LOST theories

Ever onward

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
penkitten said:
neither ben, desmond or juliette were on the oceanic 815 flight, therefore are not one of the oceanic 6... i got a strong feeling when someone at the helicopter asked her name and then said they studied the manifest and her name was no where on it.
Oops, yeah Juliette. My point is that because those three aren't part of the six, it's still possible that they also got off the Island. And in Ben's case, we know so.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ever onward said:
Oops, yeah Juliette. My point is that because those three aren't part of the six, it's still possible that they also got off the Island. And in Ben's case, we know so.
yah, i believe they could, but i dont think they are going to be called the 6.

kickureface

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ben was interesting ever since henry gale.
can someone repeat the last words of the show?
sayid was saying how ben used her to get him to kill? i got confused about that...

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
Padron Reserve maduro in hand while finishing my b
Ben has now become the crux character on Lost. Everything revolves around his whims and his machinations. He now has Sayid as an assassin for his ends to use when and where he sees fit and has manipulated everyone into doing thier best to serve his interests.

It will be interesting to see the dynamic between Hurley, Jack and Sawyer now that Hurley has chosen his side.

Also appears as if Jacob (Christian) has decided to not reveal himself to the rest of Locke's tribe.

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
Has anyone noticed a resemblence between Miles and Doctor Candle from the Dharma videos?

Perhaps it's nothing but nothing is very rare in the world of Lost.

Also regarding "The Economist" episode, did anyone pickup on tha fact that both Ben and Christian (Jacob) were talking to Sayid while cleaning his wound?

ValleyDJing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
penkitten said:
i feel as if something goes terribly wrong in lockes camp that causes a partnership to be severed with death. example: locke kills aaron, claire is left alive or jin is killed and sun is left alive or rose and bernard.
therefore i change my pick on oceanic six , instead of micheal, it is whichever person does not die in their pair. (but the others i picked will go home. jack , kate, hurley, sawyer, sayid.. and now whomever this is. )

I'm guessing Kate, Hurley, Jack, Sayid, Walt, and Claire.

I just think Walt is playing a bigger part in all this than everyone realizes. Remember how weird s.hit used to happen to him that we never figured out why (for example the part where the bird runs into the window back in season 1 or 2?). The show just scratched him out without ever explaining that s.hit. Then out of the blue, he appears to Locke for like 30 seconds.

Claire I'm guessing because of Desmond's vision of her getting on a helicopter. I think the show will follow through with that.

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
I'll be adjusting my picks for Oceanic 6. Until they throw another elbow at me the current list being:

Kate, Jack, Hurley, Claire, Sayid, and Michael.

Walt is too closely aligned thus far with The Island.

kickureface

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
we don't really know jacob is christian though. and hurley saw the cabin, but i dont know the significance of that.
my friend beleives that miles and candle are related. heh.

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
kickureface said:
we don't really know jacob is christian though. and hurley saw the cabin, but i dont know the significance of that.
my friend beleives that miles and candle are related. heh.

It's a pretty safe bet now that we've had a second look at Jacob through Hurley's peepers. The white shoes and the shot of the hand and the hair.

I'm pretty confident it is and it makes sense to make the correlation because Jack was brought to the Island to finish amend, in some way, his relationship with his Father.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
KarmaSutra said:
It's a pretty safe bet now that we've had a second look at Jacob through Hurley's peepers. The white shoes and the shot of the hand and the hair.
jacks dad, christain shepherd, was sitting in jacobs chair.. and the eye that peeped through the window at hurley, has been confirmed to be jacob's eye.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
has anyone given any thought to the ben in the vet office with sayid not being the ben from the island?
what if there is a good ben and a bad ben?
it sounds far fetched i know, but so does everything when you think of lost.

kickureface

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i think christian was there, not necessarily him being jacob. the first time he appeared, he looked nothing like christian.
and if i remember this right, ben was born on the island. just 1 ben. i don't think there would be another one. and either way, the ben on the island and the ben in the real world-both ben's are bad :p

Ever onward

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ben was born on the Island?

Did he not come to the Island with his dad when he was a boy?

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ever onward said:
Ben was born on the Island?

Did he not come to the Island with his dad when he was a boy?
you are correct that he came to the island as about a ten year old kid with his dad.. but what if he had a twin or a look alike that we are not aware of..

joekerr31

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
what i dont get is why Ben's wife seems to have no clue what the island is or what is going on. you'd think she would know almost everything if she was married to ben and had his child.

also, you'd think given she hates ben that she would tell jack everything she knows about the island and ben. you'd also think jack would demand that she do so. and yet she never says anything and no one ever asks her anything.

i think this is a MAJOR gaff in the plot and simply the writers failing to make sure that all the characters actually make sense.

btw, ben must have game also. cuz his wife (if she were dolled up) would be an ok looking milf.

now heres the other thing - ben is a nut job who killed his father (this was long before he was married). so what attracted her to a nutjob like ben? perhaps there is more to her than meets the eye.

or perhaps they had an arranged marriage.

but in the real world a milf like her likely wouldn't hook up wiht a 150lbs dweeb like ben.

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
Rousseau was never his wife. The Mother of Alex, yes, but not his wife. Joekerr you can't seriously be asking how the most powerful, most diabolical, man on The Island could nab himself a shipwrecked scientist then get her pregnant to propogate his agenda and then toss her away back to The Island?

Women lusting after men in control? Hmmm, a novel idea.

Nevertheless, She is fully aware of who he is and what he's capable of which is why she lives out in the caves.

And make no mistake brother, Ben is not crazy. Power hungry and devious, yes, but he knows full well what everyone will do 15 minutes before they do it.

Ever onward

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
joekerr,

Ben is not Alex's real father. Rousseau came to the Island on a research team and the Others kidnapped her baby and Ben raised the child as his own. Rosseau has been living by herself on the Island all of these years fending for herself after she killed off her team members because they all contracted some mysterious disease while staying on the Island.

Speaking of the disease, I wonder if the writers are going to be bringing that plot line back to the forefront anytime soon...

Ever onward

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OR

Is that what they want us to think?

In one of the other Lost threads someone mentioned the "Libby in the Asylum" subplot as having been abandoned.

I think the writers are just toying with us. We want answers and we want them now! But you have to realized we still have like 44 episodes left in the next 3 years.

I don't look for the writers to give us any definitive answers on anything until the final 5 episodes. Until then, they are just gonna mess with us by raising more mind boggling questions...

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
Ever onward said:
OR

Is that what they want us to think?

In one of the other Lost threads someone mentioned the "Libby in the Asylum" subplot as having been abandoned.

I think the writers are just toying with us. We want answers and we want them now! But you have to realized we still have like 44 episodes left in the next 3 years.

I don't look for the writers to give us any definitive answers on anything until the final 5 episodes. Until then, they are just gonna mess with us by raising more mind boggling questions...
Oh, I don't think for one second that the whole insane asylum Hurley/Libby plot is through.