Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Why Do Some Women Eventually Marry Their Best Friend

Dam44

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I saw a tweet recently where the lady posted a picture of a ring with a caption along the lines of 'my best friend asked me to marry him and I said yes'

I have seen this a few times too. What's your take on this?

Black Widow Void

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My take is that either she exhausted her other options and her ‘friend’ waited and was willing to be the last man in line... or that this is an exception to the rule and simply an anomaly.

Billtx49

Reaction score
The common term used is she ‘settled’. She got weary of the dating game, possibly had kids in tow and no marriage buyers interested, but for whatever reason she decided to take the path of least resistance …

Suave88

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I saw a tweet recently where the lady posted a picture of a ring with a caption along the lines of 'my best friend asked me to marry him and I said yes'

It is called misinformation....
No, she didn't, but that was what she tweeted.
Listen man, there is a lot of misinformation going around. Some women are trying to control men and some men are trying to control women.
There is a lot of sterotyping going around. Communication is a factor and most people have issues interpreting and perceiving ohters. There is also a struggle for being alpha instead of a struggle for fvcking. Almost all relationships I have been I ended them becauase I feel I am being changed or manipulated.
It may be that she just wanted to show off the ring or this is a commercial for wedding rings.
Nevertheless, there are two reasons for women to say that statement and actually do it.
One is she wants to make some1 jealous and the other is she wants his money. Think about it.... How much is a wedding ring???? There is glamour....money. I bet it was a fantastic ring....but she doesnt want to be understood as if she marry him for his money, however at the same time, she is not sexually attracted by him.

Either way, she didnt marry him for love or is even attracted to him.

Also, people use wrong choice of words all the time to communicate.
If it really happened and it was not for money or to attract some1 and make that some1 jealous, then he was probably fvcking her a long time....and she didn't want other people to believe she was having sex before marriage. This is my guess.

Anyway, dont fvcking go around now and start to frienndzone women, in hopes to marry them. If she didn't feel for him from the beginning, she won't feel for him later on with a ring in her finger. And it will happened to you just like it happened to her.
Also, when women say friends first, they just mean they want to get to know you first and that is it.

Last edited:

Georgepithyou

Banned
Reaction score
The mere exposure effect, the more you see something the more you become comfortable and attracted to it.

This is why big companies put thwir products everywhere

Medina

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LOL no. You guys got this totally wrong. I've seen this tactic used by women a lot

They don't literally marry their "best friend". They are cunningly telling the world how great their relationship is and diverting your attention away from the REAL reasons (looks, money, status) that would make them look superficial and selfish

In other words, it's a scam

Last edited:

RickTheToad

Reaction score

Age and what does she look like?

Barrister

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A lot of women simply call their LTR their “best friend.” I was my woman’s “best friend” in our last LTR. We never were friends before I started pursuing her. It’s just a dumb chick thing to call their boyfriends their “best friend.”

Georgepithyou

Banned
Reaction score
I have gained attraction for friends that I had while in relationships with other women...like they weren't attractive enough previously but they became attractive to me when I realized I liked their other traits a lot.
That's from the propinquity effect

crosscheck1331

Don Juan
Reaction score
Because it is possible for women to actually like and fall in love with guy friends.

It's quite common actually back home for me (I'm Albanian). In the city where I am from I know some people my age that are already engaged. The guys usually are standouts- cool guys. If you're a desirable guy and available it's not difficult to date a female friend if she is also available.

I've seen the same happen here too infact a lot of girls I know got their boyfriends through their social circle. The comfort and familiarity should work to your advantage. The only way I can't see it working is if she just isn't attracted which happens sometimes. After all you won't like every girl you encounter as well.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
She’s given up high level attraction for ‘he looks good enough’ and opted for comfort mode.
Superman has nailed it! :up:

I actually know a gal who arrived at marriage in this manner. It ended up like this, and it seems they are happy. This gal is much smarter than the average bear, so she figured it out quite early on. And her husband took pride in being her "friend" for so long. It actually seems old-fashioned but for her being a decade or so older than it would have been in generations past.

Rollo calls this situation "Betas in waiting".

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LOL no. You guys got this totally wrong. I've seen this tactic used by women a lot

They don't literally marry their "best friend". They are cunningly telling the world how great their relationship is and diverting your attention away from the REAL reasons (looks, money, status) that would make them look superficial and selfish

In other words, it's a scam
Women typically compartmentalize between platonic friends and dudes who they can date, and of the dudes they date, they differentiate between lovers (the guys you hide from your dad) and providers (boyfriend/husband material you bring home to on Christmas who wears the sweater his grandma made him). Note the subtlety of nuance here: saying you married your best friend is different than saying your boyfriend/husband is your best friend.

You’re talking about the latter, not the former.

3agle 3yes

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

You’ve seen this a few times? Or do you actually know women who have married their “best friend”?

Sometimes the ignorance here is shocking.

Others have already mentioned it, but women often refer to men they are in LTRs with as “their best friend”. This is pretty common and should be obvious.

They don’t actually mean their “best friend” or even friend, who is almost always another woman (or women).

In this case, it‘s no different to her saying her “soul mate”.

Nothing to see here...

Dam44

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You’ve seen this a few times? Or do you actually know women who have married their “best friend”?

Sometimes the ignorance here is shocking.

Others have already mentioned it, but women often refer to men they are in LTRs with as “their best friend”. This is pretty common and should be obvious.

They don’t actually mean their “best friend” or even friend, who is almost always another woman (or women).

In this case, it‘s no different to her saying her “soul mate”.

Nothing to see here...
I don't know any in real life.
Now I understand, I've been taking the words at surface level

Rainman4707

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thats after he has conducted the initial courtship phase.

In majority of cases, she wont be interested if he is a wussy.

He has to mention other women in his life to let her know he is a challenge. Or spend time concentrating on improving HIMSELF. He transforms himself into her best friend.

The best friend part forms after the courtship phase.