"The Coffee Shop Girl You Never Spoke To"

You've replayed it a hundred times. She stood three feet away, scrolling her phone. You had an opening. You composed the perfect line — after she was gone.

For all you know, she's married now. To some guy who said something. Anything.

Openers are cheap. Almost any sentence works when it's delivered within three seconds. The expensive part is the standing there, drafting and deleting, while the window quietly closes.

The "22 Rules" stripped out my hesitation. What to open with, how to keep it alive, and the one habit that costs guys more women than anything else: waiting for perfect.

Read more...

Woman tests

Don_Marko

Senior Don Juan
Joined
May 23, 2004
Messages
352
Reaction score
1
Location
Ontario
We've all heard many times about the tests that women use on us. Yet I have seen any posts that we can use on them to test character, but then again I'm fairly new here.
There's two tests that I know of:
1) Do you want this woman to be mother of your child (only applies later on in life...)
2) Open the car door for her, with the drivers side door locked, will she unlock it? If she doesn't that means she's a selfish b!tch and get away from her (from Bronx Tale... great movie :) )
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

Caveman

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 22, 2001
Messages
694
Reaction score
2
Location
NL
I don't quite agree to this.. I think it's kinda girlie to have a girl pass a certain test. I think there's many things you can pick up from normal behaviour that tells you what kinda girl she is. Pay attention to how she treats other people, stuff like that.

Don't keep a list or grade her according to some test.

That's just my opinion.
 

Don_Marko

Senior Don Juan
Joined
May 23, 2004
Messages
352
Reaction score
1
Location
Ontario
Oh I definitely agree that they shouldn't be taken literarlly, but they could still be good clues to her personality.

Any 'hardass' tests that you know of?
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

Survivor

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 11, 2000
Messages
763
Reaction score
26
Age
50
Re: wrong forum

Originally posted by gentleman193
Guys, this should be on the main board.
Yeah I agree.

Moved to Don Juan Discussion.
 
Top