Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Social Media Censorship Insanity

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

user43770

Norwegians has many things going for them, stems from a pretty good system of governance that has produced a highly educated citizenry.

The US on the other hand, I just find them to be highly delusional and not rooted in reality, overall pretty stupid citizenry, and this all probably stems from their overblown sense of privilege.
You globalists are retarded, I swear. You'll cut off your nose to spite your face.

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
I'll tell you what Norway has going for them...

Norwegians. Smart fvcking people.

@Serenity
Refer below, I'll answer both.

You globalists are retarded, I swear. You'll cut off your nose to spite your face.
Speaking of noses...

Do you know, after not brushing ur teeth for a week, that as you walk into a very small room, everyone there can smell ur bad breath.

But ur own nose, which is just right up ur own smelly stinking foul mouth can't even smell it.

I trust you can comprehend this.

Many here won't.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Norway. Our government probably has control over more things than your government has. Watching what happens over in the US reaches a level of absurdity compared to what happens here.
You cant compare a small nation with a civiled homogeneous population and plenty of income from oil to a continent that collects different cultures, ethnicities, religions and has a huge gap between poors and rich and where even middle class citizens have a gap between those in the upper and those in the lower range.

Its no coincidence that the bigger a nation is and the less democratic it becomes, you cant rule millions of different people with nothing in common with white gloves and niceness while at the same time many millions of different citizens cant connect to each other to put pressure and keep in line their government.

There is a reason why in China, Russia, the Us and Brazil the police usually shot people while that doesnt happens in Norway, Latvia, Switerzland or Slovakia.

Serenity

Reaction score
I'll tell you what Norway has going for them...

Norwegians. Smart fvcking people.

@Serenity
Well, it didn't come to be like that by itself.

You cant compare a small nation with a civiled homogeneous population and plenty of income from oil to a continent that collects different cultures, ethnicities, religions and has a huge gap between poors and rich and where even middle class citizens have a gap between those in the upper and those in the lower range.
Same answer really.

But back to censorship and freedom of speech. I only find it to be serious when the government is limiting it, a company does what a company does. If it's unpopular enough they lose money, clearly it's not unpopular enough to remove certain things and they might lose more money if they didn't.

Btw, the state owned TV station routinely makes satire mocking the same politicians who have a say in how much funding the station gets. Most of their sketches are hilarious and incredibly on point, yet you don't have a bunch of politicians trying to shut it down or reduce funding. It kinda says something about our way I think. Censorship isn't a big problem where I'm from and from what I see it's no longer censorship that is the issue in the US, the bigger problem is obfuscation of facts. There's too many alternative "facts".

U

user43770

Yeah, that was the fvcking point I was trying to make.

Norwegians made your country, right?

You talk sh1t about my country, which is easy to do, but you don't know what diversity is like.

You're speaking to me from a glass house, son.

Let your country import millions of non-norwegions. Then get back to me.

U

user43770

Refer below, I'll answer both.

Speaking of noses...

Do you know, after not brushing ur teeth for a week, that as you walk into a very small room, everyone there can smell ur bad breath.

But ur own nose, which is just right up ur own smelly stinking foul mouth can't even smell it.

I trust you can comprehend this.

Many here won't.
You have finally conceded the fact that I'm smarter than you.

About time, spazm.

soulforge

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@soulforge and I would get checked for sleep apnea, if I were you.

Seriously. It's very common, and your having the covid may have just now brought it to light.

It's not just me.. I have spoke to more than 20 people in the last 3 months who have developed sleep issues since getting covid.

This doesn't seem to be your normal type of sleep apnea, where snoring or some obstruction in the throat is causing you to stop breathing.

This seems to be neurological.. I don't even snore.. This has something to do the with the brain or vagus nerve not regulating unconscious breathing.

Serenity

Reaction score
Yeah, that was the fvcking point I was trying to make.

Norwegians made your country, right?

You talk sh1t about my country, which is easy to do, but you don't know what diversity is like.

You're speaking to me from a glass house, son.

Let your country import millions of non-norwegions. Then get back to me.
There is a fundamental difference, I'll admit that. Apart from the natives who have been in your country for a very long time, most of everyone else has at some point been an immigrant. It's mostly Norwegians who have built this country, that is true. A hard-working people who were poor until we found oil, then chose to exploit that resource wisely.

Currently we have 15% immigrants, I won't say it's perfect, but it's going fairly well. While they do bring their culture and religions our system integrates them well and they bring more value overall.

We can't talk millions in a country as small as the one I live in, but we can discuss percentage. A million over a short time would obviously bring us to our knees.
No offense @Serenity. I like a good back and forth
Me too, as long as it's civil and we can agree to disagree if it comes to that. I certainly can accept your position even if I disagree on some or all of it.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Same answer really.

But back to censorship and freedom of speech. I only find it to be serious when the government is limiting it, a company does what a company does. If it's unpopular enough they lose money, clearly it's not unpopular enough to remove certain things and they might lose more money if they didn't.

Btw, the state owned TV station routinely makes satire mocking the same politicians who have a say in how much funding the station gets. Most of their sketches are hilarious and incredibly on point, yet you don't have a bunch of politicians trying to shut it down or reduce funding. It kinda says something about our way I think. Censorship isn't a big problem where I'm from and from what I see it's no longer censorship that is the issue in the US, the bigger problem is obfuscation of facts. There's too many alternative "facts".
You cant really believe that media who moves and involve millions of people dont have governments playing a role in their policies.

Thats basically the main concept of soft power.

Again if you believe you can play it clean in big unstable countries just like in happy oasis like norway or finland, you're kinda naive (which I envy you about cause it means you never dealt with dirt).

Serenity

Reaction score
You cant really believe that media who moves and involve millions of people dont have governments playing a role in their policies.

Thats basically the main concept of soft power.
I get that the government play some roles here, what I don't get is that you guys want to turn over MORE control to that government. If you want to stop their monopoly and make laws about what a social media platform is legally obligated to keep on their platform then the government must play an even bigger role.

You'll have to turn their "soft power" into hard power and hope that the government doesn't abuse it. I don't know about you, but I think that's insanity.

U

user43770

I get that the government play some roles here, what I don't get is that you guys want to turn over MORE control to that government. If you want to stop their monopoly and make laws about what a social media platform is legally obligated to keep on their platform then the government must play an even bigger role.

You'll have to turn their "soft power" into hard power and hope that the government doesn't abuse it. I don't know about you, but I think that's insanity.
I'm saying that a government that runs on the platform of being for the people, might should actually step in when it would benefit the people.

But they never do.

I'm a conservative saying that the government should step in more. That should tell you something.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Im not for government intervention in the free market, what I would suggest in this case you would be enforce open straight guide lines for those media giants.

If they say that "hate speech" gets you banned but they ban only conservative hate speechers while leaving the leftist ones they should be fined.

If they spread fake news they should be asked to prove them or fined, if they ban someone for his opinion but cant show any violation from his side, they should be fined for the denied freedom of speech.

The best thing however would be not to have such monopolies, the point is that governments allowed such companies to get a monopoly position cause they were useful to them.

In no western country media are against big government ask yourself why.

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
You have finally conceded the fact that I'm smarter than you.

About time, spazm.
Hahaha

(BTW you should really wear a mask, seriously, let science, not politics dictate ur actions).

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's not just me.. I have spoke to more than 20 people in the last 3 months who have developed sleep issues since getting covid.

This doesn't seem to be your normal type of sleep apnea, where snoring or some obstruction in the throat is causing you to stop breathing.

This seems to be neurological.. I don't even snore.. This has something to do the with the brain or vagus nerve not regulating unconscious breathing.
I have a sleep tonic I boil some nights that helps me not only sleep, but makes me feel good (or "light") in the morning when I wake up. It's like my sense of touch is increased. I also try to sleep on an incline pillow (paid $400 a couple years ago but now it's $200 :() on my left side. This all coats the organs, increases metabolism, and keeps the acid reflux down out of your esophagus. The Tonic is as follows: apple cider vinager, black pepper, ginger, lemon juice if I have it, honey (liberally), cinnamon, Turmeric (from a capsule broke open dumped in), a tea bag of something or other (no caffeine and optional). I'll bring to a boil, then remove and cover for 10-15 minutes. Also, I'll take a Magnesium Threonate capsule (SmartMag). If all this I cannot do due to time constraints, I'll just take a nyquill knockoff, but just a tiny bit sip to knock me out because I think it's harmful over time. I've got a system in my life. My smoothies are the same for years now.

U

user43770

Hahaha

(BTW you should really wear a mask, seriously, let science, not politics dictate ur actions).
I'll wear a mask, just so I can dramatically take it off and kiss you.

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
Im not for government intervention in the free market, what I would suggest in this case you would be enforce open straight guide lines for those media giants.

If they say that "hate speech" gets you banned but they ban only conservative hate speechers while leaving the leftist ones they should be fined.

If they spread fake news they should be asked to prove them or fined, if they ban someone for his opinion but cant show any violation from his side, they should be fined for the denied freedom of speech.

The best thing however would be not to have such monopolies, the point is that governments allowed such companies to get a monopoly position cause they were useful to them.

In no western country media are against big government ask yourself why.
And what is those leftist ones u r talking abt?

As if ur brain is only made up of rightist neutrons.

Ur brain is there to analyse information as and when it comes in, doesn't matter if its right, left, up, down, bottom or top, what is good and right, take it in.

Don't limit urself just because of someone's else ideas of what's leftist or right wing ideology.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah that was pretty obvious to anyone himself included, he simply cant stop himself from baiting people into bickering...as usual.

He generally touches the content limitedly while moving rapidly to talk about the user himself and create imaginary flaws to trigger him, check his posts and you wont find any without him doing that.

Being there done that just like liking attention wh0res pictures on facebook, not interested in it anymore and surely not helping him anymore to derail threads.

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah that was pretty obvious to anyone himself included, he simply cant stop himself from baiting people into bickering...as usual.

He generally touches the content limitedly while moving rapidly to talk about the user himself and create imaginary flaws to trigger him, check his posts and you wont find any without him doing that.

Being there done that just like liking attention wh0res pictures on facebook, not interested in it anymore and surely not helping him anymore to derail threads.
What baiting r u talking abt?

You need to stop with ur grandmother and grandfather stories.

Status
Not open for further replies.