Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Has anyone tried fasting? How effective was it?

thelad

Don Juan
Reaction score
This is something I got to work on. Theres two things that is lacking. sleeping the right hours and excercise.

Ive a beer belly but Im not fat. Must sort now or get downhill fast especially when I'm nearly 40 soon!

Thanks Ranger for the reference on books

My question to everyone is when your physical appearance improved through exercise and better self car DID your potential plates or interest come easier to you due to "better looking body" and stature.

R

Ranger

Yo this is solid advice i gota say. I have been fasting now for around 3 months and its been the best decision i made to lose weight, I went from 84.5kg to 77.5kg but there is still a long way to go. Like Ranger says its really important to break your fast correctly otherwise all the hard work will be lost.

Ranger i am interested to know what a keto fat bomb is? Is it a supplement you buy or make yourself? I am from the UK so there isnt alot i can find about this...

I will start to break my fast know with more fatty foods rather then the grains/sugars you are talking about..

But yeah IF was a gamechanger for me in more ways than one!
A fat bomb is a portion of fat that you eat that, at the end of your fast, will immediately initiate fat metabolism. It “primes the pump”

You can do a search fro many different kinds and concoctions so you can pick which one appeals to you. Some keep it simple and just eat an avocado with sea salt sprinkled on it.

The key here is DO NOT dump carbs into your stomach to break a fast. You just waste a good fast. Grains and sugars will only prime your pump to burn sugar which is a filthy fuel. Grains are garbage. Grains=sugar. No difference.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A fat bomb is a portion of fat that you eat that, at the end of your fast, will immediately initiate fat metabolism. It “primes the pump”

You can do a search fro many different kinds and concoctions so you can pick which one appeals to you. Some keep it simple and just eat an avocado with sea salt sprinkled on it.

The key here is DO NOT dump carbs into your stomach to break a fast. You just waste a good fast. Grains and sugars will only prime your pump to burn sugar which is a filthy fuel. Grains are garbage. Grains=sugar. No difference.
Do you eat any fruits at all?

R

Ranger

Do you eat any fruits at all?
I do eat pink grapefruits now and them but vitamin C is made naturally by an optimized body.
However, green vegetables are critical. Very much so. Vital. You get more vitamin C from vegetables than fruit anyway. Broccoli and Brussels give you more than enough.

I like fry Brussels or asparagus up in butter or coconut oil. Delicious.
These new “greens” supplements work really well I understand as well.

Most fruits are loaded with sugar so I eat them sparingly. Most people eat fruits for the sugar.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I do eat pink grapefruits now and them but vitamin C is made naturally by an optimized body.
However, green vegetables are critical. Very much so. Vital. You get more vitamin C from vegetables than fruit anyway. Broccoli and Brussels give you more than enough.

I like fry Brussels or asparagus up in butter or coconut oil. Delicious.
These new “greens” supplements work really well I understand as well.

Most fruits are loaded with sugar so I eat them sparingly. Most people eat fruits for the sugar.
Yeah in theory I can't deny that eating fruit 'sounds' bad, and I hate eating fruit, but I also can't deny how much better I feel when I eat them. I try to drink fruit/vegetable smoothies (banana, grapes, cucumber, kale, celery and apple) whenever I can, for breakfast. I hate breakfast and I hate fruits, so I knock out those two birds with one stone. Plus it also seems like those type foods make your body more alkaline and get rid of inflammation, literally feels like it flushes out my system.

bobafatt

Don Juan
Reaction score
This is something I got to work on. Theres two things that is lacking. sleeping the right hours and excercise.

Ive a beer belly but Im not fat. Must sort now or get downhill fast especially when I'm nearly 40 soon!

Thanks Ranger for the reference on books

My question to everyone is when your physical appearance improved through exercise and better self car DID your potential plates or interest come easier to you due to "better looking body" and stature.

Of course! Exersize and healthy diet/fasting shouldnt be a phase to pull more plates though but a LIFESTYLE. When you really start to see the results your confidence and energy will sky rocket!

Its still early days for me but in the 3 months i have been on this journey so many changes have happened. For one i am now buying clothes which are a Medium size before they were XL..That alone has caught the eyes of plates as the clothes i wear are more trendy and fit better. I was in a dead end relationship before and now that has finished and im in a comfortable spot ive had way more dates then ive ever had ...still get rejected but hey cant be perfect!

Give it a go, but really stick to it! it is hard to begin with but you will get used to it!

bobafatt

Don Juan
Reaction score

Did a bit of research on KETO diet foods, so essentially to break a fast you wana stick to foods which are high in fats?!

Today i had pistacio nuts, packet of salmon, banana and red grapes. when it comes to my main meal tonight can i include brown rice or should i kick grains and carbs out of my diet completely? That will be my last meal just before 8pm.

R

Ranger

Yeah in theory I can't deny that eating fruit 'sounds' bad, and I hate eating fruit, but I also can't deny how much better I feel when I eat them. I try to drink fruit/vegetable smoothies (banana, grapes, cucumber, kale, celery and apple) whenever I can, for breakfast. I hate breakfast and I hate fruits, so I knock out those two birds with one stone. Plus it also seems like those type foods make your body more alkaline and get rid of inflammation, literally feels like it flushes out my system.
Keeping it under 20’grams per day should be ok.

Until your body converts to burning fats, (turning those genes on), there will be a rough go of it.
Once you get converted, your body knows what to do. Some even feel a little sick for a few days.

Your body will learn to replenish during the conversion. By not getting through it and relying on fruit sugars will only prolong the process and may not even allow it to take place because the fruit sugar will continue to set up fruit cravings as well as carb cravings. So you will have to weigh it out for yourself.

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Look I'll probably trigger all the keto and paleo guys but as long as they reply back with scientific references I'm happy to be educated.

Michael Mosley was trained as a doctor and has been researching weight loss for more than 15 years. He brought out the 5 2 diet.

I've suggested that is a good place to start rather than some of the more extreme diets

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1550413115002247

And

https://www-news--medical-net.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.news-medical.net/amp/health/Fast-52-Diet-Evidence-.aspx?amp_js_v=a2&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQCCAE=#referrer=https://www.google.com&amp_tf=From %1$s&ampshare=https://www.news-medical.net/health/Fast-52-Diet-Evidence-.aspx

And cautionary reading for the keto guys

https://www.news-medical.net/news/2...-fat-diets-fuel-colorectal-cancer-growth.aspx

I'm no scientist from all this reading as far as I can tell:

Intermittent fasting does work

constant calorie restriction aka dieting doesn't work probably because people don't stick to it. If you can stick to it it does work.

Keto does work but can have health dangers. all the scientific studies on Keto diets did keto cycling. To minimise the health impacts on their rats. So basically a week of keto and a week of a normal carb diet. if the scientists don't want to kill their rats maybe that suggests that you don't want to experiment with straight keto on yourself. So if you're going to do keto I d suggest a week on a week off.

5 2 or some variation is a safe and easy way because most of the week you're just eating a normal diet. HOWEVER it doesn't work any better it's just easier:

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2018/11/181126115842.htm. This is a 2018 study guys read this.

Obviously that assumes your normal diet isn't going to Burger King everyday.

and everytime we mention science some simian says well this study says that the other study says this we can't trust those guys.

Yes and science has a mechanism to sort that out. It's called a literature review.

So in summary of all this. It's reducing calories that affects your weight and gives the other health benefits. All methods of doing this will get results, keto, paleo, 5 2 whatever as long as you are restricting calories. If you're going to do keto do cycling because it's safer.

Keto or paleo guys if you're going to come back at me with a study of your own. the then please also include a meta study aka literature review because one study on its own doesn't mean much. Unless of course it's an experiment trying to reconcile competing studies like the one I quoted.

Last edited:

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Look I'll probably trigger all the keto and paleo guys but as long as they reply back with scientific references I'm happy to be educated.

Michael Mosley was trained as a doctor and has been researching weight loss for more than 15 years. He brought out the 5 2 diet.

I've suggested that is a good place to start rather than some of the more extreme diets

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1550413115002247

And

https://www-news--medical-net.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.news-medical.net/amp/health/Fast-52-Diet-Evidence-.aspx?amp_js_v=a2&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQCCAE=#referrer=https://www.google.com&amp_tf=From %1$s&ampshare=https://www.news-medical.net/health/Fast-52-Diet-Evidence-.aspx

And cautionary reading for the keto guys

https://www.news-medical.net/news/2...-fat-diets-fuel-colorectal-cancer-growth.aspx

I'm no scientist from all this reading as far as I can tell:

Intermittent fasting does work

constant calorie restriction aka dieting doesn't work probably because people don't stick to it. If you can stick to it it does work.

Keto does work but can have health dangers. all the scientific studies on Keto diets did keto cycling. To minimise the health impacts on their rats. So basically a week of keto and a week of a normal carb diet. if the scientists don't want to kill their rats maybe that suggests that you don't want to experiment with straight keto on yourself. So if you're going to do keto I d suggest a week on a week off.

5 2 or some variation is a safe and easy way because most of the week you're just eating a normal diet. HOWEVER it doesn't work any better it's just easier:

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2018/11/181126115842.htm. This is a 2018 study guys read this.

Obviously that assumes your normal diet isn't going to Burger King everyday.

and everytime we mention science some simian says well this study says that the other study says this we can't trust those guys.

Yes and science has a mechanism to sort that out. It's called a literature review.

So in summary of all this. It's reducing calories that affects your weight and gives the other health benefits. All methods of doing this will get results, keto, paleo, 5 2 whatever as long as you are restricting calories. If you're going to do keto do cycling because it's safer.

Keto or paleo guys if you're going to come back at me with a study of your own. the then please also include a meta study aka literature review because one study on its own doesn't mean much. Unless of course it's an experiment trying to reconcile competing studies like the one I quoted.
I'm not a keto guy, I actually don't like it, but again I don't think "science" encapsulates everything. I think everyone's body is different. Processed sugar makes me feel like sh*t. Fruit sugar makes me feel great. I don't know the science but I know one is good for me and one isn't.

I also think jacking up the fat intake will give you a heart attack. But I also think keto can do you some good, but yeah not for a sustained amount of time. A month max, but that still doesn't mean you can gorge on steak, burgers and butter-drench eggs and wash it down with a quart of olive oil.

I mean, at the end of the day, it seems to me that a plant-based diet, with some fat intake and some meat intake and LESS carb intake (than the average American), within a reasonable amount of calories, is the best way to go. Try to minimize processed stuff. Exercise. Fast once a week. Those things seem to encompass all successful 'diets'.

I've also never had an issue when I simply didn't eat. Or ate less. It just doesn't seem to bother me. We eat way too much as it is.

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Absolutely. And any scientist will tell u science is a statistical thing. Maybe a new diet helps 60% of people had no effect on 30 and harms 10.

NiceBarn

Don Juan
Reaction score
He’s always angry but makes me laugh. He has lots of vids out there. Cole Robinson. I did this for two weeks back in October and lost 16 lbs. I’ve since gained about half back with doing maintenance fasts (one meal a day or 24 hour fasts). It’s fast and effective but not always easy. I’ve tried again a month ago, but haven't been able to get past 48 hours. The first time I did it, the 72 hour was brutal.