Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Why squat more?

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You couldn’t struggle to fit through doorways if you tried. Be honest. Lifting strengthens joints it does not weaken them. Bad form and poor protocols damage joints
That, and he will need a cvcktail of steroids to get that huge. No way a strong natural will get that large.

I can squat 2X BW and I’m slim in appearance.

jafman

Don Juan
Reaction score
That, and he will need a cvcktail of steroids to get that huge. No way a strong natural will get that large.

I can squat 2X BW and I’m slim in appearance.
GJ on the 2x. Sounds like you have optimised your frames strength potential pretty well.

RazorRambo24

Banned
Reaction score
You couldn’t struggle to fit through doorways if you tried. Be honest. Lifting strengthens joints it does not weaken them. Bad form and poor protocols damage joints
That's the point genius. My whole point is I workout to look good not to be a jacked monster. You can have as much muscles as you want and still never be as successful with women as I am. Thats just life.

Stanley

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You should be progressive overloading anyways, you never want to stand still with the same weight. I had an accident in which I herniated 2 discs, went to chiropractor, took medicine, even got two epidural steroid injections, started 1 year ago with 20lbs on each side, two day ago I squatted 225 for 5 reps, not strong by definition, but if I did it, you could keep increasing weight, cause it also gets your core strong that pretty much supports your upper body.
Same, two herniated disks, arthritis and sciatica had shots as well. Did physical therapy and my pt later told me to ease into squatting once I had built up some foundational strength in my lower back through hip thrusts and deadlifts and the like. Once I hit 300lbs on Dl's I added squats and am currently at 225 for 6 which is decent for my height and weight. A year of this and my disks have relaxed and my sciatica and lower back pain are gone entirely. Love me some squats, hated them at first

I really don't squat heavy.. For the simple fact that I have older friends who have joint issues in their late 30s early 40's due to alot of heavy squatting at a young age (powerlifting).

I pretty much workout to look good. I don't care about being a jacked/huge dude who can't fit in doorways so my philosophy isnt based on going super heavy/ego lifting..

I do have a nice bench though I can bench 325 for 8 reps and I don't use pre workout or creatine
What were you squatting when you did? Bench 325lbs for 8 reps puts' you at 403.5 lbs one rep max which is elite level strength. 400lbs is considered the average that a powerlifter can lift for reference so that's pretty dang good.

RazorRambo24

Banned
Reaction score
Same, two herniated disks, arthritis and sciatica had shots as well. Did physical therapy and my pt later told me to ease into squatting once I had built up some foundational strength in my lower back through hip thrusts and deadlifts and the like. Once I hit 300lbs on Dl's I added squats and am currently at 225 for 6 which is decent for my height and weight. A year of this and my disks have relaxed and my sciatica and lower back pain are gone entirely. Love me some squats, hated them at first

What were you squatting when you did? Bench 325lbs for 8 reps puts' you at 403.5 lbs one rep max which is elite level strength. 400lbs is considered the average that a powerlifter can lift for reference so that's pretty dang good.
I got up to 405 on squats 1RM and 365 on front squats

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Body weight squat is not much at all. “Strong” would be 2X body weight. Elite is 2.5X.

IMO, there is a lot of room for more strength progress on the squat. As other poster’s mentioned, the Squat has numerous other benefits. It is arguably the most effective load bearing exercise that exists.
Agree...my squats were 475 lbs at 188 lbs and I felt I should have been able to do more, my legs were massive.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
I got up to 405 on squats 1RM and 365 on front squats
Props for the front squats...I just can't handle those, no matter how much padding I tried to use my front delts and chest used to get bruised the fvck up so badly that it wasn't worth it for me.

Liked to do hack squats as a change up at times.

Fruitbat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I can squat 90k 8 reps

if I squat properly, below 90 degrees, slowly, I can barely squat 70 with 8 reps.

Most guys I see squatting are just working their hips. Big numbers but not actual squats. Sacrifice weight for depth.

anonymous12345

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I can squat 90k 8 reps

if I squat properly, below 90 degrees, slowly, I can barely squat 70 with 8 reps.

Most guys I see squatting are just working their hips. Big numbers but not actual squats. Sacrifice weight for depth.
Have done the same observation on me and others. Now I have focus on proper form too.

jaymbrs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Stronger leg drive for better bench press.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
I can squat 90k 8 reps

Personally Bulgarian Split Squats are my favorite, legs grew like crazy once I started adding those in