Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Continuous Improvement vs Comfortable In Current State

Which Is Better?

• Total voters

jaymbrs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Something got me thinking the other day. As I was working out, I recalled my ex telling me how much she found it attractive that I'm such a go-getter and always looking to better myself and/or situation. Whether it was work or fitness. She thought it was one of my best traits. In a different time of my life, my ex before her loved how comfortable I was in my own skin and just overall confident in my current state. Never had to prove myself nor think about things to work on. Just knew what I had and didn't need much else. Now my more recent ex was a city girl from Boston and the ex before her was more of a country girl. So that can answer that question. However Im curious to know what Sosuave posters opinion's are on this subject.

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
Continously improve.

This has been the way of our ancestors since their caveman days, to run faster, to climb faster, to shoot faster, to think faster and to be better then yesterday because if they didn't, they'll be eaten.

Since u r here, that means ur ancestors were highly successful men. If they weren't, you won't be around.

A tried and tested strategy should not be ignored huh?

behimo

Don Juan
Reaction score
you're always in a mode of improving/regressing, having a good day/bad day, feeling good/bad etc...

so try to stack the positives higher than the negatives and to measure yourself to yourself and not anyone else.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think that self improvement is one of the timeless pillars of this site.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Ideally you should be both.

Confident in your current state but always looking to improve upon it. Complacency with women and with life is the quickest way to be single and heading down a downward spiral.

Serenity

Reaction score
That's not mutually exclusive. If you're getting no progress you should push yourself more, if you're starting to feel miserable chasing the next improvement then slow down to appreciate how far you've come.

I know it seems like being comfortable means there's no motive to improve, but there's always something you think of as an improvement. The trick is to know and respect your limitations.

lostintime

Don Juan
Reaction score
Damn bro. I thought this was a pretty straight forward question, but it got me thinking..A-LOT. This is a deep ass question bro. Thanks for giving my mind a workout just now. I've got a nice pump going bro..LOL

I look at continuous improvement as the price of admission to comfortable in current state. I mean when you break down exactly what us human beings are striving for on this planet, it is, literally, to be 'comfortable in current state.' And as hard as I've tried to come up with an explanation for how it works, I truly believe it's a personal decision. Some guys are never comfortable in state, i.e. Trump, Vince McMahon, Jerry Jones, etc. These guys wanted to eat the world and then sh*t it out so they could sell it to the highest bidder. Then there are guys who start a company, it get's acquired and they retire early or go sit on a few boards. Then there's your GF's cousin who lives at home with her parents at the age of 37 and works at Dollar video. And you know what? The mothafuc*a seems pretty content AND happy to me some days.

So who's to say what your definition of comfortable in state is. I do believe it's a range. It's different for everyone.

But I think we can all agree that without continuous improvement it is impossible to achieve comfortable in state. This applies to both your externals (looks, money, status) and your internals (game, being social and comfortable talking to others). I found the more I worked on and improved the former, the more enjoyable I found the latter. I'm convinced that your internals (game, state control, YOUR PERSPECTIVE on life and it's challenges) is what gives you the most peace, i.e. 'comfortable in state' as you get older. I already know that in my later years (70s,80s if I'm lucky) that it'll be the memories I've made and will still make in my 20s and 30s that will help me face that existential fear of death. I've had some very high highs and some very low lows and for me personally, again since it's on a spectrum and is different for everyone, I've come to find that my own mind and thoughts and perspective on my life's events is ALL that truly matters.

Cliffs:
Relax and smell the Roses once in a while

jaymbrs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Personally I think it ebbs and flows. Alot of things can change in 1-2 years. One minute you have your dream job, reached your personal physical fitness peak, and all you do (or me in my life) is kick back with a few beers, eat out, and really enjoy life on a day to day basis. But we all know what happens when we take our foot off the gas. Things slow down like your metabolism, maybe even your motivational drive at work, and soon you start getting sloppy. Your girl leaves you, you get fired or demoted. Time to re-up and get your **** back together. So you're back to improving on yourself again. Again this has been my personal experience.

I can see what @Serenity says because that's my mindset however that's not everyone's. I also, like @lostintime mentioned, know of some bum type of guys who don't seem to mind living a lower status life with no drive and are seemingly ok with it. I personally don't understand it.

Roober

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As you seek to improve each piece of your life, when do you feel the most alive and invigorated?

Think about women
Then think about money
Then your career
Then your status

It is the pursuit of each of these when your life feels the most purposeful, positive, and alive. Once you've attained a goal, that is the top. You should relish in it a bit and enjoy it. But don't linger for too long, or it will consume you, and the darkness will set in. As you begin your emotional descent from the peak, you should search for a new mountain to climb. A failure to find a new purpose will result in despair.

This is the cycle of life; a journey, not a destination.

Those who fail to recognize this pattern typically resort to
A. Wasteful activities such sports, videogames, or social media, or
B. Mind-numbing drugs or alcohol

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As you seek to improve each piece of your life, when do you feel the most alive and invigorated?

Think about women
Then think about money
Then your career
Then your status

It is the pursuit of each of these when your life feels the most purposeful, positive, and alive. Once you've attained a goal, that is the top. You should relish in it a bit and enjoy it. But don't linger for too long, or it will consume you, and the darkness will set in. As you begin your emotional descent from the peak, you should search for a new mountain to climb. A failure to find a new purpose will result in despair.

This is the cycle of life; a journey, not a destination.

Those who fail to recognize this pattern typically resort to
A. Wasteful activities such sports, videogames, or social media, or
B. Mind-numbing drugs or alcohol
Sports?

lamath

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not even worth a poll imo.

If you dont go forward you stagnate,not always easy to have the drive but continuous improvement is how you live a full and productive life.

jaymbrs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not even worth a poll imo.

If you dont go forward you stagnate,not always easy to have the drive but continuous improvement is how you live a full and productive life.
Maybe not but you never know how people from other walks of life feel about this. My friend lives out in west Texas and he's perfectly content working his oil field job and with his wife and daughter with no intention of moving up the corporate ladder. Tells me I need to slow down and just enjoy life.

lamath

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Maybe not but you never know how people from other walks of life feel about this. My friend lives out in west Texas and he's perfectly content working his oil field job and with his wife and daughter with no intention of moving up the corporate ladder. Tells me I need to slow down and just enjoy life.
I apologize my answer sounded a but douchy

All about balance imo

At time i think slowing down and enjoying yourself a bit is beneficial,but to really enjoy it , its got to be earn with hard work and dedication.
Good time are good as time to rest and decompress to get back at it even harder imo

jaymbrs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I apologize my answer sounded a but douchy

All about balance imo

At time i think slowing down and enjoying yourself a bit is beneficial,but to really enjoy it , its got to be earn with hard work and dedication.
Good time are good as time to rest and decompress to get back at it even harder imo
Na I know you're cool dude. I didn't take it that way at all.