Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Do men have friendzones?

CoandaEffect

Don Juan
Reaction score
We always talk about friendzones like only women have them, but don’t men have them as well? Aren’t there women in your life that you are friends with but that you don’t want to sleep with?

I have two women right now that are chasing me, they are friends but I will not sleep with them, they just don’t do it for me and they are in my FZ.

It seems to me that if you have someone in your FZ and you are in hers then she is a true platonic friend. The problem comes when you are in her FZ but she is not in yours or vice versa.

True platonic friends are actually very valuable assets, for example, they have girl friends that they will introduce you to.

Any thought?

Bigpapa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
We always talk about friendzones like only women have them, but don’t men have them as well? Aren’t there women in your life that you are friends with but that you don’t want to sleep with?

I have two women right now that are chasing me, they are friends but I will not sleep with them, they just don’t do it for me and they are in my FZ.

It seems to me that if you have someone in your FZ and you are in hers then she is a true platonic friend. The problem comes when you are in her FZ but she is not in yours or vice versa.

True platonic friends are actually very valuable assets, for example, they have girl friends that they will introduce you to.

Any thought?
friendzone for both men and women means that s/he likes you ( either as a person , either because they want something from you ) but not enough to have sex with you

as A summary friendzone exists either because you as a guy are stupid , either because she is ugly

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It is possible for a man to have a female friend if he's not at all attracted to her. It probably won't be a close friend though.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Any thought?
I've fvcked most of my female friends. So we had a period of relations or had relationships. The reason I can or have fvcked most of my female friends is because I LIKED them as people and was not USING them. We admired each other and happened to have physical attraction.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
All my female friends were goodlooking enough for to want to kiss them but not enough to have sex with.

Anyway the friendzone doesnt work the same for men and women.

Guys get into the FZ when they are worth in terms of personality but not in looks, girls get into the Fvck Buddy zone when they are worth in terms of look but not in terms of personality.

For any hottie that keeps a beta in her friendzone, there is an alpha that keeps a sloot as a fvck buddy.

Epimanes

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes..... my last "plate" i realized i wasnt attracted to her to keep fkn her... she was head over heals tho... my new gf is a keeper and im going with that til likely for a long time coming.. but the plate i had before.. i still liked her as a friend... took me a while to realize that kissin her felt more like i was kissin my sister... i have no issues hanging out with her doing normal things.. but sexual there wasnt any chemistry... im still friends with her to this day and new gf even knows i am ... but its plain as day im not attracted to her... new gf has no issues with me being her friend and we have even had a pub night with her so gf could see and understand why i have the position i do.. the plate is definitely being an orbiter though just in case...

So yes... guys have friend zones too

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alpha Male men not only have female orbiters but also Beta Male orbiters that they can meet females through as well, this network that exists isn't talked about often because people call it cucking, but it's really just nature at work, cucking is when there is emotional attachment.

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Explain. More info. Never heard it said that way.
Biologically cucking is a symmetrical. A guy has the sole risk of being cucked and raising others offspring but not vice versa.
Im interested in what you mean by that statement
A plate doesn't stop spinning for no reason, there is a reason and that reason is another option. Every time a plate breaks, we don't look at it as cucking because we are not attached.

Your wife is just another plate at the end of the day.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There was actually a piece of research that found most male female friendships existed because one side wanted to fvck the other side, but was not able to communicate or accomplish that goal. The other side of the friendship tended to be oblivious.

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've fvcked most of my female friends. So we had a period of relations or had relationships. The reason I can or have fvcked most of my female friends is because I LIKED them as people and was not USING them. We admired each other and happened to have physical attraction.
Anytime I’ve been friendzoned it was because she found me very unattractive. I was there to be used. She couldn’t give a **** about me as a person.

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Any thought?
The problem is that women are professionals a manipulating men. They are experts at using guys that want to have sex with them - getting them to pay for things, do favours for them etc or just using them for attention whilst deliberately giving mixed signals to keep them on the hook. Men are generally a lot more straightforward - if we're not attracted to a woman, we don't see any value in pretending to be attracted and leading them on.

CoandaEffect

Don Juan
Reaction score
There was actually a piece of research that found most male female friendships existed because one side wanted to fvck the other side, but was not able to communicate or accomplish that goal. The other side of the friendship tended to be oblivious.
That’s interesting. I have a female friend I’ve known for 18 years. She’s a great friend but I have no romantic interest at all. Over the years there have been a few cases where she did or said something that made me think she wanted to take things further. I just wasn’t interested so I let the moment pass.

It seems to me that most women try to escalate things in a way that they can plausibly deny later.

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The idea that this should be explained to a DJ.
Secs should be good with any girl. Your wife is exclusive but she should know in her social circle that you can have other options. Not that you act on it.
You choose to be exclusive.

Not every man lives this way.
Well, let's recognize what a successful marriage is first, thoughts?

OldComeBacker

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've tried the "friends" thing with women, but it never seems to work. Sometimes if I know 100% I am not attracted to them and never could be. I think it's very rare that both parties are not attracted to the other, even if one or both are in denial.

On that point specifically, I have never had a female friend who would introduce me to other women. I've had some who would get agitated and try to change the subject (or demean the other women) if I even mentioned another woman. They all wanted me for themselves and would fight over me, even though nothing romantic or sensual is going on (in some cases they would be the ones insisting they don't want me or aren't attracted to me). Some are just attention hos I guess. I had one friend who would always say something like "F--- that B----, but don't" whenever I would mention any other women. She wouldn't introduce me to any but would have no problem telling me women I should not "date" or date. I had to drop her as a friend.

I know PUAs and others try to spin this as a good reason to have women friends or somewhat accept the friend zone (It's cool, if they don't want you they will have no problem introducing you and vouching for you with other women), but in my experience women will try to monopolize your attention at best, and at worst expect you to be their emotional tampon while providing nothing of value to you.

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've tried the "friends" thing with women, but it never seems to work. Sometimes if I know 100% I am not attracted to them and never could be. I think it's very rare that both parties are not attracted to the other, even if one or both are in denial.

On that point specifically, I have never had a female friend who would introduce me to other women. I've had some who would get agitated and try to change the subject (or demean the other women) if I even mentioned another woman. They all wanted me for themselves and would fight over me, even though nothing romantic or sensual is going on (in some cases they would be the ones insisting they don't want me or aren't attracted to me). Some are just attention hos I guess. I had one friend who would always say something like "F--- that B----, but don't" whenever I would mention any other women. She wouldn't introduce me to any but would have no problem telling me women I should not "date" or date. I had to drop her as a friend.

I know PUAs and others try to spin this as a good reason to have women friends or somewhat accept the friend zone (It's cool, if they don't want you they will have no problem introducing you and vouching for you with other women), but in my experience women will try to monopolize your attention at best, and at worst expect you to be their emotional tampon while providing nothing of value to you.
PUA’s only try to sell the friendzone as good because they think they can sell you books and bull**** on “how to get out of the friendzone” and you’ll waste your time listening to them about what to do and it ain’t gonna work. So you come back and pay some more hoping THIS time it will work. To hell with women friends. Get a dog or make friends with guys.

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Advice from the old lady:

Yes. Men have friendzones. Yes men & women can be friends. Yes it is unusual to a degree...but if you are cool then it’s cool.

I have a close circle of female friends and a close circle of male friends. My male friends are all handsome, experienced with women and a blast to be around. Great friendships are rooted in respect and boundaries just like great relationships are, there just isn’t sex in the equation.

I wing for my male friends all the time...and they wing for me too. One is dating now for 2+ years a girlfriend of mine & I introduced them. I’ll wing for my ex husband (and I’ve been out before with my boyfriend and my ex husband & introducing my ex husband to women...it’s been fine & actually makes for entertaining conversation for all involved.)

You can’t be insecure or wanting something more. From either side (male or female). I have dated a couple of my guy friends in years past...and things were cool when it didn’t work out. I’m not a fvck buddy kind of woman (boundaries) and my previous dates (who were never promoted to boyfriend) move on to date others just as I do. One of my closest guy friends is best mates with a guy I went on a few dates with. I learned the guy I was starting to date wanted the chance to be a father one day...I cannot accommodate that (I’m fixed, too old for babies, not interested) so I quit dating him to let him find a younger woman who he might father children with. Great, great guy. He had a girlfriend that I met & liked until that fell apart, recently he’s dating somebody his best mate really likes...Ive not yet met her, but in time I’m sure I will....

In a little bit I’m headed to meet one of my male buddies for coffee. I had a fantastic date last night & he was out with a date as well...so we are going to get caught up on the weekend goings on we’ve each had...

A friend is someone you enjoy spending time with at the end of the day. True friendships don’t involve sex. Just companionship and enjoyment. My male friends do not lack for sex at all.

I do not retain orbiters. Orbiters drive me nuts. Part of the reason I hang with playboys is precisely because they are NOT orbiters...and most of these guys keep a fan club of fvck buddies (which I will not be)...so it’s great. Nobody is orbiting, we wing for each other, everybody is attractive, it’s quite a blast actually.

Cheers Gents

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Advice from the old lady:

Yes. Men have friendzones. Yes men & women can be friends. Yes it is unusual to a degree...but if you are cool then it’s cool.

I have a close circle of female friends and a close circle of male friends. My male friends are all handsome, experienced with women and a blast to be around. Great friendships are rooted in respect and boundaries just like great relationships are, there just isn’t sex in the equation.

I wing for my male friends all the time...and they wing for me too. One is dating now for 2+ years a girlfriend of mine & I introduced them. I’ll wing for my ex husband (and I’ve been out before with my boyfriend and my ex husband & introducing my ex husband to women...it’s been fine & actually makes for entertaining conversation for all involved.)

You can’t be insecure or wanting something more. From either side (male or female). I have dated a couple of my guy friends in years past...and things were cool when it didn’t work out. I’m not a fvck buddy kind of woman (boundaries) and my previous dates (who were never promoted to boyfriend) move on to date others just as I do. One of my closest guy friends is best mates with a guy I went on a few dates with. I learned the guy I was starting to date wanted the chance to be a father one day...I cannot accommodate that (I’m fixed, too old for babies, not interested) so I quit dating him to let him find a younger woman who he might father children with. Great, great guy. He had a girlfriend that I met & liked until that fell apart, recently he’s dating somebody his best mate really likes...Ive not yet met her, but in time I’m sure I will....

In a little bit I’m headed to meet one of my male buddies for coffee. I had a fantastic date last night & he was out with a date as well...so we are going to get caught up on the weekend goings on we’ve each had...

A friend is someone you enjoy spending time with at the end of the day. True friendships don’t involve sex. Just companionship and enjoyment. My male friends do not lack for sex at all.

I do not retain orbiters. Orbiters drive me nuts. Part of the reason I hang with playboys is precisely because they are NOT orbiters...and most of these guys keep a fan club of fvck buddies (which I will not be)...so it’s great. Nobody is orbiting, we wing for each other, everybody is attractive, it’s quite a blast actually.

Cheers Gents
You winging for your guy friends is an exception to the rule. 90% of the time female friends won’t do that for their male friends. I’ve tried to accept the friendzone a couple times on my life but it’s just not for me. I’m not a friendzone type of guy, I’m a relationship type of guy. That’s where my personality and game shine, I have an ex from 5 years ago who’s now married recently hitting me up. It’s been fun going back over old times and things we wished we’d done different, but she’s not happy in her marriage and she’s been reaching out to me for reasons I’m not sure. Female friends I’ve had in the past, when they ran their course that was it. They never came back and I don’t go chasing after them. I’m just not a platonic friend kinda guy. If I want fun without sex I have my guy friends for that, but I need sex and me befriending a woman does nothing for me. That sounds harsh and I’ve been called a sexist many times but I’m just not comfortable in platonic friendships with females. I need to be around females that desire me and find me attractive, it’s an ego thing I guess.

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You winging for your guy friends is an exception to the rule. 90% of the time female friends won’t do that for their male friends. I’ve tried to accept the friendzone a couple times on my life but it’s just not for me. I’m not a friendzone type of guy, I’m a relationship type of guy. That’s where my personality and game shine, I have an ex from 5 years ago who’s now married recently hitting me up. It’s been fun going back over old times and things we wished we’d done different, but she’s not happy in her marriage and she’s been reaching out to me for reasons I’m not sure. Female friends I’ve had in the past, when they ran their course that was it. They never came back and I don’t go chasing after them. I’m just not a platonic friend kinda guy. If I want fun without sex I have my guy friends for that, but I need sex and me befriending a woman does nothing for me. That sounds harsh and I’ve been called a sexist many times but I’m just not comfortable in platonic friendships with females. I need to be around females that desire me and find me attractive, it’s an ego thing I guess.
That’s perfectly fair. It’s not harsh at all. It’s who you are. My guy friends are who they are and I am who I am. Interpersonal dynamics are not all the same. So your way of being is cool & works for you just as my way of being is cool and works for me.

I love men. Love masculine energy and being around men. Men feel this when I’m around. I hang out with men who love women. They love to be around feminine energy. What that does is create a synergy that is magnetic to others.

But the dynamics that work in my posse are not the same dynamics that work for everybody.