Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

money does not make the man

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
These discussions about money always go like this:

Poster A: women only care about money.
Poster B: money is not important

The reality is never black and white like that. Some women only care about money. Some women don't care about money. Most women have a "sliding scale" where the importance of money depends on other factors (i.e. your looks, personality, social status, etc.)

At the end of the day, two facts are beyond dispute:

1. The importance of money depends on the particular man in question and the particular women that he goes after.

2. Having money is almost never a negative (except as far as being a gold digger magnet but that can easily be avoided if you are not conspicuous about your wealth).

So instead of arguing whether money is important or not, work on improving your financial situation and, at the same time, focus on women who are not overly materialistic.

Tenacity

Banned
Reaction score
So instead of arguing whether money is important or not, work on improving your financial situation and, at the same time, focus on women who are not overly materialistic.
Good post. It's like you always know who the BROKE/LOSERS are in life, because they are the ones running around screaming money doesn't matter every 5 minutes. Money never matters to these broke losers UNTIL their piece of shyt car breaks down, or they get sick, or another emergency occurs that they have to cover and their broke a.sses can't cover it.

Just like the guys who run around screaming LOOKS don't matter, you just know you are dealing with a guy who most likely is fat, out of shape, and doesn't take after his appearance.

Why guys strive to be 1/3 of the man they could be, is beyond me. Tenacity strives to be efficient in looks, personality/inner game, AND finances. I want to be the BEST I can be and guess what....I AM.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's like you always know who the BROKE/LOSERS are in life, because they are the ones running around screaming money doesn't matter every 5 minutes.

Maybe you're right, on the whole. I could be an exception, but I have had more money than I knew what to do with at some points in my life, and it did not make me happy. The fast car and fast bike I bought did make me happy...very much so, but it soon became Maslow's hierarchy of needs. Once I have the few things I want, money stops having meaning. Making money equal happiness is like trying to put a camel through the eye of a needle.

ChristopherColumbus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Our needs in terms of real assets is really quite basic. Once these are met, the acquisition of more wealth/ money is just a distraction. There is a whole superstructure to life that should raise from the base that is almost entirely missing in our modern economies. The whole point of wealth is to acquire leisure whereby you can contemplate what life is really about.:rolleyes:

Trainwreck

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
He also fails to take into account that good parenting is not how much money you throw at a kid and that raising a kid is so expensive because of the as far as I know 3rd world social policies his country has that people like him are proud of, and so stating that it "costs 750 000$" to raise a kid is ridiculous.
Now this statement is downright asinine. Kids are like investments, so expecting a kid with the bare minimum or less thrown at him to turn in to a successful individual later in life is like expecting a startup business to do the same thing. Is it possible? Yes. Is it likely? The more likely scenario is that kid will end up just as poor as you or incarcerated and even more screwed over. Yes, I agree that good parenting does come in to play, but don't be mad when your kid is just as poor as you because you were too poor give him access to resources that could have given him or her a chance in life.

Tenacity

Banned
Reaction score
I could be an exception, but I have had more money than I knew what to do with at some points in my life,
So BB that would mean that you at least had $3 million in the bank, correct?

As you could break that up into about 12 banks holding $250,000 each (so FDIC insurance covered it in total) with the funds in 10 year CD terms paying on average of a small 2% on the principal to generate $60,000 a year. You could have the $60,000 paid to you monthly instead of compounding in the CD and live off the $60,000.

So I assume when you say you had more money than you knew what to do with, you are talking at least $3 million to generate the $60,000 in guaranteed fixed income per year.....correct?

.....and it did not make me happy.
I very rarely use Cash anymore and the Cash I carry in my wallet is only like $20 - $30 TOPS at a time, just to use on those rare occasions when I'm at businesses that don't take credit.

So every morning I log into my multiple bank accounts and see numbers on a screen. The numbers on the screen, in and of themselves, are just numbers. What makes me HAPPY, is knowing what those numbers can BUY ME. Those numbers can BUY ME:

- Good health
- Good living conditions
- Shelter, food, clothes and transportation
- Access to good recreation and amusement
- A good retirement
- Opportunities to build a new business or give back to charitable causes

If I logged into my multiple accounts and saw NO numbers on the screen, I would be SAD as the things I just listed I will have very limited access to or NO access to.

Once I have the few things I want, money stops having meaning..
Tell you what buddy, do you have the FEW things you want yet? If so, go ahead and do a wire transfer of the rest of your money into MY bank account. Trust me....I'll give your money some meaning ;)

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So BB that would mean that you at least had $3 million in the bank, correct?

As you could break that up into about 12 banks holding $250,000 each (so FDIC insurance covered it in total) with the funds in 10 year CD terms paying on average of a small 2% on the principal to generate $60,000 a year. You could have the $60,000 paid to you monthly instead of compounding in the CD and live off the $60,000.

So I assume when you say you had more money than you knew what to do with, you are talking at least $3 million to generate the $60,000 in guaranteed fixed income per year.....correct?

I very rarely use Cash anymore and the Cash I carry in my wallet is only like $20 - $30 TOPS at a time, just to use on those rare occasions when I'm at businesses that don't take credit.

So every morning I log into my multiple bank accounts and see numbers on a screen. The numbers on the screen, in and of themselves, are just numbers. What makes me HAPPY, is knowing what those numbers can BUY ME. Those numbers can BUY ME:

- Good health
- Good living conditions
- Shelter, food, clothes and transportation
- Access to good recreation and amusement
- A good retirement
- Opportunities to build a new business or give back to charitable causes

If I logged into my multiple accounts and saw NO numbers on the screen, I would be SAD as the things I just listed I will have very limited access to or NO access to.

Tell you what buddy, do you have the FEW things you want yet? If so, go ahead and do a wire transfer of the rest of your money into MY bank account. Trust me....I'll give your money some meaning ;)
What about good friends? Those are super hard to across nowadays, and I don't think money can even buy it really.

Tenacity

Banned
Reaction score
What about good friends? Those are super hard to across nowadays, and I don't think money can even buy it really.
Okay so let me ask you some questions:

- To attract these "good friends", don't you have to be presentable? That is, with at least some level of decent clothing, good hygiene, etc.? That costs money.

- To find these "good friends", don't you have to drive or be transported to different places, areas, etc.? That costs money.

- To communicate with these friends on-goingly, requires the use of technology such as cell phones, social media, and the internet. All of that costs money.

- To grow your relationships with these "good friends", don't you have to spend time with them doing things that are enjoyable? There are things you can do for fun that are free, but if you really want to grow your relationships then most of the things you do will cost money....such as going to the bar to watch a fight/game, going to see a fight/game live, going to X city, going to Y recreation, etc. All of that costs money.

A homeless BUM on the street will have a very difficult (if not impossible) time attracting "good friends" as people don't usually ask a homeless BUM on the street if he wants to "hang out".

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There was actually a piece of research done on this question, and they found that money did create happiness...up to about the point of being upper middle class. The exact number varied a lot by location and local cost of living. It was something like $40-80k a year. But after that level was reached, more money did not make people any happier.

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

- To attract these "good friends", don't you have to be presentable? That is, with at least some level of decent clothing, good hygiene, etc.? That costs money.

- To find these "good friends", don't you have to drive or be transported to different places, areas, etc.? That costs money.

- To communicate with these friends on-goingly, requires the use of technology such as cell phones, social media, and the internet. All of that costs money.

- To grow your relationships with these "good friends", don't you have to spend time with them doing things that are enjoyable? There are things you can do for fun that are free, but if you really want to grow your relationships then most of the things you do will cost money....such as going to the bar to watch a fight/game, going to see a fight/game live, going to X city, going to Y recreation, etc. All of that costs money.

A homeless BUM on the street will have a very difficult (if not impossible) time attracting "good friends" as people don't usually ask a homeless BUM on the street if he wants to "hang out".
I'm pretty sure that if women are willing to sleep with the lowlife pieces of trash (thugs, criminals, bums, losers, etc. these are all people without money) you can have friends without money too.

U

user43770

You're just reaching now. Poor people obviously have friends. They may be other poor people, but why would they care?

Since they don't have to work, poor people also have plenty of free time to hang out with their friends - I see them walking the streets and hanging around convenient stores day and night.

I see the same couple of bums drinking and smoking outside of the store by my house all the time. They sure seem to be enjoying themselves.

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think the 40 to 80 happiness threshold might be about reducing worries then adding satisfaction. At that level of income you probably own a reasonable house and have some Rainy Day money.

On the kids need cash Theory possibly but it's a real minimum. I taught high school for six and a half years in posh and poor areas.

The good kids did well whichever school they were in and that all came from the family

Tenacity

Banned
Reaction score
You're just reaching now.
I promise you I'm not.

Poor people obviously have friends. They may be other poor people, but why would they care?

Since they don't have to work, poor people also have plenty of free time to hang out with their friends - I see them walking the streets and hanging around convenient stores day and night.

I see the same couple of bums drinking and smoking outside of the store by my house all the time. They sure seem to be enjoying themselves.
I'm pretty sure that if women are willing to sleep with the lowlife pieces of trash (thugs, criminals, bums, losers, etc. these are all people without money) you can have friends without money too.
Okay listen, my point is that it takes MONEY to buy things that create happiness.

I'm not saying that you need a shyt TON of MONEY to obtain these things, but you do need some level of money to obtain the things, the people, the relationships, etc., that produce happiness.

Poor people are poor based on economic measurements of class level, this doesn't mean they are 100% broke without any access to money to put clothes on their back, shelter over their head, food on the table, etc., even if a portion of the costs are being subsidized by the Government (i.e. my tax dollars).

I'm still waiting for you guys to name one thing in this life that creates happiness that money has absolutely NOTHING to do in relation to obtaining. The only thing I can think of is your personal relationship with a spiritual being, but even then, I'm not sure if that would count for the sake of this argument because we are discussing things of THIS LIFE....whereas spiritual beings are not of this life per say.

U

user43770

Tenacity said:
I'm still waiting for you guys to name one thing in this life that creates happiness that money has absolutely NOTHING to do in relation to obtaining. The only thing I can think of is your personal relationship with a spiritual being, but even then, I'm not sure if that would count for the sake of this argument because we are discussing things of THIS LIFE....whereas spiritual beings are not of this life per say.
- Relationships with family and friends don't have to cost money
- You don't need money to enjoy nature
- Reading is also free, just get a library card

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm still waiting for you guys to name one thing in this life that creates happiness that money has absolutely NOTHING to do in relation to obtaining.
I spent this afternoon drinking beer that a woman brought me, eating food she cooked and brought, and getting two amazing blowj0bs. That's three things...in just one afternoon.

Tenacity

Banned
Reaction score
- Relationships with family and friends don't have to cost money
Once again, where do the family and friends stay? The shelter that they stay in cost money, no matter if they are paying for it or the government is paying for it. The family and friends have to eat, that costs money, no matter if they are paying for it or the government (my tax dollars) is paying for it.

It would be impossible to have a "relationship" with family and friends who have no shelter, no food, etc.

- You don't need money to enjoy nature
Who maintains nature? People have to maintain, protect, grow, etc. everything that you see in nature to keep it looking beautiful. That costs money.

- Reading is also free, just get a library card
Who wrote the book, magazine, or publication that you are reading? The production of that material costs money to print, edit, design, etc.

Who built the library? That cost money.

Who works in the library? It costs money to have that lady behind the counter.

Tenacity

Banned
Reaction score
I spent this afternoon drinking beer that a woman brought me, eating food she cooked and brought, and getting two amazing blowj0bs. That's three things...in just one afternoon.
The beer and the food cost money, just because it was someone else's money doesn't mean money didn't provide it for you. It would be like a chick with 5 kids in Section 8 housing and food stamps saying MONEY doesn't matter because she's "taken care of", when it's MY MONEY (tax dollars) that's actually taking care of her.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I had a food stamp card last summer. They eventually cut me off because I didn't go to a class on "job training skills." I still have some money on it, though. They gave me several times what I actually spend in food. I've had a lot of food stamp dates, either from mine or from women bringing me food from theirs. "Hey baby, my LINK card just came in. Let's have a barbecue."

So thank you for "YOUR MONEY." I have enjoyed it, and gotten a lot of pvssy from it.

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I promise you I'm not.

Okay listen, my point is that it takes MONEY to buy things that create happiness.

I'm not saying that you need a shyt TON of MONEY to obtain these things, but you do need some level of money to obtain the things, the people, the relationships, etc., that produce happiness.

Poor people are poor based on economic measurements of class level, this doesn't mean they are 100% broke without any access to money to put clothes on their back, shelter over their head, food on the table, etc., even if a portion of the costs are being subsidized by the Government (i.e. my tax dollars).

The small things in life. Like say you are just hanging out with some friends and notice some dead squirrel in a weird position. One of your friends notice and make a funny comment about it that in the moment is hilarious. Or when you tell a strange story and one of your other friends makes a very strange reaction that makes all of you laugh, and then your story sounds even funnier. It's the small things in life like that stuff that money cannot buy.

How about a passion or a hobby? Money might be able to help you out with it depending on what it is, but not always. How about lifting? Some people just enjoy lifting weights. They don't even care about making any gains in muscle, they just like pumping iron.

U

user43770

Once again, where do the family and friends stay? The shelter that they stay in cost money, no matter if they are paying for it or the government is paying for it. The family and friends have to eat, that costs money, no matter if they are paying for it or the government (my tax dollars) is paying for it.

It would be impossible to have a "relationship" with family and friends who have no shelter, no food, etc.

Who maintains nature? People have to maintain, protect, grow, etc. everything that you see in nature to keep it looking beautiful. That costs money.

Who wrote the book, magazine, or publication that you are reading? The production of that material costs money to print, edit, design, etc.

Who built the library? That cost money.

Who works in the library? It costs money to have that lady behind the counter.
Geez dude, nobody was arguing for banning currency all together.