Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

nicksaiz65 Odyssey

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
This thread is pretty much gonna be my self-improvement journal. I’ll be posting in here on at least a weekly basis on my 9 month journey from Non-Juan to Don Juan. The first couple posts might be really long cause I want to get some background stuff out of the way. But enjoy, and I’m looking forward to going on this journey with you all!

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
12/9/17: Primer
So for starters, I’d like to talk a little bit about who I am and what drove me to this website. I’m a 20 year old African American in college studying Computer Science. I’d definitely still consider myself a nerd, but in a lot of ways I’ve moved past that. In the past I was a classic nerd case, really smart, but antisocial and pretty much every stereotype you could think of. But then one day, I stumbled across the DJ website. I started lifting weights and I learned how to talk to people. I’d consider myself a reasonably social person now, and I’m decently confident in that. I’m in a fraternity, I play violin at a bar, I’m classically trained, and I think pretty well of myself. On paper, you’d think I’d be a guy who would pull with ease. But I’ve noticed some issues that I really want to solve. I have definitely had a number of successes with women, but I feel like I could be doing way better. As I’ve done some reflecting, I still have a lot of self-esteem issues. These are crippling me, there have been a lot of situations where I wouldve had a good chance with a girl but I rejected MYSELF. What really set me off was when my dream girl, who I still work with to this day, broke up with her boyfriend and yet when I tried to initiate anything with her pretty much blew me off. Combine that with some horrible comments that people made towards me, and I wanted to make a return to the DJ Website. Some people might say that it’s lame to use a website to learn game and improve your life in general... but every time I looked at people who had no issue pulling women, they were using the DJ Principles, even though they didn’t know it! And on top of that, every blunder I had ever made in the past was described on this website. I knew it was time for a change. My goal is, by the start of my senior year, to be a smooth Don Juan, improve my academics, and improve my WHOLE LIFE.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
12/9/17: Insecurity Breaker
I think the first big thing to attack is my insecurities. I used to think it was a game issue, but as I dig deeper it’s really more of a confidence issue. I know if I can eliminate these insecurities that my game will increase tenfold. I did what the DJ Bible said, and I wrote down everything that I have an issue with about myself.
Insecurities to Shatter:
Zero Cardio endurance, out of shape
Need to lose this small belly I’ve gained
Bad hair.... I need my hair to be on point
Fix that occasional bad breath
No rhythm... when I can dance really well I’d be way more confident. Especially since everyone knows my fraternity for dancing and I can’t dance.
I want to keep improving my swag with the clothes
I talk really proper. I want to learn to have a “street voice” and a more refined voice.

I know if I shatter these, everything will go do much smoother. I’m already taking steps to attack these. I’ve been going thrifting and stepped up the style game tremendously. And it’s made a difference. I feel way more confident. Girls are sliding in MY DM’s and one girl even picked ME up off the street. I’m watching lots of hair channels on YouTube. I’ve bought lots of hair products and brushes. Also invested in some Wahl Color Pros and a good Mirror to learn to cut my own hair. I want some waves on top with a bald fade, I’ll post a picture too. Also got my ears pierced which is making a difference. Fitness wise, I’m doing Podrunner Intervals First Day To 5K to build my endurance. For my body, I don’t have to be too big. In the future I’d love to be a bodybuilder.... but for NOW I just want a lean sexy Trey Songz type body. Also working on growing a beard. It may take some time, but as my confidence continues to improve I know I can become a major force.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
12/11/17: Instant Improvement!!!
It’s amazing how just some little changes will get you the results you want. I’m spinning 2 plates right now, we’ll call them Winter and Nixon. Nixon was the girl who picked me up off the street, and Winter was a girl who I failed to get with in the past. We fell off, but I’ve been recently talking to her. By just using Pook’s Technique of not being scared of my sexuality, I’ve created high interest in her. She’s calling me love and babe, coming over tomorrow, and we’re already talking about the dirty things we’re gonna do to each other ;)
Self Improvement wise, I think I’ve been doing ok too. I copped some Wahl Chrome Pros that I found on sale, and we’re gonna get some crispy haircuts going soon. I also bought some olive oil so I don’t end up with that dry, crunchy hair. Still attacking the insecurities. I’ve been doing push-ups and running every day, and I’ve been brushing hard so I can get my waves to come in. Just started Week 3 of Podrunner Intervals and my endurance is improving a little bit already. Additionally, I’ve started reading “The Rational Male” by Rollo Tomassi. Some of the words are big, but it’s a really good read so far. It’s crazy how all these PUA’s describe the way people work, what women respond to, and how AFCs mess up perfectly. So that’s all good, but the main thing I’m really upset about is my schoolwork. It’s finals week, and I can already tell that my grades are gonna be pretty trash. I gotta stay focused and work harder next semester so I can get this 4.0 I’ve always dreamed of. Speaking of that, I’m about to log off, put on some Monstercat, and study my freaking butt off to ace this final in a couple days

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Were you looking ruffed up that caused that chick to pick you up? Or looking a little out of place? Seems odd to me. Go ahead, and put on your music, and study in order to salvage your sub-par GPA.
Honestly, I couldn’t tell you! I was walking to get some groceries and she stops her car and she’s like “dang boy I see you! What’s your Snap?” I was wearing a really nice silk shirt and bomber jacket that day, so that could’ve been it. The power of thrifting. I Snapped her and I’ve gotten responses, so we’ll see how that goes. If it works, great! If not, I’m not really stressing it

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
FYI spinning plates = women you are actively banging not chicks you haven't even been on dates with.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses guys, I appreciate it!
12/12/17: Wins and Losses
So today was a pretty eventful day. Spent most of it studying for my final on Wednesday. Winter and I had planned to meet up today, but OF COURSE I got stood up. Which is even weirder because she asked me if I was free, then suddenly stopped responding. Idk, I don’t understand women lol. I’m not gonna cut her off, but I’m not really gonna go out of my way to hang out with her anymore either. But some good did come out of this. I did a lot of reading and watching on oral sex to prepare, so I don’t feel totally clueless about it like before. After studying all day, I felt like crap and decided that I wanted to give my new Wahl Chrome Pros a spin and cut my own hair. And you know what... it actually came out kinda clean! I’m definitely getting way better and starting to get the hang of cutting hair. In a month, I should be able to master the blowout taper. And if I can do that, I’ll have a crispy haircut 24/7. A couple side notes. First of all, I’ve noticed that getting blown out is kind of a recurring theme in my life. I get a few messages, and then I get left on “read.” I was reading some Good Looking Loser, and the only thing I can really think of is continuing to improve myself. If I can level myself up a lot this Winter Break then I shouldn’t get rejected nearly as much. Secondly... I’ve decided I’m gonna do the dang thing. I want to be one of the best Don Juans to walk this Earth. Instead of half-doing a come up in 9 months, I’ll extend it to 2 years, by my 23rd birthday. And for all the people that I wanted to prove wrong... I’ll show them along the way as part of that 2 year come-up.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
12/13/17: Increase Your Standards in Yourself
So that final today was literally the hardest test I’ve ever taken. Definitely failed it. Great, I get to go home with yet another crappy GPA. At least I did an hour of cardio after that test to help take out some stress. So not only am I getting blown out by women, I’m struggling in school too. The only solution is to work harder... I’m gonna spend my whole Winter Break working on academics or just improving myself. Thinking about what Pook said, I can either lower my standards or increase my standards in myself.

Winter Break Goals(Complete by 1/15/18):
Finish Podrunner Intervals and be able to jog 40 minutes without stopping
Get my squat back to at least 5x5 225
Practice my violin at least 3 hours a day
Don’t be a slob. Keep my room clean
Go shopping/thrifting at least 4 times over break to improve that style
Produce 20 new quality tracks in FL Studio
Totally Master the “street voice”
Grow back my hairline since I’ve accidentally pushed it back
Replace my current nerdy glasses with my gold “playa” glasses that I have at home
Finish my earring care routine and replace them with some even bigger diamond studs
Study a couple hours every single day... prepare for retaking Foundations and preparing for Calculus 2. Watch all the lectures for my programming class so I’m way ahead once the semester starts.
Finish reading “The Rational Male” and one other book as well
Master the blowout taper so I can give myself a fresh cut whenever I want
Totally fix my rhythm issues. Post a lit music video where I’m singing and dancing like crazy
Sleep with at least 2 new women, even if they’re not super bad. I just need some more sexual experience so that it’s not an insecurity when I work my way up to the real baddies
Brush my hair a minimum of an hour every single day. Gotta get these waves going
Do some programming each day to improve my skillz

Now I know this is a lot to do, but it’s ok if I don’t finish it all. Even half would be good. And instead of sitting on my butt playing video games all day I might as well work towards the life I want, right? Doing all of these sub-Goals is the best way I can think of to boost my confidence.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
12/17/17: Venti

So this post might be a little bit of a vent. Sorry about that. Just want to talk about what I’m thinking so I can move past it.

Just thinking, I feel like I’ve wasted my whole childhood and I’m totally responsible for the situation that I’m in right now. I’m 20 years old, and life just isn’t going the way I want it to go. I have a whole plan to put my life back together... it’s working but the slow progress makes me miserable while I’m not where I want to be yet. I know I’ll win in the end, but while I’m in the process of coming up I’m just like “ugh.” It’s the discomfort of still being in that transition phase.

What got me thinking about this is a classic one-itis case. I play with my dream girl in a band, and she had a boyfriend(who is 8 years older than her btw) so I put it to the side. But one day, she breaks up with her boyfriend, and I’m thinking this is my chance. How do I Game her? Like a total AFC of course. And then she gets back with her boyfriend. Since we work in the same band(which I can’t quit cause I don’t wanna lose my source of income or just drop out like a jerk) I can’t go No Contact. I’m cordial, but it’s like a knife in my back when I see them kissing and talking romantically in front of me. The obvious solution would be to get a better, even hotter girl. But even that isn’t going right yet, I’m still on my path to self improvement. I get a lot of girls flirting with me and my confidence is improving... but I can never escalate things with girls it seems. Most of the girls that I find attractive either ignore me or blow me out. And I know I can do better.

What kills me is that I’ve known about the DJ site and bodybuilding for a long time. If I had just taken this stuff super seriously and put it all to work by the age of 15, I would be a Demi-God now and none of these problems would be happening. Like Pook said, I feel like “a super nerd sleepwalking through life.” And I feel like I just woke up... not only with women but in life.

I was supposed to be the best coder and violinist. I’m decent, but it’s not happening. I feel like my life is just a mess all the way across the board.

Today, I’ve decided I’m putting my foot down. NO MORE. No more being miserable, being disrespected, humiliated, and not pursuing the life that I want. I’ve never been so angry in my whole life honestly, and I’m gonna use that as motivation. I used to think that I could become an amazing Don Juan in a few months. But these problems run really deep. So I’m gonna extend my time limit and fix my LIFE. By my 24th birthday, I want to be the ultimate Don Juan in life.

I used to think 24 was too old. But I’m thinking of this as a super long journey, and I can get my women and my successes along the roadmarks. Knowing what I know now... I can use these 3.5 years to be unstoppable. I’m gonna max myself the fukk our physically with StrongLifts. My social skills will be godly. I’ll be a fashion and hair model. I’ll be a coding wizard, and so on. I’ve already wasted too much time, so every waking second is gonna be used towards work unless I’m playing video games before bed or something.

Now I know I’m gonna need a lot of help the whole time to get there. Definitely gonna stay on Sosuave this whole journey to keep myself determined. All my problems in the past have been caused by ignorance and laziness. Now, I feel like I’ve eliminated both. And I can become the greatest Don Juan. I’m giving myself a blank slate, a good 3 years to fix my life and start anew. So I don’t get overwhelmed, I’m taking it one step at a time. Starting by getting into shape, which is already happening, and increasing my value as much as I can. I just wanna keep going until I’m in the top 1% in life.

I’d just like to know you all’s thoughts on this. Comments questions and support greatly appreciated. Sorry if this post seems whiny, I just want to get some opinions on what’s going on in my head instead of hiding from the truth like I have the last 20 years.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
12/19/17: Level Up

So it’s officially my Winter Break now. Since I’ve been on a few rants and negative questions lately, I thought that I’d keep this update totally positive and talk about the progress I’ve been making towards my goals.

Let’s start by talking about my glasses. I’ve had some thick, really nerdy glasses that don’t compliment my face for a while now. But today, I finally switched them out for some golden Brook’s Brothers frames. And these bad boys are swagged out. They look really good. Posted a bomb ass selfie(getting better at taking those too) on the Snap. A girl who I thought was cute but I didn’t go for before she graduated college was like “Ok I see youuuuu!!!” With 3 clapping emojis and heart eyes. So that’s enough to tell me that the looks part of my game has definitely leveled up! My beard is coming in too. So when I get my full beard and waves this look is gonna really pop.

Just got my grades back today. Oof. Really gotta do better next semester. I’m not worried about it though, cause my work ethic has improved tenfold and I know I’m gonna do great things next semester.

Fitness wise. Still running every day. I’ve gotta get in really good shape myself cause I’m tryna get me some athletic honeys, and the confidence as well. I’ve been thinking, I could wear the best clothes in the world but if I feel like crap cause of my gut, it’s no good. I’m on Week 4 of Podrunner Intervals, and I’m really starting to struggle. But I’m gonna keep pushing myself and rest to build this cardio endurance. I’ve let myself get in such bad shape I don’t even know if I can run a mile anymore. If I can’t do even that, I’ll never be able to dance. So I’m making cardio the main priority of my training program now. I’ll still be lifting weights, squatting especially, to maintain my muscle mass.

I’ve been putting lots of time into my passions too. Did a whole hour of just scales on my violin, and I’m learning FL Studio too. I really want to release a dance video before school gets back in, so I’m working hard for that.

For my books, I’m still reading The Rational Male. Very interesting read, he’s talking about how women don’t use deductive reasoning like men and things like that. I’ve been reading a lot of the self improvement section from Dr. Nerdlove too and I’m trying to apply it the best I can.

Been working on making my voice less proper and more “street” too. I make sure to listen to at least 3 dumb mumble rap albums a day and I’m practicing singing along to it.

I really need to break this dry spell that I’ve been on lately though, it’s getting really annoying. Unfortunately, I don’t really have any girl contacts in my town off the top of my head. So I updated my Tinder profile and we’re gonna go that route. Made sure my profile is nice and good. If I have to bang some girls that aren’t super hot so be it, I just need to break the dry spell and get in some practice. Gonna start researching what there is to do in my town too... I’m kinda thinking about starting to do cold approaches, I don’t know. Right now, I just don’t know where to meet women without coming off as creepy. For starters, I’m just gonna start being more social and going out with my friends more.

But that’s about it! Been using my time very effectively so far and I’m gonna make sure I make the most out of this break. Good to make an optimistic post again.

Last edited:

fastlife

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Been working on making my voice less proper and more “street” too. I make sure to listen to at least 3 dumb mumble rap albums a day and I’m practicing singing along to it.
Bro...fvck that lol. Focus on sounding more dominant. If you have super high status & preselection (an entourage, media coverage, girls in VIP) you can get by with mumbling like a little b1tch because everyone already cares with what you have to say. Practically, if you're going out by yourself or even in your day-to-day life, you'll get far more mileage out of cultivating a 'breaking-rapport' tonality & speaking with more authority/projection & a slower cadence.

Remember, your voice is a tool to project your reality. What is that reality? Do you know? Is it 'street?' Or will that be super incongruent to you? You're inviting yourself to a world of sh1t testing & clowning if you sound like you're putting up a front; will you be able to handle that sh1t testing yet? Probably not--and that's no offense, but your frame isn't there yet from what I can tell--and furthermore it's not something that will even get you much tangible benefit (unless your exclusively fishing for hoodrats or white girls that really want a super stereotypical black bf to show off on Insta since that's pretty trendy right now lol).

That said, there's something to be said to cultivating an 'air of danger' or an edge. But that can be done by just speaking dominantly & not qualifying or talking too much about yourself & being comfortable breaking social norms. You probably haven't gotten that far in TRM yet but pay attention to the sections on letting the girl's imagination do the work for you.

Gonna start researching what there is to do in my town too... I’m kinda thinking about starting to do cold approaches, I don’t know. Right now, I just don’t know where to meet women without coming off as creepy. For starters, I’m just gonna start being more social and going out with my friends more.
Yes, you are going to do cold approaches. If you want to improve lol. Tinder is pretty limited; and depending on your area, super limited. You can bang any number of desperate fatties with a couple texts without ever confronting the insecurities that will keep you from succeeding with the girls you really want. I’m not saying not to bust your slump but realize that it’s not gonna solve your underlying issues. You’ll still catch oneitis for the girl who’s a cut above what you’re used to when she shows the tiniest bit of interest.

Logically, it makes sense to start at the bottom & work your way up, but really it’s easier to start at the top sometimes. Growth is on the edges. You’d be surprised what your brain is capable of coming up with when you’re dealing with women you’re really, really attracted towards. And, believe it or not, even when I was starting out, I had a far easier time pulling girls who were 8+ than girls in the 6-7 range. Generally, hotter girls are super socially calibrated & are less threatened by fear of rejection; they tend to be more receptive & sh1t test far less. Unfortunately, really hot girls are super rare so you'll have to practice with girls you aren't super attracted to.

But stop worrying about being creepy. Girls feel about you the way you feel about yourself. If you think what you're doing is creepy then, yeah, your vibe'll be creepy & you'll be working within a self-fulfilling prophecy. You're a man; you have needs & you're naturally attracted to girls. There is 100% nothing weird from approaching girls who interest you. In fact, you're being fundamentally dishonest if you don't approach her. That's creepy. That's unnatural. Now, be respectful; if you can sense a girl is getting uncomfortable take a step back; if she reject you, smile, say have a great day, and walk away. But, congrats, you just won. You went after what you wanted.

You're also young (and from what I can gather) in your hometown. The social stakes probably seem really high from where you are; it probably seems like the connections you have with those people are the most important connections you'll ever have (even though in 5 years, 90% of those people will no longer be an active part of your life). Are there other areas 15-30 minutes away where you can go out and practice? Especially starting out, you'll be socially uncalibrated & uncalibrated, so you will weird some people out. That's OK, but better to weird out people who aren't in your social circle & who you probably won't ever see again. Plus, you'll get less pushback from your environment, since they haven't already put you in a box of who they think you are.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bro...fvck that lol. Focus on sounding more dominant. If you have super high status & preselection (an entourage, media coverage, girls in VIP) you can get by with mumbling like a little b1tch because everyone already cares with what you have to say. Practically, if you're going out by yourself or even in your day-to-day life, you'll get far more mileage out of cultivating a 'breaking-rapport' tonality & speaking with more authority/projection & a slower cadence.

Remember, your voice is a tool to project your reality. What is that reality? Do you know? Is it 'street?' Or will that be super incongruent to you? You're inviting yourself to a world of sh1t testing & clowning if you sound like you're putting up a front; will you be able to handle that sh1t testing yet? Probably not--and that's no offense, but your frame isn't there yet from what I can tell--and furthermore it's not something that will even get you much tangible benefit (unless your exclusively fishing for hoodrats or white girls that really want a super stereotypical black bf to show off on Insta since that's pretty trendy right now lol).

That said, there's something to be said to cultivating an 'air of danger' or an edge. But that can be done by just speaking dominantly & not qualifying or talking too much about yourself & being comfortable breaking social norms. You probably haven't gotten that far in TRM yet but pay attention to the sections on letting the girl's imagination do the work for you.

Yes, you are going to do cold approaches. If you want to improve lol. Tinder is pretty limited; and depending on your area, super limited. You can bang any number of desperate fatties with a couple texts without ever confronting the insecurities that will keep you from succeeding with the girls you really want. I’m not saying not to bust your slump but realize that it’s not gonna solve your underlying issues. You’ll still catch oneitis for the girl who’s a cut above what you’re used to when she shows the tiniest bit of interest.

Logically, it makes sense to start at the bottom & work your way up, but really it’s easier to start at the top sometimes. Growth is on the edges. You’d be surprised what your brain is capable of coming up with when you’re dealing with women you’re really, really attracted towards. And, believe it or not, even when I was starting out, I had a far easier time pulling girls who were 8+ than girls in the 6-7 range. Generally, hotter girls are super socially calibrated & are less threatened by fear of rejection; they tend to be more receptive & sh1t test far less. Unfortunately, really hot girls are super rare so you'll have to practice with girls you aren't super attracted to.

But stop worrying about being creepy. Girls feel about you the way you feel about yourself. If you think what you're doing is creepy then, yeah, your vibe'll be creepy & you'll be working within a self-fulfilling prophecy. You're a man; you have needs & you're naturally attracted to girls. There is 100% nothing weird from approaching girls who interest you. In fact, you're being fundamentally dishonest if you don't approach her. That's creepy. That's unnatural. Now, be respectful; if you can sense a girl is getting uncomfortable take a step back; if she reject you, smile, say have a great day, and walk away. But, congrats, you just won. You went after what you wanted.

You're also young (and from what I can gather) in your hometown. The social stakes probably seem really high from where you are; it probably seems like the connections you have with those people are the most important connections you'll ever have (even though in 5 years, 90% of those people will no longer be an active part of your life). Are there other areas 15-30 minutes away where you can go out and practice? Especially starting out, you'll be socially uncalibrated & uncalibrated, so you will weird some people out. That's OK, but better to weird out people who aren't in your social circle & who you probably won't ever see again. Plus, you'll get less pushback from your environment, since they haven't already put you in a box of who they think you are.
Yeah I feel you on the top down thing. At school I work in a bar playing violin so I get a chance to do some approaches every week. Getting numbers of girls that are really hot isn’t super hard anymore. Where I get stuck is following up... actually getting them on dates and stuff and not getting ignored lol. Maybe that’ll get a bit easier now that I’ve improved my looks and all that. I’m back in my hometown for Break, and I just wasn’t sure where to go to meet women since I don’t really know if any parties are being thrown and I’ve got a small more stay in group of friends. But I looked a bit on Instagram, and I found a club/bar that people go to. Actually, turns out I know the person who DJs there! So I’m gonna get me some rhythm, keep reading, and then head down there and get on some approaches

Young OG

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
This thread is pretty much gonna be my self-improvement journal. I’ll be posting in here on at least a weekly basis on my 9 month journey from Non-Juan to Don Juan. The first couple posts might be really long cause I want to get some background stuff out of the way. But enjoy, and I’m looking forward to going on this journey with you all!
Nice to see another journal on here. This forum needs more of them. I'm probably one of the only guys on here who still updates his.

Good luck on your journey. Depending on the person, it can take a long or short time to get to where you want to be. I'm still not at where I wanted to be when I first made my journal. You just can't give up. Keep pushing. The link for my journal is in my signature if you want to check it out.

Good luck!

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nice to see another journal on here. This forum needs more of them. I'm probably one of the only guys on here who still updates his.

Good luck on your journey. Depending on the person, it can take a long or short time to get to where you want to be. I'm still not at where I wanted to be when I first made my journal. You just can't give up. Keep pushing. The link for my journal is in my signature if you want to check it out.

Good luck!
Thanks! I definitely won’t give up and I’ll take a look at your journal too. I’m thinking this might be a really long journal, I wanna keep it going until I’m a Master Don Juan. To stay motivated and all

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
12/23/17: Christmas Time Self-Improvement!
Thought I’d post a quick update right before Christmas. Planned on heading out to the downtown bar to do some approaches but of course my home car breaks down so haven’t been able to do that yet. It’ll be fixed the week after Christmas most likely so I’ll be able to hit the bar and do some approaches before I go back to school. As for how I’ve been spending my time to improve in the meantime, I’ve been focusing on fitness, my hobbies, fashion, and reading The Rational Male.

Fitness
Definitely improving here. I’m doing what I did last summer to lose fat fast... cardio every single day, 100-300 push-ups every day so I don’t lose my muscle, and core work. My diet hasn’t been perfect, but it’s been reasonable. I like this plan because I can focus on the cardio, go to the gym once a day, and lose fat fast. I can definitely tell I’m starting to lose fat and I’m getting in better cardio shape. Been stretching as well. My shins have really been hurting, so I’m taking a couple days off. But I’ll get right back on it. I already have a pretty good foundation of muscle due to training that I’ve done in the past. But my number one priority fitness wise is shredding this belly, seeing washboard abs and being in shape. So once I get my cardio endurance up I’ll be running every single day and cutting until I see rock hard abs. I don’t think that it’ll take more than 2-3 months. I can always clean bulk after that if I need to.

Fashion
Still stepping up the game. Copped about 4 T-Shirts and a couple chains. Still improving, gonna post these outfits to Instagram. Not much to say, just something I’m gonna continue to improve over time.

Hobbies
Been practicing my violin and learning FL Studio to make these new beats. Probably gonna do like 3-5 really polished beats instead of 20 unpolished ones. One interesting thing I noticed is that writing and playing music helps cure the negative thoughts that I have. After a good session, they just disappear for some reason. So like they say in the DJB, I’m gonna throw myself into my hobbies. Also been studying for school next semester so that I can make these excellent grades. Trying to fix my life overall... that’ll make a big difference. Can’t keep failing these classes, it’s ruining my self esteem too.

Reading
I’m about 22% of the way done reading The Rational Male. Right now, the book is talking about “buffers” and fear of rejection. Applying this to myself, I’ve been thinking that 70% of my problems come from lack of confidence and value. I don’t fear rejection, for the most part I can get numbers no problem. The problem is the voice in my head that says “Oh she would never like someone like you.” Just ignoring that voice isn’t enough for me... I need to confront the voice at its roots. And I do this by raising my confidence and value. So after I finish my reading, these two things are all I’m gonna work on. Simple but effective. And I’ll bet that will solve a lot of my dating problems.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The Rational Male Review

Wow. So I’ve been reading my butt off the last few weeks, and I’m proud to say that I just finished reading The Rational Male(thanks to a few binge sessions later in the week.) Great read, and I’d definitely recommend it to you all. If I had to pick a few concepts that directly apply to me, I would choose fluid identity/self-improvement, how stifling your sexuality doesn’t work, and keep yourself reserved yet interested when gaming a woman. You can be literally whoever you want to be, and if you want the top tier women then you need to improve yourself and your life into someone worth peoples time. Don’t conform to what society says you are, smash those stereotypes and create your own identity. Stifling sexuality is a nice guy thing too. I used to think that the best way to get a girl was to be super nice and give her lots of attention... when really you should be kind of mysterious, on the cusp of being interested, and don’t give it all away yet. Judge by actions and not by words. Really, this book takes a lot of concepts that are on the DJ site and states them in a different way, and goes into the psychology of why things work and don’t work. Very interesting read.

With this, I’ve read the DJ Bible, The Book of Pook, Weapons of Mass Seduction, and The Rational Male. I’m seeing a lot of overlap between all of these books. With that, I think I’ve got enough of a base knowledge of stuff to focus less on gathering information, and more on fixing my life and self improvement. I’m still going to learn as much as I can though. Next, I think I’m gonna start watching the Real Social Dynamics stuff. But at the same time, now I think I’ll see the most results by putting the focus on improving me and getting out there and meeting these women.

I read this book cover to cover, but as I go on my self improvement journey I’m gonna have to definitely refer back to it so I can really get these concepts in my head over the course of time. Great read, and I’d give it an 8/10.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Haircut Update
So as I mentioned earlier, I’m learning to cut my own hair. If I can learn to cut it, I can stay chopped 24/7, and if I can do that I’ll be much more confident and better looking. This is my third time attempting to fade my hair, and I kinda jacked it up. It wasn’t horrible, but it’s uneven not a clean cut at all. But at least I do feel like I’m getting a feel for the clippers and I’m learning how to use them right. Next time I’ll use a tutorial with a person who uses the same type of clippers that I do. Gonna give my hair 2 weeks to grow back, and then I’m gonna give it another go.

Side-Note:
Saw Star Wars 8 today. Good movie, I’d recommend going to see it. Kylo Ren has gotten really buff though! I need to get on his level so pulling is trivial lol

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
1/2/18: House Arrest

Happy New Year, Sosuave family. Let’s kick this year off with an update to the journal! So unfortunately my car is still broken, so I’m essentially under house arrest. I’d like to be able to get out at least once before I go back to school. But if I can’t it is what it is, and I can just warm approach and cold approach once I get back to school. So I’ve been spending my time working on lots of self-improvement and inner game.

Fitness
Honestly, I feel like I’m hitting a brick wall. I can feel my cardiovascular endurance improving, but my shins are getting so bad that I’ve had to stop the runs halfway through. And I think the issue is my worn out tennis shoes. I have all these shoes for showing off, but all my actual running shoes are worn out. So until I can afford some new running shoes, stationary bike is gonna be my main form of cardio every day.

Fashion
Copped some Adidas Superstars and a nice gold watch. And I just have to say, man these gold glasses just make my look pop. When I post selfies on the Snap, I get people telling me that I look swagged as hell. So my Sauce has definitely been increased one level. Not even gonna lie though... I usually don’t shop there for clothes but Walmart kinda has some nice button downs and jeans. So when cash is right I’ll cop some of those. But I’m just about done balling out on clothes. From now on, I’m gonna flex on the free stuff. Like bodybuilding, my hair, new tracks, dancing, etc.

Hair Journey
Gave myself another skin fade yesterday. Gonna do the waves and a fade look for sure. Not perfect, but I’m already improving. I just gotta work on my blend, which’ll come with more practice. So I’ll try this every 2 weeks. Still letting my hairline grow back, and it should be about recovered before I go back to school. Still working on the waves, brushing as much as I can every day. I’ll be happy with my hair when I’m ungodly wavy on top. In the end I decided against going 360 just cause that bald fade looks so nice. Still gonna be wavy wavy tho. That with a skin fade, waves and earrings is a really sharp look.

Violin
Unfortunately I haven’t been practicing nearly as much as I need to. So I’m gonna make up for that today and get in a really good session.

Producing
I’ve made a ton of progress on my beats lately. I finished one track, and I’m finally really starting to get the hang of FL Studio. I’m almost done with a second one too. So I’ll finish that in the next few days, and then I’m gonna work on making my Future Bass banger that I’m gonna do my music video to.

Women
After deciding to drop a couple prospects, looks like I’m back down to zero haha. Not a huge issue though. Hit up an old girl that I used to know so we’ll see how that goes. Although what’s interesting is a girl that I vaguely know just sends “hey” in my Snapchat New Year’s Day. So I’ve been just fluff talking with her a little bit, see where that goes. I can build up my confidence until I feel really comfortable with myself in the meantime until I get a chance to do some cold approaches or until I get back to school. And I honestly think I’ll be able to do that because...

Cards
I’ve been playing a lot of cards with my family lately too. Trying to actually live life instead of just living behind a computer screen. Spades is kinda tricky but fun. It’s just a good social skill to know how to play lots of different card games imo.

RSD
To make my brush time more interesting, I’ve been watching RSD videos. And I have to say, they’re freaking mind blowing. I watched the one on self confidence and it’s one of the greatest things that I’ve seen. I love their “don’t give a fvck” attitude and I’m gonna have to incorporate that into my own game too. Keeping it short and summarizing the concepts, the ones that stuck with me are breaking out of that comparison mentality, not taking yourself so seriously(how to be confident even when your self-improvement isn’t done), and stopping thinking that people are judging you plus not caring what they think. If I keep getting these ideas, self improving and I just fix my rhythm issue... I think I should be successful at school next semester and be confident enough to really do some damage. So every time I’m brushing I’m gonna be watching one of their videos.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.