Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Your favorite Metal band?

Which one of these is your favorite band?

• Metallica

Votes: 12 35.3%
  • Slayer

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Lamb of God

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Megadeth

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Others

Votes: 16 47.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Megadeth most certainly does not blow. That's just ridiculouse talk. The fact that their front man was in metallica makes them great by degree. That's not even an argument.

ValleyDJing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Busted ass, wanna be Metallicas. Singer's voice is aweful too I might add.

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
Padron Reserve maduro in hand while finishing my b
PRMoon said:
Megadeth most certainly does not blow. That's just ridiculouse talk. The fact that their front man was in metallica makes them great by degree. That's not even an argument.
Paul D'amore was a part of early Tool but he ain't sh!t. Megadeth was decent when I was in high school, and even then only in spurts. Mustaine doesn't have any growth to his music which is why it's passable at best. I still put it in my cd player every couple of years for nostalgia's sake.

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
KarmaSutra said:
Paul D'amore was a part of early Tool but he ain't sh!t. Megadeth was decent when I was in high school, and even then only in spurts. Mustaine doesn't have any growth to his music which is why it's passable at best. I still put it in my cd player every couple of years for nostalgia's sake.
But you do put it in a cd player.

Megadeth has monster guitar rifts and their music did progress well enough for a band of it's calliber. They had a music transgression of a little over a decade which is good enough to make them better then well over half the metal bands in existance period.

:rockon:

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
Padron Reserve maduro in hand while finishing my b
PRMoon said:
But you do put it in a cd player.

Megadeth has monster guitar rifts and their music did progress well enough for a band of it's calliber. They had a music transgression of a little over a decade which is good enough to make them better then well over half the metal bands in existance period.

:rockon:
The only album I have is: Peace Sells... But Who's Buying?

And I can only stomach it every few years for high schoolic nostalgia.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
megadeath... a tout le monde
was what i remember most...

WhitePimp

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think Megadeth were gold between Rust In Peace-Cryptic Writings. Once Marty and Nick left it all went downhill (I doubt they contributed too much to those albums anyway but still, Marty was actually a unique guitarist compared to the generic ones they've had since). The System Has Failed was fvcking AWESOME and a great comeback but United Abominations kind of fell short. I think the first 3 Megadeth albums are horrible (although there are some incredible songs scattered throughout). :eek:

I can honestly say I love everything Metallica's done except St. Anger. The Loads were different as hell, but taken on there own without the thrash metal label attached to the band, they're experimental and awesome!

Have any of you guys heard Dimmu Borgir or Between The Buried And Me?

PulpFiction

Don Juan
Reaction score
I totally agree with you WhitePimp.Marty was out of the ordinary and I am quite sure no Megadeth guitarist can be compared with him.

I own two Dimmu Borgir album ,Death cult armageddon and Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia.But to be honest I hardly ever listen to them.It'd be great if you point out some good Dimmu Borgir songs.

Silvertip

Don Juan
Reaction score
Megadeth's early albums sound like crap because the band used most of their recording budget on booze and drugs so Dave produced it himself. "Peace Sells" might be one of their worst studio tracks...but it is by far their best when they play it live.

Try to get your hands on a live recording of Megadeth. It's worth it.

edger

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A state in America that'll unmercifully leave you
So many to name:

Emperor, Goatwh*re, Burzum, Amon Amarth, Gorgoroth, Carpathian Forest, Children of Bodom, Bathory, Mayhem, Rotting Christ, old Dimmu Borgir, all the Norweigan and Scandanavian black/death/doom metal.

\m/ \m/ \m/ \m/

Colin O'Brien

Don Juan
Reaction score
Power metal/symphonic metal anyone?

Kamelot, Epica, Dragonforce, Within Temptation, Rhapsody of Fire.. hmm I gotta go with Nightwish as my favorite, both new and old.

edger

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A state in America that'll unmercifully leave you
Colin O'Brien said:

Kamelot, Epica, Dragonforce, Within Temptation, Rhapsody of Fire.. hmm I gotta go with Nightwish as my favorite, both new and old.
Yes, Dragonforce. And I don't care how much people rip apart Dragonforce...they're a good band as far as I'm concerned and very talented. Nightwish is good too, except it's a little to "chicky" for me. Don't know much about Kamelot, Epica, Within Temptation, or Rhapsody of Fire to say that I like them. Have to check 'em out though.

DonJuanit0

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wasp are way better than these bands :)

PhunGar

Don Juan
Reaction score
Dark Tranquility
Behemoth
Arch Enemy
Those 3 for the mean time

splinterkb

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MacAvoy said:
I would suggest that most of the bands on your list are heavier than the polled bands. I would also suggest that the bands you listed are ALTERNATIVE bands, if you look at the bands polled, they are also from a different era although the lines get awfully close to blurred.
Sevendust, tool, slipknot, alice in chains... ALTERNATIVE? Are you kidding me?

splinterkb

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Colin O'Brien said:

You're gonna talk about power metal and leave out Blind Guardian? What about Iced Earth? Stratovarious?

joekerr31

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
personally i think megadeth is way better than metallica.

the difference in the bands is that metallica's songs were always about other people - they were stories in a way. most of their songs are third person narrative. more about the beat and the story than personal things.

megadeth songs were always about personal emotion - the individuals feeling towards life. most of their songs are first person narratives. a lot like nine inch nails if you will.

megadeths music was a lot more angry than metallicas. megadeth is a 'f*ck you, f*ck the government, f*ck this world of idiots.' kind of music - punk metal if you will.

whereas metallica was always 'grrr, look how angry i can be. yay, i love testosterone rushes." - mainstream metal.

megadeth is closer to the sex pistols and metallica is closer to ozzy osborne.

metallica was 'look at my new cool tattoo of a skull.' while megadeth was 'f*ck tattoos, look at the grenade i've got in my hand and the grenade pin between my teeth - BOOM"

Justaguy254254

Don Juan
Reaction score
Gotta agree with splinterkb that Blind Guardian definitely deserves a mention. They are pretty damn cool, and it was great to see them play live in Chicago on Thanksgiving in 2006. They put on a hell of a show.

Other interesting metal bands to check out:

Wuthering Heights
Falconer
Persuader
Morifade
Communic
Manticora
Symphony X
Grave Digger
Iron Savior
Ion Vein
Suspyre