Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Cleared it with the mods! A thread I’ve wanted to do for years. Post your real life picture let the community help fix your looks!(completely optiona)

cola

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'll play.

I am just now getting back on a hardcore fitness run. Cutting out carbs, beefing up my Vitamin D (living in the northern part of the US is a real bytch in the winter).

Current work in progress.

View attachment 3586
You look good man, you could pass for 28-30 easy. You are also one of the rare guys who look good with no beard.

cola

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What you guys think for a 41yo lol ... im 203lbs ... 6'1.5

Recently (i believe from my planks i was doing) got an umbilical hernia ffs ..so dr ordered me to stop ab excercises for now til i get that sorted (suggestions?)

I been doing shrugs, curls, 100 pushups.. bench press.. lat pull downs ... lat pull ups ... squats.. arm hammers in 3 sets of 20 . Oh and stationary bike for cardio (one bad ankle im tryin to strengthen from a serious blow out in martial arts that ended excercise for me for nearly a year). I realized 20 reps is likely too many.. so last week i upped ny weights to max 6 reps 3 sets... im in the gym i have at work 4 to 5x a week for nearly 2hrs a day now (ramped up from 3 days a week til body could take it better).. im using creatine 3x a week and now im adding in protein shakes at lunch time (maybe timing is off? Since i work out aftetlr work?)

Im tryin to cut body fat... and increase muscle at same time.. i have an awesome digital scale that shows more than just weight..

Edit to add my average Fitbit stats for a day at work too... i do a ton of walking around at my job
Look great but I hate that square bear/goatee connecting thing, you would look amazing with a full beard. Especially with the bald head. Other than that good job staying fit. You look like a manly man, the kind I wouldn’t wanna get In a bar fight with.

Last edited:

Dash Riprock

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A lot of it is "fake" weight loss in that much of the weight short term is simply glycogen and water leaving the muscles. Which is why your muscles feel flat and you are weaker on keto...the muscles are not volumized which is where a lot of the strength comes from.

Carbo-HYDRATE. For each part carb it requires 4 parts water to store it as glycogen. Depleting glycogen on keto leads to weight loss but its not "real". Once you eat carbs the weight comes back.

Carb cycling works just as well as keto for weight loss if not better but without the downsides.
I'm going to respectfully disagree with some of your post.

I can personally attest to the fact it's not "fake" weight loss as I lost fat on the keto diet and have coached others through it who have lost (some a lot of) belly and love handle fat. The main reason for this is that people eat too much of the wrong kind of carbs; too many sugary foods/drinks and "white carbs" which when eaten in excess, will turn into sugar (high energy) and whatever isn't burned off by exercise will get stored as fat.

The reason you feel somewhat depleted is the fact that carbs are an excellent source of energy and can be utilized almost immediately. Some is stored as glycogen (excess turns to fat). You are correct in that taking in fewer carbs means less glycogen storage which will result in the muscles not firing at 100% of capacity and tiring easier, resulting in bonking during workouts and as you go about your day.

I've found for me, 100g/carbs per day is the right amount to keep up my energy without the bonk. I don't feel weak at the gym and I don't put on weight as fat. YMMV, though.

Roober

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Need to track that sh it. I used myfitnesspal. In the winter, cardio (biking usually, sometimes jogging, but it's so f ucking boring), yoga and weight training or resistance bands. Food, I posted this awhile ago. I try to stay KETO, but I do sometimes have a slice of bread if I am having avocado or something like that in the morning. Eat clean, less processed food is better. I tend to never eat out as I do not know where the food is coming from. I do treat myself to something enjoyable once a week. Nothing crazy, but I stay within my numbers. My GF, though, she's not sticking to my workout and nutritional food guidelines.. I am not sure what to do with her.
I did the tracking thing for a while and it was a pain in the ass , especially cause most of the apps are slow. I've done macro nutrient tracking on a spreadsheet, which I felt was worked well.

My biggest issue is consistency. Between kids activities 5 days a week and an irregular work schedule, things can easily get off track.

I manage to find time to workout, but the diet... Training is easy when your life is fairly consistent, but kids and a irregular work schedule make it challenging.

It's like I need a meal plan when things don't go according to plan...

I would definitely be interested in a diet writeup if @Staticus could do it

What carbs are considered okay?

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Agreed, though I do drink a protein shake with banana and strawberry for breakfast. It's not to gain weight though. It's to keep breakfast light but satisfying. I also hate breakfast. AND with a shake I can go to the gym in a half hour and lift or run without feeling full. Can't do that on eggs.
You should try going to gym with nothing and then take the shake after...might be surprised at the result.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
I did the tracking thing for a while and it was a pain in the ass , especially cause most of the apps are slow. I've done macro nutrient tracking on a spreadsheet, which I felt was worked well.

My biggest issue is consistency. Between kids activities 5 days a week and an irregular work schedule, things can easily get off track.

I manage to find time to workout, but the diet... Training is easy when your life is fairly consistent, but kids and a irregular work schedule make it challenging.

At the end of the day you will never go wrong with one ingredient carbs and one ingredient foods in general.

Glassguy

Reaction score
You look good man, you could pass for 28-30 easy. You are also one of the rare guys who look good with no beard.
Thanks man.

I never do a full beard but I do scruff often, especially in the winter.

Most people think I look much younger than 42 so it makes it easier to attract chicks in that 25-30 year old range.

Once I drop another 15-20 lbs over the next couple of months I will look even younger and the game with those age chicks will get even easier.

RickTheToad

Reaction score

Mostly fruits and veggies. Need to be careful with the fruits due to the high sugar content. I make a sweet tasting bread from Almond flour, coconut flour and arrowroot. It's really easy to make, and I think it tastes pretty good. I can post if anyone cares. As for tracking, Myfitnesspal has gotten better since Under Armour acquired it. Meal plans are pretty simple. I'd be interested in Stats too for reference. I am always open in learning and expanding. Mine is pretty simple, but can get boring after awhile. But, after losing 130+ LBS, it does work.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Well it’s because you seem so intelligent, always talk about investments and the like I pictured thick glasses, a short sleeve button up and a pocket protector. But you look good man.
I've matured a lot from growing up on the streets of Jamaica (Queens). Was a different dude back then. Never thought I gave off that vibe. LOL. Appreciate the props though. You're the real deal too in your pics. Keep it going!!

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What does everyone's diet and workout routines look like? Generally speaking

I feel like I struggle getting enough protein to bulk.
this is my "bulk" season split:

Workout A:
Squats 3X3
Weighted Chin Ups 3X3
Overhead Press 3X3
Deadlift 1X3
10 minutes Cardio

Workout B:
Squats 3X3
Weighted Chin Ups 3X3
Bench Press 3X3
Back Hyperextensions 2X10
10 minutes Cardio

Workout C
25 minutes Cardio
Back Hyperextensions 2X10

I just do A-B-C in sequence, leaving at least 1 or 2 days between workouts. Workout C helps a lot with recovery.

Staticus

Don Juan
Reaction score

I’d me more than happy to help you get something going that meets your preferences as well as your lifestyle. Feel free to message me and we can get the ball rolling when you’re ready.

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
A long distance runner body is not a powerful body.
A few guy i know are runners like this and imo they look unhealthy skeletons with no muscle.
Need to either eat more or run less, you are burning too many calories, thos is also a state where injiries can happen more often because of the lack of nutriment
Then how do nhl player stay slim yet have muscle? They do a lot of cardio. I want to look like an nhl player.

lamath

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Then how do nhl player stay slim yet have muscle? They do a lot of cardio. I want to look like an nhl player.
Hockey is mostly about explosiveness, you need muscle for this.
Hockey players are not small guys most are 190lb +

Some endurance is needed, but its not the same as a long distance runner.

Im not a small guy 220 atm, but im one of the fasted guy on my hockey team and im 39 playing with 20yo.....
However my endurance is **** when i go full out, i usually try to pace myself and go full out when needed.

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
Hockey is mostly about explosiveness, you need muscle for this.
Hockey players are not small guys most are 190lb +

Some endurance is needed, but its not the same as a long distance runner.

Im not a small guy 220 atm, but im one of the fasted guy on my hockey team and im 39 playing with 20yo.....
However my endurance is **** when i go full out, i usually try to pace myself and go full out when needed.
True. BUT I've met a lot of NHL players. The players that are under 6 foot have their heights fudged up as well as weight also. Especially smaller guys like Patrick Kane, Brad Marchand, Sidney Crosby. In person a lot of the players look more lean without the pads and skates on. Also, some players are pretty thin when they first enter the league and they bulk them up. Alex Pietrangelo was pretty thin when he first came into the league.

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
Hockey is more of an interval sport. Short shifts, balls to the wall. Closest sport to runners is soccer. Soccer players do not carry mass due to the volume of running.
Soccer players are built good. Especially womens soccer players. Like Morgan Brian. Man, she's such a turn on. Perfect body.