"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Why do we always make it seem like these traits are mutually exclusive?

bigdave17

Banned
Joined
Oct 25, 2017
Messages
3,064
Reaction score
581
Age
37
loving
affectionate
honest
caring

vs

strong
assertive
independent


Everybody makes it seem like you either have to be the "alpha badboy" who shows no emotion and acts like a douchebag or you have to be the needy, weak, clingy bitchboy


I'm very affectionate and loving towards all the people in my circle but I tolerate zero disrespect and I'm never afraid to stand up and say something if something is wrong. I'm never clingy. If I text somebody once and they don't respond, I wait until however long is necessary. I give people space when they ask for space. Why do we make it seem like it's impossible to feature both traits?
 
Last edited:

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

zekko

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 6, 2009
Messages
16,760
Reaction score
9,965
I do agree with your post in this instance. The PUA community has always presented the world as if it's black and white - You're either a full on douchebag @sshole or you're a weak simpering AFC. No in between. Life isn't really like that.

It's like alphas and betas, it's best seen as just being a teaching tool, and not as an example of real life.
 

highSpeed

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 20, 2011
Messages
1,022
Reaction score
896
loving
affectionate
honest
caring

vs

strong
assertive
independent


Everybody makes it seem like you either have to be the "alpha badboy" who shows no emotion and acts like a douchebag or you have to be the needy, weak, clingy bitchboy


I'm very affectionate and loving towards all the people in my circle but I tolerate zero disrespect and I'm never afraid to stand up and say something if something is wrong. I'm never clingy. If I text somebody once and they don't respond, I wait until however long is necessary. I give people space when they ask for space. Why do we make it seem like it's impossible to feature both traits?
No one and I do mean no one, is any one thing all the time. We are always a combination of a number of different traits and responses. Anyone who pretends otherwise is lying to themselves and/or anyone else.
 

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 27, 2015
Messages
17,586
Reaction score
11,948
Location
DFW, TX
Its not black and white. Some of the mob figures where known to be tender and loving to their family and loved ones.
 
Last edited:
Top