Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Youtube short that sums up todays' dating market

sangheilios

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If they are only doing half the work than that's a 50 aka a fail or losing grade. I don't care how normal these guys look. They can't talk to women and they are too lazy to get off the PS5/computer and do anything about it.

The fact is that these men were hard working bread winners and household managers that had to suddenly put down whatever they were doing to fight for their country across the planet. Idk how you can confidently say that our lives today is similar or more difficult than our forefathers. Your grandad didn't have time to be having an argument on the internet at 1pm during the work week lol.

Dude this is literally a cake walk compared to even what the boomer had to go through growing up.

Sure, but have you been forcefully drafted to fight in any of these wars? The Boomers didn't have a choice when they were forcefully sent to some Jungle hell in Vietnam.

This point I do agree with you and if millennials do not get the same assistance from the government like our previous generations then this country will be screwed later down the road.
My god, you really don't get it lol.

When I say they have to put in more work I'm referring to in the dating market, not specifically at a job. Do you really think boomers worked hard than milennials or now gen zers? It's totally possible this is the case, but you are totally factoring out the variable that the boomer generation in America was the luckiest generation. They were lucky in that living a middle-upper middle class lifestyle was easily attainable. Becoming a homeowner was again a given so long as you were an average adult, which is not at all the case for millennials and gen zers. The average young adult today will struggle to become a homeowner in any of the major metros in the U.S., particularly those on the coasts. In fact, in many of these metros these young adults have been totally priced out of the market entirely. Something that's been popping up a lot is these "luxury" apartments that are charging almost as much as a mortgage would be. These in reality are average apartments but because they include cheap amenities they can charge these prices.

As for the comment about Vietnam, you realize that there was a huge degree of public disapproval of that war? Are you also forgetting that the "war on terror" was something that occurred for literally 20 years? I was in the 6th grade when 9/11 happened and we invaded/occupied Afghanistan. I was in the 7th grade when the U.S invaded Iraq. Guess what, we didn't even withdraw from Afghanistan until the spring of 2021, and look what that accomplished. Look at what happened in Iraq after our long occupation there. U.S troop fatalities were not higher than they were due to greatly increase emergency medical care. You literally could get shot in Baghdad and within hours be on your way to some top notch military hospital in Germany, which was not the case during the Vietnam war. However, there were hundreds of thousands of troops that have permanent life changing injuries, lost limbs and brain damage being the most common. I'm also not even factoring in the prevalence of PTSD and suicide rates of veterans of these occupations.

You really don't understand anything of what is being discussed.

CornbreadFed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For Americans, the "golden era" commonly referred to is the 20th century after 1945 (post WWII), as the very much outdated circumstances, sentiments and attitudes of that era were repeatedly echoed by people still alive who came of age then. Post WWII was very different in America as compared to the rest of the world.
Not everyone benefited from the “golden era”

sangheilios

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How do you know this?

Have you ever read books from the 19th century or even earlier than this like casanova memories?

Most men back then were slaves to begin with, and if you did not had at least a piece of land it was very likely that you will not get married

Not to mention that most of them died because of plagues or wars

You romanticize the past. The times that you refer to were even tougher to men than they are now

Also, if you can not make male friends why would a woman want to date you?

Your arguments are more or less like fat women demand high caliber guys . It is cringe at best :)
Again, you also are not understanding the point. I'm not saying LIFE itself was harder now than it was in the past, I'm saying that the dating/mating market in America in our present day is harder than what boomer males and their fathers, etc. would have experienced. The average man back then did not struggle to find a woman he could take out and perhaps eventually be married to her, have children, become a homeowner, etc. The average male today struggles with all of these things, most of which is due to external circumstances and not because there is something necessarily wrong with them.

Social media and dating apps specifically were huge game changers in the dating market that made it much more difficult for men overall, though this is NOT the case for women. Have ANY woman make a profile on tinder or any other dating site or app and she will be bombarded with attention. Are some of these men not what she is actually looking for, sure. However, the fact that she has so many options available means that she can be far more selective with what she is going for than she otherwise would have been able to if these technologies did not exist. In contrast, the average man would be considered lucky to have even half that amount of attention on dating sites or apps. Instead of rendering him more selective, as was the case for the woman, he is now in a place where he has to lower his standards, become less selective, etc. This is when you see men like this going for women that are lower quality than they'd otherwise be landing in a more normal dating environment if these technologies were to not exist.

I've cited this on here many times but it's a great example from a while back.
The Online Dating Pig Experiment: Male Thirst | The Hidden Dominion

CornbreadFed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Again, you also are not understanding the point. I'm not saying LIFE itself was harder now than it was in the past, I'm saying that the dating/mating market in America in our present day is harder than what boomer males and their fathers, etc. would have experienced. The average man back then did not struggle to find a woman he could take out and perhaps eventually be married to her, have children, become a homeowner, etc. The average male today struggles with all of these things, most of which is due to external circumstances and not because there is something necessarily wrong with them.
I more than likely matched with my current gf of a year while taking a coffee work shvt. This is easy as it gets lol.

sangheilios

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not everyone benefited from the “golden era”
I don't understand how this works, considering that:
1. the ratio of male/female is the same
2. attraction/chemistry still has to happen in the real world, not the fake, filtered one of apps and social media.
So in actuality that access to literally dozens or even hundreds of men translates to access to men she has no attraction/chemistry for and consequently no way of making anything happen together. After few such dates with nothing to show for it other than wasted time in an awkward manner, even the thick ones will be able to see through the mirage of this incredible abundance of choices.

Jesus christ, you also don't get it.

If dating apps and websites did not exist women would be going out with men that they have some proximity to. This could be them going to the same church, or maybe they work together or they go to the same gym, school, etc.

Now, with dating apps and sites this completely changes how things play out. You can take ANY woman and she will find that she gets A LOT of attention on sites, apps, etc. Are some of these men not what she is looking for, sure, but she has the luxury of sheer numbers/abundance in her favor, which means she can become much more selective with her mate choices. A woman in this scenario may have more potential suitors at one given period of time than a equivalent female 40 years ago may have had in a lifetime. This is the reason why men find that they don't have good experiences with online dating, it's because they are competing against so many other men that are roughly equivalent to them.

If a woman CANNOT find a man to possibly enter into a relationship in today's world there is something going on with her. She easily has so many men who would happily enter into a relationship with her, so the question is why hasn't she found it? The explanation is because she has standards/expectations that none of these men meet, expectations and standards that are unrealistic. It could be a million different things at play. Let's say she wants a guy that is 6'+ and fit, which eliminates a huge portion of the dating field. Then she meets someone like this but then he has something of quirk or mannerism that she doesn't like, so she nexts him lol. You also should consider that dating apps allow women to have short term relationships and flings with men that would honestly be out of their league. This will warp her expectations and she believes that she is entitled to a man like that, so she rejects men that don't live up to those standards.

Not all women are like this, but the fact that we are even talking about this shows much of a broader impact it has on the dating market as a whole.

sangheilios

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I more than likely matched with my current gf of a year while taking a coffee work shvt. This is easy as it gets lol.
You have to be a ****ing idiot, you've completely disregarded everything I've said lol.

Bigpapa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Social media and dating apps specifically were huge game changers in the dating market that made it much more difficult for men overall, though this is NOT the case for women. Have ANY woman make a profile on tinder or any other dating site or app and she will be bombarded with attention. Are some of these men not what she is actually looking for, sure. However, the fact that she has so many options available means that she can be far more selective with what she is going for than she otherwise would have been able to if these technologies did not exist. In contrast, the average man would be considered lucky to have even half that amount of attention on dating sites or apps. Instead of rendering him more selective, as was the case for the woman, he is now in a place where he has to lower his standards, become less selective, etc. This is when you see men like this going for women that are lower quality than they'd otherwise be landing in a more normal dating environment if these technologies were to not exist.

I've cited this on here many times but it's a great example from a while back.
The Online Dating Pig Experiment: Male Thirst | The Hidden Dominion
So you are saying that in the past it was easier for guys to marry, even though they were slaves?

Dude, pay attention what you read

Like now,back then if you were a low value individual you would only marry from the bottom of the barrel ( if you were lucky though )

Back then marriages were arranged by the family and the age gap was crazy as well

Families would just wait for some old guy with some money to come, rather than a poor young guy

My grand grand father was like 30 when he married my grand grand mother who was 16, as an example . My grand grand mother was calling him “mister”

Don’t romanticize the past, it was sh1t back then as it is today

In regards to dating apps, how many high value women do you see there? Not that many

Most Medium to high value women do not spend time on dating apps because their life is fulfilling enough, and mostly they hook up inside their extended social circle. And the extended social circle is just a filter to weed out low value guys

CornbreadFed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If dating apps and websites did not exist women would be going out with men that they have some proximity to. This could be them going to the same church, or maybe they work together or they go to the same gym, school, etc.
There are plenty of women not on dating apps right now. I mentioned this on another topic, but your biggest **** blockers is her EX and friends. Most of the guys on dating apps suck and aren’t a threat. Take away the apps and these factors will still apply.

sangheilios

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So you are saying that in the past it was easier for guys to marry, even though they were slaves?

Dude, pay attention what you read

Like now,back then if you were a low value individual you would only marry from the bottom of the barrel ( if you were lucky though )

Back then marriages were arranged by the family and the age gap was crazy as well

Families would just wait for some old guy with some money to come, rather than a poor young guy

My grand grand father was like 30 when he married my grand grand mother who was 16, as an example

Don’t romanticize the past, it was sh1t back then as it is today
Slaves? Who the hell was a slave? Irish were coming over in the 19th century and they were treated like ****, they still got married and had children. This also applies to Italians in the early 20th century, they also got married and had children lol.

I'm specifically referring to what boomers and their fathers would have experienced, so we are talking about men in the 20th CENTURY. The vast majority of men got married and had children, it was incredibly unusual for a man to remain a bachelor if you were born before WW2.

You have no idea what you are talking about.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Bigpapa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Slaves? Who the hell was a slave? Irish were coming over in the 19th century and they were treated like ****, they still got married and had children. This also applies to Italians in the early 20th century, they also got married and had children lol.

I'm specifically referring to what boomers and their fathers would have experienced, so we are talking about men in the 20th CENTURY. The vast majority of men got married and had children, it was incredibly unusual for a man to remain a bachelor if you were born before WW2.

You have no idea what you are talking about.
I see that almost as many women are not married as are man

Sorry bro, but it makes no sense what you are saying

IMG_2256.jpeg

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

View attachment 10330
In post-war America, it was much easier to get a compatible gf/wife, get a good paying job, and the cost of living was much lower than today. Why are you arguing with posters who have lived in America their whole lives and who know of this firsthand? Is this an anti-American thing?

If it helps to clear your thinking, and this goes for CornHead too, modern technology wasn't missed because it didn't exist. Just like future technologies aren't missed today, because quite obviously we haven't used them due to them not existing yet. And, lo and behold, the vast majority of people in the western world aren't very excited about the "future". I wonder why?

Last edited:

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

View attachment 10330
That's an irrelevant argument because it is all ages. There are plenty of old fogey Boomers propping up those numbers.

The sexual marketplace that the Boomers experienced is way different than the sexual marketplace that the Millennials have experienced and the one that Gen Z is starting to experience.

sangheilios

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

View attachment 10330
Dude, do you not understand what the **** we are talking about? Of course there are the same number of men and women married to each other, we don't live in a polygamist society lol. A substantial number of young men are NOT dating or in relationships. They had a stat that reached the MAINSTREAM media where 2/3 of young men were single while only 1/3 of women were. Why is this? It's because these men are literally not dating. There are women who consider themselves "taken" or in "relationships" with men that honestly are just fwbs, side pieces, etc. These women are not in relationships but have effectively taken themselves off the market chasing "Chad" or some player. This makes 2/3 of men chasing that 1/3 of women, but they also probably waste a lot of their time on women that are taken that entertain their attention or women that are "talking" to someone lol.

CornbreadFed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In post-war America, it was much easier to get a compatible gf/wife, get a good paying job, and the cost of living was much lower than today. Why are you arguing with posters who have lived in America their whole lives and who know of this firsthand? Is this an anti-American thing?

If it helps to clear your thinking, and this goes for CornHead too, modern technology wasn't missed because it didn't exist. Just like future technologies aren't missed today, because quite obviously we haven't used them due to them not existing yet. And, lo and behold, the vast majority of people in the western world aren't very excited about the "future". I wonder why?
I’m American, I prefer now over any period being argued. Despite my grand parents facing oppression, I have a comfortable work from home job, conveniently met my gf without having to sacrifice my life for her, and equally split expenses as opposed to buying everything. I’m also half Russian and half African American so please enlighten me on the privileges my ancestors had.

Last edited:

Bigpapa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That's an irrelevant argument because it is all ages. There are plenty of old fogey Boomers propping up those numbers.

The sexual marketplace that the Boomers experienced is way different than the sexual marketplace that the Millennials have experienced and the one that Gen Z is starting to experience.
So 7 in 2018 vs like 8-9 in the “golden age” in America

Yeah, extremely big difference lol

Argentina and Bolivia, countries “deemed” traditional have way lower marriage rates historically than America

The stats also do not take into consideration long term couples who do not officially marry, as now it is a thing to not marry despite having kids together and so on, as marriage is seen as an old school thing

Stop doing drugs kids

IMG_2257.jpeg

Last edited:

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I’m American, I prefer now over any period being argued.
Hopefully you have the awareness to realize you're in the minority. What happened to music, film and literature btw?

But yeah, this curious myopia does smack of a female poster/troll

Bigpapa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why do you think that only in America it was what you are talking about ?

Post war europe was rebuilt from scratch and a lot of money were made by Europeans, and now more or less is the same problem as in America

You are not a snowflake bro

CornbreadFed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hopefully you have the awareness to realize you're in the minority. What happened to music, film and literature btw?

But yeah, this curious myopia does smack of a female poster/troll
I believe this is all subjective lol. I also updated my post hehe.

Bigpapa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude, do you not understand what the **** we are talking about? Of course there are the same number of men and women married to each other, we don't live in a polygamist society lol. A substantial number of young men are NOT dating or in relationships. They had a stat that reached the MAINSTREAM media where 2/3 of young men were single while only 1/3 of women were. Why is this? It's because these men are literally not dating. There are women who consider themselves "taken" or in "relationships" with men that honestly are just fwbs, side pieces, etc. These women are not in relationships but have effectively taken themselves off the market chasing "Chad" or some player. This makes 2/3 of men chasing that 1/3 of women, but they also probably waste a lot of their time on women that are taken that entertain their attention or women that are "talking" to someone lol.
You also have older guys that are not taken into account and are dating younger women

Same thing as it happened in the past

I am not saying that there no problems in the dating market and so on, but for sure they are not at the level described by you

Yeah, if you are cold as an oyster it is a tough world out there. But guess what, it always has been the case