RickTheToad
Moderator
If this were true, then why are STDs at an all time high (aside form HIV/AIDS)?Yes, but the rate has increased and is increasing faster among men.
That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?
She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."
She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.
I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.
Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.
If this were true, then why are STDs at an all time high (aside form HIV/AIDS)?Yes, but the rate has increased and is increasing faster among men.
Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.
She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.
Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.
So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.
The words come later. The impression comes first.
I’ve heard this but I just don’t see it to be true. Like there are guys I know that are virgins but I’ve never seen a chick who is, unless she was extremely sheltered/religious growing up. And even then, only if they’re ugly. Every guy I know who’s aware of the game will say how there’s no chick who’s a virgin nowadays past high school, but yet the CDC says that 60% of high school kids are virgins. That yet doesn’t make sense. Unless it’s literally all the chicks going after the same few guys. But **** bro, this **** just doesn’t add up.Wrong. Men and women across the board are having less sex.
![]()
Opinion: This is why millennials like me are having less sex
We are more attuned than ever as to what constitutes a good sexual encounter, and we won’t settle for less than total satisfactionwww.independent.co.uk
![]()
Why Are Young People Having So Little Sex?
Despite the easing of taboos and the rise of hookup apps, Americans are in the midst of a sex recession.www.theatlantic.com
![]()
7 Reasons Why Young People Are Having Less Sex
Young adults are having less sex than the generations before them, even though conditions should make it easier for them to have more.www.psychologytoday.com
Think about it: most women in the western world are both quite fat yet have sky high and skyrocketing expectations: it's impossible that that combination could lead to more sex.
Got any stats to this, as in - which socioeconomic groups, genders, and especially or at least in which regions? Any kind of article or study? Otherwise it's understandably very hard for me to discuss it.If this were true, then why are STDs at an all time high (aside form HIV/AIDS)?
Most of these causes are suggested by the articles themselves but I complemented with my own searching:Come on dude. You know how I do. Sources below. All this month too.
![]()
CDC raises alarm about "growing STD epidemic" as cases hit record high
The new high threatens millions of Americans, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention sayswww.cbsnews.com
![]()
3 major STDs reached ‘all-time high’ in infections in 2018, says new CDC report
Three major sexually-transmitted diseases reached a historic high in infection cases in 2018, according to a new report by the Centers for Disease Control and Preventionwww.christianpost.com
![]()
3 Sexually Transmitted Diseases Surging In U.S., Reported Infections Reach All-Time High, CDC Says
For the fifth straight year, cases of gonorrhea, chlamydia, and syphilis have all risen in the United Statesnewyork.cbslocal.com
Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.
She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.
Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.
So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.
The words come later. The impression comes first.
Perhaps on some, but incurable STDs are on the rise. Is it really worth the game with such dangerous consequences right now?Most of these causes are suggested by the articles themselves but I complemented with my own searching:
1 - Tradcuck regions that shame sexuality and are hostile to factual sex education and harm reduction policies. Tradcuck policies increase negative sexual health outcomes, such as STDs and poor teen births, in the regions they are enacted.
2 - Cuts to STD detection and treatment programs. See "tradcuck policy", but could also be due to "generalized" austerity.
3 - Poverty. Poverty itself is effectively an inheritable disease, it changes your epigenome. It also might hinder access to said STD detection and treatment.
4 - Increased drug use. Drug users get more STDs on average, bringing the count up.
5 - Decreasing/decreased condom use, such as among gays.
6 - More STDs are getting reported and screened rather than remaining unknown of. This contradicts #2, you would assume they can't both be driving reported rates when they are opposites, fact checking would have to be done.
7 - Increasing antibiotic-resistant strains.
Men under 5/10 are having less sex than everThe reality is, most people are having less sex these days, not more.
80/20 ruleI’ve heard this but I just don’t see it to be true. Like there are guys I know that are virgins but I’ve never seen a chick who is, unless she was extremely sheltered/religious growing up. And even then, only if they’re ugly. Every guy I know who’s aware of the game will say how there’s no chick who’s a virgin nowadays past high school, but yet the CDC says that 60% of high school kids are virgins. That yet doesn’t make sense. Unless it’s literally all the chicks going after the same few guys. But **** bro, this **** just doesn’t add up.
That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?
She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."
She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.
I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.
Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.
Looks a lot like the thousand yard stare.I'm awaiting photo evidence of this purported phenomenon.
She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.
You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.
She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.
The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.
I'm sorry, I can't resist calling BS.More examples
I'm calling bs on you not seeing it with your own two eyes in real life. How blind and ignorant are some of you guys?I'm sorry, I can't resist calling BS.
Let's play a game. Take a long-term celebrity who probably has over 100,000 paparazzi photos taken of her. We'll choose one from relatively early, then pick a somewhat recent one. I'm sure there's 0% chance you can cherry-pick to show a "before" photo that shows energy and vitality, and an "after" photo that demonstrates flatlined energy. Nah, never.
But hey, let's say you can demonstrate that all the 2007 photos are pure happy-happy and all the 2019 photos are the embodiment of a totally hollowed-out soul. I'm sure that the c*ck-carousel is entirely to blame, right? Couldn't possibly have anything to do with 12 relentless years of searing celebrity spotlight, surely not.
There's an old saying: "I'd rather be rich than famous". Never truer than today. I don't know how a modern top-tier celebrity keeps their sanity.
Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.
You've been "getting ready" for two years.
She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.
Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.