Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Do you eat breakfast? If so, what do you usually have?

touma.akagi

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Breakfast has been one of the most controversial meals in any social circle I've been in. Some people insist on eating it daily, as it's quite important, others skip it almost always and just have lunch and dinner, still others eat 5+ meals a day which no doubt means one of them is breakfast.

If you only want 2000 cals a day, skipping breakfast does make sense because you can eat just two 1000 cal meals a day. That's not magic.

I usually make protein pancakes each morning. The recipe makes about 8 but sometimes I don't eat them all. They're rather filling, so sometimes I have enough left over for tomorrow's breakfast. If I don't have the ingredients, though, I may grab some cereal and eat that instead.

Mike8

Don Juan
Reaction score
It's up to the individual. Gender, age, lifestyle, BMR, etc. Personally I do a protein shake shortly after waking up and an egg/sausage/cheese scrambler of sorts shortly after arriving at work with a yogurt/probiotic drink to boot.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Breakfast has been one of the most controversial meals in any social circle I've been in. Some people insist on eating it daily, as it's quite important, others skip it almost always and just have lunch and dinner, still others eat 5+ meals a day which no doubt means one of them is breakfast.

If you only want 2000 cals a day, skipping breakfast does make sense because you can eat just two 1000 cal meals a day. That's not magic.

I usually make protein pancakes each morning. The recipe makes about 8 but sometimes I don't eat them all. They're rather filling, so sometimes I have enough left over for tomorrow's breakfast. If I don't have the ingredients, though, I may grab some cereal and eat that instead.
I've gone round and round with breakfast too. I know this - a big fatty breakfast makes me feel worse. Bacon, eggs, biscuits, hash browns, pancakes and all that stuff, while good, just gives me heartburn and makes me want to lay on the couch all day. Cereal does too. About the only thing I've had any success with is fruit (usually a banana or grapes) or a fruit/vegetable smoothie, or maybe a nut/banana smoothie. If not that, I just skip it altogether. I've never enjoyed getting up and cooking/eating in the morning, nor am I a morning person, so I try to take in all my healthy nutrients in the morning, because it's going to be brutal anyway. Afterwards, it makes me feel like I've accomplished something and I don't have to quite as health conscious the rest of the day.

Once a week I also try to fast until dinner. Cutting breakfast is always easy, lunch is much tougher.

The problem, for me, with totally skipping breakfast everyday is that I am always hungrier at lunch and overeat.

backcountry50

Reaction score
Yeah, a meal prep casserole of: Bacon, Sausage, Cheese, Hash Browns, Eggs and gravy. It is not super healthy, but it is easy to consistently eat everyday. I eat a healthier lunch and skip dinner. This schedule works better for me than skipping breakfast and I'm in a better mood at work.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I eat the same breakfast every date: oatmeal mixed with m with ground cinamon, honey, and peanut butter. I also grab a medium sized apple and a handful of almonds. About a week ago I discovered canned sardines in water so started adding those too. I’m usually stuffed and good for about 5 hours.

PeasantPlayer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Usually do eggs and a organic fruit smoothie, my local grocer has a organic bag of fruit for 10 bucks so I blend that up, throw in some vitamin C powder.

Dr.Suave

Reaction score
Sometimes a couple of eggs.

Sometimes a slice of vegan cheese with a tortilla and a protein shake.

Sometimes a tuna with tortilla (I know, strange having tuna for breakfast but sometimes I crave it).

RickTheToad

Reaction score
I switch it up.

1) Overnight oats
2) Toast with whole cream cheese and avocado
3) Eggs with uncured bacon
4) Yogurt and honey
5) Egg salad

PeasantPlayer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Pastured raised eggs, bacon, toasted sourdough bread with chicken liver pate spread on top 2 ounces of gouda cheese bowl of brown cow yogurt organic fruits in the yogurt

stovepipe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've trained my mind in such a way that I can eat the same meals everyday and not get bored. I do make slight variations from time to time. I eat my breakfast around 1pm everyday. I've lost 60lbs this last year just from walking 3-5 miles a day, 4-6 times a week and eating healthy maybe 5 days out of the week.

Breakfast:

1 egg yolk
5-6 egg whites-Sometimes I add veggies or meat with my eggs
4-5 olives
Handful of pretzels, crackers or wheat thins
Big spoonful of hummus or greek yogurt
Few slices of cheese (sometimes)

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Big spoonful of hummus or greek yogurt
This is a good idea, as I'm tiring of my fruit/vegetable smoothies in the morning again. I've been doing just a banana or a couple boiled eggs lately because I've been lazy, and I need to do a little more. Eggs or banana with hummus or yogurt sounds awesome.

The problem is for me is simply forcing down ANY food in the morning, when I'm in a hurry. I have quit skipping breakfast so this is more critical for me now. I've noticed my guts get all weird and my morning sh*ts are nastier if I don't eat breakfast. Strange, I know, but there is something natural about breaking the fast in the morning.

I think fasting is meant to be for more than 1-2 meals, if you are going to do it.

flowtheory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I intermittent fast. First meal is at 10:30/11am

16oz of water with pink salt upon rising.
Decaf coffee afterwards with creatine in it then do a fasted workout.

——Wait until eating window ——-

have a protein shake and 1 giant bowl of oatmeal, with berries, hemp oil, hemp hearts, and ground flax. This totals all my daily carbs - (110g)

Cal S.

Reaction score
I find that the less complex carbohydrates (breads, potatoes) I intake in the morning the better I feel cognitively speaking. I’ll normally do a combo of something like eggs or steak, maybe some Greek yogurt or just a protein shake (sometimes I’ll add in some olive oil) if I’m in a hurry. I’ll build my carbohydrate intake around my training sessions which are typically at night.

If you train in the early morning you’ll want to make sure you’re getting some carbs post workout. Which will mean carbs for breakfast.

Totallykile

Reaction score
Organic Greek yogurt with whatever fruit you want to add in is great for me and also steel oats(oatmeal)and fresh fruit with a little brown sugar is a great energy boosting healthy meal as well. Eggs are great. Cereal is LOADED with sugar and not good for breakfast really(unless your buying a really healthy type of cereal). If you have an energy consuming day ahead which most of us do, breakfast is important for anyone. Your body needs fuel after sleeping and not eating for the past 8-12 hours before.(assuming you dont eat right before bed because that's not good for your health/body fat either)