Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

1000 approaches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam_J

Don Juan
Reaction score
Success rates are subjective. How you view success is different than the next person. I say you having the cojones to cold approach and having a meaningful conversation (regardless of contact or no contact) is a success. That is much farther than most men that too intimated to cold approach.

Getting a contact is a very relative success as most women will give out their contact without a genuine intention to connect further.

However, getting the 1st date out of that cold approach is a sure success (regardless of 2nd or 3rd date). Because that means that whatever conversation you had was meaningful enough to intrigue her imagination and interest in making the effort to get to know you.

Now going back to how I started, just having the cojones to cold approach, perfecting your "game", building that confidence is a success within of itself.

The bottom line is that nowadays is so hard to connect with a stranger that we simply don't dare to have a conversation without having an agenda and that it is a numbers game. Just accumulate those numbers with the mentality that you are learning not that you are going to get laid. But that is just me.

Modern Man Advice
Thanks, I definitely need to work more on it for sure tho, still lots of anxiety and embarassment around approaching sometimes.

Modern Man Advice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks, I definitely need to work more on it for sure tho, still lots of anxiety and embarassment around approaching sometimes.
It's normal. Even professional musicians get nervous before going on stage. It's what makes life exciting. But the anxiety will eventually go down and die off the more you do it.

The key is to remember that every human you see on the streets is just like you. Never put anyone (especially a girl) on a pedestal. They are not above you or below you. Forget their looks, their cars/house/etc, forget their attitude, they are normal human beings and you will always have something in common and something of value.

If it helps, make it a game. See every person as a surprise box, be excited about what is in that box. Because something in that box can add value to you as a human being and as a man. Make it a game to find out what that is.

Modern Man Advice

Josh Davidson

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Approaches 1 & 2: Tonight I went to the bar by my house and approached two women; asking each of them if they were single. Neither one was. I would have asked them for their phone numbers if they were. They were the only two women in this small bar worth approaching. I also saw (and she saw me, but neither of us talked tonight, and I don't expect us to) the woman whose phone number I got on St. Patrick's Day, and when I tried to meet up with her she eventually texted "I'll let you know". (She just ignored me tonight; she was talking to a female friend of her's who looked [just] ok, but I assumed the woman who gave me the "I'll let you know" text would have sabotaged any attempts of mine to get with her friend.)

Last edited:

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
These women you approach. Are they on their smartphones? Do you think that's affecting your closing ratio, especially if they are plugged into dating apps and social media?

Josh Davidson

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
These women you approach. Are they on their smartphones? Do you think that's affecting your closing ratio, especially if they are plugged into dating apps and social media?
The women were not on smartphones. I did 100 approaches once within a year and only got 1 phone number! I would have thought I would have gotten more since about 15 of them were single.

Mister_Skinny_Jeanz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Social media is bullshiit. Phone numbers are the only acceptable form of communication.
idk bout that, i get the IG first , asking a random chick for her phone number works out rarely , she has to have an insane IL

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
idk bout that, i get the IG first , asking a random chick for her phone number works out rarely , she has to have an insane IL
I've been asking for phone numbers for over 20 years. No issues at any point in time.

The women were not on smartphones. I did 100 approaches once within a year and only got 1 phone number! I would have thought I would have gotten more since about 15 of them were single.
If you're doing shiity, uncalibrated approaches, that can happen. Also possible if aiming high without demonstrating any value.

Mister_Skinny_Jeanz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been asking for phone numbers for over 20 years. No issues at any point in time.

If you're doing shiity, uncalibrated approaches, that can happen. Also possible if aiming high without demonstrating any value.
it is what is, i get girls ig all the time , and then get the number , meeting one today she is texting me right now

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
100 approaches in 1 year works out to roughly two approaches a week, unless you did it at one time at a huge gathering/social/party and you only went once in a year? Either way that doesn't sound like a high number of approaches, and I can see that its a low number.

If you approached 6 women per day in a year that would be 2, 190 approaches. If the first two approaches are warm-ups then you are really focusing on 2-3 quality approaches each day which would work out to hopefully 730 quality approaches and 730 daily warm-ups. Assuming you are on a learning curve and adapting then you should start seeing improved numbers.

Now the question, is can you generate a volume of that many women to approach (i.e. 4-6 women per day) using day-game without using too much of your time? Are you going to just be approaching hot women or any women? Are you wearing your best clothing and bringing on your A-game when you are doing these approaches? Watching a motivating youtube video of seeing other guys approach women? Are you going to fit it into your schedule so you have a consistent effort (ie block off 2 hours a day for approaches at XYZ location, etc....)? Would you have a journal so you can go over what you did, and what you could do better next time?

So I think there is allot of things you can do to improve your numbers. If I had the time to do this myself, I think it would be interesting to do something like that. If you have all this time and no tie-downs then you have the potential to have a great year with this.

Plinco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Success rates are subjective. How you view success is different than the next person.
Had to get this off my chest. It is not subjective, it is objective because it is contextual.

Modern Man Advice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Had to get this off my chest. It is not subjective, it is objective because it is contextual.
I can see why you are saying that and you are actually not wrong. However, what an accomplished man can pull will be different from what a not so accomplished man can pull. The former would consider getting her in bed success, the ladder simply getting the number success. The two subjects are simply on two different levels of accomplishment.

You can't simply deny someone new to the "game" having the courage to talk (IRL) to women of calling that a success. The same goes for so many different concepts, happiness, wealth, or even God. We all experience those things in a very intimate and personal manner. That is why I referred it as subjective.

But again, I 100% get what you are saying in the greater scheme of things.

Modern Man Advice

Josh Davidson

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Approach 3: I went to the bar by my house and approached a woman. I asked her if she was single, and she said: No.

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"Hi, I like that dress on you" , "That's an interesting..." Maybe something observant... One of my most positive interactions involved c0cky/funny.

I was in line behind this woman on Valentines day. She had a bouquet of flowers in her hand. I said "Aren't you the one that's supposed to be getting flowers today?"... She laughed and said "They're for my mom". I replied with "Ahhh... getting your dad out of the dog house again huh?" She replied with "Yeah, I'm saving his butt." She ended up eye fvcking the hell out of me by the end of the conversation, but she was married, and this was my first approach since becoming hypergamy aware. I didn't know how to smoothly open the door to adultery.

Status
Not open for further replies.