Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Observations on this forum

Plinco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm sure I'm not the only one who has noticed this. Whenever people complain about about something, people generally agree on what the problems are. Whenever members give newbies basic advice, people generally agree on basic concepts. However, whenever an abstract solution gets hammered out, that's when some members get at each others throats. Is this a result of different philosophies? Different cognitive preferences?

Is there a way to solve this problem or is this a permanent feature of this forum?

jimwho

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Describe a hammered out abstract solution, << Oxymoron. I think?

Willie Naylor

Banned
Reaction score
I'm sure I'm not the only one who has noticed this. Whenever people complain about about something, people generally agree on what the problems are. Whenever members give newbies basic advice, people generally agree on basic concepts. However, whenever an abstract solution gets hammered out, that's when some members get at each others throats. Is this a result of different philosophies? Different cognitive preferences?

Is there a way to solve this problem or is this a permanent feature of this forum?
I say all the time, even to my real-life friends, when people ask for advice, they're looking for 'advice' that aligns with how they feel about the situation.

People are only interested in what they WANT to hear. Nobody's interested in hearing what they NEED to hear.

Plinco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Describe a hammered out abstract solution, << Oxymoron. I think?
Explained by the poster, not always clear to the reader. Maybe hammered out is not the correct term.

Plinco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I say all the time, even to my real-life friends, when people ask for advice, they're looking for 'advice' that aligns with how they feel about the situation.

People are only interested in what they WANT to hear. Nobody's interested in hearing what they NEED to hear.
This is true in many cases

mjb3617

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think the problem stems from the fact a lot of men don't want to do the hard work of really looking at themselves and making a change. Believing that a change needs to happen and taking action is much harder than asking for advice to make themselves feel better.

Accepting the true reality of the world we live in and doing the deep work of improving oneself is the hardest pill to swallow for a lot of guys.

Plinco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think the problem stems from the fact a lot of men don't want to do the hard work of really looking at themselves and making a change. Believing that a change needs to happen and taking action is much harder than asking for advice to make themselves feel better.

Accepting the true reality of the world we live in and doing the deep work of improving oneself is the hardest pill to swallow for a lot of guys.
This is true in many cases.

People also have a tendency to project themselves when giving advice too. I'm guilty of that.

Zimbabwe

Banned
Reaction score
This is human nature and you can't really change that, this forum has a lot of really good advice you just need to do some digging.

Epicenter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

There might be many ways to solve the issue. For example you only are allowed to post if you meditated 20 minutes already.

Mostly we post to rant not to make reasonable contributions.

Another approach is to get at things scientifically and artistically. That way the post does not come from a egoistical standpoint.

Emotional control and humor can help.

So improve yourself and you will improve the forum or so.

mjb3617

Don Juan
Reaction score
This is true in many cases.

People also have a tendency to project themselves when giving advice too. I'm guilty of that.
So am I. I've only been on my RP journey for about 8 months so I'll still freshly unplugged. I was BP for all of my life and unplugged late in life. I'm 35.

However, in that span of time, I've learned a lot about myself and what I need to work on. It's not easy and the goal is to be better than you were yesterday. Slow progress is better than no progress at all.

I'm by no means an expert on the subject, but I can confidently say the deep work required to truly improve yourself is the most critical to success.

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Explained by the poster, not always clear to the reader. Maybe hammered out is not the correct term.
I think you've answered your own question. Abstract points are unclear by definition and thus subject to multiple interpretations.