Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Youtube short that sums up todays' dating market

Stoic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't consider myself black pill or any of that either. That youtube short I linked was honestly more for fun lol, her reaction to what he was saying was hilarious. With that said, the premise of what was being discussed on there and on this thread holds a lot of truth to it.
absolutely, but it is only funny because there is a lot of truth in it. There has been significant hoeflation going on in the western world for some time.

CornbreadFed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
absolutely, but it is only funny because there is a lot of truth in it. There has been significant hoeflation going on in the western world for some time.
hoeflation in congruent to a lot of wimpy/lazy men. Is it a coincidence? I don't think so.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with your comment about money and status though, I feel it's a very dangerous game for a man to try to play. The reality is that the vast majority of men are going to be nowhere near the earning potential to ever truly be able to pull something like that off. You'd literally have to have celebrity or pro athlete status in order to impress women with something like this. From what I've seen, many men try to emulate this style of game but by doing so they can risk their financial future for sure. It's like a "keeping up with the Jones'" mentality or needing to always have the newest car, clothes, etc. High amounts of credit card debt and spending money that'd be better off invested can put severely put you back. I also think a huge issue with this style of "game" is that you are attracting women into your life that you really shouldn't want around. Again, in order to keep these women around you'd have to keep spending and spending, it would basically create a never ending cycle. Worst case scenario is marrying a woman like this and you are stuck with that for life lol.
There have been some threads on playing the money game and its effect on getting a man either laid or getting a woman into longer term relationships. In general, it has a questionable effect. Plenty of men have tried to play the money game and ended up not seeing a substantial improvement.

Men most commonly try to use money and possessions to lure women with purchases in the following categories:

1. Housing...A man might rent a more expensive and luxurious apartment to better position himself in terms of attracting-seducing women. Some men might even buy a house to attract women, but I think this is rarer with the Millennials and soon-to-be rarer with Gen Z as they mature.

2. Automobiles...Men will spend on luxury brand cars to attract and seduce women. This happens.

3. Boats

4. Motorcycles...This is probably one of the more affordable purchases to use to try and attract women.

5. Luxury fashion accessories...This is often seen with Rolexes and other luxury watches. Rollo Tomassi even mentioned men doing this in one of "The Rational Male" books. This can also be done with clothing, shoes, etc. The affordability of these purchases can vary. There are Rolexes and other luxury watches that can cost $10,000 or more. Improving a wardrobe and shoes without buying a Rolex or other luxury watch brand will typically cost a lot less than the $10,000+ for some of the more impressive watch models.

CornbreadFed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you think 2/3 young men are losers you are completely out of touch with the reality of the modern dating world. Again, are some of the men in this category legitimately losers, sure, but the majority of them are going to just be ordinary and normal men. Also, do you ever consider that 1/3 of the men that are NOT in that category could also be losers? There are plenty of men in relationships that have nothing going for them, they just got lucky and had things line up for them.
If they are only doing half the work than that's a 50 aka a fail or losing grade. I don't care how normal these guys look. They can't talk to women and they are too lazy to get off the PS5/computer and do anything about it.

You also are really out of touch with the lives men had in previous generations. Post WW2 America an average man would have been able to support a family on his own income. Many factory jobs had incredible benefits, such as pensions, etc. and overall paid quite well. They weren't working 20 hours a day for sure. This started to change in the 1970s, which is when we started seeing a shift away from this lifestyle and more to what we recognize in recent decades. The average man in the U.S during the post WW2 boom of the late 40s through the 60s did not have to put in as much work in order to find a woman who he could potentially marry and have children with. I'm going to completely disregard your comment about the Korean and Vietnam wars because they have no real relevance to the broader dating market.
The fact is that these men were hard working bread winners and household managers that had to suddenly put down whatever they were doing to fight for their country across the planet. Idk how you can confidently say that our lives today is similar or more difficult than our forefathers. Your grandad didn't have time to be having an argument on the internet at 1pm during the work week lol.

The Millennials and early Gen Zers are in a very different set of circumstances than what their parents and grandparents would have had. This generation has been incredibly unlucky in many ways, which I'll elaborate on. First, in my areas of the country many in this age bracket were socially pressured into going to college, which during the 90s and on had become a huge money making scam. Many were saddled with quite impressive amounts of debt, well into the 5 figures and even more was incredibly common. They also became young adults in a time period of stagnation but with incredible increases in the cost of living, particularly housing. Then you have the 2008 financial crisis, which the U.S. never really recovered from, and later the COVID lockdowns. Overall, during their prime years Millennials lived in a time of incredible economic uncertainty and distress.
Dude this is literally a cake walk compared to even what the boomer had to go through growing up.

I'll also add that the U.S had been involved in sort of bull**** war or occupation from 2001 and until the withdrawal from Afghanistan in 2021.
Sure, but have you been forcefully drafted to fight in any of these wars? The Boomers didn't have a choice when they were forcefully sent to some Jungle hell in Vietnam.

I'm going to tie this together in case I lost you. The average Millennial has had to put in far more work in order to have the same lifestyle as that of their parents, this goes for both men and women. They had to take on much more student debt to get a degree than what their parents may have had to. Becoming a home owner is substantially harder, perhaps even impossible for many living in certain areas, something that was a given for their parents. Is all of this stuff impossible, no, it's just that you have to be much tighter on your game than what was required of previous generations. This means making really good financial decisions, very careful decisions with college, career choices, etc.
This point I do agree with you and if millennials do not get the same assistance from the government like our previous generations then this country will be screwed later down the road.

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, and what about the countless cases of ongoing domestic violence that happened back then ? If you've ever lived with a woman AFTER all attraction is gone, you know what I'm talking about. Women will break men mentally, men will break womem physically. Both are terrible, but the latter is visible.

Something I don't see back in this thread yet. Imagine having a witch wife that keeps gaining weight that you can't get rid off, while you have to keep working your azz of to provide for her.

There's a reason why eventually men also agreed with emancipation. Not only because women would benefit from that.

I'll like to clarify that the men in that picture likely were chasing fashion that women of their time deem nice. The big issue with the bottom right soyboy is that he went all in on the feminist agenda created by the parallel culture above him. I would say the men are worse off than the women when we take feminized men into account.

To give a counter example, masculine women are equally cringe.
I bet those men would never imagine that their clothes would stand every test of time.
Thats why that picture hit like it does. Yes we men eventually will wear what women like, yet the clothes they wore are still are still the ultimate representation of manliness.

By the way, imagine that dude with those types of women. Such a woman would eat him alive.

Last edited:

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If they are only doing half the work than that's a 50 aka a fail or losing grade. I don't care how normal these guys look. They can't talk to women and they are too lazy to get off the PS5/computer and do anything about it.

The fact is that these men were hard working bread winners and household managers that had to suddenly put down whatever they were doing to fight for their country across the planet. Idk how you can confidently say that our lives today is similar or more difficult than our forefathers. Your grandad didn't have time to be having an argument on the internet at 1pm during the work week lol.

Dude this is literally a cake walk compared to even what the boomer had to go through growing up.

Sure, but have you been forcefully drafted to fight in any of these wars? The Boomers didn't have a choice when they were forcefully sent to some Jungle hell in Vietnam.

This point I do agree with you and if millennials do not get the same assistance from the government like our previous generations then this country will be screwed later down the road.
OK Boomer. Keep bringing up Vietnam since you have such a strong personal connection being born in the 90's. The only thing they did right was ending the draft.

pipeman84

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
One huge difference between recent times and what the previous generations experienced is the competition you will face due to social media and dating apps. Before the advent of these technologies, women dated men they had some sort of proximity or contact with. They didn't have access to literally dozens or even hundreds of men at a given time at their fingertips. This technology provides women with an incredible abundance of choices, so naturally the response is to be increasingly more selective.
I don't understand how this works, considering that:
1. the ratio of male/female is the same
2. attraction/chemistry still has to happen in the real world, not the fake, filtered one of apps and social media.
So in actuality that access to literally dozens or even hundreds of men translates to access to men she has no attraction/chemistry for and consequently no way of making anything happen together. After few such dates with nothing to show for it other than wasted time in an awkward manner, even the thick ones will be able to see through the mirage of this incredible abundance of choices.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
this is literally a cake walk compared to even what the boomer had to go through growing up.
In certain ways, the Boomers had it easier than the Millennials did growing up and inside their young adulthoods. The Boomers were less economically affected by globalization than the Millennials. The US government deficit was lower for Boomers in the 1960s-early 1970s. The overall mating environment was healthier for Boomers than Millennials, even in the years after the Sexual Revolution started to take hold (1965-1980). Recall that the Sexual Revolution started in 1960 with the birth control pill.

The Boomers were not the initial users of birth control pills. That was the Silent Generation (late 1920s-1945 births). That's the generation that is dying off right now. Most Boomers were too young to be on birth control until the 1970s. Additionally, no fault divorce arrived in most US states in the early 1970s, before most Boomers needed to file for divorce because they were either too young to be married then or had just gotten married and their marriages had yet to go downhill. The people who filed for no fault divorces between 1969-1975 were members of the Silent Generation.

If you consider the attendees at Woodstock in 1969, a good portion of them were members of the Silent Generation. The oldest Boomers were 23 in 1969. While there were some 18-23 year old Boomers at Woodstock, I'd say that there were plenty of 24-30 year old Silent Generation people at Woodstock.

The Boomers didn't have a choice when they were forcefully sent to some Jungle hell in Vietnam.
A lot of Boomers were draft dodgers and didn't embrace Vietnam in the same way that the GI Generation (1910s-early 1920s births) embraced World War II. In defense of the Boomers, the circumstances surrounding the Vietnam War were much different than the circumstances surrounding World War II. The real reason for the conflicts in Korea and Vietnam was ending World War II too soon. General MacArthur believed that the USA needed stay in Asia longer in the 1940s would have left Asia less prone to the conditions that created conflicts in Korea, Vietnam, and led to the rise of communism in China.

Millennials will never see a dime from Social Security when they go to retire.

The biggest kicker is that the world you are complaining about today is backlash/negative reaction from failures of the parents of the Boomers.
Let's talk about the parents of the Boomer generation. Those would be the GI Generation (mainly the 1910s-early 1920s births). That generation did a lot for the USA. As young adults, they were the soldiers that won World War II. Once they got home from Europe and Asia, they married women who were not penis carousel riders and had children. Those children were the Baby Boomers. Most were people of high character and a larger percentage were practitioners of organized religion. They were civic minded and responsible. They often lived with dignity and respected others.

The Boomers did rebel against the authority of the GI Generation. There were consequences for that. However, history often credits the Boomers for creating some negative social changes that they didn't create. They were the first large generation to propel the pre-existing changes forward. A lot of the changes started with the Silent Generation. As mentioned earlier, it was the Silent Generation that started using birth control pills first. The Silent Generation were the initial wave of divorcees.

Some fictional Silent Generation men can be seen on Mad Men. Don Draper was late GI Generation and borderline Silent. Pete Campbell's character was born in 1934 and a typical Silent. Peggy Olson, the most revolutionary character of the story, was born in 1939 and a Silent. She got a prescription for birth control in the first episode.

Last edited:

Bigpapa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude, you are seriously missing the point. The point is that the average man in the past didn't have to put in so much effort in order to land a quality woman. A significant number of men from previous generations that ended up getting married and having children would literally be complete incels, or very close to it, if they were young men in the current dating market.
How do you know this?

Have you ever read books from the 19th century or even earlier than this like casanova memories?

Most men back then were slaves to begin with, and if you did not had at least a piece of land it was very likely that you will not get married

Not to mention that most of them died because of plagues or wars

You romanticize the past. The times that you refer to were even tougher to men than they are now

Also, if you can not make male friends why would a woman want to date you?

Your arguments are more or less like fat women demand high caliber guys . It is cringe at best :)

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How do you know this?

Have you ever read books from the 19th century or even earlier than this like casanova memories?

Most men back then were slaves to begin with, and if you did not had at least a piece of land it was very likely that you will not get married

Not to mention that most of them died because of plagues or wars

You romanticize the past. The times that you refer to were even tougher to men than they are now

Also, if you can not make male friends why would a woman want to date you?

Your arguments are more or less like fat women demand high caliber guys . It is cringe at best :)
For Americans, the "golden era" commonly referred to is the 20th century after 1945 (post WWII), as the very much outdated circumstances, sentiments and attitudes of that era were repeatedly echoed by people still alive who came of age then. Post WWII was very different in America as compared to the rest of the world.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Vietnam is an overlooked war and arguably one of the worst for a common American foot soldier.
There was rampant sex with local hors and partying. People got PTSD because they could act anyway they wanted to so long as it was the "other" and did not have to worry about consequences back home. While I dont agree to it, it sounded more like a party than a war by some accounts. The comradery developed in battlefields, the thrill of not knowing whether your number is next in the battle, and having stories stick to your soul you can share to impress the ladies when you get back. Do we really need a draft for that?

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There was rampant sex with local hors and partying. People got PTSD because they could act anyway they wanted to so long as it was the "other" and did not have to worry about consequences back home. While I dont agree to it, it sounded more like a party than a war by some accounts. The comradery developed in battlefields, the thrill of not knowing whether your number is next in the battle, and having stories stick to your soul you can share to impress the ladies when you get back. Do we really need a draft for that?
Surfing USA at home or getting shot at in Nam. Tough, tough choice.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For Americans, the "golden era" commonly referred to is the 20th century after 1945 (post WWII), as the very much outdated circumstances, sentiments and attitudes of that era were repeatedly echoed by people still alive who camIe of age then. Post WWII was very different in America as compared to the rest of the world.
After World War II, the rest of the world was in bad condition from the devastation of World War. For about 20-25 years following the end of World War II, the supremacy of the United States was unquestionable. The advantages of that post World War II supremacy had started to wear off by the onset of the 1970s. In the 1970s, Japan had started to recover and became a economic powerhouse. The oil shocks of the 1970s made some Japanese cars very marketable in the United States, mainly certain compact and mid-size sedan models from Honda and Toyota that were quite gas efficient. GM, Ford, and Chrysler weren't making smaller, gas efficient cars as well as Honda, Toyota, or Datsun/Nissan.

Japanese electronics started to take off in the 1970s from brands like Sony.

Japan had a great 1970s and 1980s, then the Nikkei crashed in 1989. The crash of the Nikkei in 1989 and its effects on the mating marketplace in Japan is much like the USA's crash of 2007-08 and its effect on the mating marketplace for the earlier part of the Millennial generation. That takes us full circle back to the original angle of the conversation, which was the bad mating market conditions for young-ish Millennial adults and the newly grown up adults of Gen Z.

Bigpapa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That takes us full circle back to the original angle of the conversation, which was the bad mating market conditions for young-ish Millennial adults and the newly grown up adults of Gen Z.
Couples were having 10 children prior to ww2, when it was a sh1t period according to what you have said

After ww2 the numbers started to drop

There is no correlation between mating and economy

Actually mating suffers more in good times than in bad ones

The last 40-50 years were the best ever from an economic point of view for the vast majority of people from developed countries, because prior to ww2 there were not that many developed countries to begin with

Money if you do not spend a sh1t load of them makes no difference( unless you are extremely poor and barely have what to eat- but in all fairness, how many of you are like that, especially by sheer accident? )

Stop mental masturbating guys, most of the problems are because of you, not because the world is mean and people have something against you

How many of the guys here complaining all the time actually have any friends that they can go grab a beer with or go eat somewhere and so on?

Last edited:

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Couples were having 10 children prior to ww2, when it was a sh1t period according to what you have said

After ww2 the numbers started to drop

There is no correlation between mating and economy

Actually mating suffers more in good times than in bad ones

The last 40-50 years were the best ever from an economic point of view for the vast majority of people from developed countries, because prior to ww2 there were not that many developed countries to begin with

Money if you do not spend a sh1t load of them makes no difference( unless you are extremely poor and barely have what to eat- but in all fairness, how many of you are like that, especially by sheer accident? )

Stop mental masturbating guys, most of the problems are because of you, not because the world is mean and people have something against you

How many of the guys here complaining all the time actually have any friends that they can go grab a beer with or go eat somewhere and so on?
Enjoy your youth bro, because the world isn't getting any better (and I've done thousands of hours of research over the past 15 years to back this up).

Bigpapa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Enjoy your youth bro, because the world isn't getting any better (and I've done thousands of hours of research over the years to back this up).
The world was always sh1t and bad things happened all the time

Very fatalistic outlook on life

Life is something that you feel, not something that you think about

If you would not be so busy thinking life and feel it instead, your point of view will change drastically

If you go to a girl and start talking sh1t like this, no wonder that she does not want to speak with you. Same thing with guys, they will not want to spend time with you doing what guys do. You would just be “ that guy who better not to say more than hello to”

It is very stupid expectation to think that you can talk deep things with most people, but this again is a you problem not a problem with the world. The world was always like this. Go back 100 years ago and you will see that most people had basic grammar and math skills, not intellectuals to talk things with

Go back 200 years ago and you will find out that the vast majority of people were illiterates

The line of thinking were you focus on something while ignoring the rest, and then you draw a conclusion that you think is meaningful, is naive at best

Last edited: