Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Exceeding Max heart rate

Machine10033

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Slightly alarmed... 41 years old so my max heart rate should be 179-178. This morning went on a run... at the end I do several sprints up a massive hill near my house. When it was all over my garmin notified me that I set a HR record... my HR during those sprints got into the 190’s. Is this possible?? Is this dangerous? I feel great didn’t die

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Sometimes those watches are inaccurate while working out. I was climbing hills and gasping for air on the last time up(I do 3 sets of 10, up and down and try and beat my time) and my watch told me my heart rate was 102. Yeah right.

2Rocky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
According to experts:

You should generally stay within 50 to 70 percent of your maximum heart rate during moderate intensity exercise, or 70 to 85 percent during vigorous exercise, says the AHA. This range is known as your target heart rate — or the level of physical activity that conditions your heart without overworking it, according to Mayo.

Although exceeding maximum heart rate is possible, it's not advisable, says Kelly Stamp, PhD, ANP-C, a nurse-practitioner and professor at the University of North Carolina Greensboro School of Nursing. Exceeding maximum heart rate can lead to fatigue or more severe symptoms, depending on your age, your physical fitness level and any underlying health conditions, Stamp adds.

Basically You will burn more fat if you are in your target HR zone. High HR exercise burns up your glycogen stores faster and then you go anerobic and Lactic acid is the next source of energy. Continued HIgher than Max exertion will more or less trash your muscles and the soreness will be more severe than regular DOMS.

Endurance athletes make it a point to train at a low end of a target HR to build endurance. Occasional High HR exertion though can build explosiveness and speed.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OP verify your heart rate. If still high, try some pine needle tea. If you're vaccinated, you may have microclots.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Slightly alarmed... 41 years old so my max heart rate should be 179-178. This morning went on a run... at the end I do several sprints up a massive hill near my house. When it was all over my garmin notified me that I set a HR record... my HR during those sprints got into the 190’s. Is this possible?? Is this dangerous? I feel great didn’t die
Was this after the root beer float? Probably best you get checked.

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nothing will elevate your BPM more than hill sprints.