Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

money does not make the man

Bingo-Player

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i turned 25 on the weekend and was doing some self reflecting

in the last 3 years my financial situation has been dire despite gaining 2 job promotions i just cant retain any type of personal wealth ,im literally trapped living with my parents, ive got a ton of debt my car is over 10 years old , i spend every penny monthly

the strange thing is , this hasn't handicapped me with women i every woman ive wanted iv'e got and ive never spent much on them, my current main plate who is on her way to attaining GF status would tick most guys boxes

obviously i realise i need to change my financial situation drastically for personal benefit more than anything

but for anyone worrying about having money to try and impress women , the answer is simple

DONT , once you start being the type of guy they want to fvck money doesn't seem to really matter

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Agreed. I have no money, and like 5 plates at the moment.

Furthermore, even if that was not the case, I'd rather be poor and alone than have a beautiful wife who was only with me for my money. I remember the guys from law school I knew - they were all dateless wonders, most of them virgins in their early 20's. Then as soon as they passed the bar and got a good job, it seemed like every one of them suddenly had a very pretty wife, who popped out a kid and then lived a life of leisure in a giant house, while hubby worked 80 hours a week to pay for it all. Fvck that.

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
Great. Now try reproducing. You can't. It costs $750,000 per kid. So people like you will either earn more or go extinct.

I love when people insist it's either she likes you for sex OR money and that there is nothing in between. Do women like George Clooney for his money? Women like men who have drive and ambition. That leads to money. They reverse engineer what they find attractive based on the success that man had.

You'd rather be poor and have no girl than have money and a beautiful girl? Because of some imaginary, intangible thing you call love that could change in an instant even if it were real?

Lawyers are broke after law school btw.

Stop trying to celebrate your ineptitude. You guys are like the fat women telling each other you are perfect the way you are.

Tenacity

Banned
Reaction score
Great. Now try reproducing. You can't. It costs $750,000 per kid. So people like you will either earn more or go extinct.

I love when people insist it's either she likes you for sex OR money and that there is nothing in between. Do women like George Clooney for his money? Women like men who have drive and ambition. That leads to money. They reverse engineer what they find attractive based on the success that man had.

You'd rather be poor and have no girl than have money and a beautiful girl? Because of some imaginary, intangible thing you call love that could change in an instant even if it were real?

Lawyers are broke after law school btw.

Stop trying to celebrate your ineptitude. You guys are like the fat women telling each other you are perfect the way you are.
Lol great post. I mean these "money doesn't matter" posts are similar to the looks don't matter posts....The reality is it ALL matters.

Only a gold digger will want you specifically for how much you make, but being BROKE in general severely limits your ability to manage relations with women. For example:

- When you wanna bring a girl back to your place, but your place is your mother's basement, that won't fly so well.

- When you want to go to X, Y, and Z place but can't, cause you're broke.

- When the LIFE and freedom you could have is limited because you're broke.

Guys stop with the posts about how it's okay to be broke, it's not. Cost of living/inflation is going up and good jobs are becoming harder to obtain, so get OFF YOUR A.SS and fix your fvcking finances and stop the bullshyt.

I mean it's just like a FAT dude getting up here saying working out and eating right doesn't matter cause I "get women". Great dude, so when you fall out at 38 with a fvcking heart attack, let's see you say it doesn't matter then!

guru1000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I just love it when men downplay the importance of wealth. True, you don't need wealth to attract women. But, when you are 60 yo with a bad heart, have fun with your 9-5 job.

Wealth is freedom. Without wealth, you are a financial slave fighting to survive--e-v-e-r-y day. I personally choose to be free, positioning myself with abundant options, whether that be impromptu vacations or a lifestyle that I desire, free of worry in how to subsidize a mountain of debt or next year's bills.

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I just love it when men downplay the importance of wealth. True, you don't need wealth to attract women. But, when you are 60 yo with a bad heart, have fun with your 9-5 job.

Wealth is freedom. Without wealth, you are a financial slave fighting to survive--e-v-e-r-y day. I personally choose to be free, positioning myself with abundant options, whether that be impromptu vacations or a lifestyle that I desire, free of worry in how to subsidize a mountain of debt or next year's bills.
He has 35 years till he is 60 bro. Money is important, but this is basically a shoutout to Neil who uses money as an insult to others and used that as a reason for why we 'don't get laid' in his ad hominems.

guru1000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
He has 35 years till he is 60 bro. Money is important, but this is basically a shoutout to Neil who uses money as an insult to others and used that as a reason for why we 'don't get laid' in his ad hominems.
Men should not be shamed for not being wealthy. Wealth has little to do with attraction (among women who are not gold diggers). However, men, especially young men, should prioritize--not discount and build their long-term thinking/actions toward--wealth-building for themselves.

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Men should not be shamed for not being wealthy. Wealth has little to do with attraction (among women who are not gold diggers). However, men, especially young men, should prioritize--not discount and build their long-term thinking/actions toward--wealth-building for themselves.
Agreed. It just takes so much time to do so, and I know stating this will piss you off to no end, but the reason why it takes so long and is pretty hard too is because the system is messed up. At least in the US anyway, I can't say for the U.K. which I believe is where the OP lives.

guru1000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Agreed. It just takes so much time to do so, and I know stating this will piss you off to no end, but the reason why it takes so long and is pretty hard too is because the system is messed up. At least in the US anyway, I can't say for the U.K. which I believe is where the OP lives.
Correct. It takes much time, much patience, much discipline, much sacrifice. Even more reason why men should prioritize wealth-building while they are young--especially given invested wealth compounds exponentially over time. The sooner you invest properly, the greater your compounding returns when you retire.

I had to start over, broke, at the age of 35 yos. I do well now but had I been more practical at a younger age, I would be in an entirely different league today. I don't regret my past mistakes as long as I can pass on my challenges and knowledge to younger guys like you.

TheMonkeyKing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As usual, we are seeking the black or the white where there are only 50 shades of grey.... I agree with both sides of the argument.

Perennial fence-sitter, TMK shall make his usual two points.

-One doesn't need money to attract nor even keep women; indeed a man who is using money as a primary resource of attraction is likely kidding himself that he's engaging anything more than low-level prostitution. In fact a savvy man can himself be kept by a woman, though not entirely advisable to entrap oneself in such a situation long term. Always better to be in a position of freedom, in every sense, which includes financially.

-In order to attract and keep up with (and procreate with) high end women you will need some back up capital, and cash flow. Women make no secret of being independent these days, so in order to compete in their market(s), eventually a man need to be able to prove his worth. This does not necessarily mean paying a woman's way; merely just to pay his own way, in her world in the first instance.
By the time the 30th year rolls round, the normative annual social cycle includes a ski trip, a couple of city breaks, a two week holiday abroad and half a dozen local road trips, probably as a minimum. This is in addition to all the normal dates, nights out, eating out and casual evenings down the pub. ALL this, in addition to normal everyday personal costs of living.

And, after all that, you've got savings and or pension planning.

Speaking honestly, I don't manage all this right now, because I simply don't earn enough. To be comfortable in a Western economy (to enjoy a lifestyle as described), I'd say double the average national wage should suffice, as a minimum.

Sure, you don't need money, but as much as it's hard to admit, having it does make life easier.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Wealth is freedom. Without wealth, you are a financial slave fighting to survive--e-v-e-r-y day.
Money is freedom, that's what I always say. But to be fair, the OP did say that he realized he should improve his financial standing for his own benefit.

Yes. You don't need money to attract women. Absolutely agree. That said, it doesn't hurt to have some money in your pocket. Some guys say women like a guy in a cool leather jacket - a jacket costs money. Women pay attention to a guy's shoes? Shoes cost money. Women like motorcycles? Motorcycles cost money. You want to go on an interesting vacation? Money. You want to buy a fuzzy hat and some black nail polish? Money. :) You can't really escape it.

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
You younger guys think of me as a sugar daddy at age 46, buying a 21 year old girl with lavish dinners and vacations, but get this: she calls me her boyfriend and actually has a sugar daddy that is in his mid 70's and he paid for her boob job (along with 13 other girls). He is a millionaire, was never good looking I was told, never married, and he proposed marriage to her twice just since I started dating her 6 months ago. She says she never had sex with him but I have to assume she did. I told her she has granddaddy issues.

This is the kind of rich guy all men have to compete with ultimately.

Now, the classic gold digger would marry the old guy despite the 55 year age difference, even though she is attracted to and in love with me (and I am a top earner though not a millionaire). However, if she chose me over a guy her age with no career, that wouldn't be gold digging, that would make economic sense in terms of planning a family. Most people don't see the difference.

The moral is, we always have to strive to improve. There is always someone richer out there trying to steal your girl.

U

user43770

The moral is, we always have to strive to improve. There is always someone richer out there trying to steal your girl.
I'm all for a man improving himself, but I thinks it's sad if you're doing it because you're scared of losing a girl.

AttackFormation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You assume that everyone wants to get married, have kids, and provide. Therefore, we should be building a nice nest ready for a woman to enjoy.

I'm quite positive that there are already little Deesades out there that another mug is bringing up. And I'm currently considering getting a vasectomy.

Your post lacks perspective.
He also fails to take into account that good parenting is not how much money you throw at a kid and that raising a kid is so expensive because of the as far as I know 3rd world social policies his country has that people like him are proud of, and so stating that it "costs 750 000$" to raise a kid is ridiculous.

Tenacity

Banned
Reaction score
This is why building wealth and getting your finances in order should be TOP PRIORITY.

- Almost 80% of Americans are living paycheck-to-paycheck and about 50% don't have enough savings or emergency resources to cover a damn $400 emergency.

- All the while, cost of living/inflation is going up, finding good jobs is becoming more difficult, jobs are requiring MORE education (a master's will be required for a desk job soon) while education continues to sky rocket in costs.

And you guys are sitting on this damn forum talking about money doesn't matter, because some stupid bytch svcked your broke dyck last night??

Think about your damn freedom, your peace, and your happiness. To anybody that says MONEY doesn't buy happiness, you are wrong. You need MONEY to eat, for shelter, for clothing, to maintain your health, etc. Last I checked, being able to eat, have clothes on your back, have shelter, and be in good health were the foundations for happiness!

ITDG you are at the perfect age to start investing! Let me give you some quick numbers, you are about 18 years old correct? In 32 years you will be 50, if over the next 32 years you put away $5,000 per year for 32 years, using a balance of 65% in S&P Index Fund and 35% in Bonds for a collective average of 7% CAGR, you will have over $630,000 at age 50 in your Index Fund portfolio alone.

Fvck this insane shyt about money or looks don't matter. Fix your Looks, your Finances, AND your Personality/Inner Game shyt so you can be the BEST version of yourself and PROTECT yourself from having to live paycheck-to-paycheck.

Tenacity

Banned
Reaction score
Don Juan forum - discussions 99,938

Wealth and Success forum - discussions 280

Who are you trying to kid? Quite obvious what motivates men.
Nobody posts in that section for some reason (except me and Guru lol). The most activity that section got was when me and Guru were battling about a year ago :rofl:.

Maybe I should start another fight with Guru in that section to pick up the volume a bit ;)?

Trump

Banned
Reaction score
i turned 25 on the weekend and was doing some self reflecting

in the last 3 years my financial situation has been dire despite gaining 2 job promotions i just cant retain any type of personal wealth ,im literally trapped living with my parents, ive got a ton of debt my car is over 10 years old , i spend every penny monthly

the strange thing is , this hasn't handicapped me with women i every woman ive wanted iv'e got and ive never spent much on them, my current main plate who is on her way to attaining GF status would tick most guys boxes

obviously i realise i need to change my financial situation drastically for personal benefit more than anything

but for anyone worrying about having money to try and impress women , the answer is simple

DONT , once you start being the type of guy they want to fvck money doesn't seem to really matter
Come on bro, you are telling yourself a lie. This site has never said you have to have money to have sex with women.

Most guys who have problems with women think money is the issue. "All I have to do is be rich and she will be mine." They rationalize their shortcomings by making money the scapegoat. That way they can avoid to look at themselves closely, from within.

Of course money helps. But its HOW you get it that turns women on. Win the lottery? Wait for inheritance? Gamble? She will be turned on for 75 minutes.

Be a powerful man who is respected and well liked and gives a lot back to society where money is the byproduct of your efforts? She will be yours for life.

TheMonkeyKing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don Juan forum - discussions 99,938

Wealth and Success forum - discussions 280

Who are you trying to kid? Quite obvious what motivates men.
It doesn't matter in this instance what motivates men. Different things motivate different people, men or women. It matters that resources motivate women. And need for resource is an evolutionary bind for females throughout the animal kingdom, whether we like it or not.

Indeed, if it was a complete non-issue, would there be any discussion on topic at all....? Flip the script and take two female twins, identical in every way, except one has means, the other is a layabout. Which do you choose to procreate with or even date, so adamant that you are about not needing money yourself?

Last edited: