Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Will the tide of degeneracy ever recede?

Will the tide of degeneracy ever recede?

• Yes, but not in our lifetime

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, sometime soon

• No, society will collapse first

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • No, we've advanced too far, get used to living in a boring dystopia

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Yes, after authoritarianism takes hold(communism/fascism)

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • No, after authoritarianism takes hold(communism/fascism)

• Yes, sometime in our lifetime

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters

Jack22

Don Juan
Reaction score
Or is it impossible to put the genie back in the bottle? Something's gotta give, society can't go on like this forever.

Last edited:

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's been a slow, steady decline. I imagine this will continue, until it's logical conclusion. Who knows how long it will take?

It started in 1971. Abandoning the gold standard has had dire effects on society.

The problem has always been, the money.

Jack22

Don Juan
Reaction score
Without a rigid moral/social structure to abide by, society and it's institutions will degrade as people aren't capable of making the right choices on their own without some sort of incentive. After a certain threshold of degeneracy is reached, I believe people will elect authoritarian leaders into power as a form of self regulation. These leaders will then choose a scapegoat- Jews, kulaks, people with certain political views, etc, then focus people's hatred onto that one thing until their goal is realized. (power for the sake of power)

Then they're overthrown or collapse, and the process starts all over again. That's how it'd usually go, but with the advance of technology, the future is even more uncertain. In order to maintain a job where you keep food on the table, you will have to own a smart device which tracks your movements and makes resistance nearly impossible. You can argue that these authoritarian institutions are corrupt and less efficient, but it will become increasingly more difficult for the average person to advocate for change.

Last edited:

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Without a rigid moral/social structure to abide by, society and it's institutions will degrade as people aren't capable of making the right choices on their own without some sort of incentive. After a certain threshold of degeneracy is reached, I believe people will elect authoritarian leaders into power as a form of self regulation. These leaders will then choose a scapegoat- Jews, kulaks, people with certain political views, etc, then focus people's hatred onto that one thing until their goal is realized. (power for the sake of power)

Then they're overthrown or collapse, and the process starts all over again. That's how it'd usually go, but with the advance of technology, the future is even more uncertain. In order to maintain a job where you keep food on the table, you will have to own a smart device which tracks your movements and makes resistance nearly impossible. You can argue that these authoritarian institutions are corrupt and less efficient, but it will become increasingly more difficult for the average person to advocate for change.
I think the people who survive, wouldn't need government or rules and regulation.

Government is an old outdated idea. Many of us don't need it.

Just respect for each other.

Jack22

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think the people who survive, wouldn't need government or rules and regulation.

Government is an old outdated idea. Many of us don't need it.

Just respect for each other.
political chart.png

I don't think that's realistic when accounting for how people have evolved. Now that I think about it, is this topic even worth discussing? We can conceptualize ideas all we'd like, but how has this improved my life?

Black Widow Void

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There was no option for "yes. Some time in our life time."
Here's my thoughts.

My father grew up in the era where fraternity brothers were piling into phone booths and swallowing gold fish. I can only imagine his surprise the next ten years to see men burning their draft cards, growing their hair long, openly admitting to taking LSD, etc... He also probably thought that the world couldn't get much worse and there may be no turning back.

Twelve years later, Reagan was elected and things were far more subdued (more like the late 50's than the late 60's) . During this period, I hung out with the punk rock crowd (and took LSD)... but as a 'society' I can remember thinking that things were getting rather boring.

Just as with my father's lifetime, I suspect that we'll also experience something similar at some point. I hope so.

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
View attachment 7867

I don't think that's realistic when accounting for how people have evolved. Now that I think about it, is this topic even worth discussing? We can conceptualize ideas all we'd like, but how has this improved my life?
Government is only really needed for the restraint of 'bad actors' and 'evil'.

They have failed to do both. At this point, how is it 'realistic' to expect them to govern as intended?

Zimbabwe

Banned
Reaction score
There was no option for "yes. Some time in our life time."
Here's my thoughts.

My father grew up in the era where fraternity brothers were piling into phone booths and swallowing gold fish. I can only imagine his surprise the next ten years to see men burning their draft cards, growing their hair long, openly admitting to taking LSD, etc... He also probably thought that the world couldn't get much worse and there may be no turning back.

Twelve years later, Reagan was elected and things were far more subdued (more like the late 50's than the late 60's) . During this period, I hung out with the punk rock crowd (and took LSD)... but as a 'society' I can remember thinking that things were getting rather boring.

Just as with my father's lifetime, I suspect that we'll also experience something similar at some point. I hope so.
Good point, we can never really know what the future holds. It wasn't long ago when Twitter was used to overthrow authoritarian regimes in the middle east and now it's become a toxic SJW wasteland with people cancelling each other over old obscure tweets.

I'm optimistic that Traditionalism would become more trendy in the future, the pendulum always swings back.

Speculator E

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Or is it impossible to put the genie back in the bottle? Something's gotta give, society can't go on like this forever.
It's hard to say. Unless there's an opposite force that pushes back you can expect things will continue to get worse.
The best you can do at the moment is keep your mind, body, and spirit strong and stay out of danger.
In today's woke feminist environment it could mean to staying away from women or don't marry if need be.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I tend to doubt it. With Reagan, there were many people left who still remembered "the good old days". The story now is there never was a "good old days" because there was no equity. They want to get rid of the whole system, and (whether they realize it or not) usher in the Totalitarian State. The other problem is that the moral center continues to decline as more people reject religion, and that is not replaceable.

So as much as I would like to see it otherwise, I think we continue to slide toward Authoritarianism. Amazingly (and this is the thing that surprises me), there are a lot of people not just resigned to Authoritarianism, they are clamoring for it. Look at some of the old rock heroes, Neil Young and Joni Mitchell, standing up right now for censorship and to squash freedom of speech.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Whether we like it or not, due to technological advancements in humans, the male and female dynamic has changed. Females no longer need to lean on males for protection, they have the government. They also do not need to lean on males for money, food or shelter because of the government welfare programs. However, the government welfare programs cost a lot to maintain. Eventually, people will be tired of spending 40%-50% of their salary to support people they do not even know. There could also be a civil war between the blues and reds in the states.

In the flip side, males are really not males any longer. Females have more male traits in the current generation (and prior) than the males due to society and single mom households. You would be surprised how many of my tenants are in amazement when I fix something as simple as rehanging a closet door or repairing walls in my buildings I own/manage. If you can believe it, males really cannot do simple things like re-attach a closet door. I mean, the dude (a tenant, nice guy) is an army vet and his wife actually works for a property management company. Neither knew how to rehang a closet door. WTF. Took less than 2 minutes.

Welcome to the 21st century where people cannot do basic things.

Plinco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That's a speculative question that no one has the answer for sure. Historically when a civilization collapses, it does so in a non-linear fashion. You might be interested in this book: Biohistory, Decline and Fall of The West

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ultimately no one knows, you can't always look at history to make predictions - no one can predict the future more than a few weeks or months out.

Either the trend will continue and destroy western civilization or there will be a opposing force that corrects it. Or maybe it will just peter on it on its own for mysterious reasons. Who the hell knows. Global culture brought on by the internet/smartphones/big tech is so radically different than any other point in human history that it's really impossible to predict where it's going.

Black Widow Void

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@zekko I agree and your thoughts about musicians ... well, a few days ago, I created a meme about this mentality. 6943CC72-6EC8-47D5-ADD8-307C00812DE6.jpeg

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The degenerates in this society are incapable of stopping because without something to complain about or destroy, they are nothing. They never solve problems, they just b!tch about them.

Also, SJW degenerates are compelled to out-stupid each other in their game of virtue signalling and being the most woke. First it was gay rights, now it's pedo rights. First it was judge a man by the content of his character, now it's judge them by the color of their skin.

I do think that the tide is in the process of turning right now because the degenerates have simply gone too far, and as I said earlier, they will continue to go further out to lunch and eat each other alive in the process.

These two recent polls give me a lot of hope.

1643915381810.png

The degenerates love to claim that they're diverse and tolerant, while in reality they are hateful and bigoted. (bear in mind that the "democrat" title here very likely represents that 37% mentioned above)

1643915441369.png

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The degenerates in this society are incapable of stopping because without something to complain about or destroy, they are nothing. They never solve problems, they just b!tch about them.

Also, SJW degenerates are compelled to out-stupid each other in their game of virtue signalling and being the most woke. First it was gay rights, now it's pedo rights. First it was judge a man by the content of his character, now it's judge them by the color of their skin.

I do think that the tide is in the process of turning right now because the degenerates have simply gone too far, and as I said earlier, they will continue to go further out to lunch and eat each other alive in the process.

These two recent polls give me a lot of hope.

View attachment 7870

The degenerates love to claim that they're diverse and tolerant, while in reality they are hateful and bigoted. (bear in mind that the "democrat" title here very likely represents that 37% mentioned above)

View attachment 7871
Yo, you got links?

Deep Dish

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Chart is courtesy of Turd Flinging Monkey