"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

Woman's Phone Number

LADawg49

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Aug 29, 2004
Messages
218
Reaction score
1
I need some advice when it comes to asking for a woman's phone number in a confident manner. I can approach, start the convo but have a hard time number closing so I wanted to know, which is the best way to ask for her number while sounding confident at the same time?
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

LADawg49

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Aug 29, 2004
Messages
218
Reaction score
1
Thank you so much man.. I approached two women in my car today. Didn't get numbers but I feel more confident. With the first one, she was real attractive, so I honked at her. she looked and heres how it went:
Me: I noticed u got some Jamba Juice with you.
She: Yea I do.
Me: What flavor u got?
She: Carribean Passion.
Me: Damn, that sounds great got some for me.
She was laughin, then I motion for her to come over..
Me: BTW my name is **** , whats yours?
Her: My name is *****.
Me: Its a pleasure to meet u.
Then I ask her what she doin in school and where she work at and what days she work at.
Me: How bout I get your number so we can continue this?
She: Naw, Im cool I got a boyfriend.
Convo ends..
To all: What advice would yall give me when it comes to improving my game for next time?
 

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 2, 2002
Messages
3,956
Reaction score
16
Location
Land of the Ruins
What I usually do

I usually cut the conversation off first, and say something to the effect of (usually with some smartass teasing thrown in): "been cool chatting with you, but I'm <<taking off, going to the lavatory, whatever>>, so we'll have to pick it up at a later date, what's your number?"

I always say "what's your #?," rather than "can I get your number?" It's a subtle matter of assuming the affirmative, and showing control of the situation. Control is sexy.
 

DJ_Dork

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 29, 2003
Messages
1,178
Reaction score
0
Age
48
This is pathetic.

"I gotta sound confident"

"What's the best tactic"

Pathetic.
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

Top