"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

Living Alone

2Rocky

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 13, 2016
Messages
2,444
Reaction score
2,738
Age
52
Really focus on self improvement via projects. When I divorced I was in the middle of a home remodel. The deadlines and demolition really gave me focus and an outlet for frustration. Soon I was craving the need to BUILD and CREATE something.

If you have been considering it now is a good time to get a dog. It's something to nurture and not be self centered or wallow in pity.

Make exercise a daily thing. Sweat for at least 30 minutes and raise your heartrate 6 days a week. Strength and cardio both.

Cancel your TV service. Resist the temptation to binge watch series on streaming channels.

Read books
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Guitar_Whizz

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 22, 2002
Messages
1,012
Reaction score
211
Location
UK
You need to embrace being alone instead of being afraid of it. A man can accomplish a lot of 5hit when he doesn't have a woman tying him down. When you don't have a live-in GF, you can focus more on projects, hobbies, and bringing multiple girls to your place to fvck.
Yes, exactly what I think! I've lived alone for years and love it. I've made tons of progress on my goals, and as you say, can bring girls over to hook up with when I want. I could never imagine living with a girlfriend or wife, it would be a huge backwards step. I think living alone is the best bet for men who want to achieve a lot in life and pursue multiple women.
 

RickTheToad

Moderator
Joined
Apr 21, 2018
Messages
6,603
Reaction score
5,138
Location
Bridgeport, CT
Hi guys.

I'm 26, coming out of 7 yr LTR and about to buy myself an apartment.

Having not lived alone, but planning to live alone for at least 9 years when I hit 35, could you guys share your experiences of living alone. I guess my main conceRn is loneliness (though I am am hardcore introvert who likes his own company).
I always liked living alone too. When I was married, my wife was annoying and I never had much space. The GF is itching to move in, but I kinda dread it as I'd lose my alone time. Once you live alone for over a decade, it may be hard for you to live with someone else. So, prob. only do it for a few years and then reevaluate.
 

BackInTheGame78

Moderator
Joined
Sep 10, 2014
Messages
16,863
Reaction score
19,086
Hi guys.

I'm 26, coming out of 7 yr LTR and about to buy myself an apartment.

Having not lived alone, but planning to live alone for at least 9 years when I hit 35, could you guys share your experiences of living alone. I guess my main conceRn is loneliness (though I am am hardcore introvert who likes his own company).
Just because you are alone doesn't mean you need to be lonely. A lot of it is just a state of mind.
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

Max Baker

Don Juan
Joined
Apr 8, 2020
Messages
78
Reaction score
96
Age
48
Location
Melbourne, AUS
I lived alone for 6 years and i loved it. Then my ex moved in. Although it was good having some company and sex of course, i found that i lost my sanctuary, freedom and at times sanity. I am more of an independent person.

Fast forward to today, i sold that house, built another one and live in that now alone. I've told my current girlfriend that we won't be moving in together for the foreseeable future. She just built a house as well and agrees. It's a good deal, as it allows me to bring over other chicks too.

So OP enjoy it, you will gain valuable experience from it.
 

redskinsfan92

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 18, 2018
Messages
1,827
Reaction score
1,459
Age
34
Hi guys.

I'm 26, coming out of 7 yr LTR and about to buy myself an apartment.

Having not lived alone, but planning to live alone for at least 9 years when I hit 35, could you guys share your experiences of living alone. I guess my main conceRn is loneliness (though I am am hardcore introvert who likes his own company).
You have no one to blame when something goes missing. Other than that it can be nice. I lived alone for a bit. Lonely? Nah. You just go hangout with friends or family when lonely.
 

manfrombelow

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 28, 2021
Messages
1,715
Reaction score
2,208
Age
37
Just because you are alone doesn't mean you need to be lonely. A lot of it is just a state of mind.
I lived alone for 6 years and i loved it. Then my ex moved in. Although it was good having some company and sex of course, i found that i lost my sanctuary, freedom and at times sanity.
Believe me bro, I know damn well what you mean by "sanity". I have been there as well.
 
Top