Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

For the college guys who want to meet women

Futurologist

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by BallZ of SteeL:
cool, but lets think of the worst situation that could happen, just to know what should i do , just in case:

me: in the class finally found a hot girl sitting by her own ,sits next to her and just getting ready to start talking

she: um,can you please sit somewhere else cause im waiting for a friend to sit here
(happened to me once)
If she waits til AFTER you sit down to mention that, it's pretty damm rude on her part.

I'd say, "Thanks for the heads up, I'll remember it for next class."
Then start talking to someone else. Remember, you don't only have to meet potential dates in class; it's a great place to make friends (oh yeah, there's that learning thing too.)

BallZ of SteeL

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Futurologist:
(oh yeah, there's that learning thing too.)
whu? learning? in college? *gasp* that wasent what i have been told!

------------------
they have pushed me into this.

now i am not gonna stop.

[This message has been edited by BallZ of SteeL (edited 08-23-2002).]

tweeder

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ah so you're supposed to learn there too huh? Crap! No wonder I've been there for 5 years, and still am no where near graduating. I knew there had to be a catch.

MattB

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bump for a great post

krd

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by afterbuzz:
I have something to add.

If on the first day of class you sit next to an HB, ignore her at first. In fact, give her the impression that you dont like her (dont tell her though, of course). then, as the semester goes on, slowly warm up to her. that way she will feel that you are interested in her not because of her looks. also, bonds built up slowly over long periods of time are stronger than instant connections.
I'm not so sure about that approach. I guess it works if your a skilled or experienced DJ. But many times, the longer you wait for the opportunity, the harder it gets. It becomes a little more awkward, if all of a sudden you've got to start talking to her after ignoring her for a couple of weeks. Best to get it over with as soon as possible, so that you've already estabished a connection and feel comfortable with each other. It's easier than drawing it out over a long period of time. Kind of like going for a swim in a pool of freezing cold water. Just jump right in and you're okay, but trying to slowly make your way down into it is quite an uncomfortable experience.

afterbuzz

Don Juan
Reaction score
dont knock it til you try it. women want a challenge, remember? challenge her by not hitting on her right away. be mysterious. you have all semester to talk to this chick. and its not like you can really SS and establish a strong connection during class, what with the prof there distracting you and her anyway. ignore her at first, then make her feel like she's winning you over. A great PUA once said

"An a$$hole who after a while becomes "Nice" at times is VERY attractive
to females. A "Nice Guy" who becomes mean or an a$$hole is a complete
turn-off to most women."

its true, too.

[This message has been edited by afterbuzz (edited 08-29-2002).]

Nick180

Don Juan
Reaction score
Awesome post! I've been in college for about 4 days now and I've noticed that I've lost some of my DJing skills. I haven't been to this web site in a couple weeks, I find if I read the tips every day then it keeps my DJing skills up. I'm also worried about my roommates seing this web site, so I'm trying to find a good way to do it without them figuring out what i"m doing. But yeah, thanks for the tips! I got to get myself back in the game.

cocainelipgloss

Don Juan
Reaction score
okay okay....i know i wasn't invited here (but i kick ass, don't worry) and i know i'm a swirler (albeit one of the cooler ones) but i HAVE to tell you...

this post fu*king rocks! tweeder, you've really got it down. i bet you're the one who talked to me in class last year on the first day. you know exactly what you're talking about.

*in case you're wondering which swirler i am, i'm cocainelipgloss, but recently changed from leighchristine* i hope this infringement wasn't too damaging, but i HAD to commend you tweeder, on your insightful and completely accurate post.

l-c

krd

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by afterbuzz:
dont knock it til you try it. women want a challenge, remember? challenge her by not hitting on her right away. be mysterious. you have all semester to talk to this chick. and its not like you can really SS and establish a strong connection during class, what with the prof there distracting you and her anyway. ignore her at first, then make her feel like she's winning you over. A great PUA once said

"An a$$hole who after a while becomes "Nice" at times is VERY attractive
to females. A "Nice Guy" who becomes mean or an a$$hole is a complete
turn-off to most women."

its true, too.

[This message has been edited by afterbuzz (edited 08-29-2002).]
Well, the problem with that approach is that you probably won't be the only male in the class. You'll most likely be in competition with a bunch of other male classmates who aren't gonna wait two weeks to talk to her. If there's one thing I've noticed about many women, is that their attention spans can be quite short. If you wait too long, by the time you start moving in on her, she'll have a bunch of other guy's vying for her attention--she'll most likely connect with one of them and forget about you. Many DJ's would argue, if you just ignore her and be mysterious, she'll eventually get so intrigued by you that she'll be on the edge of her seat just waiting for you to make your move, which may be true to some extent. As a matter of fact, it's what I would do naturally, since it's easier than just going up and talking to a woman. But in the real world, there are just too many distractions, for her to just be sitting around thinking "why isn't that guy talking to me?" especially if she can much more easily get with one of the guys who does.

Now, that doesn't mean you should come in all hot and heavy on the first approach, or that you shoukd be all nice and supplicating. Just talk to her like a regular person, and let her be aware you exist. Maybe get her number, but only if things are really going well. It's not crucial since you'll most likely be seeing her again, anyway.

Afterbuzz, I'm not discounting your approach. I hope that when the semester starts, I'll have the opportunity to test both theories. But I'm just speaking from what my experience has been so far. Maybe when I'm a little bit better at this game, I'll start seeing results from trying your approach. We'll see.

[This message has been edited by krd (edited 08-31-2002).]

afterbuzz

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by krd:
...in the real world, there are just too many distractions, for her to just be sitting around thinking "why isn't that guy talking to me?" especially if she can much more easily get with one of the guys who does.
Dude, you're forgetting something! Chicks, especially hot chicks, don't want the guys that they can "more easily get with". they want the challenge!

Also, im not saying you should ignore her the whole time and then suddenly out of the blue start macking. SLOWLY make it seem like you're warming up to her. like SHE'S winning YOU over gradually.

krd

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Like I said, I'm not saying you're wrong. I think there's something to be said for both approaches and I really hope have the opportunity and, more importantly, the nerve to try them out this semester. Maybe try one with a girl in one of my classes and try one with a girl in another. There'll also be plenty of girls coming back from last semster, so if all goes okay, I'll be able to start fresh with them. Not to say it's quite the same thing, but it will give me practice.

I'm just speaking from experience, because I'm a pretty shy and reserved guy and a lot of times because of my personality, I go unnoticed. If you put me against a guy who's outgoing, with a more charismatic personality, he's the one who's gonna get her attention. Perhaps if I were to act outgoing and friendly with everyone else and ignored her, she'd start getting curious. It most likely depends on the personality, which approach is best.

MattB

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is one of the best posts that I have ever seen.
thank you

and..
thank you

I have been using all the tips in this article, and they work. I GOT NUMBERS FROM EVERY SINGLE GIRL THAT I TALKED TO, REGARDLESS OF HOW HOT THEY ARE.

I also noticed that is true that no guys would sit beside hot girls. Well, I was there
to take advantage of that situation. hahahaha

Now I got a question. Should I go for a conversation immediately, or wait for a couple of classes?

nlogn

Reaction score
hey.

just started school, having lots of fun, but I have a question. i guess it's mostly related to looks, but, hey, here goes. Apologies if it's been dealt with previously, but, here goes. im a fairly big guy, tall (6'6) and fat, to be blunt. ive been going to the gym for about a month and a half during the summer, I feel better than I ever have, and I've lost a bit of weight. I'm not near stick boy thin by any means, but I doubt I'll ever be. I'm a big guy. I've accepted that, but there's nothing wrong with trimming a bit of fat, right? So, to be a bit lame and silly, is it worth it for me to try this stuff? Will I just come off looking dumb? I dunno. Confidence is also probably a problem, but hey, one thing at a time.

Thanks.

Drow

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by nlogn:
hey.

just started school, having lots of fun, but I have a question. i guess it's mostly related to looks, but, hey, here goes. Apologies if it's been dealt with previously, but, here goes. im a fairly big guy, tall (6'6) and fat, to be blunt. ive been going to the gym for about a month and a half during the summer, I feel better than I ever have, and I've lost a bit of weight. I'm not near stick boy thin by any means, but I doubt I'll ever be. I'm a big guy. I've accepted that, but there's nothing wrong with trimming a bit of fat, right? So, to be a bit lame and silly, is it worth it for me to try this stuff? Will I just come off looking dumb? I dunno. Confidence is also probably a problem, but hey, one thing at a time.

Thanks.
nlogn,

This stuff applies to everyone. I have been going to the gym almost everyday and it has worked numbers on not only my body (physically), but my confidence, self-esteem, so forth.. Just keep at it and work on improving yourself. Try to keep the focus on bettering yourself and try to enjoy life. Girls will start coming. Just maintain a positive attitude that you can do it.

Just keep working on yourself, and remember to bring your DJ arsenal as well.

drow

------------------
You are what you make your self.

tweeder

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I just thought I'd bump this old post of mine since a new semester is getting ready to start. Maybe there's some newbies here who haven't had a chance to read it yet. Let's get our DJ mindset going as we have a whole new opportunity to meet women this semester.