Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Observations on Dallas' Scene

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If I was a teen, I would have gone abroad even more. Learned more languages. Hell I would have did BC at 18.

I'm of the opinion that men HAVE TO BE DOMAIN INDEPENDENT. I am not talking day game or night game. I am talking leveling up away from the office cubicle. I'd go as far to add dual citizenship and or 2nd passport included in self-help/self-improvement /inner game.
Solid ideas.

While not perfect, it sounds like you love Dallas. I would love to migrate.
Yes. Dallas isn't perfect. It's a tough mating environment. It can be a decent place to live. I've given this city a good portion of my life. I've been here over a decade now. I put a lot into the move to Dallas. I had some failed relocations earlier in my adult life when I got here. I didn't stay in the same city as where I attended college. I chose not to permanently stay in some places where I lived in my 20s.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
One famous Heineken ad used in print/digital/billboards has proclaimed that "Cities without beaches throw the best pool parties"

heineken pool party ad.jpg

One thing that I have noticed in my time in Dallas is that there are a few examples of larger, commercialized pool parties. often with DJs connected to a business (bar/restaurant, hotel) with hundreds of semi-strangers attending. In my experience, these type of pool parties tend to be bigger sausage fests and don't usually live up to the hype as a pickup option.

The Dallas area has 2 bars that I can think of that are centered around playing sand volleyball. One is near Downtown Dallas and the other is in suburbs. There's a third bar in a suburb that also has some sand volleyball courts, but I wouldn't call this bar centered around sand volleyball like the other 2.

Last edited:

HaleyBaron

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
One famous Heineken ad used in print/digital/billboards has proclaimed that "Cities without beaches throw the best pool parties"

View attachment 8568

One thing that I have noticed in my time in Dallas is that there are a few examples of larger, commercialized pool parties. often with DJs connected to a business (bar/restaurant, hotel) with hundreds of semi-strangers attending. In my experience, these type of pool parties tend to be bigger sausage fests and don't usually live up to the hype as a pickup option.

The Dallas area has 2 bars that I can think of that are centered around playing sand volleyball. One is near Downtown Dallas and the other is in suburbs. There's a third bar in a suburb that also has some sand volleyball courts, but I wouldn't call this bar centered around sand volleyball like the other 2.
All the private pool parties atop hotels is where more women show up to. At least from my experience.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
All the private pool parties atop hotels is where more women show up to. At least from my experience.
In Downtown Dallas, there are some rooftop pool parties that the public can attend if they pay. I don't know too much about private rooftop parties. Outside of Downtown, there are some commercialized, non-rooftop pool parties.

HaleyBaron

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In Downtown Dallas, there are some rooftop pool parties that the public can attend if they pay. I don't know too much about private rooftop parties. Outside of Downtown, there are some commercialized, non-rooftop pool parties.
I put paid pool parties in the same vein as private pool parties, so that is what I was implying.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I put paid pool parties in the same vein as private pool parties, so that is what I was implying.
Then, we're talking about the same type of pool party.

There are 2 major commercialized non-rooftop parties that have been going on for decades on summer/summer holiday afternoons. I've been to one a number of times over the years and it is SOOO overrated.

Sisu was around in Uptown for many years before closing in the late 2010s and Ku De Ta just outside of Downtown had a pool concept for a few years in the mid-2010s but suffered due to a poor location.

Last edited:

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Solid ideas.

Yes. Dallas isn't perfect. It's a tough mating environment. It can be a decent place to live. I've given this city a good portion of my life. I've been here over a decade now. I put a lot into the move to Dallas. I had some failed relocations earlier in my adult life when I got here. I didn't stay in the same city as where I attended college. I chose not to permanently stay in some places where I lived in my 20s.
Curious why or if not wanting to discuss especially on the forums pm me. I know what you mean. I saw a lot of similar things as a kid moving a lot due to my father and biz. That life long social circle wasn't a thing for me. Social media wasn't a option till much later in life.

I hear Austin is good but i wouldn't know personally. I would love to migrate to Florida or Texas.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I hear Austin is good but i wouldn't know personally. I would love to migrate to Florida or Texas.
Austin is a worse mating environment than Dallas. Austin is the San Francisco of Texas. Tons of SJW/feminist types in Austin. It's not a coincidence that feminist dating app Bumble chose Austin as its headquarters. "Keep Austin Weird" is the unofficial motto of the city, whereas Dallas gets mocked with "Keep Dallas Pretentious".

If you want a big Texas metro area experience, choose Fort Worth, Houston, or San Antonio. Your penis will thank you for it. Navigating the Dallas dating environment is tough. Single people often move here because there are a lot of good corporate headquarters and decent jobs around Dallas. The quality of jobs is higher on the Dallas side of the metro area than the Fort Worth side. I prefer the Fort Worth social scene.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@Bokanovsky made some comments about the changes in the Toronto nightlife scene that I think I'd like to address on a Dallas level.

When I arrived in Dallas a decade ago, I noticed that there were far more bars than nightclubs. I have never perceived a strong nightclub scene in Dallas. I would say that in terms of quantity, Dallas has always had a good amount of nightlife. Dallas-Fort Worth is currently the 4th most populous metro area in the US and has been a top 5 metro area for a while. Likely since the 2000s.

When I first arrived in Dallas in the early 2010s, Uptown was one of the hottest nightlife areas. In the early to mid 2010s, Uptown was where the yuppie/bougie bars were. That's were the White women with bachelor's degrees or higher would congregate. There was only one pure nightclub in the Uptown area in the early to mid 2010s. It has long since closed. A number of the bars that were big in the early to mid 2010s have closed. Uptown's heyday was roughly 2004-2016. Starting in the mid to late 2010s, Uptown's nightlife started going downhill and lower quality people started frequenting Uptown's bars. Crime increased in the area. Uptown is now on the avoid list for a lot of the yuppie type crowd. However, there are still daygame opportunities in the Uptown area, as evidenced by this video below, taking place almost exclusively in Uptown in 2021. Bougie type women still seem to live in Uptown.

There are still some long lasting nightclubs in Dallas. Candleroom has been around for 2+ decades. Gloria's in Addison has been around for salsa dancing for a long time. @Howiestern once mentioned Cowboys Red River, which is a honky tonk in Dallas. That's rare as Dallas has not been a country stronghold likely since "Dallas" the TV show was airing on CBS in the 1980s. Cowboys Red River is inconveniently located as compared to a lot of other places in Dallas. If you go to Cowboys Red River, you're there for the whole night.

Early in my time in Dallas, I shifted from being more of a bar approacher to being more of a non-bar approaching guy. When the pandemic hit in 2020, I didn't miss bars in terms of approaches but realized that bars are valuable as date hosting locations. Some of the better bars for hosting dates are not the best bars for doing approaches, though some bars can overlap.

Last edited:

HaleyBaron

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Whenever I see women walking around in Uptown, I know that they only reason they are there looking like they are, from those tight yoga pants, to those frivolous dresses is because they are trying to catch the eye of some rich good looking guy. The way they walk and the way they blindly just move around is like watching some pretty bird frolicking around trying to get a male's attention. Literally the same activity.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Whenever I see women walking around in Uptown, I know that they only reason they are there looking like they are, from those tight yoga pants, to those frivolous dresses is because they are trying to catch the eye of some rich good looking guy. The way they walk and the way they blindly just move around is like watching some pretty bird frolicking around trying to get a male's attention. Literally the same activity.
A lot of Uptown guys are thirsty horn dogs. Many use money or the appearance of wealth as their primary form of game, due to the pretentiousness of Dallas. Plenty of men in Dallas have more money than charisma or quality social skills. The women know this and play to this factor.

Uptown at the daygame venues in that daygame video I've linked still has the bougie/yuppie element to it. I think this could change soon as night time crime has gotten a lot higher in Uptown. It just doesn't feel safe there at night anymore. However, you could see the guy in the video approaching yuppie White women, some of whom were wearing tight-ish yoga pants/workout gear.

HaleyBaron

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A lot of Uptown guys are thirsty horn dogs. Many use money or the appearance of wealth as their primary form of game, due to the pretentiousness of Dallas. Plenty of men in Dallas have more money than charisma or quality social skills. The women know this and play to this factor.

Uptown at the daygame venues in that daygame video I've linked still has the bougie/yuppie element to it. I think this could change soon as night time crime has gotten a lot higher in Uptown. It just doesn't feel safe there at night anymore. However, you could see the guy in the video approaching yuppie White women, some of whom were wearing tight-ish yoga pants/workout gear.
I see those all the time when Im out running on the trail, especially Katy Trail. But I also know a lot of it is half game going on from the girls looking to get looks.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I see those all the time when Im out running on the trail, especially Katy Trail. But I also know a lot of it is half game going on from the girls looking to get looks.
There are two walking paths in Dallas proper that draw some audience. Those two areas have the most options for approaching. There's certainly sufficient foot traffic at both but getting attention can be challenging. Most women wear earbuds if alone on both of those paths. Parks in Dallas exist but are nothing special compared to any other Top 25 US city.
Katy Trail is Dallas' primary pickup trail. That's where the Dallas daygame video was recorded and where you have been. I have been there as well. Mostly every guy in Dallas who does daygame is there so I would call it daygame saturated at this point. However, daygame is a niche activity that not a lot of men do. I have gotten many numbers and dates off of the Katy. It is the closest trail to Downtown Dallas and on the edge of Uptown. That's where a man goes to find yuppie White women.

White Rock Lake was the 2nd trail I was referring to in my quote above. There are some cuties there but not nearly as plentiful as Katy. There are some apartments near White Rock but it's not the same as all the apartments and townhomes near Katy Trail. There are more unmarried people within 1-2 miles of Katy Trail than White Rock Lake. White Rock Lake has too many marrieds and too many 35+ women on it. There is some suburban style housing stock near White Rock even though it is well within Dallas city limits.

I think White Rock is more scenic than Katy but isn't as good for pickup. I also think there are better girlfriend options among women who don't live in Uptown. Uptown still has the yuppie reputation going even though its star has fallen. I even thought the Uptown bar scene was overrated in its heyday.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I haven't gone up to The Shops of Legacy/The Star area in Plano much because I don't think childless women are going to be up there. Also, as more of a day gamer than night gamer, I don't see much in the way of day game. It would be possible to stop women outside of some of the shops at Shops of Legacy. I think it's difficult for Plano to shake its reputation of being a suburban family destination but some of the apartments in Plano might have more single people. Either way, Dallas has more of a scene than Plano.
Here’s a tale from the field in Metro Dallas to update the earlier point above…

A few weeks ago, I was meeting a friend one evening for dinner & drinks in Plano in The Shops of Legacy area. I was in Legacy West to be specific & that is the newer area immediately west of Shops of Legacy. I got up to Legacy West about 15 mins early. I walked around. There were approachable & sexy women out. Legacy West is faux urban. It mimics an urban scene but it is an suburban area.

Some people have claimed there is a singles scene up in the Shops of Legacy & Legacy West area of Plano. After that night, I’m more convinced it exists. I don’t have reason to be up in that area much but I could see it as an option. I still think the scene closer to Downtown Dallas is superior than the Legacy areas in Plano.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I made this comment in another thread and wanted to bring it here. I have mentioned the pretentiousness of Dallas women before.

A pre-1980 construction apartment makes it more difficult for a guy to get laid in Dallas because women are fussy, pretentious, and demanding in this market. That's mostly a White woman thing. You'd be better off dealing with non-White women if your apartment in Dallas is older. You can get laid with a White woman in Dallas in a pre-1980 or pre-1990 apartment but it is going to be more difficult. You're going to need more charisma to compensate for it and possibly be more physically fit.

In terms of rents, Dallas is no longer the bargain it once was. Basic, 1 bedroom apartments built prior to 1980 are going around $1,300 - $1,600 whereas they were below $1,000 prior to the pandemic. Those prices are accurate at this moment for both Dallas and some suburban areas that are not high crime areas. You might be able to get some dilapidated 1 bedroom apartment in a high crime area for under $1,300.

Also, keep in mind that one of the big trends in apartment construction in the last 15-20 years is "luxury apartments". No one builds basic apartments anymore. That puts the price of newer apartments higher and the newer apartments are what helps to get panties to drop.

Cars can last longer in Dallas without road salting from a harsh winter, like the Northeast and Midwestern USA. However, there are plenty of Dallas women that will judge you based on the age of your car. One woman refused a 2nd date with me based upon the age of my car at the time of that date (10+ years old). You can also expect your home furnishings to be judged if you get a woman back to your place.

Last edited:

Jesse Pinkman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The only cities I have to compare to Dallas are Atlanta and Nashville in regards to the south. While I am not the biggest fan of Dallas, I have found the women there way more approachable than the typical clout chaser in Atlanta or the wannabe classy southern belle in Nashville. I'll give Dallas its props, as bad as it may be, it is still miles better than most other southern cities in terms of culture. The one thing that annoys me with Dallas along with many other southern cities is the amount of Bible Thumpers there, they have massive youth churches and all which is so irritating to deal with.

However, I still found the people of Dallas (particularly the women) much easier to deal with than the people of Atlanta. In Dallas, people were at least honest and straightforward.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'll give Dallas its props, as bad as it may be, it is still miles better than most other southern cities in terms of culture
Dallas is geographically located in the Southern United States but it is culturally not like other Southern US cities. Dallas has a unique culture. A lot of how one experiences Dallas depends upon the social sphere.

A lot of what I've written applies to the mainly unmarried White areas of Dallas. The White areas of Dallas is where there are a lot of prententious women.

A good portion of Dallas is Black and Hispanic. Dallas is less Black than it was in 1990. The Black population has declined here as the Hispanic population has grown. Most Blacks and Hispanics are in poorer neighborhoods south of Interstate 30. North of Interstate 30/Downtown has a few ghetto neighborhoods with minorities, but those areas are easily avoided. There's really no reason to be there unless you live there. Same with the ghetto areas south of Interstate 30,

When you go north of the City of Dallas, the Collin County suburbs are mostly transplants that grew up somewhere else. The White people in Collin County are either from other parts of Texas or Anywhere USA. Collin County is nearly 20% Asian at this point, with that population being mostly from China and India. Collin County is mostly suburban single family houses with people mainly in the child raising portion of life. Plano, Frisco, McKinney are known for their school districts.

The typical guy who would be reading SoSuave does not fit in with most of Collin County. As I mentioned earlier, there's a little bit of a faux urban scene at Shops of Legacy and Legacy West in Plano. It's possible to do street approaches there. There are some bars in those two areas as well. The Dallas crowd typically doesn't go up to Plano to look to seduce.

The one thing that annoys me with Dallas along with many other southern cities is the amount of Bible Thumpers there, they have massive youth churches and all which is so irritating to deal with.
There is one non-denominational Christian church in Dallas with a big young adult scene. I've either approached or been on dates with a few of them. So annoying. They talk religious topics way too much and too early. It doesn't happen that often in Dallas.

One of my friends had a one night stand from a bar with one Bible Thumper chick. He was not happy it was a one night stand because he wanted to have sex with her multiple times but she got really weird about their one night of sex after the fact. She wasn't a member of that one non-demoninational Christian church in Dallas, she was some other form of Protestant.

I think most of the White Catholics (typically not considered Bible Thumpers) are 50+. Catholicism is relevant in Dallas more with the Hispanic population. I don't even think the younger Hispanic women will let their Catholicism get in the way of pre-marital sex. Hispanic women in Dallas like everywhere are not big into birth control though, which is a part of the Catholic influence. The Catholic religion bans all non-marital sex and birth control, whereas other Protestant denominations don't ban birth control.

Most younger women in Dallas aren't religious practicers or don't mention it before the interaction fizzles out. Most of the women I've had sex in Dallas were White women on birth control.

While I am not the biggest fan of Dallas, I have found the women there way more approachable than the typical clout chaser in Atlanta or the wannabe classy southern belle in Nashville....In Dallas, people were at least honest and straightforward.
I'm not sure what you mean by clout chasing. There is a good amount of pretentiousness in Dallas. Isn't that the same thing as clout chasing? White women in Dallas are often obsessed with their image and insecure.

I can relate to what you say about Nashville. I was there for a week and found the women fake and annoying.

I find almost all of the Southern US non-confrontational. Flaking is big. Few women are as straightforward as you would get in some parts of the Northeast.

Steno

Don Juan
Reaction score
Just a random observation for you Dallas daygamers...

I mostly daygame in super markets and huge department stores like kroger, target, walmart etc and noticed that the best times to daygame are early weekdays from like 9am-12pm. I stopped going on weekends and fridays because women are NEVER alone during those times and I could never find approachable women. I haven't tried going late like after 7pm so I cannot comment on that, but I will try soon.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just a random observation for you Dallas daygamers...

I mostly daygame in super markets and huge department stores like kroger, target, walmart etc and noticed that the best times to daygame are early weekdays from like 9am-12pm. I stopped going on weekends and fridays because women are NEVER alone during those times and I could never find approachable women. I haven't tried going late like after 7pm so I cannot comment on that, but I will try soon.
I have noticed women alone in grocery stores and huge department stores (Walmart/Target). I was in a grocery store last night and saw a woman alone who was an 8. Over the years, my grocery store gaming has mainly been done on weekends at almost every time possible on weekends.

When you talk about huge department stores, are you daygaming Home Depot or Lowe's? Or are you just talking Walmart, Target, Sam's Club, and Costco?

I have never daygamed on a weekday in a grocery store or department store during the 9 am - 12 pm hours. I'm very interested.

Steno

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have noticed women alone in grocery stores and huge department stores (Walmart/Target). I was in a grocery store last night and saw a woman alone who was an 8. Over the years, my grocery store gaming has mainly been done on weekends at almost every time possible on weekends.

When you talk about huge department stores, are you daygaming Home Depot or Lowe's? Or are you just talking Walmart, Target, Sam's Club, and Costco?

I have never daygamed on a weekday in a grocery store or department store during the 9 am - 12 pm hours. I'm very interested.
I haven't tried Home Depot or Lowe's I just assumed women don't go there but one of these days I will check because theres a Home Depot really close to me. I frequent Barnes & Noble often since I am a book worm but its always empty and I have yet to see an attractive woman shopping there, there are 2 locations that I go to and both suck.

I went today (Sunday) from like 12pm-3pm to 4 different stores (2 walmarts and 2 targets) and there was only 1 approachable woman in that whole time span. It sucks that on weekends girls are always out with someone, and those are the days that I have the most time to wander around. Last Tuesday and Thursday I had to stop at Walmart to pick up a few quick groceries, I went around 9ish to 10am both days and there was at least 4 attractive women shopping alone each day, and mind you I was only there for 10 minutes max since I was genuinely shopping and not trying to approach women.

The only place where theres always an absurd amount of women regardless of what time you go is Marshall or TJ Max but the women are always in the womens section and its awkward approaching women there imo. Whoever has the balls to do it please try it and tell us how it goes. Those are the only 2 stores near me that are always crowded and always FLOODED with women.

For the next 2 weeks I will go to Target and Walmart from Monday-Thursday at 10/11ish just to test and see if the pattern holds true or if it was a fluke, might pop in late after 8pm too just to scope it out.