Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Gotta lose 40lb + gain muscle

RBK

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Keto can speed this along... get your diet in check. Figure out your maintenance calories and drop that number down so you are at a defecit. Eat 1/g of protein per body weight daily. Avoid processed sugary carbs (think white bread). Drink water all damn day. (8-10 cups).

Testosterone can help too at your age but a proper diet and lifting routine is where you should start. Get your form right then start lifting heavy.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
easy quick rules:
1. Only eat between sunrise and sunset
2. If you can eat small meals every 2.5 hours waking - no larger than your fist.
3. If 2 doesn’t work, prepare your plate of food then remove 25% of it.
4. Go Paleo/Keto meat and vegetables, only dressing on salad a homemade vinaigrette or lemon and salt and pepper.
5. No grains, nothing white in your diet.
6. Exercise to start 3x a week for no more than 45 minutes then add time and workouts as you progress.
7. Sleep 8 hours minimum
8. Stop alcohol
9. 15 minutes on a spin bike 150 HR SUSTAINED daily you’ll get there..takes time.

get a basic male hormone panel done.

That’s what I can think of for now

jaygreenb

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
easy quick rules:
1. Only eat between sunrise and sunset
2. If you can eat small meals every 2.5 hours waking - no larger than your fist.
3. If 2 doesn’t work, prepare your plate of food then remove 25% of it.
4. Go Paleo/Keto meat and vegetables, only dressing on salad a homemade vinaigrette or lemon and salt and pepper.
5. No grains, nothing white in your diet.
6. Exercise to start 3x a week for no more than 45 minutes then add time and workouts as you progress.
7. Sleep 8 hours minimum
8. Stop alcohol
9. 15 minutes on a spin bike 150 HR SUSTAINED daily you’ll get there..takes time.

get a basic male hormone panel done.

That’s what I can think of for now
Alcohol is a big one. When I cut that out for around 6months, results moved exponentially faster.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I can do this, just want to do it quicker. Any tips from the Chads here?
Yeah, don’t set out to do it quickly. 40 lbs is no joke.

IMO, start with a 3-4 month basic barbell strength training program such as Stronglifts 5X5. This builds some underlying functional muscle and coordination.

After that, pick up a consistent cardio program and do that 5 days per week. Do it for 6 months or so.

You want to start with muscle building first, as that has metabolic benefits. Doing all cardio from the jump creates a skinny fat template.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Keto can speed this along... get your diet in check. Figure out your maintenance calories and drop that number down so you are at a defecit. Eat 1/g of protein per body weight daily. Avoid processed sugary carbs (think white bread). Drink water all damn day. (8-10 cups).

Testosterone can help too at your age but a proper diet and lifting routine is where you should start. Get your form right then start lifting heavy.
Carb cycling will give you all the benefits of keto with none of the drawbacks like loss of strength and flat muscles.

Highly recommend carb cycling over keto.

Stuffnu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sugar is the mother of all evils. Read labels before you digest.
Then incorporate some of the good advice on here.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Sugar is the mother of all evils. Read labels before you digest.
Then incorporate some of the good advice on here.
There is nothing inherently evil in and of itself, only when it is consumed in excess. That being said, sugar is something that can be very easy to consume large quantities of without even thinking just by eating a typical Western diet.

The best diet advice I was ever given was also the simplest. Focus on eating one ingredient foods and you'll pretty much be OK.

Broccoli has one ingredient. Itself. Oatmeal has one ingredient. Itself. Sweet Potato has one ingredient. Itself.

Follow that advice and your diet will clean itself up without much thinking or work.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Also the fastest way to lose weight quickly by sparing as much muscle as possible is to incorporate some form of fasting.

I used to drop 30-35 lbs in about 6-7 weeks every spring for several years by using hormones and fasting to optimally boost fat burning.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
Dude wants to drop 40lbs ditching grains and carbs low is the fastest way. Without exogenous testosterone or analogs it took me a few years to do it and replace it with muscle.

200lbs@34%
vs
200lbs@10-12%

I replaced about 35+ lbs of fat with 35lb of muscle, again took a few years but I was post 35…

Carb cycling will give you all the benefits of keto with none of the drawbacks like loss of strength and flat muscles.

Highly recommend carb cycling over keto.

Last edited:

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Dude wants to drop 40lbs ditching grains and carbs low is the fastest way. Without exogenous testosterone or analogs it took me a few years to do it and replace it with muscle.

200lbs@34%
vs
200lbs@10-12%

I replaced about 35+ lbs of fat with 35lb of muscle, again took a few years but I was post 35…
Actually the fastest way is via incorporating fasting and optimizing your hormones to burn fat. Could accomplish this in under 8 weeks easily.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
Actually the fastest way is via incorporating fasting and optimizing your hormones to burn fat. Could accomplish this in under 8 weeks easily.
I’d love to see evidence of it. Losing weight too quickly can be hard on the body too. I think 5lbs a week is pushing it might be sustainable for a couple weeks but would slow exponentially 3rd week on.

Last edited:
Reactions: RBK

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I also think that it’s the easiest way to incorporate it into the lifestyle no matter what comes up as opposed to eating 5 to 6 meals a day.

RBK

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I’d love to see evidence of it. Losing weight too quickly can be hard on the body too. I think 5lbs a week is pushing it might be sustainable for a couple weeks but would slow exponentially 3rd week on.
Agreed, 40lbs in 8 weeks aint happening in any sort of healthy manner.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
I did it personally every year for about 6 or 7 years where I would bulk up during the winter and then cut in the spring. Ended up perfecting it for myself and would routinely lose 25 lbs in 4 weeks, then it would take a few extra weeks to get the final 10 lbs.

People can lose weight far quicker than they think, 2 lbs a week that is parroted by everyone is pretty much unoptimized.

It went like this:

Day 1: Cheat Day-no restrictions on calories, eat whatever you want(and I mean whatever...some days were more than 10K calories). Heavy leg workout

Day 2: 24-36 hour fast. Water/coffee/tea only. No milk or sugar allowed. Workout chest

Day 3: Normal Day, maintenance calories. No workout or cardio

Day 4: Normal Day, 300-500 calories over maintenance. Workout Back.

Day 5: 24-36 hour fast. Water/coffee/tea only. No milk or sugar. Workout Arms

Day 6: Normal Day, maintenance calories. No workout or cardio

Day 7: Normal Day, maintenance calories, but eat all calories by 2pm(feeding window ends at 2pm) then fast until the next day which is the cheat day as you cycle back through. No workout or cardio/Pilates/yoga

So why does this work so well? It optimizes your hormones to want to burn fat. Most people try to cut calories and then wonder why their body tries to hold onto every ounce of fat. It's because your body does NOT want to lose fat. It's like it's savings account for tough times ahead it thinks it will have to endure with lack of food. For most people that doesn't occur, but your body doesn't know there are 24/7 grocery stores and restaurants open that you can go and eat anytime you are hungry.

The cheat day resets Leptin levels to 100%, which is your body's fat burning thermometer and revs your thyroid up to burn fat optimally. You lift heavy legs to minimize the damage done(which since it's a single day, is not much anyway). This is then followed by a fast day which helps torch fat...the cycle of normal days with slightly higher and lower calories help keep the body off balance so it never knows what is coming and then another fast day is added in later in the week. The fast starting at 2pm heading into chest day also helped blunt the effect of the cheat day. The two fasts a week basically are burning pure fat as they release huge pulses of growth hormone that helps spare muscle in the short term and also help down regulate the body's ability to store fat when overeating. So when you have your chest day, not only does it help by resetting fat brining hormones to their optimal levels, your body is not able to store fat as well as it normally would...it takes about 3 days of overeating to switch those back to optimal fat storage. Since it's only a day and then it's right back to maintenance or slightly above, the body never is allowed to enter that mode.

So how did a typical week go for me?

Gained 3 lbs after cheat day. Lost 3 lbs after the fast day. Was even going into day 3 which is where the magic would happen. Between Day 3 and Day 1 of the next cycle I would lose 6-8 lbs a week. Usually most at the beginning and then it would taper down from there...so like

Week 1: 7-8 lbs
Week2: 6-7 lbs
Week 3 and 4: 5-6 lbs
Week 5: 4 lbs
Week 6: 2 lbs
Week 7: 2 lbs

Last edited:

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
thank you for the detailed response. Were you on gear?

I did it personally every year for about 6 or 7 years where I would bulk up during the winter and then cut in the spring. Ended up perfecting it for myself and would routinely lose 25 lbs in 4 weeks, then it would take a few extra weeks to get the final 10 lbs.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
thank you for the detailed response. Were you on gear?
At that time no. Just TRT with my levels around 800.

I tried gear previous to that but my body could never handle it. Even just on high Testosterone my blood pressure would shoot up through the roof and my heart would race a lot...and that was taking every precaution I could...making sure estradiol stayed in line, taking everything natural possible to lower blood pressure, etc...my body just wasn't cut out for it.

Actually kinda envious of people who can run it without many sides.

Last edited:

RBK

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You've been brainwashed to believe this, but it simply isn't true.
Haven't been brainwashed by anything, I've lifted for 20 years. I'm 5'10 180 and 12% bf and lean. There is no way a 43 year old man without test is losing that weight and adding muscle with no prior gym training. Not to mention I'd say less than 1/10 guys who attempt this don't have the will or want to complete it.

I think a combination of intermitent fasting, a massive diet change and heavy lifting with 200mg of test a week this might be possible.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Haven't been brainwashed by anything, I've lifted for 20 years. I'm 5'10 180 and 12% bf and lean. There is no way a 43 year old man without test is losing that weight and adding muscle with no prior gym training. Not to mention I'd say less than 1/10 guys who attempt this don't have the will or want to complete it.

I think a combination of intermitent fasting, a massive diet change and heavy lifting with 200mg of test a week this might be possible.
Actually, surprisingly no prior gym training would be a benefit in this situation as his gains for the first 2-3 months would far surpass a person who trained regularly until they hit the wall where the body becomes accustomed to it.

The more muscle you gain and the more the body becomes accustomed to lifting, the less muscle gets broken down and the harder it is to gain more. You should know this having lifted for 20 years, it's basic physiology.

Same with protein...people think as they get bigger their body needs more protein when it really needs less since it's become hyper-efficient at using it and they are breaking down less and less muscle.

I had a lot of experience with lifting but the fact remains it certainly is possible at that age as I did this from the age of 38-45 every single year. Looking back I realize how idiotic it was to bulk and then cut since I ended up in pretty much the same place but better late than never in terms of figuring that out.

The cheat day greatly helps with cravings and allows the body to refeed and not have any chance to even think it's starving. I used to look forward to that day and literally plan it out...ice cream in the morning, taco bell for lunch, pizza for dinner...it was an all out food day.

He asked for the fastest way to accomplish it and I gave it to him. Is it difficult? Somewhat, but once you start seeing the results after the first week it starts becoming a lot easier...