficit that can lead to long-term weight loss and improved health outcomes.

This is why when you're undernourished, you lose weight. People that can't lose weight are either skin and bones or in caloric excess.
The problem comes mainly from calories not being accurate many times and/or the bodies rate of caloric burn which can vary widely between various states.

Simply how hydrated you are can have a 300-400 calorie burn effect on the body in a given day, either positiviely or negatively. Things like that are not reflected anywhere in calories in versus calories out.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Things like that are not reflected anywhere in calories in versus calories out.
They’re not that relevant to be honest. Calories in vs. out is correct, albeit hard to measure.

The simplest way is to focus on the calorie density of foods. Rough approximation of food classes by caloric density:

-Oil / Butter / Added fats
-Refined carbohydrates
-Meat / fish / poultry / Dairy
-Complex carbohydrates / legumes
-Fruit / Starchy vegetables
-Non-starchy vegetables
-Tea / Coffee / herbal drinks
-water

That said, to lose weight treat this list as a pyramid. Added fats should be removed first. Then added sugars. Choosing low fat protein options (like ultra-lean ground beef and chicken breast) goes a long way as well.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
They’re not that relevant to be honest. Calories in vs. out is correct, albeit hard to measure.

The simplest way is to focus on the calorie density of foods. Rough approximation of food classes by caloric density:

-Oil / Butter / Added fats
-Refined carbohydrates
-Meat / fish / poultry / Dairy
-Complex carbohydrates / legumes
-Fruit / Starchy vegetables
-Non-starchy vegetables
-Tea / Coffee / herbal drinks
-water

That said, to lose weight treat this list as a pyramid. Added fats should be removed first. Then added sugars. Choosing low fat protein options (like ultra-lean ground beef and chicken breast) goes a long way as well.
If you can't measure it, it is nearly meaningless.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
There are outliers in every situation, but if you’re looking for a reason to justify your lack of weight loss and you’re not exercising hard daily for at least 30 minutes and eating less than 2500 calories regardless of your size

YOU HAVE A SPOON TO MOUTH PROBLEM.

People need to be spoken to in plain words, if you say “well it could be this” they will latch onto it and run, because of course they aren’t the problem. Closed system, you can’t gain weight by breathing! You are eating too much.

Figure out your ideal body weight:

50kg + 2.3(# inches over 5’)

then use the Harris-Benedict equation to figure out your basal rate:

Men: BMR = 88.362 + (13.397 x weight in kg) + (4.799 x height in cm) - (5.677 x age in years)

Women: BMR = 447.593 + (9.247 x weight in kg) + (3.098 x height in cm) - (4.330 x age in years)

This will spit out how many calories you need to stay alive, any calories over that are excess.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
There are outliers in every situation, but if you’re looking for a reason to justify your lack of weight loss and you’re not exercising hard daily for at least 30 minutes and eating less than 2500 calories regardless of your size

YOU HAVE A SPOON TO MOUTH PROBLEM.

People need to be spoken to in plain words, if you say “well it could be this” they will latch onto it and run, because of course they aren’t the problem. Closed system, you can’t gain weight by breathing! You are eating too much.

Figure out your ideal body weight:

50kg + 2.3(# inches over 5’)

then use the Harris-Benedict equation to figure out your basal rate:

Men: BMR = 88.362 + (13.397 x weight in kg) + (4.799 x height in cm) - (5.677 x age in years)

Women: BMR = 447.593 + (9.247 x weight in kg) + (3.098 x height in cm) - (4.330 x age in years)

This will spit out how many calories you need to stay alive, any calories over that are excess.
I prefer this calculator as it takes into account your activity levels and gives you a carb cycling plan with calories based on your goals, a long with BMR and TDEE