Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

your thought on mike tyson coming back

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
He looks good but think he should stick to his play and exhibition matches
Agree. And they should keep it quiet. Itll be very hard to damn near impossible to bring back the old rage and tenacity because he's already accomplished it. Exhibitions will get watched for sure.

Medina

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
George Foreman did it. Probably the most amazing resurgence in sports history

But Mike is a different kind of fighter. He's short. Which means he needs constant speed (at 53 this is a big ask)

Keep in mind heavyweights today go up to 6"9. Mike is only 5"10. For this reason alone it's unrealistic

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
George Foreman did it. Probably the most amazing resurgence in sports history

But Mike is a different kind of fighter. He's short. Which means he needs constant speed (at 53 this is a big ask)

Keep in mind fighters today go up to 6"9. Mike is only 5"10. For this reason alone it's unrealistic
Mikes beaten 6'4" guys before his tallest was 6'5". His fighting style gave him a large advantage over taller longer armed fighters.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sure, because he had the speed. But can't see him keeping up that tempo at 53
It wasn't speed. It was the "peek a boo" fighting style coached by Cus D'Amato. It was designed to remove a reach and height advantage by slipping the first jab with a jab step and a bob, and getting in very close, where the longer arm fighter is not effective. But yes, he had speed, power, control, and technique. There was a method to the madness.

Most people dont' realize that his first 5-6 years in boxing that he abstained from sex, alcohol and anything else. When his trainer died, the "world" (Don King) got a hold of him, and he was doing coke, strippers, and partying and drinking. On a world class machine of a physique, all of that bullshyt will drop your level quite a bit.

He's a devout family man now, married and muslim. I don't think he cares about partying anymore, so he will probably"do right" and see just how far he can take it. How hold was old GeorgeForman fighting again? 58? 60? I don't recall.

Medina

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It wasn't speed. It was the "peek a boo" fighting style coached by Cus D'Amato. It was designed to remove a reach and height advantage by slipping the first jab with a jab step and a bob, and getting in very close, where the longer arm fighter is not effective. But yes, he had speed, power, control, and technique. There was a method to the madness.

Most people dont' realize that his first 5-6 years in boxing that he abstained from sex, alcohol and anything else. When his trainer died, the "world" (Don King) got a hold of him, and he was doing coke, strippers, and partying and drinking. On a world class machine of a physique, all of that bullshyt will drop your level quite a bit.

He's a devout family man now, married and muslim. I don't think he cares about partying anymore, so he will probably"do right" and see just how far he can take it. How hold was old GeorgeForman fighting again? 58? 60? I don't recall.
George was mid 40's and his opponents were his own size

Mike couldn't keep up that style the older he got. And yes personal problems didn't help either

It would be a miracle if he could do it now

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
George was mid 40's and his opponents were his own size

Mike couldn't keep up that style the older he got. And yes personal problems didn't help either

It would be a miracle if he could do it now
The removal of personal problems and negative attention should help a ton. As a younger man he had issues going past about 6 rounds. I'm not sure how the old "killer" level of fire and tenacity will exist in him because he already accomplished those things as a younger man. However, once he gets hit, I don't think he will like it, and his anger will reignite, like a robot being plugged into the energy. Who knows.

All of those bad years he had HIGH levels of distraction, coke, girls, negative press, partying, drinking, etc. All of the bullshyt will be cut out this time around, it's going to be an interesting sight to see.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The removal of personal problems and negative attention should help a ton. As a younger man he had issues going past about 6 rounds. I'm not sure how the old "killer" level of fire and tenacity will exist in him because he already accomplished those things as a younger man. However, once he gets hit, I don't think he will like it, and his anger will reignite, like a robot being plugged into the energy. Who knows.

All of those bad years he had HIGH levels of distraction, coke, girls, negative press, partying, drinking, etc. All of the bullshyt will be cut out this time around, it's going to be an interesting sight to see.
He's gotta get physically in the great shape as well, that means cut abs and no midsection slop. His mind needs to know he's in very good conditioning.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think George Forman was 39 at the time of his first comeback fight. The thing about George, though, was that he was a completely changed man, when he climbed back into the ring for a second go. George was so even tempered and patient, unflappable, and you couldn't knock him down with an aluminum baseball bat. He could absorb anything, until his opponents tired themselves out, and old George still hit like a freight train. He didn't have to be fast, just unbreakable, powerful, and patient as a monk. If Mike can as successfully remake himself, he might have a successful comeback, too. It's unthinkable that Old Mike could ever be the springing tiger that Young Mike was. Old George was a lumbering bear, and it worked for him.
Well you seen some of his recent videos of him hitting pads? There's alot of violence and quickness in there. I just saw the midsection fat, he needs that off... If he can get into awesome shape, and do what he does it will be surprising...

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think George Forman was 39 at the time of his first comeback fight. The thing about George, though, was that he was a completely changed man, when he climbed back into the ring for a second go. George was so even tempered and patient, unflappable, and you couldn't knock him down with an aluminum baseball bat. He could absorb anything, until his opponents tired themselves out, and old George still hit like a freight train. He didn't have to be fast, just unbreakable, powerful, and patient as a monk. If Mike can as successfully remake himself, he might have a successful comeback, too. It's unthinkable that Old Mike could ever be the springing tiger that Young Mike was. Old George was a lumbering bear, and it worked for him.
This here says Foreman was 45 years old... And he shortly held a title...

Ten years later he announced a comeback and, in 1994 at age 45, he regained a portion of the heavyweight championship by knocking out 26-year-old Michael Moorer to win the unified WBA, IBF, and lineal titles.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well you seen some of his recent videos of him hitting pads? There's alot of violence and quickness in there. I just saw the midsection fat, he needs that off... If he can get into awesome shape, and do what he does it will be surprising...
They will work him up different opponent levels, and his confidence will climb. That's a large part of it.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I haven't seen his workouts. I only just heard about his intended comeback. I would be surprised if he could still move the way he did when he was 20. If he can, I want whatever he's taking. That would be amazing to see. I'm looking forward to seeing him fight, again.
Yea you gotta see the pad work and his footwork. People never realized back in the day his footwork was awesome.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was just going by memory, but after reading your post, I looked it up and he 38 at the time of his first comeback fight, in March of 1987(10 years after his last previous professional fight). He became a big money fighter, again, after his 1989 televised fight, and stayed in the money until he retired, again. His second boxing career was much more successful than his first. Even if Mike could remain relevant and formidable for several years, as George did, it would still be amazing, belt or not.
Yea and they know ALOT more about training today in the 20-teens and later than they did in the late 80's and early 90's. So Tyson will be able to be strong and cut as hell. This is going to be interesting, if I was managing him, I wouldn't want him talking.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong. I'm a convert, begrudgingly, to the science. However, having grown up in ignorance and suffering for it, there's a good argument against overdependence on science, technology, machinery, and chemistry, too. I just can't get used to seeing teenagers on TRT. I think (I know this is only a philosophical argument) there's a real danger of science making us look and feel better, while making us weaker, if we aren't careful, if we don't use it properly....if don't use it to stretch out limits, instead of just as a shortcut. My biggest fear of the Zombie Apocalypse isn't getting my brains eaten; it's not being able to get my meds! (which is why I don't take meds)
The science as into which foods to eat and timings. Not eating overly processed products or chemicals.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fair enough. Didn't mean to go off chasing rabbits, anyway.
This guys style was always a problem for taller guys. If he can get in near world class conditioning and get his head into it he's going to surprise quite a few folks. Not sure about world champ again, we have to see this first step first.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Most people dont' realize that his first 5-6 years in boxing that he abstained from sex, alcohol and anything else.
Yes, but was he practicing No Fap?