"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Why you no longer need to be a DJ

gentleman193

Don Juan
Joined
Dec 16, 2003
Messages
149
Reaction score
0
Age
52
Once upon a time, getting laid was something. Now, it's piss. Now, it's free. You just gotta show up. DOn't believe me, read this:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A54736-2004Aug10.html

Fact is, game or not, you score. It's like playing DOOM with unlimited ammo and unlimited lives. There is no challenge.

Therefore, IMO, all of this "DJ" stuff is worthless. The prize is worthless.

~

The TRUE GAME is seduction. Pootang is nothing. But make her fall in love with you, dream about you, beg to be with you -- and then, if you feel like it, break her heart (or not) -- that is something. That, in fact, is MORE REAL TODAY, b/c the more cynical the woman the harder it is to grab her heart, to make her feel for you.

~

Interesting, it used to be women who had toplay this game with men. But now, women act like men. They are the sexual agressors, men are supposed to service them with a snap of the fingers when they shake it at us.

So I say from now on make them love you first. Then you can have whatever you want. And in the end you won't get hurt.
 

"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

aBAzLLnA

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 21, 2002
Messages
736
Reaction score
0
Well that's 20-30 seconds of my life I'll never get back.
Damn... I could've used that time to watch some commercials! What the hell man?

~ivan
 

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 10, 2003
Messages
15,481
Reaction score
65
Location
Galt's Gulch
I didn't read the article but I'm guess someone is confusing a DJ with a Player. Nothing wrong with being a player if that's the road you've chosen, but I do not believe that DJ skills will ever become worthless.
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

check_mate_kid_uk

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 27, 2004
Messages
2,077
Reaction score
4
Location
UK
being a DJ is not about getting laid, its a way of life not just about getting women that is only part of it, and there is also a diffrence between getting laid and being able to get in to a good relationship with a decent women
 

Survivor

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 11, 2000
Messages
763
Reaction score
26
Age
50
Sorry, I don't see how this topic pertains specifically to older men.

Moved to Don Juan Discussion.
 
Top