Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Why do all mainstream male singers sound like pvssies these days?

Gimple

Banned
Reaction score
Anyone else make this same observation?

What happened to the masculine voices like we had pre-2000? They were raw, virile and ballsy. Now we have these wimpy sounding guys. Literally all of them.

Do record labels and music execs not seek out masculine voices anymore? Or is there no demand for it anymore? And if either, which came first?

TheCharmingGuy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You can listen to male vocalists and not be gay...
Also, I agree with op. Most male singers these days crank it up a few notes just because higher notes, for some reason, turn on the teenage girls listening. No clue why (this is why most female adults have switched over to better music, because they don’t wet themselves looking at boy bands anymore)

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Most male singers these days crank it up a few notes just because higher notes, for some reason, turn on the teenage girls listening.
An odd phenomenon, because it's usually accepted that a deep masculine voice in conversation will appeal to females. But popular music seems to favor males who can sing in higher registers (country notwithstanding). Maybe because the ability to sing high is rarer in males, so it's seen as a greater skill, and helps them to stand out.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, cause you're gay if you like Metallic or Guns N' Roses. Right. :rolleyes:
No disrespect intended. That's a concert, not a music video. But sure I look at music videos with guys mainly on it as well on occasion, such as Madness "Our House", or something from the 80s like Mr Mister. I'm not obsessed by them I guess is what I mean to say.

Like take this video for example:

I've only watched it once or twice and then I leave it alone. Anymore than that then you know it wouldn't feel right. Videos that feature one guy taking the screen....I don't know. Do you think that video is very masculine for Mr. Chad here? Its a recent music video.

FuzzX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You mean like this?

or this

I love high voices man... I'm probably gay, who knows. :D

Last edited:

FuzzX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Common this is a good song, lol... this might aswell be the Sosuave anthem

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
An odd phenomenon, because it's usually accepted that a deep masculine voice in conversation will appeal to females. But popular music seems to favor males who can sing in higher registers (country notwithstanding). Maybe because the ability to sing high is rarer in males, so it's seen as a greater skill, and helps them to stand out.
Popular music that appeals to chicks is all about displaying emotions that you can't in real life. It's not just the whiny, pleading voice it's the cringey lyrics as well. It's so girls can indulge in an Alpha (pop star musician) being Beta fantasy. Ordinary guys who act pleadingly and write love letters, etc typically aren't Alphas and thus would get shat on in real life.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As to why this has increased, it's all part of the Satanic Inversion Agenda - in this case to denigrate masculinity by removing it from the mainstream. The industry started it off by promoting boy bands in the late 90's and it's been readily accepted due to the overall feminization of the society.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Manly voices are still found in manly kinds of music as much as manly actors are still found in action movies.

The problem is that any product made for men is now becoming secondary in the mainstream media.