Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Suddenly lots of matches on OLD , what gives?

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
To be clear, I've only used Hinge on and off for the past 4+ years. I would get about 10 matches per week at best (and that was with me actively liking the profiles (which limits sending 8 likes per day)

Fast forward to now, and I get anywhere from 15-30 per week (sometimes more) and I almost never send any likes out myself. I hit "50+" likes in the first 2 weeks and while I cannot see how many I have (hidden after 50), I suspect it's approaching 500 but may even be closer to 1000. And this is living in a fairly average sized city.

I do have some better pics/prompts but that can't surely be all. Could it be that there is less competition among nowadays since more men are completely hopeless? Or are more women using dating apps now for attention/farming? I have also noticed more women are less likely to actually agree to a date even if they show high interest early on. I suspect women are running out of sources for validation from social media so they're just using OLD as another platform for attention tokens, or could be a part of an even larger trend using apps to distract themselves from their lifestyle/mental problems.

Last edited:

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
V-Day. Watch out for the Hopeless Romantics.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Timing.

After the holidays and the start of a new year. Best time to find someone new to monkey branch away from the dude they arent really into but dated for 3-4 months since late October/early November since it was better than having nobody during the winter months and holiday season.

Now they will start going out with other people and likely get rid of that guy by V-day and start something new with someone else.

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
V-Day. Watch out for the Hopeless Romantics.

Timing.

After the holidays and the start of a new year. Best time to find someone new to monkey branch away from the dude they arent really into but dated for 3-4 months since late October/early November since it was better than having nobody during the winter months and holiday season.

Now they will start going out with other people and likely get rid of that guy by V-day and start something new with someone else.
This trend started when I reopened my profile back in August and has been fairly consistent since then.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Do you resemble any en-vogue celebrity?
I'm often told I look like x or y, since I seem to have composite features of many dark haired white guys. Used to get Aaron Rodgers a lot, but also Ryan Reynalds and many others I don't even know.

Last edited:

Stanley

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hinge seems to have the highest return of girls actually wanting relationships...That said the rules and dichotomy of tinder still apply. Most guys I knew who used it were average looking always matching and talking with girls, but never not once did any of them get them on a date. They were penpals. If you're game aware and know how to transition from texting to a meetup and these girls aren't taking the bait then they are attention seeking pen pals. Timing is one thing as well. If you live somewhere cold people are more inclined to chat you up online and with the holidays over you get those whack girls who need a v-day date.

Hinge is more or less a rebadged tinder which is becoming more trendy. Tinder was once an app for hookups, then it became both dating and hookups, and now it is essentially an attention farm for women's ego and very few meetup aside from the still occasional hookup. Covid has murdered peoples social skills and young people especially have a hard time with social interaction period. Hinge seems to be an app which encourages Para-social online relationships which probably never amount to anything. I also don't think one can properly deduce high interest over text without first meeting the person. People will feign interest in you to keep you on the hook and provide attention. Guys do it too.

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Could be; some of them seemed suspiciously hot though I've barely used it so I haven't talked to enough to get a sense.