Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Woman I am dating is stressed about family issues, effecting when we are together. Options for handling?

dude99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So I have been dating a woman for 3 months or so and everything has been going great up until about 2 weeks ago. There have been some family issues going on that are really stressing her, specifically a serious injury to her ex Brother in Law that is affecting her ex's ability to maintain the custody schedule and leaving her with the kids most days.

She started acting a little distant and colder but has always texted and made sure to tell me how much she misses me and wants to snuggle up next to me, etc...then a few days ago the flood dam opened and she said part of the reason she has been acting that is way is she is afraid I am going to get sick of all her problems and just not want to deal with it anymore. She told me how much she likes me and is imagining all the fun things we will be doing together and how she missed me and wants to spend time with me etc. I tell her I get she is going through some issues and that I am cool with it.

She ends up coming over last night and we were watching a show and she was laying back on me and I had my arm wrapped around her laying on her chest...this is going to sound dumb but normally she rubs my arm or holds my hand when I do that but there was nothing on her end...no sex for the second time in a row and she ended up getting a call from her ex saying he needed to drop the kids off because of a situation going on with the family so she had to leave earlier than expected. But she wasn't planning on staying over anyways which is usually what happens.

So I am not sure what to do with this. I feel she has kind of shut down emotionally due to all the stress and I want to work through it with her but I also don't want it to effect the time we are together.

Is there a way to bring this up tactfully and not either pile on her stress or come off sounding needy?

I have other plates I am spinning but this one had good long term potential in terms of pretty much everything from the way we interact, the sex, how we get along, etc...I kind of feel life is getting in the way and she seems to be putting up this giant wall now.
3 months is a very short time for a girl to have your hamster wheel spinning like this.

The way i handle it when a girl starts to pull away or get weird or distant is, do your own thing. Let her know you have options and are a busy guy. Heck at 3 month mark she is still a plate. Nothing more.

Say something like " hey you seem to have some stuff to get through and i dont want to get in the way. I'm going to see other women now, in the meantime when you iron out things give me a call. Take care."

And go do your thing. After that she will make it clear if she wants you around or not

Machine10033

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Shit you too??? Wtf is happening to SoSuave??????
it’s sad man. I read some of these posts and shake my head!!?? I love the “ did I play this right Posts....guy usually makes it a point to say he’s spinning multiple plates... but this one girl said something... and this guy needs to know from so suave if his response was alpha...... then usually I see multiple posts in the same week from that guy obsessing about that one girl..... I swear they are the same guy with multiple screen names.

What’s crazier is these are posts on the mature man section.... not the young guy section. If your a mature man obsessing over if your responses are alpha... or worrying that a single mom is growing cold on you.... you need to take a step back and read as much as you can.

This site is about becoming the best version of yourself and dudes are looking for short cuts... you need to work on yourself.. workout... read... eat right... dress better.... make money... travel... become a social creature... cook... fix things.... but make yourself a true man.... then the females will become a bonus. If your high value and constantly improving you won’t tolerate single moms playing mind games..... or when other chicks try and test you..... you will just move on.

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
it’s sad man. I read some of these posts and shake my head!!?? I love the “ did I play this right Posts....guy usually makes it a point to say he’s spinning multiple plates... but this one girl said something... and this guy needs to know from so suave if his response was alpha...... then usually I see multiple posts in the same week from that guy obsessing about that one girl..... I swear they are the same guy with multiple screen names.

What’s crazier is these are posts on the mature man section.... not the young guy section. If your a mature man obsessing over if your responses are alpha... or worrying that a single mom is growing cold on you.... you need to take a step back and read as much as you can.

This site is about becoming the best version of yourself and dudes are looking for short cuts... you need to work on yourself.. workout... read... eat right... dress better.... make money... travel... become a social creature... cook... fix things.... but make yourself a true man.... then the females will become a bonus. If your high value and constantly improving you won’t tolerate single moms playing mind games..... or when other chicks try and test you..... you will just move on.
I mean it’s literally just dudes pedestalizing women. You can be in the game for YEARS and still say things “your are quite the prize” like ??????????

If you’re bluepill in the sense that you still want to find ‘the one’ because you see just how low quality women are nowadays and thus just long for one who simply isn't low quality like that, then I get it. But if you’re doing simp shit like asking for their opinions about these situations because you think they’d have better insight for being women themselves, then it’s apparent they haven’t learned ****. Just because a woman is ‘redpilled’ doesn’t mean she’s suddenly immune to female nature.

The only thing useful is seeing how they think, not what they say. And how they think can be observed based off their posts anywhere in the forum, not just here. It’s not like you’ll suddenly gain some new and profound wisdom to their postings if they post here. And if you do, you’re either new to all this or you’ll find that the stuff they said was actually taken from somewhere else rather than discovered on their own. Or maybe you just forgot lol.

“Taking a break” is fine if you don’t know how to handle this situation and wish to remain neutral. It’s honestly not a bad idea, but the rest of the post (along with the other) begins nuancing into what would become full blown beta behavior which is exactly what leaves me flabbergasted after each time I read her posts lmao

Last edited:

Alvafe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I’d say it to her like this:

“I get that you have lots on your plate right now...but if we are hanging out I need to feel that you are here and not checked out. Would it be better that we just take a break for now until your situation stabilizes?”

And then you see how she responds.

If she gets defensive or affronted by that? She’s emotionally immature. If she gets huffy and says you are being unreasonable or that you don’t understand...

Ask her how she would respond if the situation were reversed. If she can’t see or acknowledge how this affects you then she isn’t going to do well when life happens later in y’all’s relationship.

If she is open to have a forthright conversation with you then she has maturity and can handle things in a stable way. She may not realize her attitude has changed and/or may not realize how you feel. She may apologize and warm up to you...she may bolt.

If she is open to an honest discussion that’s good. If she reacts or shuts down that’s bad.

After you bring it up you’ll know more about how she handles life’s curveballs and whether you remain supportive, apply silence & distance or what.

I’ve been very open about the stressors in my life with the man I’m seeing for example...we chat about them lightly and then I make effort NOT to discuss it ad nauseum because that takes away from enjoying him and getting to know him...and it’s not fair to him really.

So if she can show a similar willingness to see your point of view you might be fine.

thing is there is nothing to say really, and he shouldn't say anything, its not his problem, he is not the problem, and he shouldn't associate himself with her problem. they are in only for 3 months, also remember the way people deal with they problem also tell about then a lot, anyone who let others notice you have problems tend to fish for pity, and normally they also love to toss they problems on others, hoping again for pity.

the most important here would be he, still screening her, he is not at fault for her problem and she shouldn't be using him.

or maybe she is just not feeling and his captain save a ho instint is kicking him to save her, with again is a problem.

he should drop it and let go, not making a case on what he had to do

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There is nothing wrong with good communication in a relationship between 2 adults.

There is no need to be an ass hole either. The ability to communicate in a mature way is a skill worth cultivating.

Not everyone here is looking to endlessly up the notch count and pump & dump women.

It’s advice. That’s all. The fact that some posters are going to rail at me because I’m female is immaterial to me. The funny thing is these are men who are either married or would like to find a quality woman one day.

Being an ass hole who can’t communicate? Not how you end up with a good woman in your life. I drop men who show emotional immaturity and so will other women worth having.

If my advice isn’t a member’s cup of tea? Kindly place me on ignore. Instead certain posters assign me entirely too much power and influence. Thank you ITDG that’s flattering, but I’m just one person on my device somewhere posting free advice same as everyone else. I’m one voice. If what I say resonates, great. If not? Great.

Notice my advice was to suggest to her that he withdraw. Same as a number of other male posters. The only difference is I advised a short conversation about it. There is a reason for that folks.

The reason is because frequently women are covert. Making the statement and asking the question I suggested will prompt her to reveal more about who she is and how she values OP in such a way as to provide him information he’d like to have as he decides how to handle the matter. Equipped with the additional information he can then make decisions in a more informed way.

There is nothing weak or unmanly about the advice I’ve given. But if certain posters want to ridicule me? Fine.

The usual suspects.

Cheers

Black Widow Void

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Shit you too??? Wtf is happening to SoSuave??????
I'm totally cool with being scrutinized (I'm certainly no stranger toward doing this to others).
However, I'm thinking that you might want to re-read your "blue pill" police code handbook.

When I see a forum member prancing (aka "chest thumping") or putting down a newly listed forum member, I call them out.
I also make no apologies for also praising a forum member's admirable parenting practices.

I have great disdain for women that involve their children with men whom they've recently met. It's not healthy for the child and an example of poor parenting. In fact, I've even had arguments with dating acquaintances for their wanting to introduce me too soon. Sadly, this parenting practice is quite common place. Therefore, when @BeExcellent goes against the (so-called) 'norm'.. she does sound like a "prize" rather than the commoner.

@ImTheDoubleGreatest! and @stringpuller I wonder if you two might be too obsessed with sosuave identity politics. Getting spoon-fed a belief system, I believe has hindered your ability to distinguish the difference between a compliment and supplication.

Last edited:

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm totally cool with being scrutinized (I'm certainly no stranger toward doing this to others).
However, I'm thinking that you might want to re-read your "blue pill" police code handbook.

When I see a forum member prancing (aka "chest thumping") or putting down a newly listed forum member, I call them out.
I also make no apologies for also praising a forum member's admirable parenting practices.

I have great disdain for women that involve their children with men whom they've recently met. It's not healthy for the child and an example of poor parenting. In fact, I've even had arguments with dating acquaintances for their wanting to introduce me too soon. Sadly, this parenting practice is quite common place. Therefore, when @BeExcellent goes against the (so-called) 'norm'.. she does sound like a "prize" rather than the commoner.

@ImTheDoubleGreatest! and @stringpuller I wonder if you two might be too obsessed with sosuave identity politics. Getting spoon-fed a belief system, I believe has hindered your ability to distinguish the difference between a compliment and supplication.
Yeah well you kinda crossed the ‘compliment’ line and entered into supplication territory. Saying that someone is a better parent than others is much different than using SS lingo about being the prize and attributing it to someone simply for being a female who isn’t mentally disturbed like your average hoe momma is quite literally pedestalizing. Fact is, you’re praising her because she’s a woman who’s doing that. You might as well call her your ‘queen’ and you her ottoman. If any of us here were to do the same thing, you’d sneer and say how it’s common sense that we’re supposed to avoid bringing in others from our dating lives around our children. You can lie to yourself, but not to me. There’s other stuff I can say that’ll show you it’s not all that, but this post is already as long as it is and I doubt you’d actually care enough to really consider it. You’re being played like a fiddle, with you being the only player in the room.

Also, please don’t compare me to stringpuller. I’m nothing like him, the only chest-thumping that’s going on is from his end with his million-and-one posts quoting the same person, one right after the other because he gets so amped up about a situation that he thinks about it for several minutes/hours after he logs off. I really don’t care that much, this is mostly just a fun thing for me if I’m being honest. The most I’ll do is edit spelling/grammar when I see it, that’s about it.

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
certain posters assign me entirely too much power and influence. Thank you ITDG that’s flattering, but I’m just one person on my device somewhere posting free advice same as everyone else.
Miss, please. It’s not about assigning power or anything like that, it’s just seeing reality invert before you in a pile of words. An example of that would be one in that one thread of mine before it got locked; it would be like me saying to you as a Christian that because Lucifer was the greatest archangel and that the name “Lucifer” simply means “bringer of light”, and that Lucifer was awarded that name because he was the bringer of light, they therefore YHWH is darkness since they both work against each other, and that because we must seek to bring the light of God into this world as per the Bible’s command, that we should therefore worship Lucifer in order to bring that light into the world, and that we must avoid doing the bidding of YHWH in order to prevent darkness. Lucifer good, YHWH bad.

See how I twisted that? I just told you that Lucifer s God and that YHWH is Satan. Imagine showing this to a priest. This is exactly how your posts make me feel lmao which is why I’m often compelled to respond to your posts about how your incorrect nuances lead to corruption.
Would you like some more tea with your crumpets, Ms. I’m-From-Texas-Y’all?

GearsGod310

Don Juan
Reaction score
So I have been dating a woman for 3 months or so and everything has been going great up until about 2 weeks ago. There have been some family issues going on that are really stressing her, specifically a serious injury to her ex Brother in Law that is affecting her ex's ability to maintain the custody schedule and leaving her with the kids most days.

She started acting a little distant and colder but has always texted and made sure to tell me how much she misses me and wants to snuggle up next to me, etc...then a few days ago the flood dam opened and she said part of the reason she has been acting that is way is she is afraid I am going to get sick of all her problems and just not want to deal with it anymore. She told me how much she likes me and is imagining all the fun things we will be doing together and how she missed me and wants to spend time with me etc. I tell her I get she is going through some issues and that I am cool with it.

She ends up coming over last night and we were watching a show and she was laying back on me and I had my arm wrapped around her laying on her chest...this is going to sound dumb but normally she rubs my arm or holds my hand when I do that but there was nothing on her end...no sex for the second time in a row and she ended up getting a call from her ex saying he needed to drop the kids off because of a situation going on with the family so she had to leave earlier than expected. But she wasn't planning on staying over anyways which is usually what happens.

So I am not sure what to do with this. I feel she has kind of shut down emotionally due to all the stress and I want to work through it with her but I also don't want it to effect the time we are together.

Is there a way to bring this up tactfully and not either pile on her stress or come off sounding needy?

I have other plates I am spinning but this one had good long term potential in terms of pretty much everything from the way we interact, the sex, how we get along, etc...I kind of feel life is getting in the way and she seems to be putting up this giant wall now.
Bro I had a situation similar to this with a plate that I really like and this was recent. Although your story is much different than mine .. let’s just say my plate went through some fvcked up sh1t .. was out with her cousin, they were drinking and then stayed at her cousins friends house and the friend tried to abuse my plate on top of that some of her family members had COVID. She would text me super stressed out. One night she texted me saying “I just want you to hold me and tell me everything will be okay”.. so I told her to come over and that’s when she told me everything. Days passed and she would not put out secks so I know how you feel.

I think its important to provide a women with good dik but also be there for her during hard times. Everytime my plate has a problem she looks for me to assure everything will be ok. And I kinda like it Tbh. I talk to her and I tell her that no problem is permanent and theres a solution to everything.

After my plate told me what had happened she was VERY distant for about 2weeks. Which is understandable, she had gone through something traumatic. My 1st thought was to try to make everything alright and fix things. Which would have been the worst thing I could have probably done. Give her space/time but assure her that you are there if she needs to talk to someone.
most guys here will probably sh1t on me for this. But I just banged on Saturday and Sunday and during secks she was saying “how she only wants to fvck me” “you feel so good” “best secks ever”. Don’t add stress on top of stress. Give it time. She‘ll come around.

Mbuckets82

Don Juan
Reaction score
Mixing families never gonna work out. Isn’t it a person shows you who they really are after 90 days and you’re three months in? Also, when a person shows you who they are, believe them? Next, her announcing she hopes her drama isn’t too much is her telling you she ya lots of drama.
And if this is your cream of the crop, I’d rather be alone. Im a single dad myself and I can’t do the single mom thing. I got enough going on as it looks like you do to. We as dads go through enough, our no kid time is supposed to be fun, accomplishing or relaxing. Not with a woman who is now withholding sex or even touching cuz she’s ‘worried’. Think what other excuses she will use if you got serious? Then it be even harder to leave.

Take a break from her. Maybe she will come around. Maybe not.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
UPDATE:

I texted her what @BeExcellent suggested yesterday and she responded around 6pm today with "Thanks for the message. I do need to talk to you though." To which I simply responded "OK." and have not heard back from her yet.

It doesn't matter I have literally exploded with new numbers and dates over the past 4 days...got 15 numbers and 4 dates set up for this weekend and multiple ones for next week. These women are texting me nonstop. It's a shame you have to just say f*ck it and walk away when you don't want to but that's life I guess.

I am assuming she will give me some version of the "It's not you it's me" story which we all know is BS to some degree and to which I will reply calmly and coolly, leave her hanging and go crickets without the closure she is trying to get from me. I need to get better at going blackheart so it will be good practice.

Will report back with what happens when it happens.

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well you’ve got a stable full of other women lined up so you’ll do fine whatever happens.

It does suck when things seem like they are going along nicely & suddenly there’s a hard left outta nowhere. We’ve all been through it but your attitude and approach is healthy & mature.

You can only control you as you know. The rest you can’t worry about.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
So she texts me today that she has the kids this weekend and doesn't know when she could meet to talk.

So I tell her "No worries, I will just be off doing my own thing and whenever you figure it out to get in touch."

She then says that I should because she doesn't think it's fair to keep me waiting around.

I respond with "I mean you are totally right, the situation is hopeless. I would prefer to work things out but you are right it seems impossible."

She then gives me some long spiel about how I was the first long relationship since her breakup and she doesn't feel she is ready to date and isn't able to balance her family life, etc etc...

So I just responded with "Oh OK. Well if your situation improves or you change your mind feel free to reach out. Take care."

And I'm gone like a ghost in the night...

Alvafe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So she texts me today that she has the kids this weekend and doesn't know when she could meet to talk.

So I tell her "No worries, I will just be off doing my own thing and whenever you figure it out to get in touch."

She then says that I should because she doesn't think it's fair to keep me waiting around.

I respond with "I mean you are totally right, the situation is hopeless. I would prefer to work things out but you are right it seems impossible."

She then gives me some long spiel about how I was the first long relationship since her breakup and she doesn't feel she is ready to date and isn't able to balance her family life, etc etc...

So I just responded with "Oh OK. Well if your situation improves or you change your mind feel free to reach out. Take care."

And I'm gone like a ghost in the night...
too much, after her first msg I would jsut say ok IF at all

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
too much, after her first msg I would jsut say ok IF at all
It’s courteous to do as he did. They weren’t dating for one or two weeks but rather for 3 months. There’s no need to be a jack ass and besides he’d look butthurt if he simply vanished or rambled on ad nauseum so a middle path is the most balanced and socially calibrated response.

Additionally he does not burn the bridge with her. Once her life straightens out he’s left the door open to future interactions. He loses nothing in doing this.

Nuance people. Interactions between people are nuanced. @BackInTheGame78 understands that. There is much instructive for other readers in the way he has handled the situation, which I think he did in a mature & adroit way.