Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The *No Contact* Challenge! ( Read this if you just got dumped)

the_cog

Reaction score
Day 25. Everything is off track, exercise, sleep, diet. I'm depressed. At times I long for her to contact me. I need to snap out of it.

Don De Grey

Don Juan
Reaction score
Day 22

I just found this site after reading the rational male after a buddy turned me on to his website. Needless to say I was doing everything wrong In classic AFC fashion.

My ex broke up with me a month ago, but started texting me 8 hours later, and like a chump I answered her for 10 days. I even went to go get coffee with her the last day of contact, I felt like she was coming around. She even grabbed my hand when we were drying back to work and squeezed like she did when we were dating.

The next day she sent me a link to an article about vaping killing people. Now she is allergic to a lot of things, even a certain laundry soap that I was using.

I replied telling her that the day she told me about the laundry detergent that I started cutting back on the nicotine and had a plan on tapering it to zero and quitting, not just for her health; but because it annoyed the **** out of her. Haven’t heard a word from her since.
Day 29

She texted me at 11:46 PM with “Hey. How are you doing?”

did not respond.

DelayedGratification

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Day 29

did not respond.
Such a classic opener, the past two breaks from NC that was almost exactly how she opened it. So you're not alone.

The time I wasn't ready to break NC it was helpful that it came in around 11pm when my GF and I had just settled into bed. So ignoring it was easy.

The most recent break came three months after that, at which point I was ok with texting for a little bit so I answered. That turned out to be a good thing, as I got some insight into the continuing train wreck that is her personal life, which tangibly reinforced that she did me a favor when she walked. That text session left things a little open, but a month later I've yet to hear back. Which is just fine.

Don De Grey

Don Juan
Reaction score
Such a classic opener, the past two breaks from NC that was almost exactly how she opened it. So you're not alone.

How’s it going/How are you doing is her go to.

I told everyone that she would reach out within a month, that has been the case the last few times we quit contact. The last time was on her birthday when she said I was too old for her, so I moved on and started dating someone else.

I bumped into at work by chance several weeks later, things had been awkward so I told her. She followed me down to the bar that night and chased me for a week before I went on a date with her.

This was before reading Rollo’s books, Pook’s book, The Game, Mystery Method, The way of men and this forum. If I do give her another chance, she is going to earn every bit of it.

Honestly she is a good girl, didn’t **** around and has a pretty strong personal code. Like most women, she just doesn’t have the first clue about what the fock she wants. Being out of the dating game for 23 years, I had forgotten that.

bcude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

The time I wasn't ready to break NC it was helpful that it came in around 11pm when my GF and I had just settled into bed. So ignoring it was easy.

The most recent break came three months after that, at which point I was ok with texting for a little bit so I answered. That turned out to be a good thing, as I got some insight into the continuing train wreck that is her personal life, which tangibly reinforced that she did me a favor when she walked. That text session left things a little open, but a month later I've yet to hear back. Which is just fine.
Does your ex know that you have a new gf?
Please follow up in this thread if you get something more in the future, just out of curiosity.

DelayedGratification

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Does your ex know that you have a new gf?
Please follow up in this thread if you get something more in the future, just out of curiosity.
Based on how the text conversation was going, I leaned more on being the receiving end of the information rather than divulging. In the course of the brief exchange she did ask whether there were "any new girls in the picture", but I opted to simply ignore the question and focus on other topics. She can read into that what she will.

DelayedGratification

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
She is doubting her decision, for sure. It is driving her nuts, that you aren't responding, and she doesn't know what is going on with you, how you feel, if you are dating someone else. GOOD.
I had the same read on this. If a beta guy did this while being ghosted, he would come off as needy and cringey.

Don De Grey

Don Juan
Reaction score
She is doubting her decision, for sure. It is driving her nuts, that you aren't responding, and she doesn't know what is going on with you, how you feel, if you are dating someone else. GOOD.

Another good sign is she almost never stays up past 10, a text from her 15 minutes before midnight is really odd, so she was probably already spinning.

I interpreted the initial message as a double edged s..t test at the time. (1) because she hasn’t contacted me in a month, and wanted to see how fast I would reply. (2) because of it being that late on a Saturday.

The nevermind message today gave me a warm and fuzzy feeling because it means she minds very much, but even that was in and of itself another s..t test to see if I would come running back because she is mad.

dude99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Day 25. Everything is off track, exercise, sleep, diet. I'm depressed. At times I long for her to contact me. I need to snap out of it.
Do your best to return to your exercise routine. it helps a lot with the healing process keeping your self busy with your normal routine is good for your mental state. Stoping doing your normal routine will contribute to dwelling on her contacting you.

Easier said than done i know but move towards "i dont want her to contact me again."

dude99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Day 29

did not respond.
I'm only suggesting you do this if you are 100% healed. If not ignoring her is perfect , stay the course of what you did. You handled this correctly. But for those who know me closely know i have a humours side to me.

An ex of mine pulled the LJBF thing on me and i went full NC On her.I she reached out to contact me after 3 months of total NC and asked "how are you doing?" I decided to have some fun because i had zero interest in giving her another chance.

Her "how are you doing?"
Me "Jen."
Her "pardon?"
I replied "Jen?"
Her "who is Jen?"
Me "you asked me who i was doing. Jen."

Then the jealous fit began because her LJBF branch she swung to dumped her.

One chance per lifetime sweetheart. when you blow it you blow it.

dude99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Day 28.

Last 2-3 days have been tough. I knew from her friend (I didn't ask though) that she got fired and came back in town some days ago (when she watched my stories again she was already here). It's funny, because in my last message I wrote that I believed she would do great abroad, 'because you're great and beautiful and you will do well', something like that. I was so wrong, she is much worse than that, I guess it was my love writing... She got fired for not showing at work sometimes and going to work with hangover some other :rolleyes: At least this is what she told to her friends, so I think there's even more s**t she didn't tell.

Now she has to pay back a great amount of money because she lost her scholaship, and her family isn't rich, so it's a very bad moment for her. Her friends are going to collect money to help her. This feels so bad because I sincerely care for her. But I am not going to do anything, not even wish her a happy birthday, which is soon. I'm having a hard time, I feel a lot of anxiety and mixed emotions, but she doesn't deserve my help and my affection right now, at least until she will understand her mistakes and be willing to cope, which won't happen.
And tell yourself this "she and her baggage are no longer your concern."

Her failures are just that. Hers and hers alone.

DelayedGratification

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
And tell yourself this "she and her baggage are no longer your concern."

Her failures are just that. Hers and hers alone.
Indeed. The sh*t I heard from the relatively brief text conversation last month was more f*cked up than I would have originally imagined. Very glad I don't have to deal with her personal failures anymore.

The resumed silence is either because she could sense my pull-back during the texting, or her drama ramped up again and she's distracted by that. I give it 50/50, or perhaps a combination of both.

bcude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm only suggesting you do this if you are 100% healed. If not ignoring her is perfect , stay the course of what you did. You handled this correctly. But for those who know me closely know i have a humours side to me.

An ex of mine pulled the LJBF thing on me and i went full NC On her.I she reached out to contact me after 3 months of total NC and asked "how are you doing?" I decided to have some fun because i had zero interest in giving her another chance.

Her "how are you doing?"
Me "Jen."
Her "pardon?"
I replied "Jen?"
Her "who is Jen?"

dude99, i know your mindset of one chance in a lifetime with you so you get over your exes completely and don't what anything from them whatsoever, but how would you handle it when the ex (you have a good memory of) keeps reaching out to you to "check in" how you're doing months/years apart?
As in calling, not sending texts where you can see what she wants.

Don De Grey

Don Juan
Reaction score

Her "how are you doing?"
Me "Jen."
Her "pardon?"
I replied "Jen?"
Her "who is Jen?"

I’m not quite ready to go nuclear on her just yet. She’s a good girl, just inexperienced in relationships and handling her emotions. To be honest I was probably the first real boyfriend she has ever had.

Like most women, she just doesn’t know what the f..k she wants. Possibly me adopting a more alpha mindset is just the push she needs to dig her head out of her ass. One thing is for certain if I give her another shot, there will be consequences to her actions that I don’t like; and she is going to earn anything she gets.

Don De Grey

Don Juan
Reaction score
Day 31 - and then it got weird...

So I changed my profile picture on Facebook today, hid the notification from my timeline.

Within 30 minutes the ex changes hers, to a picture she hated but I told her was one of my favorite pictures of her.

When Rollo says women default to covert communication, this is what he’s talking about.

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Day 2 for me

I deleted her from social media so she turned around and blocked me. Guess that’s my “closure”. I have her number blocked at least but I’m sure she’s blocked or deleted mine too since she’s blocked me on Facebook. This whole “relationship” went to **** fast and spiraled out of control the last few weeks. I think her ex was moving back next month and she had to get rid of me somehow so I decided after she ignored a text that I’d just leave quietly. That’s how I got blocked, by deleting her and not making a scene. Oh well.

Don De Grey

Don Juan
Reaction score
Day 31 - and then it got weird...

So I changed my profile picture on Facebook today, hid the notification from my timeline.

Within 30 minutes the ex changes hers, to a picture she hated but I told her was one of my favorite pictures of her.

When Rollo says women default to covert communication, this is what he’s talking about.
Rollo also said that women only resort to overt communications when they are out of options. Shortly after the picture change she posts this:

I’ll accept your baggage, but I need your communication. I’ll accept your insecurities, but I need your trust. If you’re not willing to grow out of your pain, then what’s the point of any of this?