Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Observations on Phoenix's Scene

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That's because there are so many folks in AZ that are from the Great Lake states. I guess folks that really hate the snow want to go where there isn't much cold or precipitation.
A lot of them move here as adults so they spent their early/middle years out of the sun, and have genetics that bode well for aging. You will find a surprising number of youthful-looking older women here with unexpectedly good skin due to this.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A lot of them move here as adults so they spent their early/middle years out of the sun, and have genetics that bode well for aging. You will find a surprising number of youthful-looking older women here with unexpectedly good skin due to this.
I remember regularly going to a sports bar down the street from ASU stadium, and there was this cougar that would always talk to me - she had skin like a leather jacket. :eek: :eek:

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I remember regularly going to a sports bar down the street from ASU stadium, and there was this cougar that would always talk to me - she had skin like a leather jacket. :eek: :eek:
You will find lizards here as well. There's a wide variance in skin tone that you wouldn't expect with the environment here. A lot of sun-worshippers who are born or move here, and on the other extreme the aformentioned Upper-Midwest element as well.

But overall the female competition here dissuades skin-care neglect. There's a sizeable contingent also of women who love to tan by the pool but who also try and mitigate skin damage to their faces.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That's because there are so many folks in AZ that are from the Great Lake states. I guess folks that really hate the snow want to go where there isn't much cold or precipitation.
There are a lot of people who move to Arizona from the Chicago area. Ex-Chicago people are nearly as prevalent as the Californians around Arizona.

The rest of the Great Lakes states are well represented too.

But overall the female competition here dissuades skin-care neglect.
There are more single males than single females in Metro Phoenix. The male competition was fierce in Phoenix. I was doing more of my hunting at the time at the Old Town Scottsdale bars. There was definitely a culture of lifting weights and looking as muscular as possible while driving certain car brands in order to impress shallow, materialistic women. That might have been more of a thing for 20 somethings in the Old Town scene.

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sun avoidance is a BIG deal. Tan skin in your teens & twenties means wrinkled leathery skin in your forties onward, especially for fair complexion people. The sun is very strong in the valley & it’s easy to get over exposed.

A coed that I knew in college when I was 20 got melanoma from excessive time in the tanning beds, which were all the rage in the 80s. That made such an impression on me that I quit tanning almost altogether. I thought the tanning beds were dangerous already because the one time I went, the required eye protection freaked me out. If it’s that dangerous for eyes it can’t be good for skin etc. was my rationale.

Sun avoidance has saved my skin. I’m really careful now too as I do not care to damage my fair skin. Eyes too. You MUST wear sunglasses to protect eyes in AZ. Not optional.

Scars

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've done a fair bit of traveling, and I can honestly say when it comes to the US that Arizona and Texas have the hottest women. Hands down. Even more so than California. The heat is indeed a b!tch though, and yes they can sometimes have bad attitudes. They require a different level of game because most of them think their sh!t don't stink, and they are VERY opinionated.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've done a fair bit of traveling, and I can honestly say when it comes to the US that Arizona and Texas have the hottest women.

The heat is indeed a b!tch though, and yes they can sometimes have bad attitudes. They require a different level of game because most of them think their sh!t don't stink, and they are VERY opinionated.
There's a lot of obesity in Texas but there are also a lot of fit women in Texas. I'm most familiar with Dallas in Texas. I also think Dallas is likely the best Texas comparison to Phoenix.

Both Dallas and Phoenix have attractive women with bad attitudes. There's a major pretention element in both cities.

Phoenix is very transplant heavy. Few Phoenix area residents have long time roots in the area. You don’t see a lot of strong social circles of natives who grew up in the area. While there are some and having a circle would help, it’s just not common. This is also a contributing factor to the superficiality and pretentiousness in the area. When there are no social circle consequences for behavior, overall behavior tends to be worse.

The absolute worst behaviors you'll see are in Old Town Scottsdale bars.

Because superficiality matters a lot in Phoenix, having the right image helps a lot. Guys go to great lengths in the area to get material possessions and sometimes big muscles to impress women. A fair number of women also get breast implants to compete with other women for the top guys in the area.

Sun avoidance is a BIG deal. Tan skin in your teens & twenties means wrinkled leathery skin in your forties onward, especially for fair complexion people. The sun is very strong in the valley & it’s easy to get over exposed.

Sun avoidance has saved my skin. I’m really careful now too as I do not care to damage my fair skin. Eyes too. You MUST wear sunglasses to protect eyes in AZ. Not optional.
It would be difficult to avoid the sun in the Valley of the Sun. There's also a culture around a lot of outdoor activities, especially from late October (when it cools off) until early April. Hiking is so common, and it's a date activity and also can be used as an opportunity for approahing and pickup.

Jesse Pinkman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Got bored, was looking up fights after a couple of drinks and ran into this crap, it is the first video that came up. Like bro, such trashy trashy women. Tuscon is h3ll man.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Got bored, was looking up fights after a couple of drinks and ran into this crap, it is the first video that came up. Like bro, such trashy trashy women. Tuscon is h3ll man.

Tucson has a rep for being scenic (compared to Phx at least) and for being poor, trashy, and somewhat leftist. I've compared OLD prospects between Phoenix/Scottsdale and Tucson and there is a noticeable dropoff in quality in Tucson.

Forum member @sangheilios lives there and has basically given up on the women.

Jesse Pinkman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tucson has a rep for being scenic (compared to Phx at least) and for being poor, trashy, and somewhat leftist. I've compared OLD prospects between Phoenix/Scottsdale and Tucson and there is a noticeable dropoff in quality in Tucson.

Forum member @sangheilios lives there and has basically given up on the women there.
I never got the hype either since people keep hyping it up. TBH, I never got the hype behind Arizona and its women, they seem like the trailer trash cousins of California girls.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I never got the hype either since people keep hyping it up. TBH, I never got the hype behind Arizona and its women, they seem like the trailer trash cousins of California girls.
The trailer trash is typically multi-generational Arizonans and the state is transplant-heavy. There's a strong small town/midwestern-roots element like you find in Manhattan and the women have to present themselves better than in California due to a weaker market for them here (stronger female competition, weaker male competition). Lots of Scandinavian genetics as well, at least in the Valley.

The Valley (which is the Phx/Scottsdale metro) is 2/3 the state's population but also an island in terms of gaming. The rest of Arizona sucks due to the smaller towns being frontierish, disproportionately blue collar and male-heavy, and Tucson sucks as mentioned.

Last edited:

Jesse Pinkman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The trailer trash is typically multi-generational Arizonans and the state is transplant-heavy. There's a strong small town/midwestern-roots element like you find in Manhattan and the women have to present themselves better than in California due to a weaker market for them here (stronger female competition, weaker male competition). Lots of Scandinavian genetics as well, at least in the Valley.

The Valley (which is the Phx/Scottsdale metro) is 2/3 the state's population but also an island in terms of gaming. The rest of Arizona sucks due to the smaller towns being frontierish, disproportionately blue collar and male-heavy, and Tucson sucks as mentioned.
I actually heard all of AZ was a sausagefest in general though. Just going back to my own examples and experiences though, it did seem like most Arizona women I have met were as vain as they came, very sassy, and a quite a lot like Karens too. Never got the hype around them, they all seemed to have a very off personality.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I actually heard all of AZ was a sausagefest in general though. Just going back to my own examples and experiences though, it did seem like most Arizona women I have met were as vain as they came, very sassy, and a quite a lot like Karens too. Never got the hype around them, they all seemed to have a very off personality.
The thing that seems to be unique here is that there are bangable women everywhere you go, not just in the upscale and nightlife areas. Now there is a good deal of status chasing due to the people tending to be cookie cutter, very vanilla white people (think NPC's if you're familiar with that term), but that tends to be heavily concentrated in certain areas (basically the eastern `1/3 of the Valley). ASU has a well-established reputation as a party/get laid school and the girls in Tempe are going to be knowing that as well and behaving accordingly. So if you're dealing with females from Scottsdale or ASU, it might give you a skewed impression of the Valley in general.

All "sausagefests" are not created equal. There are a lot of illegals here (most of whom are men) and the census hasn't collected citizenship info since 1950.

"The United States used to ask about citizenship as well, but since 1950 the question has not been included in the census forms that most people receive."

Last edited:

Jesse Pinkman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The thing that seems to be unique here is that there are bangable women everywhere you go, not just in the upscale and nightlife areas. Now there is a good deal of status chasing due to the people tending to be cookie cutter, very vanilla white people (think NPC's if you're familiar with that term), but that tends to be heavily concentrated in certain areas (basically the eastern `1/3 of the Valley). ASU has a well-established reputation as a party/get laid school and the girls in Tempe are going to be knowing that as well and behaving accordingly. So if you're dealing with females from Scottsdale or ASU, it might give you a skewed impression of the Valley in general.

All "sausagefests" are not created equal.
I'll take your word for it and for all I know, I can go to the state and live there to find that it is different. I've even thought about a Bucket List item where if I have enough money, before I turn 40 I go to every major college town, stay for a month throughout a period of years, and see how I do with game there in general (online and nightgame). This assuming I am looksmaxxed by that time.

However, I am going by what I have experienced with almost all AZ women in other states. They seem to be nice but very resistant to any cold type of game, heavy into social status and vetting what is cool first.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'll take your word for it and for all I know, I can go to the state and live there to find that it is different. I've even thought about a Bucket List item where if I have enough money, before I turn 40 I go to every major college town, stay for a month throughout a period of years, and see how I do with game there in general (online and nightgame). This assuming I am looksmaxxed by that time.

However, I am going by what I have experienced with almost all AZ women in other states. They seem to be nice but very resistant to any cold type of game, heavy into social status and vetting what is cool first.
I added this late to my prior post, but it bears repeating: lots of illegal mexican dudes here, and the census hasn't asked about citizenship in 70 years. So the "sausagefest" to a large degree isn't a very competitive one.

Lol, I can see them vetting what is cool first. Phoenix is probably the most boring major metro in the U.S (which isn't a bad as it seems, since bored women are horny women.) And it goes without saying that people on vacation, assuming these AZ women were, generally are acting like aholes.

Last edited:

Jesse Pinkman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I added this late to my prior post, but it bears repeating: lots of illegal mexican dudes here, and the census hasn't asked about citizenship in 70 years. So the "sausagefest" to a large degree isn't a very competitive one.

Lol, I can see them vetting what is cool first. Phoenix is probably the most boring major metro in the U.S (which isn't a bad as it seems, since bored women are horny women.) And it goes without saying that people on vacation, assuming these AZ women were, generally are acting like aholes.
I don't know man, I guess I am just different. I find it easier to hook up with women from cool places that have exciting stuff going on as opposed to boring places. From what I noticed, women from boring places tend to be more judgmental and stick to the high school mindset of popularity contests well into adulthood which leads to them being that boring prude at the bar.

As for Mexican dudes, yeah in my short visits to AZ, I noticed a lot less Latino guys with white girls compared to my time down south. It did however seem like black guys enjoyed massive status boosts in the state.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't know man, I guess I am just different. I find it easier to hook up with women from cool places that have exciting stuff going on as opposed to boring places. From what I noticed, women from boring places tend to be more judgmental and stick to the high school mindset of popularity contests well into adulthood which leads to them being that boring prude at the bar.

As for Mexican dudes, yeah in my short visits to AZ, I noticed a lot less Latino guys with white girls compared to my time down south. It did however seem like black guys enjoyed massive status boosts in the state.

I was going to make the comparison between here and non-hispanic Florida

There isn't much race mixing here given how purple the state is. Black guys do enjoy a boost here, but there aren't many black people in general (about 6%). The sistas tend to have massive attitudes once they get 30+ but the early 20 somethings are pretty much dtf. If they're older though, they're not worth it at all here.

I get what you're saying about women from cool places, they're just naturally easier to connect with for a dj. I have to simplify myself to a lot of the women here.

Jesse Pinkman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was going to make the comparison between here and non-hispanic Florida

There isn't much race mixing here given how purple the state is. Black guys do enjoy a boost here, but there aren't many black people in general (about 6%). The sistas tend to have massive attitudes once they get 30+ but the early 20 somethings are pretty much dtf. If they're older though, they're not worth it at all here.

I get what you're saying about women from cool places, they're just naturally easier to connect with for a dj. I have to simplify myself to a lot of the women here.
I get you on the last sentence, like I feel that a lot of women from boring places tend to be major teases but never go through with being picked up. It is like they should be the most DTF but they end up not being the most DTF for some weird reason. It does vary from place to place though. I have loved South Carolina and Tennessee girls a lot. However, something else is there about AZ girls. My take is that they are so used to social circle games and then they have that snottiness with California being nearby so they tend to be weary of just any dude gaming them during the night.

Maybe dudes here who have done well in AZ can comment. I know one user had their own long log, gonna create one of my own.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tuscon is h3ll man.
The Tucson metro area has ~1 million residents. For a city of its size, Tucson is rather underwhelming for both employment and as a mating marketplace. Tucson is not an easy place for a man to get his penis wet. There are 3 scenarios where a man can have success in Tucson. All 3 scenarios have drawbacks.

1. You can get laid in Tucson if you are a University of Arizona student. If this is the case, you are likely 18-29 and childless. You're either in undergraduate (mostly 18-23) or graduate school (22-29).

If you want to know about the sex lives of male University of Arizona students, read the initial post from @Jesse Pinkman in the thread below. The typical guy isn't doing that well.

2. You are Hispanic. You are likely a blue collar worker/manual laborer or service sector worker. You are pursuing Hispanic women with less than a college education. This type of pairing commonly happens in the lower middle class or lower areas. At best, this happens in the middle middle class for some successful male tradesmen or pink collar Hispanic women. Some of these Hispanic guys don't have major standards. There are a lot of single moms in this group, especially if age 25+. If you are a Hispanic guy in Tucson who is middle class and lower, there's a decent chance you are a baby daddy with baby mama drama, especially if you are 25+. Overall, I think these males are likely the most sexually successful in Tucson as a group. Only the top tier University of Arizona males are more successful than these Hispanic men, but U of A students as a whole aren't getting laid as much as non-college educated Hispanics in Tucson.

College educated Hispanics are not that common in Tucson. It's possible to see some male Hispanic U of A students getting with female Hispanic U of A students. College educated Hispanics who are both post college age and not U of A affiliated are less common. If you were a college educated Hispanic male and you wanted to date college educated Hispanic females in Tucson, that's a thinner market. You might move to Phoenix in that case.

3. You are a pre-retiree or retiree male. You're 55+ and pursuing 50+ females in the middle class or higher neighborhoods. You might be meeting these 50+ women through retiree type activities. If you are a 55+ male pursuing 50+ women in Tucson, you are either divorced or widowed with adult children. The women that you are dating likely have adult children as well.

If you're a 25-54 year old male not affiliated with University of Arizona and you're pursuing 25-54 year old not U of A affiliated women in Tucson, it's going to be difficult to get laid. You'd better hope that you already have a wife and maybe a boring family life already. Maybe you're monogamously married wife lets you fucck her twice a month. This is even more difficult if you are White and often going for other White women. This partially explains @sangheilios and his struggles in Tucson. He's not a current U of A student and he's not plugged into the U of A pusssy scene. That makes for a thinner market for him, even being 6'4" and somewhat muscular.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Phoenix is probably the most boring major metro in the U.S (which isn't a bad as it seems, since bored women are horny women.)
I find it easier to hook up with women from cool places that have exciting stuff going on as opposed to boring places. From what I noticed, women from boring places tend to be more judgmental and stick to the high school mindset of popularity contests well into adulthood which leads to them being that boring prude at the bar.
Phoenix might be considered boring because of one sentence I wrote in the first post.....

The Heat is Real and Affects All Aspects of Life, Including Seduction.

From roughly April 15 to October 15, the heat in Phoenix is essentially intolerable and will force you to adjust your routines. How exciting is it to go from air conditioned building to air conditioned building? What will you do when the high temperatures are between 95-112 degrees?

There are a lot of judgmental women who appear to be pretentious at Phoenix area bars. This is most common observed in the Old Town Scottsdale area bars. Old Town Scottsdale is the most difficult environment to play in. Women who live near there are quite demanding, especially you're meeting them at the bars in that area. They tend to be women 23-33 or so. 35+ women are more in North Scottsdale, although some might be in certain Phoenix neighborhoods.

Central Phoenix and Tempe women are more grounded than Scottsdale women.

I feel that a lot of women from boring places tend to be major teases but never go through with being picked up. It is like they should be the most DTF but they end up not being the most DTF for some weird reason. However, something else is there about AZ girls. My take is that they are so used to social circle games and then they have that snottiness with California being nearby so they tend to be weary of just any dude gaming them during the night.
Social circles are not that strong in Phoenix because there are a lot of transplants from other areas. I'd say swipe apps are big there because swipe apps tend to be big in areas without much in the way of social circles. There's a decent stranger approaching culture too with guys at the gyms trying to get laid with women at the gyms. There are big bar scenes in Tempe and Scottsdale. Some solid nightlife option exist in Phoenix. You can daygame at parks and on hiking paths if the weather is right, though more men tend to use the hiking paths as date options than for pickup. It's common to see a shirtless dude on Piestewa peak with his girlfriend in shorts and a sports bra.

I have to simplify myself to a lot of the women here.
This post would help to explain that...

Height and big muscles tend to play well as a look there. Lots of superficiality in the region since social circles are weak. Fitness is emphasized as people aren't wearing a lot of clothing for good portions of the year due to heat. Tans play well too.

Phoenix isn't a intellectual place like Boston.