Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

LOST theories

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
Padron Reserve maduro in hand while finishing my b
penkitten said:
oh it was at the end where you see scenes for next week, and it said that we will find out the rest of the oceanic 6 and find out who the man on the boat is, and it is someone we never expected to see again.

we noticed that one chick coming and going with the whispers too (goodwins wife)

so am i to assume that juliet looks just like ben's wife or mother or something?
Damnit! They don't have the preview of next week so I missed that. Thanks Kitty!

I'm thinking it's Ben's mother is who Juliet resembles. One other nugget to note is the writers throwing in references to my Beloved Red Sox!

Yankee America doesn't even get a mention!

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
KarmaSutra said:
Damnit! They don't have the preview of next week so I missed that. Thanks Kitty!

I'm thinking it's Ben's mother is who Juliet resembles. One other nugget to note is the writers throwing in references to my Beloved Red Sox!

Yankee America doesn't even get a mention!
im sorry i didnt mean to upset you by telling you the preview. i thought you saw it.
i think its his mom too, as she was blonde. we have never seen a pic of what his wife would have looked like , or who ever he told alex her mother was.

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
penkitten said:
im sorry i didnt mean to upset you by telling you the preview. i thought you saw it.
i think its his mom too, as she was blonde. we have never seen a pic of what his wife would have looked like , or who ever he told alex her mother was.
Now to contemplate who will be on the freighter . . .

Perhaps Mikhail? I'm startin to lose faith in it being Michael as him being too easy now.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
KarmaSutra said:
Now to contemplate who will be on the freighter . . .

Perhaps Mikhail? I'm startin to lose faith in it being Michael as him being too easy now.
gio and i went through this too. he says again that mikhail is too easy of a guess since he never freggin dies. so he is guessing echo. he has heard someone else suggest it was locke doing some time travel like desmond since he was with desmond when the hatch exploded and said it was creative and interesting but can't be locke because we do expect to see him again.

now we must narrow down all the men that we never expected to see again?
i would hate it terribly if it were ethan.

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
penkitten said:
gio and i went through this too. he says again that mikhail is too easy of a guess since he never freggin dies. so he is guessing echo. he has heard someone else suggest it was locke doing some time travel like desmond since he was with desmond when the hatch exploded and said it was creative and interesting but can't be locke because we do expect to see him again.

now we must narrow down all the men that we never expected to see again?
i would hate it terribly if it were ethan.
Ethan is out because he was truly killed and the Island allowed him to die due to him being a total bastard.

kickureface

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i still think it's michael.
and do you think ben is wrong that it's a widmore boat? penny doesnt know about it.
henry gale's balloon said widmore on it :p
juliet apparently looks like jack's exwife, according to mr ben.
what do you think dharma initial purpose was for tempest?

Reaction score
penkitten said:
so who is on the boat? the ending said it is someone we never expected to see again... but yet we are all expecting micheal... so who is it?
Personally I think the man on the boat is Scott... or is it Steve? :crazy:

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LeComteDeMonteCristo said:
Personally I think the man on the boat is Scott... or is it Steve? :crazy:
whichever one of them did not die because he was missing... hmmm good creative pick there

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
In the shower this morning I was pondering all of the various mysteries in the world of Lost and concluded that, all of the convoluted sub plots aside, the theme of Lost is redemption.

I also had an AHA! moment when I realized that when Ben took Locke to see Jacob, Locke wasn't a believer. He thought it was a big hoax. Until he turned to walk away. Then he heard: "Help me." Plain as day. Only when the flashlight was turned onto the empty chair did we see a glimpse of Jacob. Perhaps it's the light which triggers the consciousness to move through the time loop in conjunction with water, as it was pouring heavily outside at the time.

Desmond also realized this correlation when he was shining the light into his own eyes in order to get back to Faraday at Oxford.

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
Interesting nugget about Smokie:

Smoke Monster

No, it's not really a smoke monster. Instead, mirror matter theory offers an explanation.

Foot proposes a way for the two types of matter to interact... "kinetic mixing" via the exchange of photons:

"If there is a photon-mirror photon transition force, then now an ordinary electron can actually interact with a mirror electron. ... The net effect of the transition force is to make mirror electrons interact slightly with ordinary electrons."

Let's spin this to imply that light (photons) will facilitate interaction between matter and mirror matter. This will be strongest when photons in our world are present (and overlapping with) the photons present on the island. But the moon is deep within the earth—rarely even approaching its surface.

What would produce light at that depth in the ocean (or underground in Africa)?

Answer: Bioluminescent sea creatures, mining equipment in African mines, and subs and little robots like the ones Naomi mentioned.

The point: The smoke is light from our world "kinetically mixing" with photons on the island. The smoke always takes the shape of clouds of light: faded at the edges and often drifting — just like what happens when a current pushes ocean debris through the light emitted from subs and deep sea robots.

This predicts the smoke should:
Always approximate the shape of light from a realistic source in the ocean or in a mine.
Only ever appear for about 2 minutes (so far this is true), as the moon needs to be brushing one of those locations (within reach of a light source) for this to work.
Only appear at some multiple of 144 minutes since the last time it appeared.
Be able to appear in multiple spots simultaneously if there are multiple light sources.
Respect the orientation and depth of the island.

Let's look at the position and orientation of the island at some moments when the smoke monster has appeared (this stuff and the remaining incidents are noted in the timeline above).
The timeline says about the time the pilot was yanked out of the ****pit, the island was exactly upside down at the bottom of the ocean at the Americas South location. Deep sea subs routinely go on scientific missions to the ocean floor in this region of the ocean and they all have hydraulic arms at their bow that could grab the pilot. So the arm grabs the pilot and then drops him when the moon moves away from the area (taking the ability to interact with the island with it).

Day 50, before noon. Eko is photographed while Charlie is in the tree. The island happens to be in exactly the same position as it was when the pilot was grabbed. So it makes sense that submersibles might show up again. Because the island is upside-down, a remotely operated vehicle (ROV) would be launched from the bow of a sub and then descend, breaking through the ground of the island.
Interesting little nugget.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
so now we have the following:
0ceanic 6:
1. jack
2. kate (with aaron)
3. hurley
4. sayid
5. sun (with ji yeon)
6.?

the 2 other people that survived the crash but did not make it back
7. jin
8. ?

and without further ado, micheal is the spy on the boat.
so where the heck is walt? is he time traveling all over the place (being in places he shouldn't?)

*edit* i saw the date on jin's stone, and it is the date of the plane crash ....
so i guess it is part of their lies?

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
kickureface said:
what do you think dharma initial purpose was for tempest?

I think that the Shakespeare play of the same name may have clues also.

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
I think Jin is still alive but has sacrificed his life off the Island for Sun and Ji Yeon.

There isn't anything to say that Sun isn't straying from the rest of the O6 coverup even though her love for Jin will last forever.

Rebound Material

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LOCKE: "We have to MOVE the island"

Ok, seriously...WTF?! I swear Im gonna be really pissed if this whole series just ends up with a sh!tty ass ending!!

synergy1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rebound Material said:
LOCKE: "We have to MOVE the island"

Ok, seriously...WTF?! I swear Im gonna be really pissed if this whole series just ends up with a sh!tty ass ending!!
the button that resets every 108 minutes refers to a time frame probably in 1996. That way the island is unattainable by outside sources until the station is destroyed. By moving the island, they mean move it in time. Notice how it was found once the station with the button was destroyed.

Maxtro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Anybody else disappointed that Aaron is number 6? Was he technically on the plain when it crashed?

I get the feeling that the freighter is going to explode in the next episode, killing a lot of people.

I'm really starting to wonder who/what Richard is. He looks exactly the same as he did 50 years ago before Locke was born.

AAAgent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
wow one of my co-workers at my internship kept blabbing about lost, so i watched one episode off tv last week. This weekend....i bought and watched all of season 1 and 2 off xbox live.....i think the black smoke is a pretty neat concept. Since everyone was imagining some type of dinosaur or gigantic creature im sure everyone was surprised. i still have about 6 episodes left of season 2. will catch up to u guys soon.

TheDoctor

Don Juan
Reaction score
Haven't seen this quite large thread until today. My girlfriend and I are LOST fanatics. Her roommate was watching the series and she liked it and decided to get into it. I came over from the office one day to have lunch at her place and caught most of the fourth episode of season one. I watched the first three to catch up to her within a week and 3 or 4 months later we had watched every episode from all four seasons.

If you don't watch it, you should! BUT, if will def need to catch up by watching the previous seasons/episodes. You can do that on ABCs website for free.

AAAgent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i have also been contemplating some things such as richards age/youthful appearance, Jacob(is he a real person or can he only be seen on the island by certain individuals.), and if everyone has to go back does that include aaron/desmond/claire/ben(i thought ben wasn't allowed to return to the island after moving it.)