"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

Work colleague just asked me if I want to go hiking on the 15th?

Sgthaytham

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Nov 28, 2015
Messages
397
Reaction score
128
Age
32
I've only known her for 2-3 months and she randomly just asked me if I would like to go on a hike with her on the 15th...

I kind of told her I would have to check my schedule...

FYI I've never met her in real life...
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

Sgthaytham

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Nov 28, 2015
Messages
397
Reaction score
128
Age
32
Sounds like she wants to escalate to an IRL event…
Have a good time
You think?

The thing that's making me doubt it is that it seems far too forward, you know, after chatting a few times over Teams, to asking me to go on a date, effectively... I don't really know...
 

Sgthaytham

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Nov 28, 2015
Messages
397
Reaction score
128
Age
32
Seriously? You need advice about whether or not to actually meet a girl in real life?

You think it's too forward that she wants to MEET YOU in real life?
It's certainly quite forward in the sense that we've never met in person and I have no idea what she looks like...
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

BackInTheGame78

Moderator
Joined
Sep 10, 2014
Messages
16,860
Reaction score
19,086
You think?

The thing that's making me doubt it is that it seems far too forward, you know, after chatting a few times over Teams, to asking me to go on a date, effectively... I don't really know...
Has she ever seen you in person? Does she know someone that works with you or knows you? This sounds like one of those things where she knows someone who gave you a good review to her and now she is interested in finding out more...
 

Sgthaytham

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Nov 28, 2015
Messages
397
Reaction score
128
Age
32
Has she ever seen you in person? Does she know someone that works with you or knows you? This sounds like one of those things where she knows someone who gave you a good review to her and now she is interested in finding out more...
Neither of us have seen other.

I guess that could be a possibility, we're part of a pretty tight-knit work group, so maybe yeah. Plenty of people have seen me in real life.
 

SirBigBell

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Dec 28, 2018
Messages
397
Reaction score
752
I've only known her for 2-3 months and she randomly just asked me if I would like to go on a hike with her on the 15th...

I kind of told her I would have to check my schedule...

FYI I've never met her in real life...
Commit to the trip, but a bit more time to study her energy properly. She obviously likes your vibe if she has invited you. However, she may have invited others also to make it a group outing of friends. If you count your chicks too soon you may be disappointed. She may be seeing you as a friend at this point, so play it safe and mentally prepare yourself for a friendly outing. If things turn out to be steamy later on then thats a bonus. But for now, dont raise your hopes too high and potentially misread the tide
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

BackInTheGame78

Moderator
Joined
Sep 10, 2014
Messages
16,860
Reaction score
19,086
Commit to the trip, but a bit more time to study her energy properly. She obviously likes your vibe if she has invited you. However, she may have invited others also to make it a group outing of friends. If you count your chicks too soon you may be disappointed. She may be seeing you as a friend at this point, so play it safe and mentally prepare yourself for a friendly outing. If things turn out to be steamy later on then thats a bonus. But for now, dont raise your hopes too high and potentially misread the tide
Agreed...she may have invited a whole bunch of coworkers so this might not be a one on one thing. I'd just ask her "So how many of us are going to be hiking?"
 

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 10, 2020
Messages
4,210
Reaction score
4,701
Age
46
I've only known her for 2-3 months and she randomly just asked me if I would like to go on a hike with her on the 15th...

I kind of told her I would have to check my schedule...

FYI I've never met her in real life...
Tell her "let's meet for a drink after work and talk about it". If she looks like a Hippopotamus or avoids coming within 1 meter of you, then tell her no. Also tell her no if she brings along a bunch of kochblockers or mentions a boyfriend.
 
Top