Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

LOST theories

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
KarmaSutra said:
Besides, this would explain why Faraday implored Frank to not vary from his course back to the freighter FOR ANY REASON! Because veering off course could possibly get them caught in a temporal loop.
I wonder what the explanation is for the Oceanic 6 to have survived even though their plane was in the bottom of the Indian Ocean. Oceanic will have a lot of explaining to do, which is probably why all of the Oceanic 6 get big settlement checks and "golden tickets" to fly wherever they want for free for life.

But can you imagine if that happened in real life? A Delta Airlines flight en route from Austin, TX to Washington DC disappears -- and is later found in the middle of the Pacific Ocean. That would be hard for Delta to explain.

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
Padron Reserve maduro in hand while finishing my b
Seen as how there are 2 Oceanic 815's in the drink it's rather difficult to talk thier way out of that one without Stephen Hawking and Einstein each making commercials for Oceanic Airlines.

Which is why the time loop theory works so well. The same plane from different time loops both sharing the same fate, though in different places.

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
A wrinkle in time -

So now my main man Desmond is leaping through time. So, apparently, are the rest of the folks on the chopper. Looks like they've all lept forward in time approximately 1 1/2 days. But they don't know it. Desmond does. Minkowski does but Frank and Sayid aren't aware of it. Yet.

Desmonds turning the failsafe key and exposing himself to the abundance of radiation had juggernautted him through time and then back again. This explains his being able to foretell the future. He'd already seen it happen.

The only way for Desmond to save his life was to find Faraday and then to reconcile his consousness with his constant in both time lines, Penny.

Once he did that he realized he was living in his own time loop simultaneously.

Brilliant.

When Faraday explained to him to take the train to Oxford to find him, Mrs. K and I both leapt out of our chairs screaming: "YES!"

Then we knew the linear time loop theory was alive and realistic.

This goes to explain quite a bit.

1. It explains how Richard can appear to Ben and then again without aging. He knows how and where to manipulate time.

2. Explains how the Losties and those on the freighter acknowledge time.

3. Ben told Michael to take bearing 325 and only 325. This tells us that Ben also knows the rifts in time based on coordinaates to and from the Island. Different coordinaates put you in a different time loop.

That Faraday made Frank swear to not differ from the 305 bearing says that Faraday is also accutely aware of when and where in time they would end up if they veered off course for even one second.

Charlotte is going to be a force to be reckoned with. I foresee she and Juliette coming head to head.

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
The Black Rock

Now that Widmore has bought the ledger from the ship who knows what secrets lie within it's pages?

We know that the ship was sunk in the Indian Ocean much like one of our Oceanic 815's.

More proof of our time loop theory.

We know that Widmore is actively participating in the Hanso/Dharma experiments.

We know approximately how old Richard is. 110 years or so.

Reaction score
KarmaSutra said:
I think the disease subplot has all but vanished.
It's been a while since I've seen any of season 1 but when Rousseau mentioned the "disease" could she be referring to something similar to what is happening to Desmond and Minkovski?

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
KarmaSutra said:
Now that Widmore has bought the ledger from the ship who knows what secrets lie within it's pages?

We know that the ship was sunk in the Indian Ocean much like one of our Oceanic 815's.

More proof of our time loop theory.

We know that Widmore is actively participating in the Hanso/Dharma experiments.

We know approximately how old Richard is. 110 years or so.
do you think it is richards journal, or does it look an awful lot like the book ben totes around and writes in?

ThunderMaverick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Maybe Penny got a hold of the book and that's when she began looking for Desmond?

By the way, last weeks episode was excellent. Especially the last 5 minutes.

*sigh* So romantic.

Edit: ^gay. LULZ

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
ThunderMaverick said:
Maybe Penny got a hold of the book and that's when she began looking for Desmond?

By the way, last weeks episode was excellent. Especially the last 5 minutes.

*sigh* So romantic.

Edit: ^gay. LULZ
No, Penny does not have any idea about the book. Her Father does and I highly doubt that he would haphazardly leave it lying about due to it's supreme importance. If she did, her people would not have been searching for him from up in the Himalayas.

Kitten, I think it's possible that it could be Richards ledger. Though unlikely due to the fact that it was found off the Island while Richard is alive and well and relatively young.

We know now that Desmond told her the exact day he would call her and she waited.

I also fagged out when they were professing thier undying love for each other. Desmond has always been my favorite character.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
KarmaSutra said:
Kitten, I think it's possible that it could be Richards ledger. Though unlikely due to the fact that it was found off the Island while Richard is alive and well and relatively young.
lets think about it here with my newest ponderings...
richard is on the black rock with the mangus hanso guy and it disappears in 1845.

mangus and richard survive.

mangus has found a way to survive and could possibly be jacob?

richard learned to manipulate the way to and from the island, to go to and from. we learn this when he recruits juliette.

richard may have side effects like desmond, where he comes and goes thru time and appears so young all the time.

richard could have manipulated the way to and from the island when he could have left the journal somewhere he wasn't supposed to be. he could have tested this with the polar bears and that is why they turn up when the rock digging chick goes to africa or where ever.

DoctorLW

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I love watching Lost, but really you can't even make a thread like this. The show is so illogical in every conceivable way to create more conflict that often you can predict something by guessing how its connected to another character. Lost has the most plot-holes possibly out of any show I have ever watched. I still like it though, it just requires a suspension of disbelief... and logic... of epic levels.

Honestly, the writers probably don't even have any theories themselves.

il_duce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I came out of retirement just to post in this thread.

KarmaSutra is right. I was just about to post a lengthy thing about time loops but I edited most of it down because it's been covered.

Many of the Losties (if not all) are already stuck in time loops. This also explains the ability of dead people (Charlie, Jack's father, Eko's brother), living people not on the island (Walt), and people from the 'mainland' (Locke's "father") to suddenly appear there. The island seems to be some sort of portal to different dimensions in time, and apparently many of the characters are stuck in a loop (most notably Desmond and Faraday).

Evidence is also pointing to Hurley and Jack being stuck in a loop. In the "flash forwards", why does Hurley hang out at the mental hospital even though he's not clinically insane? Because he's trying to recreate the moment when he jumped back in time, kinda like when Desmond tried to do that in vain in the sick bay. When Charlie slapped him in the face, it WAS real. Even though in one dimension of time, Charlie was dead, but in another reality, he was alive and was able to visit Hurley.

In his flash forward, Jack talks about how every time one of his flights goes through turbulence, he prays that it will crash. He's trying to recreate that time travel, or revisit the other dimension, if you will.

Alpert seems to be the only one who can travel through time at his will. But I'm wondering if Ben Linus can do the same thing. So far, it seems like they're the only two characters who can come and go from the island as they please.

Thoughts?

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
Which goes back to me saying that "death" on The Island does not mean death in reality.

Each character must go through a purge of some sort then be cleansed by the Island. Afterwards they can mend the errors of thier pasts.

I have another interesting theory that only those who were NOT in the immediate blast radius and affected by the intense radiation from Desmond turning the failsafe are free to come and go from the Island without any ill effect.

Which puts Jack, Kate, Hurley, Sayid, Jin, Sun, Michael and Walt as 8 who may become our so-called 8 survivors.

Narrow that down to 6 by taking Walt and Michael out of the equation for whatever reason and you have the Oceanic 6.

Just a hunch on my part.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
KarmaSutra said:
Which puts Jack, Kate, Hurley, Sayid, Jin, Sun, Michael and Walt as 8 who may become our so-called 8 survivors.

Narrow that down to 6 by taking Walt and Michael out of the equation for whatever reason and you have the Oceanic 6.

Just a hunch on my part.
sawyer was out of the blast range too... so i am gonna bet that he goes and only one of the jin/sun twosome like i have been saying over and over:)

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
We now have a better understanding of the key antagonists. Ben and Widmore are mortal enemies. Though I will side with Ben as he is the (until Locke has officially replaced him) protector of The Island.

Also I'm befuddled as to how Harper can come and go at will. Did you guys hear the whispers just before she appeared? She is flesh and blood, that is assured because Jack saw her too. Smokie and Harper have something in common.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
so who is on the boat? the ending said it is someone we never expected to see again... but yet we are all expecting micheal... so who is it?

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
penkitten said:
so who is on the boat? the ending said it is someone we never expected to see again... but yet we are all expecting micheal... so who is it?
Where did it say that? I've watched the episode 7 times tonight alone and all I've seen is Ben tell Locke that he want to sit down?

One mystery I can't solve is how the torches are staying lit in the torrential downpours?

Nice to see Juliet in love :)

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
KarmaSutra said:
Where did it say that? I've watched the episode 7 times tonight alone and all I've seen is Ben tell Locke that he want to sit down?

One mystery I can't solve is how the torches are staying lit in the torrential downpours?

Nice to see Juliet in love :)
oh it was at the end where you see scenes for next week, and it said that we will find out the rest of the oceanic 6 and find out who the man on the boat is, and it is someone we never expected to see again.

we noticed that one chick coming and going with the whispers too (goodwins wife)

so am i to assume that juliet looks just like ben's wife or mother or something?