Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Why Do So Many People Complain about Living in America?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zimbabwe

Banned
Reaction score
With the way some Americans talk, you would think they are living North Korea or Syria. I have never seen a group of people on the Internet complain about living in a country as much as Americans do. These people are seriously convinced that America has the same living standards as Zimbabwe, I'm not sure if any of them have actually visited to see what a real third world country is like.

They complain about not having "free" healthcare, I'm not sure if these people understand that you still pay for it through taxes and Medicare levies like we do in Australia plus the public health system is a nightmare. I had to wait 18 months for non elective surgery here in Australia.

They also seem to think they live in a warzone like Syria thanks to guns being legal, even though Gun violence has been on a sharp decline for decades now according to statistics.

They also complain about supposed racism, have any of them met an Uyghur or a Tibetan that was forced to live in China? These people are literally put into concentration camps.

I honestly don't understand why they hate America so much but still refuse to leave it, it doesn't make any sense to me.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The United States had a great run. In the last few decades, it has resembled the Roman Empire in the last 100 years or so prior to 476 AD.

PRW63

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Illinois within driving distance of St Louis, Mo
With the way some Americans talk, you would think they are living North Korea or Syria. I have never seen a group of people on the Internet complain about living in a country as much as Americans do.
Because we know what we had, and how much had to go into building it,....and we get really really really pissed off at worthless miserable excuses for human beings just pissing it all away.

PRW63

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Because they haven't experienced what 80% of the Worlds population has to live like on a daily basis
80% of the worlds population doesn't have a clue what the "real" USA is like. They see Celebrities and think we are all like that. The bulk of the population is two paychecks from being homeless. The cities are all full of rot and are kill zones if you walk one or two blocks too far in the wrong direction. The population is mostly lower class and lower-middleclass,...a small amount of middle class,...then a huge gap,...then the "Elite",...and the Elite are all the outside world sees.

We don't just complain, we fight to maintain it every election,...in vain,...and watch it crumble away.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
80% of the worlds population doesn't have a clue what the "real" USA is like. They see Celebrities and think we are all like that. The bulk of the population is two paychecks from being homeless. The cities are all full of rot and are kill zones if you walk one or two blocks too far in the wrong direction. The population is mostly lower class and lower-middleclass,...a small amount of middle class,...then a huge gap,...then the "Elite",...and the Elite are all the outside world sees.

We don't just complain, we fight to maintain it every election,...in vain,...and watch it crumble away.
That's because they haven't gotten into crypto.

PRW63

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
These people are seriously convinced that America has the same living standards as Zimbabwe, I'm not sure if any of them have actually visited to see what a real third world country is like.
Bullsh1t! We are trying to stop it from becoming Zimbabwe. My cousin lives in Kenya, we know what the hell is going on.
They complain about not having "free" healthcare, I'm not sure if these people understand that you still pay for it through taxes and Medicare levies like we do in Australia plus the public health system is a nightmare. I had to wait 18 months for non elective surgery here in Australia.
Bullsh1t! Yea, the Woke Left wants "free healthcare" but the rest of the population with a brain opposes it for the very reason you state. But all you know about the USA is what the Woke Leftist media feeds you.
They also seem to think they live in a warzone like Syria thanks to guns being legal, even though Gun violence has been on a sharp decline for decades now according to statistics.
Bullsh1t! stats. The Woke Leftist thinks having legal guns will make it a war zone,...but what they will get is a war zone if they try to take the guns away.
They also complain about supposed racism, have any of them met an Uyghur or a Tibetan that was forced to live in China? These people are literally put into concentration camps.
Again, the Woke Leftist are obsessed with race because they use it as a political weapon to divide an conquer the population. "Normal" people barely ever use "race" in a sentence unless it is NASCAR.

You have an amazingly twisted view of the USA as presented to you by the Woke Leftist. But of course that is exactly what they want. So congratulate them on a job well done. The propaganda machine is a success.

Go clean up your own house. Make Zimbabwe into a "heaven" then we can all come there.

Modern Man Advice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
With the way some Americans talk, you would think they are living North Korea or Syria. I have never seen a group of people on the Internet complain about living in a country as much as Americans do. These people are seriously convinced that America has the same living standards as Zimbabwe, I'm not sure if any of them have actually visited to see what a real third world country is like.

I honestly don't understand why they hate America so much but still refuse to leave it, it doesn't make any sense to me.
Same reason women complain about dating: self-entitled.

If more Americans would travel the world and see other parts of it, they would not complain. Trust me.

But to add a little to the topic, just like any other empire in the history of the world, it comes to an end. The U.S is experiencing that downfall towards it. And when you have such a young nation, that grew so fast and is starting to feel its decadence, you get unfulfilled and restless citizens.

Modern Man Advice

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bullsh1t! Yea, the Woke Left wants "free healthcare" but the rest of the population with a brain opposes it for the very reason you state. But all you know about the USA is what the Woke Leftist media feeds you.
To be clear, the US health care system is complete shvt. No one in the developed world would trade a single-payer system for a private model that rewards insurance companies for refusing to pay medical bills. We also pay an obscene amount for prescription drugs. For all the money we piss away on health care in the USA we have bad rankings to show for it. The only people who like health care here have the means to pay their own way, or haven’t yet been told by their insurance company to fvck off when they actually get sick.

derby1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you all need to get over to the UK, the women actually think theyre hard done by.

(The UK is the biggest whiteknight capital of Europe, and women have social constructs at every level to look good loosing)

PRW63

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Same reason women complain about dating: self-entitled.
Bullsh1t!
If more Americans would travel the world and see other parts of it, they would not complain. Trust me.
Bullsh1t! Americans travels everywhere,...at least the ones who can afford to. But the rest of us can barely make our house payment or rent.

You have three camps of "complainers".
  1. You have the entitled Leftists that run the propaganda machine that the rest of the world sees.
  2. The second group are the Useful Idiots brain washed by the propaganda.
  3. The third group you have the "masses" who can barely stay out of poverty, having their rights mowed down by the government, big tech, and the leftist Oligarchs, as they watch their country turned in to the "3rd world",....and put up with arrogant a$$e$ in other parts of the world call them "entitled".

PRW63

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
To be clear, the US health care system is complete shvt.
Bullsh1t!
People in Canada and other countries who have "free" healthcare flee and come to us to get away from their hellhole single-payer system.

Before insurance took over everything you could afford it yourself. Insurance wrecks everything. I used to work in the autobody business,...most is paid for by insurance. No one can afford to have "autobody" work done on their own because it is so inflated. Mechanical work which is not paid for by insurance is marginally affordable. The very existence of insurance horribly inflates whatever is "insured". It becomes self perpetuating in that once insurance appears on the scene, soon after the only way it can be paid for is with insurance. Once "Big Insurance" has a strangle hold on something they raise the rates, they have no competition, then no one can afford the insurance. When no one can afford the insurance rates Big Government steps in and says "I'm from the government, and I'm here to help save you from Evil Big Insurance" (that they are really in bed with). Once Big Government has control of your healthcare they OWN you.

There is no such thing as "single-payer" and never was. Everyone pays. When the government has a hand in it then it costs even more. We have the best healthcare system in the world, the problem is the insurance companies and the government standing in between the patient and the doctor. The government and the insurance companies are NOT "The Healthcare System" but they dictate to the Healthcare System what they can do with you and how they have to do it. The doctors treat you the way they do because they are dictated to by insurance and government.

Modern Man Advice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bullsh1t!

Bullsh1t! Americans travels everywhere,...at least the ones who can afford to. But the rest of us can barely make our house payment or rent.

You have three camps of "complainers".
  1. You have the entitled Leftists that run the propaganda machine that the rest of the world sees.
  2. The second group are the Useful Idiots brain washed by the propaganda.
  3. The third group you have the "masses" who can barely stay out of poverty, having their rights mowed down by the government, big tech, and the leftist Oligarchs, as they watch their country turned in to the "3rd world",....and put up with arrogant a$$e$ in other parts of the world call them "entitled".
I agree with your "three camps" of complainers. You are not entirely wrong nor right. I think your biggest hurdle if you want to effectively convey your opinion is to reword/rephrase your thoughts.

Simply calling everyone's opinions BS will incentivize other people to not take you seriously, that is childish behavior. Lose it.

You clearly have an agenda and political view, not everything has to do with politics. The thread is more or less (at least how I understand it) cultural behavior. It is clear you are not a fan of the left, and I can see why. Especially when it comes to the media and big corporations. But using this thread as an opportunity to share your political views when most of us are simply referring to the general (not everyone) American attitude, again diminishes the effectiveness of your message which like I said you are not entirely wrong.

Circling back to my first point, hence why I said: "if more". You have to read carefully before again simply labeling everything BS. Americans do travel, and I bet those that do rarely if ever complain. I personally have seen some pretty rough communities with real needs, problems, oppression, injustice, etc, etc, etc and worst of all without hope. I've personally talked to them and interacted with them, and I never (at least that I recall) heard them complain about their situation. On the other hand, I've for sure heard many healthy and at least with a roof-over-their heads Americans complain.

I mean, no offense but you just proved my point. What you are doing is complaining and criticizing. That never solved any real problems, you are stating the issues aka complaining.

Anyway, hope you are self-aware enough to realize what I am saying to you for your own good.

Modern Man Advice

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bullsh1t!
People in Canada and other countries who have "free" healthcare flee and come to us to get away from their hellhole single-payer system.

Before insurance took over everything you could afford it yourself. Insurance wrecks everything. I used to work in the autobody business,...most is paid for by insurance. No one can afford to have "autobody" work done on their own because it is so inflated. Mechanical work which is not paid for by insurance is marginally affordable. The very existence of insurance horribly inflates whatever is "insured". It becomes self perpetuating in that once insurance appears on the scene, soon after the only way it can be paid for is with insurance. Once "Big Insurance" has a strangle hold on something they raise the rates, they have no competition, then no one can afford the insurance. When no one can afford the insurance rates Big Government steps in and says "I'm from the government, and I'm here to help save you from Evil Big Insurance" (that they are really in bed with). Once Big Government has control of your healthcare they OWN you.

There is no such thing as "single-payer" and never was. Everyone pays. When the government has a hand in it then it costs even more. We have the best healthcare system in the world, the problem is the insurance companies and the government standing in between the patient and the doctor. The government and the insurance companies are NOT "The Healthcare System" but they dictate to the Healthcare System what they can do with you and how they have to do it. The doctors treat you the way they do because they are dictated to by insurance and government.
This is wildly off base to the point of delusion. You flat out do not have the money to pay for your own health care nor the person you hit in a car accident. It is basic risk mitigation.

Exhibit A a big problem in the USA is people resort to talking points pitched to them by pro-corporate media ideologues.

PRW63

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with your "three camps" of complainers. You are not entirely wrong nor right. I think your biggest hurdle if you want to effectively convey your opinion is to reword/rephrase your thoughts.

Simply calling everyone's opinions BS will incentivize other people to not take you seriously, that is childish behavior. Lose it.
Then they shouldn't start out calling me "entitled" (or "delusional" as EyeBRollin did) and dismissing American's complaints because some 3rd world country sucks worse. When they throw the first punch don't complain if I punch back.

The whole original post by Zimbabwe was incindiary and inflamitory and was just asking for a thread like this.

Modern Man Advice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Then they shouldn't start out calling me "entitled" (or "delusional" as EyeBRollin did) and dismissing American's complaints because some 3rd world country sucks worse. When they throw the first punch don't complain if I punch back.

The whole original post by Zimbabwe was incindiary and inflamitory and was just asking for a thread like this.
In that case, yes you are entitled. Or at least showcasing an entitled attitude.

You are effectively reacting like a modern feminist. Especially this part "dismissing American's complaints because some 3rd world country sucks worse.". This is at the core of modern feminism, the who-has-suffered-the-most competition to promote and justify an ideology.

It is not about comparing to "some 3rd world country", as you call it, but rather about gaining perspective.

Like I said you are not entirely wrong, I can see why you feel the need to express aka complain. But your rant sounds more like those exact same complaints we are discussing. Trust me when I say this, other human beings are experiencing the same (and often worse) issues as Americans. The only difference is their attitude towards it.

Now I really hope that opens your eyes a little.

Modern Man Advice

Plinco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
All of the reasons above.

Plinco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The United States had a great run. In the last few decades, it has resembled the Roman Empire in the last 100 years or so prior to 476 AD.
The 1960's in the west was like Rome in the 2nd century BC

Status
Not open for further replies.